Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 04/06/2014 9:27 pm

any thoughts on garnier BB cream for accutane?? Im thinking of trying this after i finish my coverfx foundation....

please let me know if you've tried it! and should i get the oily/combo or the dry skin one?

Thanks everyone! :)

MemberMember
(@bordercol71)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:49 am

Hi there! I just read through your whole log and I want to tell you that I think you are so strong and that you can get through this! I am in my one month waiting period before I can start :( but I think you are doing amazingly well at keeping a good attitude through this. Just know that the accutane will work eventually and you will get through this!! I know what it feels like to think that everyone is staring at the acne instead of you. It's the worst! In terms of makeup I would get the one for dry/sensitive skin since that what you have while on accutane. I really love MAC pro long wear concealer. I use one or two pumps to cover my whole face. It's amazing at covering the horrible hyper pigmentation. Hang in there! You can do this! We are all in this together. :)

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:35 pm

hello! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely message! really put a smile on my face hehe.

awh that stinks that youre waiting for the accutane :( but once you start i know it will work great for you! my acne is starting to clear up...slowly...but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

and thanks for the advice!!! i agree about the HORRIBLE red marks....i heard it heals even slower on accutane! :( but its better than actual acne itself!

and yes i agree we're all in this together!!! :D i would love to hear your updates!!

Hi there! I just read through your whole log and I want to tell you that I think you are so strong and that you can get through this! I am in my one month waiting period before I can start but I think you are doing amazingly well at keeping a good attitude through this. Just know that the accutane will work eventually and you will get through this!! I know what it feels like to think that everyone is staring at the acne instead of you. It's the worst! In terms of makeup I would get the one for dry/sensitive skin since that what you have while on accutane. I really love MAC pro long wear concealer. I use one or two pumps to cover my whole face. It's amazing at covering the horrible hyper pigmentation. Hang in there! You can do this! We are all in this together.

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 04/18/2014 10:16 am

week 8 update!

cant believe im done 2 months! on to month three :)

im really happy with the results so far...im barely breaking out anymore! maybe one tiny pimple every other day?? which is pretty good compared to before...right now i have one small pimple active near my ear...everything else is healing!

im having some muscle pain and back pain these days however....i just feel sore all the time! it has to be the accutane cuz i havent been exercising whatsoever...

lips dry, hair dry and face dry but cetaphil cream is such a life savour...my face is perfectly normal with it!

i have A LOT of red marks and acne scars however....its really bad...i hope it goes away after the accutane...

but so far so good :)