Notifications
Clear all

Starting accutane!

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/10/2011 9:20 pm

Hey guys, let me just start off with some background information. I am currently in grade 11 and have had acne since the start of grade 8. When I first got acne it was TERRIBLE. It started to slowly clear up (not a lot), and eventually it was right around mild-moderate. So anywho, I started differin XP + minocycline and had great results, me being the idiot I am I quit the two products thinking I'd stay clear. I broke out even worse and ever since have been prescribed countless things but nothing has worked. My doctor sent me to a derm and I just had my appointment last week, we decided to put me on accutane. I'm picking it up tomorrow and starting tomorrow, I'm not quite sure of my dose but I'll post as soon as I find out. Anywho, here's some starting pictures smile.gif.

ChinArea: e5snrn.jpg

ForeHead: 29m6ql5.jpg

LeftSide: 2uhy7is.jpg

RightSide: 34oar93.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, and also sorry that I can't post images.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/11/2011 12:57 pm

Alrighty guys, got my accutane (Clarus) pills, taking 40mg every other day since she doesn't want me to have a super bad IB. Popping my first one in about an hour after I eat lunch, yea. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

MemberMember
(@collegelaura)

Posted : 09/11/2011 1:32 pm

so excited you are starting accutane! I don't get to start for another month:( blah. Hope things go well for you! I will be eager to hear about your progress!

MemberMember
(@cheerios)

Posted : 09/11/2011 1:37 pm

Good luck on your course! My forehead isnt very different to yours, I will be starting with accutane sept 27. Will be following your log.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/11/2011 8:09 pm

Hey guys! Just popped my first pill today! No side effects such as nausea or anything, hoping for the best I'll make a post tomorrow night smile.gif! Thanks for following!

Also though I may as well add this, this is a picture of my bacne. Sorry for flexing, I was starting p90x at the time, and was taking my day one picture, stopped because I found out the next day I was starting accutane... anywho.

rcrad1.jpg

LOL once again sorry for yeah!

MemberMember
(@ndfan91)

Posted : 09/11/2011 9:43 pm

I'm on day 48 and my acne has gone down a bit. Just alot of red marks. The initial breakout is horrible, I got mine going into week two.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/12/2011 7:18 am

Day One

Alright guys, yesterday I popped my pill. It's the morning right now but I woke up with an unusually oily face, possibly the oil-est in years. And a hella sore throat :/, as well as about 2 actives. No chapped lips thus far -lets hope for the best-. I'll be updating this post as the day goes along. Alright, so it's 9pm and today my face actually looked pretty good, nothing flared up. No side effects thus far. Although a couple pimples came to a head today. I'll be posting tomorrow as well.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/13/2011 9:16 pm

Day Two

Didn't wake up with a super oily face today, but it was definitely more oily than usual. Took my 2nd pill today, and yea. Nothing thus far, my acne flared up a bit today though. Nothing really else to report.

MemberMember
(@tothatesacne)

Posted : 09/13/2011 9:28 pm

Good luck! I just started mine too, i'm on day 6.

We're in it together!

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/14/2011 10:13 pm

Day Three

Guess it's doing what it's supposed to do, broke out today. Not in the morning but I came home at around 10 PM with about 15 white heads waiting for me... :/. No dry lips or anything yet though.

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 09/15/2011 6:54 am

The first couple of weeks can be bad but not always. It will get better! :D

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/15/2011 10:24 pm

Day Four

Hm, woke up this morning and my face looked pretty bad. Lips were dry but not too dry. As the day progressed my face was drying out (took a pill today). Now it's about 10:30 pm, and I've noticed my face looks pretty good. It's dry but the redness and pimple size has reduced. No clue what's going on.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/19/2011 10:41 pm

Day Seven

Hello guys! Week one is officially done! My scarring has actually reduced but I have broken out quite a bit. My lips are chapped, not super chapped but chapped and my face is extremely dry. Although I am really not bothered by these side effects if it'll lead me to clearance. Nothing new to report other than my face isn't getting oily anymore.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 09/21/2011 10:12 pm

Day Nine

Alright, so basically my lips are fairly chapped not too bad though, and my face is extremely dry. I haven't broken out though, and my current pimples seem to be clearing very rapidly. :), very excited for now ! Also not sweating nearly as much when playing sports anymore :o

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 09/21/2011 10:27 pm

Best of luck! Stick with it even if the side effects start to really suck :P

Glad to hear things are starting to get a little better for you though!!!

I'll be reading your log :)

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 10/01/2011 1:09 pm

Day Twenty

Heeeelloo smile.png. So hm, where do I start. The side effects are now really starting to kick in, my lips are EXTREMELY chapped and hurting a lot. My face is also extremely dry but not too bad. The right side of my face has been almost completely clear now, it's starting to smooth out and the scars are disappearing little by little. The left side however broke out like crazy a couple days ago. Starting to go away now, but still. Forehead is becoming clearer but still not even close to being clear. My chin is almost completely clear now, as well as my jaw area. Also have seen very big improvement in my back.

I'll probably be posting pictures tomorrow or something.

Right Side:

2e17urp.jpg

Left Side:

jud1rm.jpg

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 11/06/2011 11:00 am

Day 56

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, I've been busy and haven't been home much, also lost track of time. Anywho I have some pictures I just took this morning tell me what you think! :D

Front:

6svy20.jpg

Right Side:

20z4l04.jpg

Left Side:21nk4u9.jpg

MemberMember
(@hotburrito)

Posted : 11/06/2011 4:21 pm

It looks like you're starting to clear up! :)

(And argh, aren't those dry lips the worst?)

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 01/16/2012 12:54 am

holy crap! It's been forever since I posted, not even sure what day I'm on!

But I'm on one pill a day now for like the last month and a half ish! I just took some pictures literally 5 minutes ago! Tell me what you think about my progress smile.png

Heres my right side!:

1s1csx.jpg

Left side!:

or135w.jpg

And finally front!:

9gm0yr.jpg

Leave your comments and tell me what you think! Thanks guys smile.png

Edit: Also forgot to mention!! Only side effects for me have been lip dryness, dry skin, and really REALLY bad nose bleeds. Literally blowing my nose every 10-30mins with blood now... Derm gave me "tear gel" to put in my nose and I've been using it for about a week now, nose bleeds have reduced a lot, still having to blow out blood about 2-3 times a day, better than 20 though I suppose :)!

MemberMember
(@sd85)

Posted : 01/16/2012 4:59 pm

Amazing improvement. Looks like Accutane worked very well for you.

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 01/22/2012 11:44 pm

Hey guys just posting to let you know I'll still be updating this. Nothing to update other than the fact that I got a haircut :)! And my forehead is 1000000x better! :).

I'll post pictures tomorrow or something! Thanks for following :)

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 03/10/2012 1:52 pm

Alrighty guys, never posted pictures! haha :), anyways here's some pictures. Also got a HUGE zit on my right cheek the other day, pretty much gone though. You can see it in one of the pictures :).

Right side:

auig0l.jpg

Front view:

3535lz8.jpg

Left Side:

nvw2yu.jpg

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 03/10/2012 2:28 pm

2vki1jr.jpg

Here's an overall progress pic!

MemberMember
(@jplsu1981)

Posted : 03/10/2012 10:07 pm

Unbelievable improvement from Day1!....You're looking great!

Congrats man!

MemberMember
(@jordantl)

Posted : 05/28/2012 7:29 pm

553576_10150805398596910_676621909_10079965_1598509410_n.jpg

Here's a picture of my acne now, all gone! On my nose and under my eyes are scratches :P!