Notifications
Clear all

First Time Using Isotretinoin(80Mg/day)17 Y/o Male Mild Acne Log

MemberMember
(@tcoun)

Posted : 10/31/2015 2:16 am

October 31,2015 (Day...I don't know...): I know it's been a while, I've been super busy with school... I've been free of acne for two weeks now (but before that, I broke out kind of bad). I still continue to use Benzoyl Peroxide face wash, Salicylic Acid face wash. Retin-A cream, and lots and lots of face lotion. The Retin-A really dried my skin out again, but it helped control my breakouts, so I'm ok with it! I'm loving my acne free skin (although I do get a pimple once in a while here and there)!I just need to get rid of these marks now.

MemberMember
(@tcoun)

Posted : 12/21/2015 5:42 am

December 21,2015 (Day 130): Hey guys, hope everyone's having a merry Christmas. I've been meaning to update you all, but I keep forgetting. I've been clear for about two months now, but I still have a few acne marks that will hopefully clear up. I still use tretinoin 0.1% cream and I wash my face dailydaily with Benzoyl peroxide 5% and salicylicacid 2% face wash. My skin is once again oily, but NOWHERE near as bad as it used to be. It's easy enough to just dab my forehead with a paper towel. The only lingering side effect from the accutane is crazy dry lips that can barely be remedied with beeswax lip balm. Also, my lips and arms still peel a lot, but I use Ammonium Lactate lotion which helps it. Back in November, I broke out with about one pimple every week or so, but I began to take Vitamin A 30,000 IU daily and I completely cleared up again. I probably won't be updating my log anymore, but who knows, I may come back if I break out badly in the future (God forbid). Good luck to you all!

MemberMember
(@tcoun)

Posted : 01/10/2016 10:41 pm

January 10, 2015: IM BALDING. At the crown of my head, I am losing hair and I have a bald spot the size of a quarter!!! I'm totally freaking out. I need to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist to let him know...as for my acne, I'm still all clear and my marks are about 90% gone

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/22/2016 10:12 pm

On 1/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, Tcoun said:

January 10, 2015: IM BALDING. At the crown of my head, I am losing hair and I have a bald spot the size of a quarter!!! I'm totally freaking out. I need to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist to let him know...as for my acne, I'm still all clear and my marks are about 90% gone

Update? Is the hair situation under control now?