Notifications
Clear all

I Declare War on Acne!

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 04/12/2012 5:02 am

Yay! I'm so happy for you :)

As for the lip gloss cravings, try the Clinique Superbalm in whatever tint you like. It's the same formulation as their Superbalm lip balm, just with tint. I adore that stuff and still use it every day. It keeps your lips really moisturized, but looks like a pretty gloss.

Love the giraffe ;)

Yay! I'm so happy for you smile.png

As for the lip gloss cravings, try the Clinique Superbalm in whatever tint you like. It's the same formulation as their Superbalm lip balm, just with tint. I adore that stuff and still use it every day. It keeps your lips really moisturized, but looks like a pretty gloss.

Love the giraffe wink.png

MemberMember
(@brownbag)

Posted : 04/13/2012 4:12 am

Thank you! Is there a specific type of Eucerin lotion?

Hmm I used three kinds of Eucerin lotion, just whatever I had around, and they all worked the same. They are Eucerin calming creme, calming itch-relief, and I think the original formula.

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 04/13/2012 4:43 am

I don't know why my last comment posted twice like that..

MemberMember
(@brownbag)

Posted : 04/14/2012 3:28 am

I don't know why my last comment posted twice like that..

Haha, because you like my giraffe that much! ;)

I'll try out the lipbalm. Thanks for the suggestion. How's your skin doing? Is it getting oily again? Being on 40mg again has been quite nice for me. My lips are barely dry and I can go for a few hours without having to apply any Aquaphor. Can't wait to finally be really done though.

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 04/14/2012 6:38 am

My skin is still on the dry side, but closer to normal (not normal for me, normal for normal). It's getting less dry, but definitely not oily at all. I've been able to wear powder foundation (Laura Mercier Loose Mineral Powder Foundation) without looking parched. My skin has stayed clear for the most part, although I had a little breakout this week (5 very small pimples). I'm sure these came from my rough week - starved, dehydrated, and sleep deprived because of long and busy days at work (not to mention my school work on top of that!). Before accutane, a week like this would have resulted in at least one of those deep, nodular zits, accompanied by more less painful ones.

I started using a night lotion with retinol (Paula's Choice Barrier Repair Moisturizer) since I want a retinoid and I can't quite tolerate the Tazorac samples my derm gave me. Since I had this mini-breakout, I used this lotion with some salicylic acid gel last night and the smallest zits are gone, with the "bigger" ones almost gone.

MemberMember
(@brownbag)

Posted : 05/20/2012 8:41 pm

Day ???

Back from my vacation in Vietnam! I don't remember what day I'm on but I've stopped taking one pill a day and have started really tapering off at every other day.

My skin is doing fantastic and I didn't break out at all during the trip. Funny enough, the hot, humid weather was actually really good for me and rid me of my dry lips and dry nostrils. My skin also glowed but that could be partially due to the new bb cream I'm using. I picked up Diorsnow BB cream randomly at the airport (duty free =P) not expecting it to be anything great but it was! I was sweating buckets (literally I was drenched in sweat with droplets falling down my face) and it stayed perfect without any streaking even after 8+ hours. I'll post a picture later of me wearing it.

I only have 9 pills left and it's starting to freak me out. I had a dream last night that I got three gigantic cysts on my chin and couldn't have been happier when I woke up to realize it was just a nightmare.

7202368642_d0ac4b5109_z.jpg

sunset in Hoi An, Vietnam

MemberMember
(@sd85)

Posted : 05/21/2012 10:15 am

I was worried about it coming back too. Fortunately, nothing of the sort has happened. It's been 3-4 weeks since my last pill and nothing has changed. I STILL don't need to wash my hair, even though the amount of oil on my face has increased about 20% since stopping the pills. I guess the 20% isn't enough to make a difference. Last night was the first time I had washed my hair in 4 days and it still wasn't dirty. My skin is still perfectly clear, and I haven't had a single pimple in over 2 months.

MemberMember
(@brownbag)

Posted : 08/06/2012 5:17 am

I've been off accutane for 2 months and my acne has not returned. I was trekking for 3 weeks in some remote place with no running water and despite being drenched in sweat and dirt I still didn't break out. There are some small bumps on my scalp (not sure if they're pimples) but nothing on my face.

My oil also has not returned. I can still wear makeup the entire day without having to blot. Hopefully it stays that way.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2012 1:10 pm

That is amazing!!! Congratulations! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were still clear, I'm so happy to hear you are!

MemberMember
(@tommyc38)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:37 am

Hey, I just read your whole blog! Wow, what a read! Anyways...I'm in nearing the end of month 2 and only had one zit the entire month...I have some pinkish marks from my IB but am 100% clear except for one bump like what you had...it's been there for two months and I fear, like you, I'm going to have this stupid thing for a very very long time. I also noticed the other day my eyes have a new crease when I smile which is weird. Anyway, let me know how long before that sucker went away and how your remarks are doing? Scars? Thanks for posting on this!

By the way...I watched about 50 seconds of that video above and that kid seems like a complete doucher