Notifications
Clear all

Accutane-I Believe In You!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/02/2013 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone! I do have to say my pharmacy switched and gave me Myorisan instead of Amnesteem this month. It's slightly more annoying to open, but other than that I haven't noticed anything different. :) I will post some pics once I get them! It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm so impatient!!

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 04/13/2013 12:24 pm

Hi BMARIE..... Please update us. i hope all is well. I always check your post when I am here to see how you are doing.

MemberMember
(@readytolive)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:52 pm

would love to see some final pics I really admire your strength throughout this journey. I'm 10 days in my treatment and look to people like you for inspiration.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/19/2013 12:56 pm

Thank you. :) I will try and post some new pics this weekend :D everything is going well! I had a bit of a breakout when I switched brands for some reason, but it's all gone now. It did leave a few new red spots. My old ones are slowly fading though, which is good. I'm beginning to see I have some scarring when it comes to the texture of my face. I don't really know how you guys classify scarring, but they're minor pits? I don't really know... I'm just anxious to be done with this. I'm almost done with month 5, so hopefully only one more to go! :D

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 04/19/2013 3:56 pm

i'm clearing well aswell, in my month 5. ican see some smAll pitted scars aswell... sucks

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/23/2013 1:19 pm

Here's one of my senior pics. smile.png The one I really wanted to post was too big. bahumbug. Oh well. smile.png I'm really happy with how they turned out :D

post-188573-0-14531300-1366741092_thumb.

post-188573-0-14531300-1366741092_thumb.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/23/2013 1:34 pm

Oh, I wanted to post a picture of my skin now as well but don't have my camera. Soon though!

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/23/2013 1:58 pm

You look so pretty BMarie, I'm so happy for you x

How long do you have left on your course?

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 04/23/2013 3:18 pm

Love your pics they are absolutely gorgeous. What a pretty girl. I am soooooooo glad things are working for you. My son is 3 months and a few weeks along. Just a tad bit behind you. Thanks for updating us and posting the pics. I love it. :)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 04/23/2013 4:55 pm

WOW!! You look awesome! So glad you're kicking acne's ass successfully, keep us updated! :)

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:34 pm

Thank you!! I go in next week. I hopefully have one more month, but honestly I would be happy stopping now. And last month my cholesterol was higher than they'd like, so I'm not sure they'll put me on another month (it depends on how high it is this month). I've been on 40 mg for one month, and 80 mg for four months, so I've taken quite a lot. And I've had about 5 zits in the last couple of months, so I'm not too worried. I'm also going to work at a summer camp again, so I'm not very excited about being outside with my increased sun sensitivity.

MemberMember
(@annetossy)

Posted : 04/29/2013 2:00 pm

Looks awesome Bmarie!! Can't wait to see some more pictures!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 04/30/2013 1:50 pm

I took my last pill yesterday morning!! :D I still haven't gone back to the derm yet, I go in two days. However, even if she wants me to do another month (which I really doubt), I don't want to take anymore. So I'm done! What a relief, although I'm nervous my acne will come back. :(

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 05/02/2013 10:48 am

Well, I guess I'm not done yet after all. :( even though my cholesterol was at 231 she wants me to do another month (and possibly two!!). I kind of chickened out while at the doctor and didn't really tell her that I want to finish up. I'm going to work at a summer camp in less than three weeks so I'll be outside constantly. I really don't want to keep track of taking pills twice a day or deal with the sunsensitivity. I should have said something :(

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 1:39 pm

You can always call them and let them know your fears, especially about being outside. I saw a girl who got some pretty extreme sun blisters from being on a high dose. You can always lower yourself as well. Maybe just take once a day, they never know otherwise, they just look at your skin.

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 05/28/2013 11:41 am

Hi Marie, its been awhile since I posted. I am glad that you are doing so well. Sad to hear that they want you to do a few more months, but they probably want to make sure its totally gone. Do you know what your total amount is. My son is on 40 mg a day and is 4 1/2 months along. Things are finally looking better. It has been two weeks now since things have looked good. I am so happy. Im sure you remember days of me going up and down. He cant wait until hes off the meds also, but I wonder with him being on only 40 mg that he will have to take it much longer than you did. So I guess we will see. Keep posting and keeping us updated of your progress.

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 08/19/2013 11:10 am

Any updates?

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:39 pm

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been working at a summer camp for three months so I haven't been on in a while. I did a total of 7 months, one month at 40 mg daily and six months at 80 mg daily. I am completely back to normal now (it didn't take very long). My lips aren't dry, my skin isn't dry. Every once in a while I will have a slight back ache like when I was on the medicine, but not very often. Even my red marks are fading. :) I do have a bit of indentions on my cheeks, but it's a million times better than my acne. I've had maybe three tiny pimples since stopping Accutane, and I'm not oily at all. I would do it all again in a second. :D

User74659 liked
MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 11/02/2013 9:25 am

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been working at a summer camp for three months so I haven't been on in a while. I did a total of 7 months, one month at 40 mg daily and six months at 80 mg daily. I am completely back to normal now (it didn't take very long). My lips aren't dry, my skin isn't dry. Every once in a while I will have a slight back ache like when I was on the medicine, but not very often. Even my red marks are fading. smile.png I do have a bit of indentions on my cheeks, but it's a million times better than my acne. I've had maybe three tiny pimples since stopping Accutane, and I'm not oily at all. I would do it all again in a second. biggrin.png

Have you been using anything on your skin to prevent the acne from returning?

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 11/02/2013 12:43 pm

Nope, I haven't even been to my derm since finishing (although I think I was supposed to. Oops). On the little bitty pimples I do get, I'll put some salicylic acid (just the clean and clear brand) on them. I've figured out they're hormonal though, because I mainly get them during that time of the month. :/ other than that, I just wash, moisturize, and sunscreen. :)

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/13/2014 3:11 pm

Hey y'all! Long time no talk tongue.png Anyways, I thought you might like an update. I haven't been on here in months because my skin looks great! I am so thankful I went on Accutane. As a recap, I was on Accutane 40 mg for one month, and then 80 mg for 6ish months (I didn't really take any of the last month. Oops). That is, if I remember correctly. You can read over my blog if you want to know all the info. I removed a lot of the pictures to save space, so here's a reminder of what it looked like a year ago.

post-188573-0-84889900-1389643826.jpg

And this is now! Only moisturizer on my skin biggrin.png sorry the picture isn't the greatest quality. My webcam isn't very good. Oh well!

post-188573-0-70888700-1389643838.jpg

post-188573-0-84889900-1389643826.jpg

post-188573-0-70888700-1389643838.jpg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/14/2014 12:02 pm

wow your results are amazing!! it looks like you dont have any scars which is freaking awesome! so happy for you!! i bet you are so glad you did the accutane. thanks for sharing and good luck to you in everything you do in your life. now you dont have to worry about this acne thing anymore :)

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/14/2014 9:09 pm

Thanks! :) I do have some indentations on my cheeks, but they aren't that noticeable. I would say I would post a better quality pic so y'all can see, but realistically, it's not going to happen because I'm lazy. haha. But yeah! I don't worry about my skin at all anymore :D

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:53 am

Thanks! smile.png I do have some indentations on my cheeks, but they aren't that noticeable. I would say I would post a better quality pic so y'all can see, but realistically, it's not going to happen because I'm lazy. haha. But yeah! I don't worry about my skin at all anymore biggrin.png

well thats good and yeah i bet in time they will fill in a bit too! so glad to see a success story like this!