Notifications
Clear all

25 Y/o Male 2Nd Course Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/12/2015 10:22 pm

This is going to be my 2nd time on accutane. First time was 2 years ago. First time went real well no IB just the normal breakout outs i was getting but nothing crazy like ive seen on some people. My acne was severe so i had bad scarring .i did 5 derma pen session . Scar improve about 60-70%. Was really worth it. Unfortunantly my acne came back but its not as bad as before . now im doing another course so heres going to be my log. P.s acne are around mouth and chin area only .moderate but very deep red painful onces.

Starting at 20mg

Day 1-10

Nothing change wasnt sure if the dose was strong enough lips was barely dry maybe because i drink 1 gallon of water a day. No active acne just red marks left over a few weeks ago from a bad breakout i had outta no where before accutane.

Day 11

Started to get 3-4 average size painless whiteheads around my mouth where the red marks were from my lastbreakout. I never get whiteheads unless i drink heavy. I guess the accutane is purging my skin or you can say im having a small IB.

Day 12

Lips are getting dryer. Pores are noticeably smaller on cheek area. White heads from yesterday are gone but they left redder marks on the marks i already had

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/14/2015 10:24 am

Day 13-14

Still breaking out with whiteheads. Mouth feels dry when i wake up. Acne are not as red and inflame like it was before accutane. They seem to heal quicker as well. going to ask the doc for some keflex since thats the only antibiotic i havnt tried and isnt immune to. Hopefully it cancalm down the IB.

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/15/2015 6:39 pm

Day 15

Took some keflex yesterday not sure if its working yet .My IB has been getting pretty fucking bad. I went from a mild to almost severe around my mouth. Have about 10 active whiteheads that are pretty big and pustule. Looks like imma be fk for for a while. First time i took accutane i never brokeout like this.

MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 08/15/2015 11:27 pm

I'm on the same boat as you, 20mg/day and my IB started mildly at the end of week 1, but it came into full force at around the end of week 2. Im almost finished my first month and currently I have the worst acne I've ever had in my life. Im just hopping that it calms down after this break out. Not sure how my skin will react after I get bumped up to 40 mg

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/16/2015 12:53 pm

Day 16

Hey JDtane i feel your pain , almost done with 1 month and your still breaking out?? Sorry to hear that. You should ask your doc for bactrim or keflex to help calm the IB. The bactrim help me on my first course i had no Ib , but my body became resistant to it now. The keflex is calming my imflamtion i can see a little diffrence this is my 3rd day on it. But sadly im still breaking out since day 10. Up my does to 30 and my lips are very dry now and ive broken out more. Im going down to 20mg every other day to see what happens. Will keep you updated..

Oh and btw i just took a shower this morning and to my suprise i got no whiteheads pustules. I had like 10 yeaterday. Kefkex is def kicking in.

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/17/2015 1:54 pm

Day 17

The keflex might have stop the white heads but im breaking out in places i havnt broke out since highschool. Face is the worse its been since highschool. damn its hard looking in the mirror. Gonna give the keflex few more days planning to stop if my acne is not improving. Lowering my dose to 20g a day until i get my blood test result. i think my liver is not dojng so well this Ib is very bad.

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/21/2015 12:15 pm

Day 21

So i stop looking at myself in the mirror till today. As i shower and gently scrub my face i notice very little bumps on my skin and it dosnt feel rough or inflame anymore. I realize my IB is over ....lowering my dose back to 20mg a day and taking keflex has signicantly made a good impact on my skin. The pass few days i slept good and had no stress as well because i was fuckn sick and tired of worrying about my skin. I just stop giving a fuck and clear my mind by meditating. Not stressing and good sleeps really help my body work at 100%. My red marks that was on my skin for almost a month had dissappear somewhere in the 4 days i didnt look in the mirror. Shit i need to shave real bad and trim my nose hair ahaha.

To sum it up

No stress, good sleep, low dose , and keflex cleared my skin by up to 70% in 4 days. Oh and meditating up on the mountains was the key to not stressing.

Amazing!

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/31/2015 4:19 pm

Day 31

Started to use a face wash last week

Notice me face became more oily right after regardless of the accutane. Oily pores but flaky skin.Had alot of black heads around my nose but they all dissapear right after i use the facewash. Skin is feeling alot smoother. Only 1 small active pimple. The rest are marks that are slowly fading away. So far so good. Takes about 10 days to notice inprovement. Otherwise everyday is prettymuch the same since im use to seeing myself. Will update again in 10 days

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 09/09/2015 11:40 pm

Day 40

Lower dose to 10mg everyother day since i cant take the side effects really dry skin and chap lips . Bloody nose this morning.It seems the higher my dose the more i break out. Started braking out again and its pretty bad but not like before.Looks like im not gonna heal anytime soon. Todays my birthday and im alone . I dont feel to bad sometime its good to be alone. I believe everything happens for a reason . Maybe karma is just catching up to me . Its funny everytime im sad i feel more enlighten. I just wanna be a better person and better myself inside and out. I know one day it will get better

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 09/18/2015 12:21 pm

that's so sad luckyboy :( you sound like a very gentle, thoughtful person to me, you'll find people who appreciate you trust me xx

sending you birthday wishes <3