Notifications
Clear all

Breesy's Isotretinoin Log To Cure (Severe) Acne! (Pictures Every Week)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/05/2011 4:58 pm

Day 18

What's up! I'm here again with a late night update:)

Was with my friend(s) mostly today and just surfed the internet, chilled.

There isn't that much going on the face department, I don't have that many huge zits now thought, the bumps are getting smaller slowly - redness is same as earlier

Yep, accutane dries your face and scalp out, meaning our hair texture will feel a bit less dense too and more thin.

good luck on tane, you seem like a cool guy

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/06/2011 10:02 am

hey dude my marks are healing hopefully i dont get new ones yeah i pretty much watched his whole video but i didnt know he was only on 20mg the whole course! anyways if my derm can higher mydose on 20 id be happy hopefully i could finish with 60-80mg i'd be secured goodluck! cheers to us people who are currently on accutane ^_^

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/07/2011 2:07 pm

Day 20

Almost three weeks down already, wow

I'll post some pics tomorrow most likely :)

Today was pretty much the first day in 2-3 years that I've gone to the school and then with friends without having a shower first. Also didn't cleanse/moisture in the morning cause the skin felt good. I got a few pimples coming to a head during the day but it isn't insanely dry right now(haven't been to evening shower yet).

I have a lot of skin peeling, or not sure if it's peeling but I have LOTS of dead skin on my skin and it comes off in small bits/pieces if I slide my fingers over the skin with a bit of pressure. What can I do with it? Is it just a matter of bad cleanser? It hasn't come completely from the accutane because I had it before accutane.

If anyone got solutions let me know.

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/09/2011 2:45 pm

Day 22

Hey! In the last two or so days I have been having a new side effect,

My scalp has become dry and I have been having bits of it dropping off, I think it's called dandruff in english? Has anyone got a solution for this? I bought some Head&shoulders shampoo for dry scalp, hopefully it would help it a bit. The scalp has also been itchy which isn't the most pleasant thing, to say the least.

I'm in a bit of a hurry even now so I can post the pics today but they'll be up tomorrow :)

The skin's not that much different, a few new pimples up(breakouts)

I've been eating 30mg 1st day and now 45mg zinc for 5 or so days, haven't seen big improvements but it hasn't made the skin worse at least.

Here's today's song :) Have a good evening yall!

MemberMember
(@ahasegawa)

Posted : 11/09/2011 3:24 pm

Using a dandruff shampoo is a great start! I have heard of a certain type of oil people rub on their scalp as well to help with the flakiness. Personally the head and shoulders shampoo alone has tamed my really itchy scalp :)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/09/2011 3:27 pm

Using a dandruff shampoo is a great start! I have heard of a certain type of oil people rub on their scalp as well to help with the flakiness. Personally the head and shoulders shampoo alone has tamed my really itchy scalp smile.png

Sounds good, I got the dry scalp care one, gonna go to shower now and try it out! Good that it worked for you!

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/10/2011 4:33 pm

Day 23

Heyy! I don't got much to type down but I think the dandruff shampoo has helped slightly, I used it in the evening and in morning, gonna use it from now on every 2 or 3 days.

Today I've been having some pressure/slight pain in the area under where the ribs and sternum meet...I don't want to blame everything on accutane though, hope it goes away with a good night of sleep.

As far as the skin goes, the redness has in my opinion slightly just got more apparent, I don't have that many pimples now though, 2 in forehead, and maybe 4-5 on boths cheeks and 3-4 in the mouth/chin area, which is a lot less than what I had a month ago. The red marks look pretty much like pimples for ignorant people though so that doesn't help much :<

Anyway here's my pictures, I got a the two extra ones from yesterday when I waited my sister in the car and got bored!

post-157291-0-94854300-1320960707_thumb. post-157291-0-99964200-1320960719_thumb.

post-157291-0-62367000-1320960728_thumb. post-157291-0-77062600-1320960736_thumb.

post-157291-0-94854300-1320960707_thumb.

post-157291-0-99964200-1320960719_thumb.

post-157291-0-62367000-1320960728_thumb.

post-157291-0-77062600-1320960736_thumb.

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/12/2011 1:11 am

hey im in my month 1 but too bad i cant go to the derm though cause shes not there *sigh* ill probably go next week,,yes anti dandruff shampoo not only helps dry scalp but also acne,it helped my forehead acne ive been using head and shoulders for the past 4 years and i never had severe forehead acne since then my only problems are my cheeks like yours,,,,

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/12/2011 5:06 pm

Day 25

I'm halfway through my first pack of the isotretinoin - they come in 100 pills packets here in Finland

I've been breaking out again in the last 2 days, which is not nice to say the least...Don't know if it's like another IB or whatever but I'm not liking it!

Had this relatively small pimple that I think came out in the shower yesterday, now today it was full of groce pus and I popped and now it is so damn red and painful and has a big crater like in it eusa_doh.gif

Anyway not much else going on in my life at the moment, all my friends went to the club yesterday and I had my lonely moment alone because I just didn't want to go there looking like this. Doh, I'll hit it again when the skin is healed :)

Good night now all!

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/12/2011 8:43 pm

same situation as you dude i had to stay alone im too afraid to be seen by people so i zeroed all my contacts with friends i miss the days without acne

MemberMember
(@kellynemitz18gmail-com)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:44 pm

I can see some improvement in your pictures! Good Luck with your course :)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/15/2011 3:44 pm

Day 28 (should've been 26th in my earlier post, got wrong by a day there >.<)

So, I almost thought that the breakouts would be over but today I got 2 new ones on the sides of my mouth, one in forehead which actually had NO pimples for around 4 days, and one on the left side of my face. Hope they're going away soon...

Apart from that not much different, I think a bump to 60mg on my next dermatologist meet would be appropriate, it is quite a far ahead though as here in Finland the isotretinoin comes in a packet of 100pills, so 50 days at a time

same situation as you dude i had to stay alone im too afraid to be seen by people so i zeroed all my contacts with friends i miss the days without acne

MemberMember

Posted : 11/15/2011 4:23 pm

What is your dosage? I just picked up my accutane today :) I'm starting on 80 mgs ... Though this is my 2nd course.

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/16/2011 4:24 pm

Day 29

Hey,

I'm breaking again and what is my concern is that I have been getting close to the spots I had the bumps under my skin some new ones.

They are not that bad - yet - and hopefully won't become, either.

Small rashes in both hands that some hydrocortisone ,glycerol helps, they aren't that bad.

I still have lower back pains, I reckon exercise/getting back to the gym would help it. But I have a slight problems, how are you other accutane bros / girls dealing who exercise? After gym I'm sweating a lot so I obviously got to take a shower but the problem is I don't want to cause any extra irritation for the skin. How are you dealing with this? Just not cleansing and moisturising after the shower? I'm already having shower when I wake up and before I go to sleep, so I think a third could be too much and irritate the skin? Please share your experience.

What is your dosage? I just picked up my accutane today smile.png I'm starting on 80 mgs ... Though this is my 2nd course.

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/17/2011 10:40 am

hey dude same boat as yours still breaking out(cyst) :'(,but dont worry we are only on our 1st month

MemberMember
(@alex10101)

Posted : 11/17/2011 8:48 pm

hey alex i really think you should try accutane instead of the dkr. dont get me wrong the dkr is good but i think its aimed at more mild acne, and if you have moderate to severe acne, once you stop using the BP the acne will come right bacck and probably worse, while accutane will most likely clear you for good. Thats why i started accutane after about 2 weeks of the dkr.

and to breesy, it doesnt look like your acne is all that bad man, just alot of marks. Seriously buy some 100% emu oil, gentle enough to use on accutane and has been GREAT for my red marks so far. youll be good in no time

Yeah thanks! I'm beginning to find that out. The anti-biotics that I was on actually made my acne worse and the BP and Dan's regimen only really helps reduce the minor papules that I have but never the cysts. I definitely agree with you, especially now after having tried a lot of options. My doctor prescribed my Accutane today; it was his suggestion even, not mine! I still have to call him back to put me on IPledge but that shouldn't be a problem, being a guy and all. Other than that, the prescription is just waiting at the pharmacy for me!

Also, breesy, do you notice a difference yet as far as less new pimples forming? Just curious to know what to expect.

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/19/2011 8:51 am

Day 32

It's over a month now!

Skin feels still very tight in the jawline, I've been trying to moisturise more but isn't helping whole a lot, maybe I should try a different moisturiser...

Not much else going on, I had a big one in the right side of my face which was odd as that side, and especially the spot, had no pimples for like 3 weeks.

Anyway I'll upload some pictures again later on the evening when I've gone to the shower.

Also, breesy, do you notice a difference yet as far as less new pimples forming? Just curious to know what to expect.

MemberMember
(@amak)

Posted : 11/19/2011 6:51 pm

Hey breesy I posted on your first page and I never responded :o I am currently teaching myself Finnish now

Good luck on your accutane :)

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/22/2011 1:21 pm

Day 35

Hey haven't posted in a few days simply due to lack of progress on the skin. It's mainly the same except I got a small breakout yesterday, one in the forehead and 2 next to mouth which none of have formed to a pimples yet.

I ordered my time to the blood work and dermatologist early so I would not have any days with no pills. I got my blood work tomorrow and the derm on next week's tuesday so I have around 8 days still of the old box left!

I'm thinking a 60mg would be suitable for me now, for the next 50 days - I'll see what the derm thinks. My red marks/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or whatever they are aren't fading in the slightest!! so annoying as they look as bad as pimples to ignorant people :(

I'll post my pictures when I've gone to the shower, so in a hour or two!

MemberMember

Posted : 11/22/2011 2:40 pm

Day 35

Hey haven't posted in a few days simply due to lack of progress on the skin. It's mainly the same except I got a small breakout yesterday, one in the forehead and 2 next to mouth which none of have formed to a pimples yet.

I ordered my time to the blood work and dermatologist early so I would not have any days with no pills. I got my blood work tomorrow and the derm on next week's tuesday so I have around 8 days still of the old box left!

I'm thinking a 60mg would be suitable for me now, for the next 50 days - I'll see what the derm thinks. My red marks/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or whatever they are aren't fading in the slightest!! so annoying as they look as bad as pimples to ignorant people sad.png

I'll post my pictures when I've gone to the shower, so in a hour or two!

Awww! Don't Let it get you down! You still have lots of time left in your course 🙂

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/22/2011 3:49 pm

thanks Hopeful... As far as I know the accutane doesn't help hyperpigmentation :<

I would post the pics but I can't find the cord to attach my phone to computer and my phone is ancient so can't use dropbox >.< will be up tomorrow..good night

MemberMember

Posted : 11/22/2011 6:58 pm

thanks Hopeful... As far as I know the accutane doesn't help hyperpigmentation :<

I would post the pics but I can't find the cord to attach my phone to computer and my phone is ancient so can't use dropbox >.< will be up tomorrow..good night

I'm not too sure it does.. But sometimes while you're on the course scars & discoloration normally starts to fade.. Also, Are you in the sun Alot? Hyperpigmentation occurs due to melanin production. So, you may want to keep your skin protected while your outdoors, even if it's only for 2 minutes! The sun's UV rays will definitely cause your breakouts or scars to become dark or discolored! Wear sunblock or a sunhat!

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 11/24/2011 3:21 pm

Day 37

Got my hair cut today, it's neat smile.png I've also got the pictures, a bit late for the weekly update but meh..

I don't have currently many pimples, one big in the forehead and 1-2 on both cheeks and 1 next to mouth.

Forgot to call in to get the answers for my blood test that I had yesterday but it doesn't really matter as I'll have my appointment next week's tuesday so I'll hear it there..or maybe I'll just call tomorrow

Anyway here are the pics, the lightning I guess made the right side look slightly better, or I don't know - you guys can be the judge smile.png Good night!

post-157291-0-87779000-1322166062_thumb. post-157291-0-84499800-1322166074_thumb.

And Hopeful nope I'm from Finland you get barely 6 hours of daylight here in this season, darkest of the whole year, and it rarely shines so can't be from the Sun

post-157291-0-87779000-1322166062_thumb.

post-157291-0-84499800-1322166074_thumb.

MemberMember
(@whatamihere4)

Posted : 11/24/2011 4:07 pm

looks much more flattened out/way less pimples than day 1, nice dude

i dont know much about this but maybe you could apply some sort of scar/mark fading oil or cream or something, approved by your derm of course, while youre still relatively early in your treatment. i mean if it doesnt break you out it can only help, right?

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 11/26/2011 7:29 am

wow! your face is clearing!and you marks are kinda lighting up good for you!hopefully ill be the same im still breaking out