Arrrggghhh

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/03/2012 5:28 am

Hey,

I've not posted on here much but this is my 3rd time on Roaccutane.

The 1st time I took it I was 18 years old 40 m/g and it cleared my skin with no problems.

2nd time, it cleared my skin 90% but I was left with a lot of scarring (see pic)

The most frustrating thing for me this time is that it's not really cysts, just patches of red. My sideburns are completely clear and then there seems to be a line where my acne starts. I have been on this course 5 months now and the redness will not shift and I can tell it is underlying acne but it will not shift.

Any ideas?

I also made the mistake of not moisturizing before which I do a lot now! My skin in person looks more like it's peeled off than actual acne as this picture was taken a month ago

post-28105-0-01785700-1349260020_thumb.j

post-28105-0-01785700-1349260020_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/11/2012 10:59 am

Anny comments/suggestions?

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/12/2012 3:22 am

Obviously bad then as no one replies!!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/12/2012 3:37 am

Understand that not everyone who views a topic is able to help or give suggestions before you become frustrated with having no replies :)

Anyway - I'm sorry I can't offer advice related to accutane as I don't know much about it, but from the picture it just looks like redness/irritation rather than acne - do you think that could be related to shaving or something like that? You could ask your derm next time you see them about it too. Maybe it's an irritation from a product your using or might be a skin condition not related to acne.

I'm not sure - just some ideas I guess

Hope you work it out soon. :)

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/12/2012 4:48 am

Lily is correct, it is better to offer no response than to give a wrong response. There is almost a like of demarcation like a product touched one area and not the other. Could it be an allergic reaction to something you are applying to your face?

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/12/2012 5:51 am

I know, it's just frustrsating... it is acne but I need to do something to improve scars also

MemberMember
(@aseer-ahmed)

Posted : 10/12/2012 7:15 am

relax bro ! cause its nothing serious everybody has some underlying acne , though i should recommend u to try apply vaseline on it few times a day .hope it helps bro

!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/12/2012 7:55 am

I know, it's just frustrsating... it is acne but I need to do something to improve scars also

Yeah I get what you mean.

Is your skin there dry at all - maybe a different moisturiser could help? Personally, I'd think twice before using vaseline - to me that's not the best stuff to put on your skin...

Also have a look around the scaring threads on this site and search the forums to hopefully find better advice.

Good luck with it all.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:22 am

Yeah it is dry I am starting a new moisturiser as of today :) thanks :)

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 10/13/2012 10:48 am

Does that redness come and go throughout the day(s) or is it there 24/7?

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/15/2012 4:11 am

24/7 it is there

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:27 pm

You are currently on accutane...right? I've done it twice and your skin can get very raw. I recommend DML lotion. It was formulated for people on accutane, using prescription topicals or after skin treatments. It is exceedingly gentle and very light, absorbs quickly. Not natural...but I've found most natural products to be irritating anyway. You can google it. And it is available at Walgreens. Used to be a prescription but isn't anymore.

See right now the accutane is causing you to constantly have "new" skin and new skin is extremely sensitive. When I was on accutane I couldn't wash with anything other than Cetaphil lotion cleanser. It is much too heavy when I'm not on accutane but it was just the right thing when on accutane. For shaving, you might also want to use the cleanser lathered up.

Actually your skin looks pretty good...especially if you're coming off of having cystic acne. My skin was like that for a very long time. When you stop accutane follow what your derm says for follow-up treatment. That was my big mistake...not doing that. I thought I was "cured" and so did nothing and my acne came back. My derm had wanted me to use a topical to keep my skin functioning properly.

Now my skin is doing much much better but I have to do what the derm says. When you are completely done with accutane you may want to invest in regular microdermabrasions to keep the pores clear and promote the development of healthy skin. This is what my derm recommended and my skin looks like new now after almost a year of microdermabrasions. It helps the skin to build up again and look less red. It also helps lessen the scars.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 10/15/2012 4:32 pm

Just to add to the already good advice. Assuming the redness is permanent (?), zapping it with a Pulsed Dye Laser will get rid of it entirely.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 10/16/2012 6:24 am

Thanks again for the replies. Most of the redness is acne so I'm hoping once that has completely gone it will make my skin look 1000 times better :) I will look at some scar treatments after... it's the pits that are a nightmare (hard to see on this pic)