Accutane Part 2

MemberMember
(@topbitch)

Posted : 02/19/2014 6:55 pm

Hello everyone! I'm about to start my 2nd course of accutane and I figured I might as well keep a log of my progress. I suppose I should start this off by saying I don't really need to take accutane again. Before my first course I had moderate to severe acne and definitely needed to take it, but the first course cleared me up nicely after being on it for roughly 6 months and for a while after finishing I didn't break out at all and everything was good. That was 2 years ago. Since then my acne has slowly creeped back, but I've always been able to keep it under control with a combination of old prescriptions and over the counter products. Right now I would honestly describe my breakouts as "light" (on a scale of light, moderate, and severe). Now you may be wondering why I'm going on accutane again, and how I even got a prescription for it. The reason I'm going on it again is because I'm lazy. I'm honestly no good at making sure to wash my face twice a day, and remembering to apply creams. I also start college in roughly 6 months and I want to make sure I never have to worry about acne again by that time. Getting the prescription was easy, I was breaking out as bad as I've gotten since my first course of accutane and I went to the dermatologist that day and told them that I wanted accutane again, and they gave it to me. Simple as that. They told me that they were putting me on "Absorbica" because it's supposed to be absorbed easier than other brands of accutane (or so they say), but my pharmacy ended up giving me "Myorisan" instead, but I'm assuming the pharmacist knows what they're doing, so I'm not worried. Plus it was free. Anyway, I'm taking the first pill tonight with dinner and I'll try and update this log fairly regularly.