Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline Resistance

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 05/10/2013 12:55 am

i've been on minocycle for around a year now. Acne has improved dramatically whilst on it. I've been taking probiotics and i have experienced no side effects. I'm aware that you can be resistant to antibiotics but i've read on the forum that people have been taking it for years and years. If you have every been on mino, would be great if you could let me know how long it took to stop working, or if it is still working for you.

cheers

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/10/2013 1:02 am

i've been on minocycle for around a year now. Acne has improved dramatically whilst on it. I've been taking probiotics and i have experienced no side effects. I'm aware that you can be resistant to antibiotics but i've read on the forum that people have been taking it for years and years. If you have every been on mino, would be great if you could let me know how long it took to stop working, or if it is still working for you.

cheers

I took mino for about 3 months and it cleared me completely! After 10 months the acne started coming back. I started it up again but the acne wasn't going away as fast as it did the first time so my dosage was doubled. I got clear again for less than 3 months before the acne came back. Didn't work for me long term at all.

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 05/10/2013 1:43 am

cheers

I took mino for about 3 months and it cleared me completely! After 10 months the acne started coming back. I started it up again but the acne wasn't going away as fast as it did the first time so my dosage was doubled. I got clear again for less than 3 months before the acne came back. Didn't work for me long term at all.

cheers, thanks for the feedback