Notifications
Clear all

First Time Roaccutane User Support Needed!

MemberMember
(@saraheliza)

Posted : 10/07/2014 6:21 am

All I can say is I wish I had started at the beginning of winter! It's spring now and just starting to warm up, I have quite fair skin so I'm already used to covering up or wearing a lot of sunscreen and a hat (that Australian sun man) But I'm such a beach/outdoors type of person, I hope I can be off the drug by Christmas so I can still enjoy summer!

I'm also really annoyed that we're not supposed to get waxing done whilst on it grrr. But I think all of it will be worth it!! I'm just going to complain often it seems haha

I'm on 20mg also by the way :)

Sarah x

MemberMember
(@falconlover)

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:14 am

Hey! I'm also on roaccutane- nearly 3 months on 40mg. I think it's a good thing that you are on it gradually. I was put on 40mg everyday from the very start (60kg female) and the side effects hit me hard at the beginning.

Some of the side effects wear off a bit, I started out with back pain and it has gone completely now. This might be because of the fish oil and vitamin e supplements helping (apparently vit e reduces side effects). Vitamin b complex reduced my tiredness significantly too.

I second whoever recommended the avene products, I got samples in my chemist and they are very gentle and moisturising. Cetaphil moisturiser has to be the best for dry skin though.

Also- the migraines, I get these often and I think its because of the birth control that I was practically forced to take that is causing them.

Don't be afraid to ask me anything! And best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@goldenpanties)

Posted : 10/07/2014 5:03 pm

Hey girl! Just wanna say you will get there! I just started last week 50mg and I am dry as anything. My lips haven't cracked yet just the side of them and around my nose and chin area is also very dry. IM ALSO VERY ITCHY!!!! did anyone else experience this or are experiencing it? I am taking fish oil with the accutane and drinking loads of water

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/08/2014 5:11 am

Hey girl! Just wanna say you will get there! I just started last week 50mg and I am dry as anything. My lips haven't cracked yet just the side of them and around my nose and chin area is also very dry. IM ALSO VERY ITCHY!!!! did anyone else experience this or are experiencing it? I am taking fish oil with the accutane and drinking loads of water but I will say that I've not really saw any improvement.. Just dryness. I'd actually like A breakout just so I know it's actually working and not just making me really dry!! I am really dry everywhere... And I do mean everywhere and yes I'm talking about down stairs. Sex sounds as appealing as being stabbed in the face repeatedly. NOT FUN!

It's great really haaa. Also it's made me get a shit load of ulcers in my mouth. I'm so confused about that! Accutane was the only last option for me. So here's hoping! On it for 6 months! I hope your course goes smoothly as well and remember don't give up. You wouldn't tell a cancer patient to give up so you don't give up!! And if you ever feel sad just remind yourself it's just cause you are on this drug. And you are doing it to change the way your face is! Also here's a photo of my mug shot.. Enjoy girl!! Xxx

Your post made me laugh!!!

I'm itchy too, face and back mainly. My migraines aren't birth control relates as i'm not on the pill thank god.

Nose and chin is very dry and i experieced a cold sore in the 1st week. Oil is drying up and I fel like my pores on my nose are shrinking.

I will get some fish oil today!!!

Your skin looks quite similar to mine.I'm now having an outbrak and have a cystic one the size of a malteaser on my neck :(

Keep in touch :)

Hey! I'm also on roaccutane- nearly 3 months on 40mg. I think it's a good thing that you are on it gradually. I was put on 40mg everyday from the very start (60kg female) and the side effects hit me hard at the beginning.

Some of the side effects wear off a bit, I started out with back pain and it has gone completely now. This might be because of the fish oil and vitamin e supplements helping (apparently vit e reduces side effects). Vitamin b complex reduced my tiredness significantly too.

I second whoever recommended the avene products, I got samples in my chemist and they are very gentle and moisturising. Cetaphil moisturiser has to be the best for dry skin though.

Also- the migraines, I get these often and I think its because of the birth control that I was practically forced to take that is causing them.

Don't be afraid to ask me anything! And best of luck to you!

Hey,

Yes I agree, slow and steady seems to be working. Minor side effects, migraine has now passed. I'm not on birth control but experinced this around the time of the month.

I take pantothenic acid but i'm reluctant to take the quantity i did before, I am taking skin hair and nail supplement as this does not contain vit a. I will get fish oil and vit E today!!!

Finding cetaphil moisturiser horrible and it leave my skin tacky. I will continue to sue it as it helps with the dryness.

Thanks for the advice :)

Amesh liked
MemberMember
(@missfuzz89)

Posted : 10/08/2014 7:09 pm

I hope it clears up soon! !! My case is even worse

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/10/2014 7:30 am

Update:

Cyst on neck is the worst it's ever been. Four or five active ones on face. No worse than before roaccutane. Skin looking better in places.

Back ache from hell today. Pain in lower back from coccyx upwards and all along Lower back. Is this normal on 20mg? I have done house work today which may have aggrevated it.

Now, hair loss.... Every time I wash my hair, which is every two days I'm loosing a lot of hair. I'll upload a photo. I put it on a teaspoon for comparison purposes.

Is this normal?????

Hair loss every few days on washing :(

post-409600-0-71692400-1412944180_thumb.

MemberMember
(@pickledonion)

Posted : 10/10/2014 4:14 pm

Hello!

Hope you are ok.

I had lower back ache for a few days which has pretty much gone now and also my knees get sore quickly, especially walking up flights of stairs! I think this is because of the roaccutane. My joints are also more clicky!!!

Sorry to see you have had hair loss. I think this could be a side effect too :( Could you try leaving it longer between washes, use a very gentle shampoo and avoid brushing it too much and tying it up tightly? Are you finding your hair is dryer now? I get my hair highlighted and had it done last week. The hairdresser recommended this Moroccan oil that I decided to get on impulse! It does seem to help and smells devine!

I started using the cetaphil as you suggested before and have found my foundation sits better on it as long as I can get it in place before it dries! I agree it feels tacky but at the moment it's doing ok and certainly better than what I was using before. What cleanser are you using?

Have a great weekend :)

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/13/2014 5:38 am

Hi Pickledonion,

Back ache is mild now. Think I over exerted myself and did not consider I can not do things like I use too!

I had my hair colured on Saturday....only had my parting and hairline done as there was not enough regrowth to have it highlighted. I usually have a full head colour on for an hour and was too scared to have it done.

I rarely tie my hair back and wash my hair every two days. It is long, like past my shoulder blades. When my hairdresser washed it she said there was no more than usual so I will just keep an eye on it. Its no dryer than usual. I will try the morrocan oil!!

I use the cetaphil face cleanser but It does not remove all make up so I have been using dermologica special cleansing gel. I skipped the cetaphil moisturiser one day and just used my aloe vera gel. Could not believe how dry my skin went!!!! I have always had the most grassiest skin, to the point where people thought I was sweating!!! Pleased to the say the oil has dried up at last!!!!!!!!!!

Had a breakout this week but I really don't care anymore. Have a few painful cysts along my jaw line that are the size of a malteaser. One in particular has been there at least three week and its up and down. Never comes to a head.

Are you seeing any progress yet??

Emma

MemberMember
(@amesh)

Posted : 10/13/2014 4:13 pm

Hey everyone!

Emma - the hair did look a lot on the spoon but I have also noticed it a bit when in the shower :-/ could it be change in the seasons? I sometimes moult/malt?!

Pickled onion- glad the cetaphil is working well I think it's one of the best for this treatment.

Golden panties- lol at the sex comment! True that.

Falcon lover - thanks for sharing your experiences so far it's reassuring that some of your side effects have worn off a bit. Do you think the supplements are worth a go?

Sarah Eliza - I hope the sun doesn't get too hot for you :-/

Today I had my first review 4 weeks in. Derm is happy with my dose (20mg a day) but I wanted to try up to 30mg ( I guess I want it over quicker) so we're doing that this month.

Now my skin overall appears a bit smoother. Pores are tightening and blockages are "unblocking" if you get my drift. But the spots I have are cystic and don't heal quickly at all. My Skin is very fragile so that's something I will have to get used to. I have a lot of bruises! I also have a cyst on my cheek bone and I keep catching it hurts and bleeds a fair bit :-/.

The derm said my side effects were good and a marker that it's working. It's funny cos today I went to work without makeup on knowing that I would see the doc and I just didn't care who else saw me without makeup I think because it feels like at least it's going to get better like it's just a matter of when not if. Still very flushed in the face but I quite like it!

Also, is anyone else getting brain fog?

Amy xxxxx

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/14/2014 3:31 am

Hi Amy,

Think the hair loss is done to the tane. I'm trying not to wash it or brush it much, which is difficult!!!

I'm getting brain fog!!! Mixing words up and forgetting what things are called, it is quite funny really.

I need to book in for my review soon. This is my 4th week on 20mg every otherday and I think i'm tolerating it well.

Minor side effects, dry lips, tierdness and more recently bad bloody back ache!

Ironically, as you mentioned above, I have also ventured out of the house without make up on. This is a 1st for me and i'm confused as to why I feel much more confident on this drug!

Emma.

Hey everyone!

Emma - the hair did look a lot on the spoon but I have also noticed it a bit when in the shower :-/ could it be change in the seasons? I sometimes moult/malt?!

Pickled onion- glad the cetaphil is working well I think it's one of the best for this treatment.

Golden panties- lol at the sex comment! True that.

Falcon lover - thanks for sharing your experiences so far it's reassuring that some of your side effects have worn off a bit. Do you think the supplements are worth a go?

Sarah Eliza - I hope the sun doesn't get too hot for you :-/

Today I had my first review 4 weeks in. Derm is happy with my dose (20mg a day) but I wanted to try up to 30mg ( I guess I want it over quicker) so we're doing that this month.

Now my skin overall appears a bit smoother. Pores are tightening and blockages are "unblocking" if you get my drift. But the spots I have are cystic and don't heal quickly at all. My Skin is very fragile so that's something I will have to get used to. I have a lot of bruises! I also have a cyst on my cheek bone and I keep catching it hurts and bleeds a fair bit :-/.

The derm said my side effects were good and a marker that it's working. It's funny cos today I went to work without makeup on knowing that I would see the doc and I just didn't care who else saw me without makeup I think because it feels like at least it's going to get better like it's just a matter of when not if. Still very flushed in the face but I quite like it!

Also, is anyone else getting brain fog?

Amy xxxxx

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/14/2014 1:34 pm

hey, i am on 20mg too, and have been since 17th June this year. I had the option to up it to 40mg, but after the 4 week mark my skin was dry around the eyes and i could feel my joints aching so I decided to sit at 20mg and go until January 2015. so be on it for 7 months.

I was using an expensive la roche face moisturiser which I now believe clogged a lot of my pores. so that has annoyed me to no end. plus any and i mean ANY spf i use broke me out too. so my forehead and cheeks if you look closely have pin head sized white heads stuck beneath the surface ):

so I switched to cetaphil cleanser and the lotion and so far these two products are working great. I read that you mention the cetaphil doesn't do a good job of removing make up, well i am guy so don't wear make up, however, I get quite a lot of dead skin build up between my beard which is hard to remove as I dont want to exfoliate. So today what i did was, I used the cetaphil lotion (moisturiser) in the shower. so wash as normal, step out of the running water, apply the lotion and massage it in. you will find or at least should hopefully find that the oil in the product will remove make up very well. it certainly removes my dead skin.

i guess its similar to the OCM method (oil cleansing method).

have any of you thought about the acne being caused by hormonal imbalance? or looked in the fatty acid lipid profile of your fats? I have done a lot of research on this topic and it seems as though acne can be caused by an imbalance of the fats mainly, olieic acid and linoleic acid. when the skin is presented with too much olieic acid the sebum produced is thick and sticky, giving rise to clogged pores and thus more acne.

linoleic acid (high in omega 3 6 and 9) produces more silky smooth sebum and sebum that is more able to escape out of the pore and do its duty.

thats one thing that concerns me about this accutane trip i embarked on.

1) will skin ever be 'normal' after or will it always be sensitive and prone to scarring?

thanks

MemberMember
(@nothin2somethin)

Posted : 10/14/2014 7:06 pm

Hey guys, I started accutane 8 days ago. Here are my stats:

Sex: Male

dosage: 40mg/day

weight: 165lb

My acne is worst under my mouth, chin, sides of chin, and jawline. Oiliness is severe on forehead, between eyebrows, nose/sides of nose. I'm going to be going through this same process as you guys for the next few months, so I figured i'd join in. To my knowledge, zero side effects so far.

I have, however, broken out pretty bad in the last few days. Mostly chin and jawline. Jawline is always rough because they are the largest ones, the ones that sound like your skin is cracking when you pop them. The ones on the chin aren't cool either because everyone sees them (whereas facial hair semi-conceals jawline)

My advice so far is this: Stop thinking about how you are undergoing this life-changing process. That headache you got, may have been from stress. That itchy scalp, may have just been a random itchy scalp. I've tried every topical retinoid under the damn sun and the good thing about accutane is that you can pop a pill once a day and that's it. Other than that, you can live your life as you did before. Having to shave every night and apply a layer of moisturizer, followed by a perfected layer of a retinoid, and then the same process every morning with azealic acid, is exhausting after only a week. So forget you're even on accutane, forget that theres 'supposed' to be shitty side effects, and just deal with things as they come, as if they were going to come anyway. It's extremely hard advice to accept and accomplish, but it really will make things easier.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/14/2014 8:30 pm

Hey there! Just stopped by to say hi, and to congratulate you all not only on the journey you all are taking but to thank you for creating such an informative thread on Accutane! You can read about Accutane and its side effects but there's no replacement for first hand accounts. Reading about all your combined experiences as they unfold and seeing their similarities and differences has been very interesting and informative. It's also wonderful seeing you all supporting one another, and keeping a great attitude and sense of humor through the process...Well Done!! :)

Question: do you know if Accutane can be taken along with other medications?? My son is on medication which he needs so I'm guessing he wouldn't be a good candidate. We're treating his skin with topicals. He doesn't have cysts yet thank goodness but thinking about down the road. Praying he didn't inherit my skin!

Best of luck to you all!!! xo

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/14/2014 10:04 pm

Hi :) congrats I'm gonna start next month I have mild but persistent acne with no hope for almost 17 years,I'm done and over it. Some ppl think I don't need it but even though I get 1 to 2 pimples they can be big and persistent and I've had depression cause of it I'm so ready bring it accutane!

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/15/2014 4:29 am

hey, i am on 20mg too, and have been since 17th June this year. I had the option to up it to 40mg, but after the 4 week mark my skin was dry around the eyes and i could feel my joints aching so I decided to sit at 20mg and go until January 2015. so be on it for 7 months.

I was using an expensive la roche face moisturiser which I now believe clogged a lot of my pores. so that has annoyed me to no end. plus any and i mean ANY spf i use broke me out too. so my forehead and cheeks if you look closely have pin head sized white heads stuck beneath the surface ):

so I switched to cetaphil cleanser and the lotion and so far these two products are working great. I read that you mention the cetaphil doesn't do a good job of removing make up, well i am guy so don't wear make up, however, I get quite a lot of dead skin build up between my beard which is hard to remove as I dont want to exfoliate. So today what i did was, I used the cetaphil lotion (moisturiser) in the shower. so wash as normal, step out of the running water, apply the lotion and massage it in. you will find or at least should hopefully find that the oil in the product will remove make up very well. it certainly removes my dead skin.

i guess its similar to the OCM method (oil cleansing method).

have any of you thought about the acne being caused by hormonal imbalance? or looked in the fatty acid lipid profile of your fats? I have done a lot of research on this topic and it seems as though acne can be caused by an imbalance of the fats mainly, olieic acid and linoleic acid. when the skin is presented with too much olieic acid the sebum produced is thick and sticky, giving rise to clogged pores and thus more acne.

linoleic acid (high in omega 3 6 and 9) produces more silky smooth sebum and sebum that is more able to escape out of the pore and do its duty.

thats one thing that concerns me about this accutane trip i embarked on.

1) will skin ever be 'normal' after or will it always be sensitive and prone to scarring?

thanks

Hi,

I will try using the moisturiser after cleansing as you suggested and see if that takes the rest of the make up off. I have been using a warm flannel to take ioff the rest but found this is taking the heads of cysts and them I'm left with pus and fluid running down face....urgh!

Regarding the hormonal imbalnce, I strongly believe mine is down to hormones and I will be asking this question when i meet with my dermatologist for my 1st review. I have had acne on and off for at least 14 years but thinking about it, my acne worsened over that past 6 years. Funnily enough it was when I met my husband, not that he is to blame ha, but I came off the pill and have been off it ever since. It's only takenme 6 years to figure out what changed lol.

I have started to take omega 3,6,9 this month and the inflamation in a problematic cyst has shrunk to half it's original size.

Regrading if skin will ever be normal, who knows. All i know is that from what I read on here, people can go 2-5 years without acne, some say it goes in remmision. For me, a year would be a nice break! I'm not having any expectations, just going with the flow!!!

Emma.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/15/2014 10:43 am

Yeah you wont even need to cleanse, what you should do is use the moisturiser (cetaphil lotion i am referring too here) to remove the make up and grime. Oil removes make up very well. after you have cleansed with the moisturiser then use the cleanser. see how you go!

Don't use any form of wash cloth whilst on accutane, the skin is really super sensitive. I took some sticky elastic tape off my shoulder from the physio and it took my skin off...

deffo something to ask your derm about the hormone stuff. not sure how good they will be on the topic though. Are you from the UK or US?

Thats interesting that the 3 6 9 has reduced your inflammation and cyst! the more I hear about this the more I truly believe it is to do with the acid fat profile.

I think you should check the hormones out, because if those are out of sync i suppose my concern would be that it could return soon after treatment?

J

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/16/2014 8:11 am

Yeah you wont even need to cleanse, what you should do is use the moisturiser (cetaphil lotion i am referring too here) to remove the make up and grime. Oil removes make up very well. after you have cleansed with the moisturiser then use the cleanser. see how you go!

Don't use any form of wash cloth whilst on accutane, the skin is really super sensitive. I took some sticky elastic tape off my shoulder from the physio and it took my skin off...

deffo something to ask your derm about the hormone stuff. not sure how good they will be on the topic though. Are you from the UK or US?

Thats interesting that the 3 6 9 has reduced your inflammation and cyst! the more I hear about this the more I truly believe it is to do with the acid fat profile.

I think you should check the hormones out, because if those are out of sync i suppose my concern would be that it could return soon after treatment?

J

Hi J,

I'm from the UK.

Your right about the hormones, if it is the case will it return, I must remember to ask this at my next appointment, thanks for that!!

I will use the method of cleansing that you suggest tonight and not use a face cloth. I have been toning with witch hazel which I thinks pretty harmless, any thoughts on this??

I really reccomed 3,6,9, i have check ingredients for Vit a and they are safe to take. I use holland and barrett, not sure where yu are from but no doubt you can get hold of some. I also take vitabiotics skin hair and nails as this has biotin in. It does not have vitamin a either so is safe.

How's your journey, I will do an update progress soon.

Emma.

Hey guys, I started accutane 8 days ago. Here are my stats:

Sex: Male

dosage: 40mg/day

weight: 165lb

My acne is worst under my mouth, chin, sides of chin, and jawline. Oiliness is severe on forehead, between eyebrows, nose/sides of nose. I'm going to be going through this same process as you guys for the next few months, so I figured i'd join in. To my knowledge, zero side effects so far.

I have, however, broken out pretty bad in the last few days. Mostly chin and jawline. Jawline is always rough because they are the largest ones, the ones that sound like your skin is cracking when you pop them. The ones on the chin aren't cool either because everyone sees them (whereas facial hair semi-conceals jawline)

My advice so far is this: Stop thinking about how you are undergoing this life-changing process. That headache you got, may have been from stress. That itchy scalp, may have just been a random itchy scalp. I've tried every topical retinoid under the damn sun and the good thing about accutane is that you can pop a pill once a day and that's it. Other than that, you can live your life as you did before. Having to shave every night and apply a layer of moisturizer, followed by a perfected layer of a retinoid, and then the same process every morning with azealic acid, is exhausting after only a week. So forget you're even on accutane, forget that theres 'supposed' to be shitty side effects, and just deal with things as they come, as if they were going to come anyway. It's extremely hard advice to accept and accomplish, but it really will make things easier.

Hi,

What fabulous advice! We really need to syop thinking so much about it. It does end up taking over and as you rightly say, it really does not need to.

My breakouts are simillar to yours, forehead is not too bad.

I'm looking forward to seeing some progress, hope you clear up soon.

What are you cleansing with?

Emma.

Hey there! Just stopped by to say hi, and to congratulate you all not only on the journey you all are taking but to thank you for creating such an informative thread on Accutane! You can read about Accutane and its side effects but there's no replacement for first hand accounts. Reading about all your combined experiences as they unfold and seeing their similarities and differences has been very interesting and informative. It's also wonderful seeing you all supporting one another, and keeping a great attitude and sense of humor through the process...Well Done!!

Question: do you know if Accutane can be taken along with other medications?? My son is on medication which he needs so I'm guessing he wouldn't be a good candidate. We're treating his skin with topicals. He doesn't have cysts yet thank goodness but thinking about down the road. Praying he didn't inherit my skin!

Best of luck to you all!!! xo

Thanks for your post!

I quite agree, first hand accounts make better reading! Saying that, a lot of people who have had bad side effects to vovalise that it should not be taken but everyone reacts different and I think we all reach the point with acne where we would do anything to rid it!

I know accutane can't be taken with certian antibiotics used primarily for acne such as minocycline. I know my derm was pleased that i had not taken minocycline for 6 month before starting roaccutane. I think the best thing to do is get an appointment with dermatolgist, they will know what medications will interact with roaccutane.

Any more questions give me a shout.

Emma.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/16/2014 8:35 am

Hi Emma,
I am from the UK indeed. When is your next appointment? private or NHS?
yes i am a firm believer in not irritating the skin, so no scrubs or face cloths. also don't tone - i'd even say don't use supps either, just let accutane do its thing. I cannot stress enough how fragile the skin is on this drug! i mean a plaster took the outer layer of skin off me!
Reason being, the liver has to process everything so that means the accutane and supplements, furthermore you don't truly know if they help or have interactions with the accutane. The body is a complicated thing as you know. So honestly I'd say get a good gentle cleanser and moisturiser that work for you and stick with those two things. sit back and go with it.
one thing i'd like to know from anyone thats been on accutane who may be able to answer this:
have you ever had a trapped pore/ black head on your forehead that became inflamed and that you didn't squeeze out... when it came up did it go back down? did it re-appear? I've got one on my forehead and its very red, it showed a white head yesterday and went down after a shower... I worry that the trapped matter is still under the skin and that it will still be there.. unless I squeeze it out.. which i really dont want to do based on the other red marks I have from doing so whilst on accutane.
J
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:02 am

Accutane or no Accutane, you'd do best to leave it alone. Never a good idea to force a zit before it's ready. Some clogs stay under the skin, get inflamed again and eventually resolve themselves when they come to a head and you can expel the clog, others do go away on their own if you do nothing. No rhyme or reason to it, I'm afraid.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:27 am

Thanks for the info, Emma! And best of luck on your Roaccutane journey...the road to clear skin can be a bumpy one and you may make some wrong turns on the way but just keep your goal of clear skin always on the horizon and you'll get there...Don't ever give up!! :)

-hugs-

Debra

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/16/2014 11:45 am

Accutane or no Accutane, you'd do best to leave it alone. Never a good idea to force a zit before it's ready. Some clogs stay under the skin, get inflamed again and eventually resolve themselves when they come to a head and you can expel the clog, others do go away on their own if you do nothing. No rhyme or reason to it, I'm afraid.

seems like a bit of a contradiction there! > you're saying some stay under the skin (forever?) some inflame and eventually resolve themselves, or when they come to a head you can expel the clog... i.e squeeze?

basically i left this one alone and the white tip came out or went down during a warm shower. I was tempted to expel the content of this one, but just thought i'd leave it for once so not to cause a scar (indentation) etc.

i'm wondering what to do if by the time i have been through Accutane that they may still be holding on...

it does seem as though they are coming out here and there one by one. i'd say over the past week or so about 4-5 have come out! requiring a rub or just a gentle scratch before it eases out..

still have a cluster of them on my forehead though. I hope they resolve themselves,....

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/16/2014 12:39 pm

OMG I hate the word squeeze!!...That word is so my mom lol ("Don't squeeze!") eusa_naughty.gif I can still hear her lol

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/17/2014 4:17 am

seems like a bit of a contradiction there! > you're saying some stay under the skin (forever?) some inflame and eventually resolve themselves, or when they come to a head you can expel the clog... i.e squeeze?

basically i left this one alone and the white tip came out or went down during a warm shower. I was tempted to expel the content of this one, but just thought i'd leave it for once so not to cause a scar (indentation) etc.

i'm wondering what to do if by the time i have been through Accutane that they may still be holding on...

it does seem as though they are coming out here and there one by one. i'd say over the past week or so about 4-5 have come out! requiring a rub or just a gentle scratch before it eases out..

still have a cluster of them on my forehead though. I hope they resolve themselves,....

Hi J,

In reply to a few to a few posts, i'm NHS, by GP is great and I got to see a derm within four weeks of referral being done. My gp was shocked by the photos of my skin.

I have lots trapped under skin and use tea tree or sudocrem depending on the dryness of my skin as tea tree dries it out.

If they still trapped after course ends i would suggets asking for eurythromycin antibiotic or topical Zineryt. You may be aware of these already.

Regarding squeezing, I use to force mine to the surface. Not anymore lol. I use a warm flannel and palce it on my face to encourage the head and gently apply pressure only when there is a visible head. My heads are more green tbh. The juice that comes out looks luminous green!

How long 'till you stop treatment??

Emma.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/17/2014 4:32 am

Hi J,

In reply to a few to a few posts, i'm NHS, by GP is great and I got to see a derm within four weeks of referral being done. My gp was shocked by the photos of my skin.

I have lots trapped under skin and use tea tree or sudocrem depending on the dryness of my skin as tea tree dries it out.

If they still trapped after course ends i would suggets asking for eurythromycin antibiotic or topical Zineryt. You may be aware of these already.

Regarding squeezing, I use to force mine to the surface. Not anymore lol. I use a warm flannel and palce it on my face to encourage the head and gently apply pressure only when there is a visible head. My heads are more green tbh. The juice that comes out looks luminous green!

Emma.

thats great! it took me 3 months to see a derm, which before hand i used differin and it was the worst experience of my life. still have a scar or two from using it. sudocrem deals with the under the skin ones for you does it? i haven't heard of Zineryt, and i'd never take any antibiotics for skin again. they screw your gut flora up far too much.

yeah no forcing allowed - the trapped one I had came out with such ease this morning, perhaps he red bump will die down now.

green! wow! thats insane! i have never heard of that before! i have been advised to go until the end of Jan and to see how the land lies. sticking to a low dose of 20mg!

how about you?

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/17/2014 5:08 am

Hi J,

Emma.

thats great! it took me 3 months to see a derm, which before hand i used differin and it was the worst experience of my life. still have a scar or two from using it. sudocrem deals with the under the skin ones for you does it? i haven't heard of Zineryt, and i'd never take any antibiotics for skin again. they screw your gut flora up far too much.

yeah no forcing allowed - the trapped one I had came out with such ease this morning, perhaps he red bump will die down now.

green! wow! thats insane! i have never heard of that before! i have been advised to go until the end of Jan and to see how the land lies. sticking to a low dose of 20mg!

how about you?

Mine get infected for some reason, hence the green colour.

Not sure what the sudocrem does, it contains zinc, it does shrink them slightly.

I'm on 20mg every other day, i image we may go for every day as i'm not suffering too much.

i'm just about to upload my weekly photos, have a look and see what you think.

Emma.