Notifications
Clear all

Came Of Antibiotics, Scared About Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:21 pm

Hi, I start taking antibiotics quite awhile ago to help me with my skin obviously, I had quite bad spots, but I would have to say that my acne was never really absolutely horrendous, it was quite minor. Mainly I believe my acne was worse because of my skin routine. Anyway, I have a very good skin routine now and my skin has been a lot better, the scars are taking awhile to fade, but they are very faint, and I never really get any bad spots anymore, so I thought I should stop taking the antibiotics, on top of that they were messing up my body, my digestion system has gone to hell, and I was getting a strange rash type on my legs that got progressively worse so I decided I had to stop taking them.

Now I am really scared that my skin is just going to go back to how it use to be, where I'd get mad spots like all the time, and I really don't know if I can deal with that again.. my skin is so nice and I can deal with it lately, but I absolutely can't take them anymore. I was mostly scared about it because today quite an angry spot came through, ( not painful ) but doesn't look like a great sign..not to mention I am doing a detox, I thought it would be a good idea to do right after I came off them to flush everything out..

Anyway. you know what my fear is. I just pray to god my spots do not come back.. do you have any advice or experience to help me, I don't know what my options are if they do come back, literally nothing else I could do..

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/09/2013 5:41 pm

How long were you on antibiotics?

It is crazy how US and UK doctors prescribe antibiotics like they are candy...

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 05/10/2013 4:42 am

Um quite awhile, I think since sometime last year, so maybe like 5 months or more? Not entirely sure, I was taken off them on and off quite a lot because I seemed to have reactions to almost all of them.

also thought i'd mention that I am taking probiotics now that i've stopped them, hopefully it will help.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 05/11/2013 4:47 am

bumping?

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:02 pm

I don't really have advice, but I'm in the same position. I've been on minocycline for just over six months. I started reducing my dosage and already I've been breaking out.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 05/13/2013 1:24 pm

Yeah, I have been breaking out as well. I suppose it is controllable, since my skin was in good condition when I stopped the antibiotics. However I am really hoping I stop breaking out soon. Unsure on what my options are now..