Explain this Myster...

Notifications
Clear all

Explain this Mystery to me......shaving & ingrown hairs??

MemberMember
(@imq707s)

Posted : 10/14/2008 9:53 pm

Ok, let me start off by giving you a little background info. I'm a 30yr old male, I eat healthy, stay fit, and have a pretty clear completion overall. My problem is the several ingrown hairs I get after shaving ...on my neck, under my chin, on my upper lip, on the side of my face. Usually 6-10 little white bumps that develop a day or so after I shave. I only shave about every 2-3 day because it seems less irritation to my face. I have tried shaving with a plain razor....but an electric razor seems to be much less irritation to my skin.

Now I understand what causes ingrown hairs, and I know why shaving causes them.....but here is what is baffling me.........if I shave in the morning as soon as I wake up, I usually don't have any ingrown hairs..NONE. I just get up, and shave.

If I wash my face in the morning before I shave....I get them all over.

If I shave in the afternoon.....I get them all over.

If I shave at night.......I get them all over.

Even if I am very careful and don't use a lot or pressure, and wash my face before and afterwards.......unless I shave when I first get up in the morning....I always get several ingrown hairs a day or so after I shave.

The only time I can shave and not be covered in little white bumps from ingrown hairs a day later is if I shave as soon as I wake up in the morning.

Why?????

MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 01/29/2009 11:21 am

I use a Norleco 7110X shaver as well, take off the head, and remove the lifts from the cutters. Go to KosherShavers.org for a full explanation.

MemberMember
(@ford2m)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:46 pm

Skin Biology Lacsal Serum (Dissolves protein of folliculitis and ingrown hairs)
After going through Menopause and for at least five years, I have had folliculitis and stiff, ingrown hairs on my upper lip area. Skin Biology Lacsal Serum has completely dissolved the folliculitis, so the hairs are exposed! Previously I have had laser, taken Progesterone, Estrogen, topical Progesterone Cream, Spironolactone, Metformin, Clindamyacin Gel applied topically and also Clindamyacin and Doxycycline antibiotics taken internally, Benzoyl Peroxide, and numerous other topical treatments.
Quite by accident, I found mention on [Removed] of Lacsal Serum and that it could help dissolve the proteins of folliculitis. Within two days, my folliculitis was being dissolved, and I am now getting electrolysis to permanently eradicate this nightmare I have been experiencing.