Notifications
Clear all

Negative Accutane Experiences

MemberMember
(@goraiders)

Posted : 02/14/2013 11:55 pm

Just finished five months at 80mg a day. Have to say I am pretty pissed. I started with mild yet consistent acne, on my face. Now that I'm done, I can definitely say that accutane made my skin so much worse than before I started. The initial breakout was so horrible and lasted until halfway through month four. It left my entire back, neck, chest, and face covered in red marks. On top of this, I still am getting new cysts on my back!!! I've never had a cyst before taking accutane. Overall a waste of 5 months of my life.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/16/2013 8:25 pm

Anyone that is suffering after taking this drug-

Accutane is toxic to our bodies in so many ways, please sign this petition to bring attention to withdraw this drug from sale and initiate research and hopefully a cure to our side effects some day-

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-roche-pharmaceuticals-give-us-the-truth-about-accutane

MemberMember
(@xstephh17x)

Posted : 02/22/2013 1:34 am

I was on Claravis 60mg & 40mg almost 2 years ago for 8 months. It's a hit and miss for me. I had super dry skin & lips, weak nails, back and joint pain, depression & very dry eyes (which eventually led to me wearing glasses because my eye sight got bad). It did clear out my skin and now I still get breakouts but not as bad. The consequence after 2 years sucks though because I still have back pain, dry lips and eyes and I can't focus as well anymore.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/23/2013 8:15 pm

I'm 2 weeks into month 4 and I'm still breaking out.

I'm still getting white heads and recently started to get blackheads which I never got before I took accutane.

My face is covered in red marks, and my face just looks a LOT worse.. I'm also feeling VERY depressed which u have fine through your my course, i think taking accutane might have been my worse decision yet.. I'm feeling more paranoid than ever about my face + carnt even look people in the eye and I hate looking in the mirror :\

Also when I wash my face it always always makes my face look worse. Iv got every single cleanser + moisurizer there is and everything makes it look worse and red, when I don't wash or put anything on my face it looks slightly better but then it's covered in dry skin

I'm 2 weeks into month 4 and I'm still breaking out.

I'm still getting white heads and recently started to get blackheads which I never got before I took accutane.

My face is covered in red marks, and my face just looks a LOT worse.. I'm also feeling VERY depressed which u have fine through your my course, i think taking accutane might have been my worse decision yet.. I'm feeling more paranoid than ever about my face + carnt even look people in the eye and I hate looking in the mirror :\

Also when I wash my face it always always makes my face look worse. Iv got every single cleanser + moisurizer there is and everything makes it look worse and red, when I don't wash or put anything on my face it looks slightly better but then it's covered in dry skin

Try washing your face with spring water (bottled), not tap water as that might be aggravating your condition. Your skin will feel a lot smoother and less irritated.

MemberMember
(@artislife)

Posted : 04/06/2013 12:56 am

Anyone that is suffering after taking this drug-

Accutane is toxic to our bodies in so many ways, please sign this petition to bring attention to withdraw this drug from sale and initiate research and hopefully a cure to our side effects some day-

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-roche-pharmaceuticals-give-us-the-truth-about-accutane

SIGNED!!!