Notifications
Clear all

Not Sure About New Rx...need Feedback Fast.

MemberMember
(@shannanigunz)

Posted : 05/09/2013 12:32 pm

I am going to my dermatologist tomorrow after using Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion for a few months with no success. I want a product that will not purge my skin as the Clindamycin has. I NEED to get rid of these bumps before I go camping in 2 months.

My skin tone (though uneven to begin with) seems to be worse than ever before as well. I look like a heroin addict.

My confidence is in the gutter. I'm in tears.

I have lots of small bumps all along my jaw and cheeks now since using Clindamycin. I want to stay away from topical antibiotics regardless, because I know eventually they all stop working.

I suffer from mild-moderate adult acne. I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen BCPs to regulate my hormones. My acne did not occur until last year (I am 25).

I feel that my skin has been purging for a while from the Clindamycin, so I am hoping to experience little/no purging with new product.

What's a good topical RX treatment that works relatively fast with minimal purging?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:22 pm

If your acne is hormonal you should ask for spiro it is a pill but it works wonders for hormonal acne and has little to no side effects. Also they had released a topical spiro you could ask for as well. Spiro stops new ance for coming so you will still need something topical to get rid of the remaining acne. I use witch hazel as a spot treatment or even as a astringent and it works wonders. Really consider spiro though. It been a god send

MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 05/09/2013 8:59 pm

why don't you try a more natural root?

Aloe vera gel and coconut oil for your skin. It won't clog your pores.

Antibiotics will do bad stuff to your skin because it destroys all the intestinal micro flora which maintain a healthy immune system.