Notifications
Clear all

Breesy's Isotretinoin Log To Cure (Severe) Acne! (Pictures Every Week)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/26/2011 5:48 pm

Day 39

Hey, didn't remember to call for my blood test results but I'll find them out tuesday. Hope that they're okay.

What I found out yesterday was that pretty much all of my blackheads from my nose have dissapeared, which is nice - even though they didn't bother much as you couldn't see them from far away. But it the skin there feels so smooth and clean now as pretty much every pore had a blackhead for a long time >.<

Anyway I have 2 pimples in the right side but they aren't really deep and have both small heads now, hopefully they'll fade in the night. one in forehead fading, yep not much else; red marks staying same.

looks much more flattened out/way less pimples than day 1, nice dude

i dont know much about this but maybe you could apply some sort of scar/mark fading oil or cream or something, approved by your derm of course, while youre still relatively early in your treatment. i mean if it doesnt break you out it can only help, right?

MemberMember
(@dreamer003)

Posted : 11/27/2011 7:00 am

I had the same thing, my nose was full of blackheads and now they're all practically gone! Makes me feel like it's really working :)

Your skin is looking better btw and it's nice you only have 2 actives :D

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/27/2011 9:16 am

yes bressy i have problems with marks and its already over a year since i have em but i see them lighting up unlike before my whole face is filled with red marks,,anyways i have like 4 acne now but i feel a little clear unlike before,my marks before just makes my face worse even if i dont have that much acne,when my acne goes away it leaves a red mark i have a schoolmate and he has so many cyst but when it goes away it doesnt leave a mark lucky him he is still suffering from severe acne though so in school i dont feel much left out biggrin.png

yes i dont have a log im too lazy to make one lol and i dont take pictures anyways i just follow logs,anyways do you smoke or drink?

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/27/2011 3:41 pm

Hey, I love the updates with songs! It's fun. Good luck! I see dramatic reduction in inflammation and looks like leftover post inflammatory erythema (PIE). PIE can't be treated with traditional remedies as people might suggest, like lemon, honey, acv, or so-called "lightening" products. This is meant to treat pigmentation problems, unlike you who's just dealing with the erythema. No worries though; erythema goes away much faster than pigmentation, so just give it time. You could benefit from mild exfoliation to encourage the process, which I would still advise against (for now) just to be as gentle as possible. Isotretinion is most effective when working solo, and not in concert with other topical remedies. It'll just mess with the progress.

And if you don't mind, I just discovered this song (I want to choreograph an urban-contemporary smooth hip hop routine to it):

:)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/27/2011 5:11 pm

Day 40

Have my derm in two days...excited to go see her, Hope I'll get the 60milligrams

I got a few new pimples again, 2 on the left side... but they aren't ones that would be deep in the skin.

I had the same thing, my nose was full of blackheads and now they're all practically gone! Makes me feel like it's really working smile.png

Your skin is looking better btw and it's nice you only have 2 actives biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/27/2011 7:31 pm

Theoretically, emu oil and jojoba oil are more in the family of quality non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic moisturizers. I haven't heard of much other benefit, whereas another oil like seabuckthorn seed oil has additional benefits that give back to the skin (you can do a quick google search to see what I mean). I wouldn't say your mentioned oils would aid in healing red marks, but it could reduce redness in presently inflamed active lesions.

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help :)

MemberMember
(@whatamihere4)

Posted : 11/27/2011 8:03 pm

Theoretically, emu oil and jojoba oil are more in the family of quality non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic moisturizers. I haven't heard of much other benefit, whereas another oil like seabuckthorn seed oil has additional benefits that give back to the skin (you can do a quick google search to see what I mean). I wouldn't say your mentioned oils would aid in healing red marks, but it could reduce redness in presently inflamed active lesions.

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help smile.png

Idk, i've heard a lot of good things about emu oil, but a bit hesitant to supplement it with accutane myself.

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/28/2011 4:06 am

i smoke and drink socially and i dont think it has any connections with acne so i do it :D i want to enjoy life with or without acne

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/29/2011 10:12 am

bressy my hyperpigmentation is getting out of hand lol!same boat as you dude!but atleast our acne is improving,my marks are bright red like it will take me 2years till it lightens and i dont know why this whitehead is getting red and bigger i thought a whitehead stays as it is and wont get big

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/29/2011 4:29 pm

Day 42

So today I was at the derm. She also had my results for the blood test, and guess what, the other, not sure if it was triglyceride, actually went down a point or something and the other and remained the same, hehe. I'm not sure if it's the changes in diet that I've made, but as far as I know triglyceride has something to do with cholesterol and dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol aren't really correlated.

Anyway about the dosage, she was a bit cautious and wanted to increase only by 10mg. So I'm starting to take 60mg every other day and 40mg every other day so that's 50 a day. She said to take this for 3 weeks and if it's okay increase to 60milligrams. She said I had done good improvement with the skin to that was nice smile.png

Not much else going on with the skin.. Would have a big party at the downtown with pretty much all buddys from near by schools at a big club at saturday but I'm not gonna go looking like this -.- meh..

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help smile.png

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 12/01/2011 9:02 am

do you have acne on chest and back

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 12/01/2011 1:38 pm

Day 44

Hey,

I've been examining the skin in the last three, four days and what I've noticed is some bumps under the skin again.. They aren't exactly as before as they seem to be more deep, but still a lot of bumps, which I think are pimples forming - it can't really be anything else, eh

I'm kind of worried that many of them will surface, and I'll get an insane breakout :S, as there is many bumps; all along the cheeks and some on the jawline.

Anything that I can do to prevent them surfacing? Is it even possible for pimple to start forming under the skin but not surface/heal before it comes to a head?

They have come 'closer' to the skin's surface in the past few days..

Anyway not much else, 6 more days with 40 and then I'll start 50 and hopefully 60 in 3 weeks.

do you have acne on chest and back

MemberMember
(@parker395)

Posted : 12/01/2011 2:01 pm

Hey breesy - don't get too worried about the bumps under your skin. I've had them on and off (seriously - like a freakin rollercoaster!) during months 2, 3 AND 4 of my course. Each time I could have sworn they were going to erupt into massive breakouts. 95% of them went away without ever surfacing. It's weird, but that's what's happened. I hope you have the same fate as I did - try not to worry too much. It's annoying and frustrating when they're just sitting there and not going away or doing anything, but just be patient.

MemberMember
(@dreamer003)

Posted : 12/01/2011 2:17 pm

Hmm, hopefully they won't turn into pimples... I guess it's still normal to break out at this stage, so try not to worry to much about it.

We'll be on the same dosage again in 6 days :)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 12/01/2011 2:36 pm

Thanks for the supportive words Parker and dreamer :)

Really hoping that they won't surface, well, only time can tell.

And now in the last couple weeks I've only got small pimples that fade in a day or two, so that's a big plus!

Good night for now :)

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 12/02/2011 6:10 am

zero on chest, mild to moderate on back and shoulder/upper arm area

i have mild acne on chest and have moderate at the back.my upper arm is improving since i used the carrot soap since then my upper arm is improving you should try it

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 12/04/2011 1:50 am

dude im getting breakouts now maybe 2nd month is the month im getting breakouts hopefully it will heal :( still i had good time with my friends last night didnt care about my acne it was a great night i smoked and drinked i hope it has nothing to do with my breakouts,i smoke and drink weekly

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/04/2011 11:57 am

it was a great night i smoked and drinked i hope it has nothing to do with my breakouts,i smoke and drink weekly

By weekly do you mean just once a week?

I've cut down on my drinking but still drink 1-2 drinks 2-3 times per week (thats what my derm said would be ok)...Not sure if I should cut down more, but its so hard at christmas time with all that mulled wine about...

x x

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 12/04/2011 2:31 pm

Day 47

Hi! 3 more days 'till I'll start with the increased dose. Not much has been going on concerning the skin, I don't have many actives right now,

one painful close to the eye area which is not pleasant to say the least..

The bumps I mentioned in earlier post are still there and they just seem to be coming closer day by day, I don't really know what to do, there isn't anything to help them not surfacing, is there.

Gotta go pick up the 'tane with prescription tomorrow as it's Independence Day for Finland the next day so I won't have a day without any pills!

Good night:)

dude im getting breakouts now maybe 2nd month is the month im getting breakouts hopefully it will heal sad.png still i had good time with my friends last night didnt care about my acne it was a great night i smoked and drinked i hope it has nothing to do with my breakouts,i smoke and drink weekly

MemberMember
(@ahasegawa)

Posted : 12/04/2011 2:48 pm

I agree about the whole drinking thing. My derm said 1 drink a week max and I have decided to completely almost cut out alcohol all together! I had a glass of wine 2 weeks ago but I dont count that much since its so little and I dont do it often at all! I notice that whenever I drink even a little bit I get pimples and my skin seems to be taking a little longer to heal.

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 12/05/2011 9:24 am

By weekly do you mean just once a week?

I've cut down on my drinking but still drink 1-2 drinks 2-3 times per week (thats what my derm said would be ok)...Not sure if I should cut down more, but its so hard at christmas time with all that mulled wine about...

last week i had 2 friday and saturday,friday i drank with classmates that are on my new school and on saturday with my old classmates that are now on college i stopped school for a year because of acne im just trying to enjoy life and trying to reconnect with old friends i miss them :((

You'd want to cut down the drinking, it really puts its burden to the liver as accutane is already taxing it a lot.. you'll have all the time to drink after the course!

yes iwill after christmas hey dude my cyst became smaller i dont believe it!im hoping on saturday my derm would put me on higher dose and have cortisone shots

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 12/07/2011 1:50 pm

Day 50

hi

I've got one more pill in the first box. Tomorrow I'll start the 3 on even days and 2 on odd days pills so 40mg and then 60mg

I've got the 20mg pills so how should I take them on the day I'm supposed to have 3? 2 at morning 1 at evening or other way, or maybe 1 with lunch ?

The bumps under the skin are very close and I think some of them will surface neutral.gif ... I have one coming next to the mouth area which is almost all the way on the surface and the rest are a bit more deep..like dozen on both cheeks/jawline area...can't really believe this, it's a bit depressing.

I've been thinking something to do for new year's eve as it's only 4 weeks away; how the time flies..My friends thought we should go to a club and I'm not sure if I want to go there, but I don't really want to be a forever alone at new year..uhh what am I gonna do

Well anyway I couldn't have uploaded any pics because I had problems with the phone but I'll get some for tomorrow..till then, bye!

MemberMember
(@soysauce)

Posted : 12/07/2011 11:41 pm

Haha your friends sound like mine bro, always wanting to go to the club and what not. I usually make up some kind of excuse for not going. Im on accutane also so hopefully after a few months we'll be hittin the clubs! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@austin123)

Posted : 12/08/2011 6:55 pm

Hey breesy, my acne looks like yours, a cluster of actives, but thats mainly all of the raised areas on my face, the rest are marks. Quick question

Have you noticed any at all your red marks seem to dip down in your skin more, looking like they are a scar? Mine is. Im on month 2.5. And all of them look like it, i hope its temporary.

MemberMember
(@again)

Posted : 12/10/2011 1:35 am

Hi, I just want you to know that I am here to support you. You really have it rough and I understand. It is so difficult battling such severe acne when no one understands the trauma it causes us. I'm here for you!!!!