How long have you h...

Notifications
Clear all

How long have you had acne

MemberMember
(@jamesr83)

Posted : 10/25/2020 7:44 pm

I had acne first around age 16or so. Really struggled. Face and also body.

Eventually I took Accutane for 2 courses. It cleared the acne but also left me with permanent side effects. And after about a year, it came back in a milder form.

This time, I tried diet changes. Cutting sugar, wheat, and diary. I'm now 37 and have mostly been clear but I get a pimple here and there. And if I eat too much of those foods I also get pimples come up

Most facial products break me out. It's taken ages to find things that don't.

Overall I guess my skin is sensitive and always will be but I'm ok with where I am now. mostly clear face.

One thing that remained most of my life was pimples on my butt, they'd come and go but I'd almost never have a completely clear looking butt (old ones forming scars, or new bumps forming). I hid my butt, even not wanting my partner to really see

It got really bad after I had some stressful stuff happen in my life.. I was getting painful boils there, and it was on my thighs and lower abdomen too. The despair and depression that came took me back to how I felt when I was a teen struggling with facial acne. After just over a year of struggling and trying literally everything I could, I found some solutions that worked for me and blogged about it [Edited link out]

Now I wanted to share some of that because if it helps a few other people, it's worth my time.

Acne sucks! but never give up. We're all different but I honestly believe there is a solution for everyone. It can just take a while to find it....