Notifications
Clear all

27/yo Male Started Accutane Today

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:44 pm

Wow you're doing great! I started on 20 mg last week and breaking out every day I hope I make your kind of progress, congrats!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:47 am

DAY 61

WOAH!!!! 2 months gone and I'm doing great. Time is running fast now. I'm loving everything. My skin is still clear. I had a very tiny little breakout twice during these 20 days but that was absolutely ok, nothing to worry about. I'm just having lower back pain which is somewhat bearable. Other than that, everything else is just perfect, no dryness no chapped lips.

I will upload my latest pictures later today. The red marks are still there but fading out.

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:21 pm

You guys!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to post my new photos.. I hope it wont come back and i will keep on seeing these quick improvements day by day *fingers crossed"

post-185763-0-98121000-1354555215_thumb.

post-185763-0-95071300-1354555226_thumb.

post-185763-0-16749700-1354555240_thumb.

post-185763-0-78436200-1354555250_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:27 pm

Wow you're doing so great! Are your red marks from before accutane fading too? I'm afraid my red marks are going to stick around forever!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:26 am

Wow you're doing so great! Are your red marks from before accutane fading too? I'm afraid my red marks are going to stick around forever!

I had a very few marks before accutane and yes they are fading too. You can see the results, I have improved big time in the last 20 days. Just hang in there and stay positive, I hope you aren't breaking out as bad as i did (see pictures of my IB). I thought it is going to leave scars n pits on my face but how it went down so quick is incredible and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements in the same way. Goodluck with your course. smile.png

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:36 pm

Hey mate awesome improvements. I'm glad accutane is working for you.

MemberMember
(@wsmith189)

Posted : 12/05/2012 12:19 pm

So incredibly happy for you. That is what the tane pain train is all about my friend! Congratulations!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 12/07/2012 2:17 am

So incredibly happy for you. That is what the tane pain train is all about my friend! Congratulations!

Tane is indeed a life saver and it is currently my best friend :) I'm so excited to go out again with my friends and family without hiding my face. I hated those days when i didnt look at them while talking so they'd notice the shit on my face and suggest all those useless home remedies n diet changes etc. I'm waiting for the day when I'm all clear from marks n scars and i know thats not too far, only one day closer to clearer spotless skin :) -fingers crossed-

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:41 pm

Hey man how are you doing? Must be going well for you to be gone so much!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:50 am

Woah!!!!!! I'm half way through. 3rd Month ended. Ahhh... Its been a month that I didnt post here. Probably the reason for not posting here was nothing new happened. But for past couple of days, my lower back pain is gone worse and intense. I cant bend down :(. Its painfull. But I'm still positive and lots of improvements in this month. My right cheek is clearing up so fast, the red marks and scars are fading. Left cheek has couple of embossed spots left from my IB. Chin and forehead is completely clear, no marks/scars on forehead and chin whatsoever, yayyyy!!! I get a very tiny little zit on my left cheek once in a week and it goes down in just 1 day. One more thing that I haven't told you guys that I have a big cyst in a very odd place that i cant tell you. And its been there for a long long time, probably for 2 months. It pops up and goes down every know and then. Though its not painful. The rest is pretty fine and calm, I'm feeling a lot better and confident. Everyone noticing the improvements and making me remember those horrible IB days. Cant go back to my IB, that was the worst time of my life.

New photographs will be up in a day or two. :)

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 01/16/2013 10:01 am

DAY 105

Ok, here are the new photos. Lots of improvements, red marks fading down. No Serious dryness, Intense lower back pain every other day.

post-185763-0-36003600-1358348453_thumb.

post-185763-0-12996100-1358348465_thumb.

post-185763-0-60662800-1358348476_thumb.

post-185763-0-73952000-1358348493_thumb.

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 01/20/2013 10:12 am

DAY 109

The Lower back pain has gone calm. Nothing new on face. No breakouts for a month or so. This is so great feeling. I have never ever had a whole month this much calmer for past 10 years. I'm eating everything i want, not so junk but everything that i avoided and didnt want to eat which caused breakouts. Only two and a half months remaining, wow thats gone so fast. Feels like i started tane yesterday.

Thats all to report for now. -fingers crossed-

MemberMember
(@andrew2890)

Posted : 01/22/2013 12:56 pm

I think that your improvement it's incredible . Moreover very fast and whitout taking an excessive dose .

you should be very satisfied ;)

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 01/22/2013 4:39 pm

I am so so happy for you, this log has been very inspiring to me, it keeps my chin up! Please keep updating!

MemberMember
(@laurenholt)

Posted : 01/22/2013 6:02 pm

Wow, absolutely incredible...

The difference is amazing, but what's more amazing is that you can almost see your confidence building in every photograph.

I am always so happy when I see results like this, and it does help knowing that there will be an end to it all some day!

Keep going and good luck, truly amazing!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 01/23/2013 3:22 am

Wow, absolutely incredible...

The difference is amazing, but what's more amazing is that you can almost see your confidence building in every photograph.

True that, everytime i take my new photographs I feel much confident and satisfied. Though I'm still scared of going in front of mirror biggrin.png. Will do that when I'm all cleared and spotless. smile.png

I think that your improvement it's incredible . Moreover very fast and whitout taking an excessive dose .

you should be very satisfied wink.png

Yes, pretty much happy with the results so far. Although my lower back pain is still intense, no problems, nobody sees n feel my lower back pain :D All they see is improvements on my face day by day which really makes me happy and confident. :)

MemberMember
(@nomoredottodot)

Posted : 01/25/2013 1:20 pm

Those results are amazing! So chuffed for you.

MemberMember
(@letsgetthisoverwith)

Posted : 01/25/2013 1:28 pm

Damn dude, congratulations. Things seem to be going really well for you. I'm especially interested in your log because you also started off at 20mg for the first month. Do you think this helped in the long run? Did you get impatient at first? I think I'll get bumped up to 40mg next month and I can't wait for my skin to improve as much as yours has.

Also, do you mind me asking your weight? I'm just wondering to compare the strength of our dosages. Thanks!

Keep after it!

MemberMember
(@cheezycakes)

Posted : 01/26/2013 12:22 pm

Your skin looks really good. I'm very happy for you.

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 02/04/2013 5:22 am

Damn dude, congratulations. Things seem to be going really well for you. I'm especially interested in your log because you also started off at 20mg for the first month. Do you think this helped in the long run? Did you get impatient at first? I think I'll get bumped up to 40mg next month and I can't wait for my skin to improve as much as yours has.

Also, do you mind me asking your weight? I'm just wondering to compare the strength of our dosages. Thanks!

Keep after it!

I did get impatient in the very first month as I had a very bad initial breakout right in my first week. I kept on lurking myself on this forum to boost up my confidence. I kept on looking for success stories rather than side effects and horror stories of this medication which helped a lot to hang in there. I weigh 120lbs. One more thing i would like to suggest that STOP eating junk in your first month, eat healthy as much as you can. Though that cannot prevent you for the IB but once your body gets used to the medication and you start seeing the improvements, you would love to eat anything you want. Add a tiny fatty meal when you are taking the medicine as it absorbs quickly with fats. This would help reduce the chances of having severe headache, fatigue and dizziness.

I have done with my 4th month and into the second last month. Things are going great and I'm loving this, going out with friends and family. Parties, weddings etc. Never had these feelings in the past 10 years. Accutane has really changed my life. I hope this remains the same when I'm off accutane.

That is all to report for now. New pictures will be up in a day or two. :)

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 04/15/2013 5:34 am

Hey people! I haven't posted for quite some time. Been busy with work n stuff and yeah didnt have anything special to share with you guys. But FINALLY!!!!! the journey has come to an end and I'm done with a 6 months course of isotretinoin yayyy!!! my skin looks amazing, haven't had any breakouts for past 3 months or may be more. The marks have also gone away, just very few of them remaining and will fade away. Accutane has literally cured my nodular and cystic acne. My lower back pain is also gone, no dryness on lips and eyes, everything is just about perfect. I will upload some new photos for you to see yourself. May be in a day or two.

Cheers

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 04/16/2013 4:28 pm

Waseem, I was reading your log and am happy to see the results you have had. Please keep us updated. You are doing wonderful and look great. Very happy for you.

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 04/20/2013 2:56 pm

Ok here are the latest photographs of me :D dont i look happy and excited? yes i do, it was the toughest and the hardest treatment i went through, expecially first two months and then i started seeing improvements gradually and this is how it looks now.

post-185763-0-17124200-1366487779_thumb.

post-185763-0-55179400-1366487792_thumb.

post-185763-0-32141500-1366487801_thumb.

MemberMember
(@letsgetthisoverwith)

Posted : 04/23/2013 8:15 am

Hey man,

your skin is looking great. Congratulations. Have you done anything for your redmarks? they seem to have faded considerably!

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 05/08/2013 3:40 pm

I didnt do anything with my red marks, they are gone now. Never used anything topical when i was on accutane. It is now ONE MONTH post accutane and I;m doing great, no breakouts, skin clearing up, complexion getting fairer, great stuff! Love you ACCUTANE!