Notifications
Clear all

See You Later Acne! (Pics Every Week)

MemberMember
(@melindaone)

Posted : 11/25/2011 11:02 pm

You may carry your oatmeal in a cute empty lotion or mask jar (I use the one from Lush masks) or simply some cute little plastic/glass container... :)

Buy yeah, I was also carrying my oatmeal box before, bcoz I neede little more.. for my bath, haha. My bf thought Im weird.. badgrin.gif

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/26/2011 12:48 am

You may carry your oatmeal in a cute empty lotion or mask jar (I use the one from Lush masks) or simply some cute little plastic/glass container... smile.png

Buy yeah, I was also carrying my oatmeal box before, bcoz I neede little more.. for my bath, haha. My bf thought Im weird.. badgrin.gif

I was planning to do that! Screw the boyfriends ;)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/30/2011 4:21 am

So guess who just got their script in the mail?! Me! I'm so excited to start!!! I'm taking 20mg's a day, once a day. I'm a little down from the low dosage as I feel that having a higher one will bring better, faster results, but who knows. I just took the first pill then and I cannot wait for the drug to kick in :D

I can't take any photos of my current skin for now as my SLR is getting repaired and I don't like my iPhone's quality. Wish me luck guys! Here's to Roaccutane being my knight in shining armor.

xxxx

MemberMember
(@dreamer003)

Posted : 11/30/2011 6:18 am

Whoehoee, good luck! Don't worry about a slighty low dosage, high doses can be quite an attack on your liver.

Keep us updated :)

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 11/30/2011 6:30 am

Good luck!!!! :) x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/30/2011 8:54 am

Thanks girls! Will do :) x

MemberMember
(@hotburrito)

Posted : 11/30/2011 2:35 pm

Good luck on your course! The 20 mg doesn't sound too bad to me - I guess they're slowly inundating you into the drug.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/30/2011 11:21 pm

Good luck on your course! The 20 mg doesn't sound too bad to me - I guess they're slowly inundating you into the drug.

Yeah, I guess so. I have 60 capsules which is going to last me two months obviously, so maybe after that my Derm will raise it? I don't know. And thank you so much, I really hope it works :)

MemberMember
(@melindaone)

Posted : 12/01/2011 2:26 am

Hi.

About the dosages its very confusing. Sometimes I think it does not matter weight, age or acne type.. it just depends from your derm.. Every dermatologist says different things. I have seen 4 different dermatologists in total, first prescribed me 50mg/day (based on my weight - 51-52kg), other one told me I am having little too high dosage and should do 40mg/day, next one was alright with my dosage but last one told me I am on such a low dosage and therefore should do it longer (6 months, instead of 4.5 months) just to make sure it's all gone... Very confusing.

However, when I called my derm in US (just to ask about dosages there, she told me they prescribe 80mg/day usually as standard..

P.S. I was not changing dermatologits because I wanted.. there are just many of them in one place, and not always I am available to go and see the same doctor... So every time they signed me with someone else.. And then none of them knows my story.. I guess, its Canada, haha.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/01/2011 2:48 am

Hi.

About the dosages its very confusing. Sometimes I think it does not matter weight, age or acne type.. it just depends from your derm.. Every dermatologist says different things. I have seen 4 different dermatologists in total, first prescribed me 50mg/day (based on my weight - 51-52kg), other one told me I am having little too high dosage and should do 40mg/day, next one was alright with my dosage but last one told me I am on such a low dosage and therefore should do it longer (6 months, instead of 4.5 months) just to make sure it's all gone... Very confusing.

However, when I called my derm in US (just to ask about dosages there, she told me they prescribe 80mg/day usually as standard..

P.S. I was not changing dermatologits because I wanted.. there are just many of them in one place, and not always I am available to go and see the same doctor... So every time they signed me with someone else.. And then none of them knows my story.. I guess, its Canada, haha.

That is confusing :( oh well, I can deal with my 20. Haha.

MemberMember
(@dreamer003)

Posted : 12/01/2011 8:03 am

Hi.

That is confusing sad.png oh well, I can deal with my 20. Haha.

I think basing it on your weight makes sense.. I would imagine someone who's 180lbs needs more than someone who's 120lbs, the medicine simply needs to work through more "weight". Don't really know how it works lol, but that's basically what my dermatologist told me.

MemberMember
(@parker395)

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:39 pm

I thought they based it on weight too. My derm checked out my weight and then was actually doing some math and looking at a chart of sorts when he was working out my dosage. I thought it was high at the time (80mg), but it's worked out ok so far.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/02/2011 4:52 am

So based on weight I should be on 40/50 mg? Because I weigh 47kg.

Day 2.

Obviously it being so early I won't have any side effects/positive progress, but I just felt the need to update. So I have no dry skin or lips (yay) but that may be because I already moisturise both my lips and skin everyday. My skin is looking pretty good at the moment, I think it's due to cleansing twice a day with pure oatmeal which I've done the past week, my skin is looking soft and less dull! If you haven't tried it already I recommend it :)

Also, does Roaccutane make skin more oily? I noticed today my skin was a lot oilier than usual which is a bit strange. I may be over-reacting though..

Will update in a couple of days with a couple of photos :)

xxx

MemberMember
(@blahdeeblah)

Posted : 12/02/2011 11:09 pm

Hey girl, I have crazy oily skin and mine got easily twice as oily the first week...then it calmed down. Now I'm on day 14 and I think I'm finally starting to stop producing oil. If you're like me, it should only last a few days and then you'll dry up :)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/03/2011 1:21 am

Hey girl, I have crazy oily skin and mine got easily twice as oily the first week...then it calmed down. Now I'm on day 14 and I think I'm finally starting to stop producing oil. If you're like me, it should only last a few days and then you'll dry up smile.png

Isn't it funny how Roaccutane makes skin both oily AND dry? Well I hope so :)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/04/2011 4:12 am

Damn. You should really listen when they say STAY OUT OF THE SUN WHILE ON ROACCUTANE. I was in the sun for maybe five minutes yesterday afternoon and my face turned so red :(

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/04/2011 11:52 am

Ouch! Poor thing :(

Luckily I live in freezing rainy damp ol' England... x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/04/2011 12:25 pm

Ouch! Poor thing sad.png

It's Summer here, that's why! And Summer in Australia gets so hot! I just look like I have bad rosacea on my upper cheeks, in towards my nose. It's so bad, haha.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/04/2011 12:32 pm

Ouch! Poor thing sad.png

It's Summer here, that's why! And Summer in Australia gets so hot! I just look like I have bad rosacea on my upper cheeks, in towards my nose. It's so bad, haha.

Oh sweetheart :( Oh yeah I forget you guys down there have topsy turvy weather... can't imagine a sunny Christmas Beach BBQ haha! x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/04/2011 12:36 pm

Ouch! Poor thing sad.png

Oh sweetheart sad.png Oh yeah I forget you guys down there have topsy turvy weather... can't imagine a sunny Christmas Beach BBQ haha! x x

Hahah, Christmas in the heat is so uncomfortable! It snows in England doesn't it at Xmas time? You're lucky I wish it snowed here! xx

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/04/2011 12:45 pm

Ouch! Poor thing sad.png

Oh sweetheart sad.png Oh yeah I forget you guys down there have topsy turvy weather... can't imagine a sunny Christmas Beach BBQ haha! x x

Hahah, Christmas in the heat is so uncomfortable! It snows in England doesn't it at Xmas time? You're lucky I wish it snowed here! xx

It usually snows around christmas yes...usually annoyingly either in November (like last year) or in January...never seems to be on the day itself...still hoping for a white christmas (once I've finished exams and got where I need to be!) x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/05/2011 9:21 am

Day 5.

Ffs my face is literally dripping with sweat! (gross I know, sorry) I keep blotting but it keeps coming back lol.gif still not noticing any drying of the skin which I guess is a good thing. I have had a big appetite today, I don't know if related or not to Roaccutane..? Today is also the day I'm stopping my Duac.. I guess we'll see where that takes my skin, because in the past I've noticed if I don't take it for one night my skin rebels within the next couple of days. So I can't wait till tomorrow haha. Bad thinking but I know it's true!

My cheeks are still red from getting a little burnt the other afternoon, I'm hoping it goes away soon because it makes my face situation look worse. I'm also hoping that on my low dosage I won't get an IB eusa_pray.gif one can only hope though!

But so far so good!! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/06/2011 4:55 am

Day 6.

I know it's too soon to be posting another update, but I just wanted to note some things down in case I forget. So today I washed my hair and noticed quite a bit of hair loss, I know it's normal to have a couple of strands fall out while washing but today I had about 30 on my shoulders. Also I'm getting some pain in my lower back and my thighs. I run and go to the gym 2x daily and have been for the past 2 years and so I've long passed that stage where I hurt after a workout, so there's no blame on that.. It's not anything bad, just some minor discomfort when I move or sit down for too long.

I think some of my oiliness is starting to disappear as well, so yay! I've also attached a couple of photos, which were taken literally 10 minutes ago after I got out of the shower, haha. My face is looking the best it's been in a long time, and maybe some of you will say that I don't even need to be on it, but really, I do. This is just what my skin does, it fools me into believing that it's just starting to clear up and then BAM! it strikes back again. This time last week I had a couple of actives on my cheeks (you can still see them) and I have a few on my forehead.

Btw, I apologise for the ugly hyper pigmentation scars, I don't like them either sad.png

xx

post-162639-0-12431200-1323165282_thumb.

post-162639-0-24850100-1323165296_thumb.

post-162639-0-12431200-1323165282_thumb.

post-162639-0-24850100-1323165296_thumb.

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 12/06/2011 3:10 pm

It's not ugly, don't do yourself down. You're working on your skin and taking steps to fix things so try your best to stay positive and focus on your progress. You know, I reckon your skin will clear up great in the end. Fingers crossed! :)

MemberMember
(@nikki9)

Posted : 12/06/2011 5:10 pm

I agree with Paul! Besides, I think you have beautiful skin. When the spots fade (and they will!), you're going to look amazing.