Aczone

MemberMember
(@jessnic09)

Posted : 02/24/2009 8:22 pm

I've been looking for info on the results people have had with Aczone. Havent had much luck so far. So, has anyone tried this? I know my derm. said it was kind of new. Would love to hear of anyones experiences with it, I am desperate for it to work! Wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@whodis)

Posted : 02/25/2009 9:23 pm

worked for me for about 2 weeks but that could have been coincidental. APparently it worked great for one kid on here.

MemberMember
(@rm85love)

Posted : 02/26/2009 12:15 am

well ive been usin it about 4 days now and have noticed redness and inflammation down! its pretty good stuff. Great for inflammatory so i heard.

I use with Epiduo and 150mg dorxy

MemberMember
(@jessnic09)

Posted : 02/27/2009 12:05 pm

Thanks for replying. Finished my first full week today and havent saw a big difference just yet....Wait and see I suppose.

MemberMember
(@thatsthewayitis)

Posted : 03/18/2009 8:07 pm

I really really hope it works for you...but I have been using it every morning, in conjunction with Tazorac at night and a double dose of some acne antibiotic for two months, and, well, I haven't seen much improvement. My dermatologist said I'm a good candidate for Accutane, so maybe that means my acne is too severe for Aczone?

MemberMember
(@jessnic09)

Posted : 03/18/2009 8:48 pm

Thanks, good luck to you as well. I've been using Sastid bar for a cleanser and the Aczone morning & night. My original plan was Sas cleanser, clindamycin and bactrim (morning) then Sas + Aczone @ night. I ended up having a really bad allergic reaction to either the clinda or bactrim so I stopped those. Currently awaiting my next derm appt. The aczone doesn't seem to be working for me, it's been maybe 3 weeks now. It seems I have more cysts although smaller ones are slowly fading..As for accutane, I did a 3 month course last year before getting really sick for 3 days. My face did clear but I never get sick...so I freaked and stopped my pills. However now I'm regretting it horribly and thinking of talking to my derm about it once more. Oh....the things one will do for clear skin

MemberMember
(@alanam87)

Posted : 03/20/2009 9:23 am

I know with a lot of topical medications, acne will get worse before it gets better. Does anyone know how long that "worse" period lasts? I've been on Aczone for exactly a week today and my face is definitely worse. I'm just curious how long I'll have to wait before things improve.

MemberMember
(@queensbaby)

Posted : 04/15/2009 1:43 pm

I really really hope it works for you...but I have been using it every morning, in conjunction with Tazorac at night and a double dose of some acne antibiotic for two months, and, well, I haven't seen much improvement. My dermatologist said I'm a good candidate for Accutane, so maybe that means my acne is too severe for Aczone?

I'm on the same regimen and I'm taking minocycline (see my signature). So far, I'm getting much less frequent pimples. I like Aczone but geeze that tube only lasts a month while my Taz is far from finished. I don't get redness anymore since I've been using OCM and wow - I wish I knew about it sooner.

MemberMember
(@frankie1)

Posted : 04/15/2009 1:46 pm

im going to see derm and ask him to presribe it to me.

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 04/15/2009 9:34 pm

can you use this in the morning?

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 04/16/2009 3:50 pm

You are supposed to use it in the morning and night. Iv been on it for about 1 month now. Its been OKAY so far. Definitely an improvement. I have to go right now but ill post pics later on.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 04/16/2009 3:55 pm

Ive been using it for a few weeks now. I like it so far. My face is red but not as red before and the amount of pimples Im getting has been cut in half

MemberMember
(@tiffanyhr)

Posted : 04/27/2009 3:04 pm

I was on Aczone for 8 weeks. It was a miracle at first, then half way into it(about 6 wks actually) I noticed lots of bumps coming all over. The aczone keeps things from flaming up but it's almost like it doesn't keep stuff from forming. So back to the derm I went.

Also, I read on the Aczone site that it works for some, not all and also they have had a better response in women. Although I hear all these dudes on here liking it.

I am now on Doryx (Week 3, not really an improvement) and starting my benzaclin again (has always worked for me- taking about ten weeks total for perfection)I am on week 3 of benzaclin, just starting to show signs of clearing.

( I get cystic acne around my mouth and they start as little white squiggly bumps)

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 04/27/2009 3:36 pm

It should work best for people with mild/moderate inflammatory acne.

If you have comedonal or cystic acne, it's probably not the best choice ..... although it could work well in tandem with a topical retinoid.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 04/27/2009 3:42 pm

I am gonna show you a pic of my face when I first started aczone and my face today :) There really is a dramatic difference Hold on

Before

Today

Of course I still have redmarks but look at the incredible difference in the amount of breakouts I have

MemberMember
(@ali4187)

Posted : 06/03/2009 7:31 pm

I just stared using Aczone 1 week ago and am REALLY REALLY happy! Like others have said within the first few days I was able to see results. I was prescribed this medication after being unhappy with differin .3 and Duac. My dermo took me off of the Duac and now I put Aczone on in the morning and at night. Then at night I also put a moisturizer and differin on top of the Aczone. This is the first drug that I have been satisfied with and plan on continuing to refill the prescription as long as i see continue to see results. I wish I would have tried this medication earlier.

I noticed NO side effects that other medicines have given me. In general I have oily skin with mild acne which I think is what this medicine is intended for.

MemberMember
(@giggles6072)

Posted : 06/04/2009 3:08 pm

I tried Aczone for 3 weeks and my skin was just a nightmare. Prior to that I did Epiduo Gel for 2 weeks and all the topicals just made my skin HORRID. Once I stopped my skin calmed a bit but was still consistently breaking out in the under skin acne so now I have been on Spiro for a week and already getting better. Thank the LORD above!!!!!

Jennifer

MemberMember
(@kaymac)

Posted : 08/05/2009 1:00 pm

I recently went to my derm and he prescribed for me three medications. Doryx, Differin, and Aczone. I've only been on the three for about a week and it seems to be lessening the inflammation on my face. However, he told me to only apply the Aczone in small amounts on trouble areas, but I've found that applying it to the whole face seems to work. I'm not sure which of the three medications is carrying the brunt of the work, but my acne has turned from severe to moderate in just a week. I am very impressed and I would recommend any of these three medications to people with moderate to severe acne.

Aczone: Gel, 5%

Differin: Gel, 0.1%

Doryx: 150 mg Tablet

MemberMember
(@beachbum789)

Posted : 08/05/2009 3:07 pm

Hey everyone. I've been using Aczone for awhile now but I'm very lazy about it and usually do it for maybe a week and then stop for a long time and try to start up again. I am now deciding to keep it up since the doctor says after 12 weeks my skin should be totally improved. I was wondering though if when I apply the medication, am I supposed to rub it in all the way or just apply it quickly. If I rub it in all the way, little balls form that will just wipe away and I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or if I'm rubbing it in wayyy to hard?

Any help would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@ignign0kt)

Posted : 08/23/2009 10:50 am

I was on BP and Tretinoin for years, and I HATE myself for switching to Aczone. I was uninformed and uneducated about acne at this time. After 3 months of Aczone my face looked awful. Now I'm back on BP & Tretinoin and I'm already seeing big improvements after 1 month.

I regret ever wanting to try to new prescription.

MemberMember
(@beachbum789)

Posted : 08/23/2009 12:40 pm

So I've been using Aczone for three weeks and after one week it seemed to be making my skin a lot better nut now it's just the same. not worse, just the same. I guess I'll just keep doing it. I apply it twice a day in the morning and at night. I use a Prascion face wash as well. hopefully after a while I will see some good changes.

MemberMember
(@angelkat007)

Posted : 08/24/2009 9:00 pm

Hey I signed up for this message board to tell everyone my experience with aczone. I've had acne since I was 14 or so (23 now), mostly around my chin and jawline. I've tried a bunch of stuff, differin and BP worked for quite a while but then I started to get really bad cystic acne that was scarring. A few months ago I was prescribed aczone. For me it immediately (like overnight) helped with redness and inflammation. When I woke up my skin would look much better but as the day went on it would get worse again. However, after a month or so of using aczone my skin is clear of all cystic acne!!! The only thing I have now is clogged pores (I dunno what you'd call them, they are bumps but not at all inflamed or infected feeling). I would HIGHLY recommend trying this and sticking with it. I use it several times a day (I know you're not supposed to but I do anyways). I wash my face with cetaphil in the morning, apply aczone. After I go to the gym midmorning I wash my face again in the shower, reapply aczone, follow it with aveeno positively radiant moisturizer, and almay foundation. At night I wash my face again and apply aczone. I apply it rather liberally all over. Does anyone have any suggestions for the clogged pores? I'm going to try getting a chemical peel every few weeks... I dunno...

Good luck everyone!

MemberMember
(@someday-clear)

Posted : 09/03/2009 10:44 am

I tried Aczone for 3 weeks and my skin was just a nightmare. Prior to that I did Epiduo Gel for 2 weeks and all the topicals just made my skin HORRID. Once I stopped my skin calmed a bit but was still consistently breaking out in the under skin acne so now I have been on Spiro for a week and already getting better. Thank the LORD above!!!!!

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I tried aczone for about 2 & 1/2 weeks. It made me break out terribly. It made my skin extremely sensitive and sore. I slept with ice packs on the effected areas because it hurt so badly. I have developed severe acne. I have about 50+ zits. They're around the corners of my mouth and under my cheek bone. I was also using retin a. I stopped using aczone and once in awhile use retin a. I have started taking the full dose of minocycline. 100 mg a day. I'm hoping and praying it will help. However I think just going back to my old regimen would do a lot of good. I use to use the MD FORTE products with benz clin topical. However it was drying out my mucos areas including my nose, eyes, and mouth. However I would much rather be dealing with that this. At the moment I'm using Jane Irredale Green Tea Extract Disappear cover up so people won't stare so much at me when I'm out in public. However I've wondered if these mineral makeups are irritating to my skin.

Chin Up,

Someday Clear

MemberMember
(@acnesux31)

Posted : 10/24/2009 10:17 pm

I've been using Aczone for almost 3 months. It's like that person on here said, it doesn't really stop the pimples from forming in the first place. It made a 5-8% difference for me. When I get insurance again, I will finally do accutane. I have done everything, Aczone was the last thing that I haven't tried. So far, I don't care for it. I have moderate to severe acne.

MemberMember
(@gxm1)

Posted : 02/08/2010 6:50 pm

i've tried aczone on my face along with doryx 150 mg. though i was on and off doryx and used aczone as more of a spot treatment, my acne has seem to be getting better. the downside of aczone is the size of the bottle, it's so small and runs out fast! i haven't really received any side effects using aczone and i was told i could wear it under make-up. i want to get another prescription for it.