Notifications
Clear all

My Claravis Log!!!

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 04/21/2012 10:32 pm

Hey guys! I'm done with my course!

Sorry I haven't posted more!

So I fell about 300mg short of my expected cumulative dose (so like 10,200mg out of 10,500mg or something insane like that) but I can't afford the medication or bloodwork anymore so guess I'm done!

My skin looks GREAT! I barely need to wear foundation and I'm sure as I get a little sun and stuff the rest will even out! My back looks great, I wore a strapless-backless dress with full confidence last night. I am ecstatic! It was a really really rough 8 months on this stuff though not gonna lie. I've been off of it for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say I feel like a fog has cleared from my head. I think I was definitely depressed the entire time I was on Claravis. I am so much happier and more like my old self, even my friends notice a distinct difference. I hope everyone else has had as much success as I have. Here's hoping my skin stays clear!

Any suggestions for post-accutane skin care regimens?

Good luck everyone!!! <3

MemberMember
(@ohwhatfun)

Posted : 04/21/2012 10:41 pm

:D congrats, glad to hear from you and how it all turned out. time for u to enjoy life hahah

MemberMember
(@arakhanna)

Posted : 06/05/2012 4:45 am

Hey followyourbliss,

Its awesome that your results have turned the way you expected.

Just a question. Post a couple months, when did the dryness go.

Especially the lips and eyes?

Thanks,

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 07/18/2012 1:26 am

Hey! @arakhanna Sorry for the suuuper delayed response! The dryness went away completely in about a month. I had really bad eczema on my arms and that took a while to clear up. Lips went back to normal after maybe a week or two. Eyes are still a little dry and I'm 4 months post now but I've always had dry eyes so I'm not sure if it's from the accutane.

Just came on here to say my skin is just about flawless now that I've had some time in the sun :)

I can enjoy my freckles and go to the beach without a pound of foundation!!!! Ahhhh this is so so so exciting.

My back is clear, my face is clear... my life is so much better.

I'd post a pic but they ended up on google last time so I won't be doing that again.

To anyone reading that is on their own Accutane course, stick with it! The results are more than worth it!

You WILL see results, you WILL have great skin, it WILL be worth it!

I always thought it wouldn't work for me but every day I'm happier and happier with my skin!

Those 8 months seem like nothing now, it was worth all the crappy side effects.

Good luck everyone <3

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 10/22/2012 1:14 am

Just wanted to share again, 7 months post accutane, I still think of it as the best decision I've ever made!

My skin is still perfect, not a pimple in months (knock on wood!)

If you're considering it, do it :)

Also I got a tattoo like 4 or 5 months post and it healed fine :)

Good luck everyone <3

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 01/12/2013 1:54 am

Hi people! Long time no post!

So, I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm currently on Prednisone for a random autoimmune thing that had me in the hospital for 5 days last month. Prednisone is causing my skin to look disugsting. My skin is getting oily and there are pits appearing on my forehead and tiny pimples appearing on my chin. I have been completely acne free for months... no need for foundation or anything :( I'm really depressed over this. I can see a little bit of an under skin flare up on my chest as well and most of my face is slightly discolored. I'm actually heartbroken over this. Thankfully I have a derm appointment for something else soon so hopefully I can get some help with keeping acne away. I'm already on Doxycycline for Lymes disease so that should be helping but it isn't :\ This is so sad :'(

My doctor swears this autoimmune thing is unrelated to accutane, I hope so. I went to the ER 4x for headaches so bad that I was throwing up and literally bedridden for two weeks... I had to leave college early and postpone my finals and take next semeter off because the inflammation caused a 3rd nerve palsy (my right eye is paralyzed) and Horner's Syndrome (also basically means my right eye is paralzyed) so I'm just a mess. Accutane is known to cause pseudotumor cerebri which I've been assured is not what I have... but keep an eye on your symptoms people!

Hope everyone is doing well with their course, stick with it! Seriously, it is so worth it to have beautiful skin... I hope mine doesn't get destroyed from these horrible steroids :( Prednisone side effects are 100x worse than Accutane!!! :(

MemberMember
(@brightling)

Posted : 02/08/2013 6:49 pm

Omg, that sucks! Did you have lymes disease and autoimmune issues before you went on accutane? Do you think maybe the accutane made you somehow more vulnerable to all these issues you're experiencing now? Or I guess I should say "experienced" because I hope you're doing okay by now. But still, it does seem like it would be somehow related with the way it's all happening after your course...and there are a lot of people that complain about how the side effects don't show up until months later. I am currently freaking out cause I am on accutane right now and I came across your log when I searched all the side effects i was getting with the word "accutane" on google! Lol, doesn't exactly bode well.

On another note, smart move taking down those pics because there have been times when I have actually recognized pictures from people's blogs and stuff on here in random acne and laser treatment ads! Like they steal them and use them for the Before and After pictures.

Oh also, if your acne and oil doesn't die down after the prednisone (sometimes its like opening a floodgate) you could always try Spironolactone. Its an androgen blocker and less androgens= less oil and acne. It can be just as slow as accutane but it's pretty effective and it's WAY safer (makes me depressed though).