Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Is Finally Clear. You Only Need A Low Dose Of Accutane!

MemberMember
(@adi5678)

Posted : 11/07/2017 4:58 am

Hey thanks for posting this. Actually this has help me a lot to answer my never ending questions. I was on accutane 3-4 years ago on 20mg for 5 months. Honestly, accutane did wonders for me and I have been dealing with clear skin till last month until I started getting mild acne. It seems 1/3 accutane patients overlap and have to go for second course guess what unluckyly, I fall under that 1% :P nevertheless, I went to see a dermatologist and I explained about my acne and accutane history, to which he prescribed me a lower dosage of accutane 10mg for a month with retinol cream and a skin whitening cream which has aqua and smaller % of BHA. After a month, it did help me to calm down those small mild (whiteheads and blackheads mostly) but I started getting Initial breakouts mostly on my jaw lines and on side of the cheeks with one bump/day, sometimes 2/day. It™s annoying cause when one bump starts to calm down then I™ll find that there™s another one somewhere else. After a second visit , gave me another same 10mg dosage for 2 more months.  I just wanted to know whether 10mg is too low for me? And if it is okay to use retinol cream I™m accutane. 

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 06/17/2018 9:34 pm

@crab76are you still lurking these boards?

MemberMember
(@jayjay91)

Posted : 09/21/2019 2:14 am

Hi crab76,

Are you a male or female?

Are you taking 20mg per week for life? How long should i stop taking the low dose before getting pregnant? Hope you're still on this forum.

Thanks.