Notifications
Clear all

Oratane (20mg) Log

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/16/2011 1:20 pm

yep day 11 for me today, and there's nothing drastically different. my lips are SUPER SUPER dry. i can't believe how fast it happened as well, now i have to apply paw paw ointment every 10 minutes or so or my lips start cracking!

i want to believe that its getting better, but i used to only have one or two pimples on my cheeks but suddenly there's a heap of new ones getting ready to explode. I've also seen a big increase in the number of whiteheads (the little ones that stay under the skin and never actually emerge).

I'm doing my best not to pick but ITS SO HARD!! the other day i felt really really depressed and blue and i think it was just a combined affect of dealing with acne everyday and having to pretend like nothing's wrong. it passed but i'm just dreading the next bout of bad feelings.

hopefully it just gets better from here!

x

Menante

i totally understand my main problem consist of lots of black heads and old ones to all over my chin and cheeks with the occasional pimple but i woke up and nearly freaked when i saw so many actives on my face. and they hurt but hey cheer up this ib so soon must mean the med is working on us and were on our way to sexxxy skin ;)

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/17/2011 12:42 am

Sorry guys, this is going to be a very depressing post...I apologise in advance.

So...lately I've been feeling really disconnected. Out of place. When I go to school I don't feel like I belong there, or like I'm wanted.

When everybody is told to get into groups, I'm left standing there, feeling like an idiot.

This has happened many, many times and I wonder whether or not people are conscious of how things like that make others feel.

It seems everywhere I go I don't belong, like I'm just some outsider looking in.

I finally cracked today.

It was last period, Biology. Normally one of my favourite classes. We had to do a prac. Everybody paired up instantly, making meaningful eye-contact to their best friend, signalling their partnership for the prac.

I looked next to me, at my supposed best friend, as she turned her head and smiled at the girl next to her.

After everything I've ever done for her. I don't expect anything in return but I would appreciate it if for one second the people around me could be consciously aware of how disgustingly selfish and mean they are.

Half the time, they don't even realise they're leaving someone out. All they care about is being the one on the inside, with everyone else.

I did the prac on my own.

After I was done, I politely excused myself to go the bathroom downstairs, composing myself just long enough to make it down there before I burst into tears and sobbed for a good 10 minutes.

I cleaned myself up and went back upstairs. It was obvious I'd been crying, and when it finally registered with one of my closest friends she said: "I didn't know you had hayfever! Weird."

She turned around and absorbed herself in conversation with the other girl. I could feel my chin trembling as I stood for 2 minutes making sure I wouldn't make a fool of myself in front of the class and went up to my teacher asking if I could please go visit the nurse.

She looked at my face for a minute, assessed the puffy eyes and red nose and with a grave look on her face, nodded. She knew.

Sorry about this guys...I just feel so suffocatingly alone and pathetic. For the entire first half of that lesson, and on almost every other day I have a little voice in my head that says:

"You are absolutely fing pathetic, you know that Eliza? Nobody gives a s about you, and they never will. If you were to throw yourself off a building right now nobody would bat an eye. Nobody would miss you. They'd get over it right away because you're unimportant and nobody here likes you. Nobody will ever love you. Just kill yourself."

I know this post is dark but I need to say it or I may actually do something I'll regret...

Happier posts to come guys, followed by photos.

MemberMember
(@1-618)

Posted : 05/17/2011 12:51 am

Hey hey hey! D:

Screw people! Like, literally. I swear - my best friend goes through this exactly situation regularly, I mean, she's not like us.. she's been gifted with perfect skin, but the being left out is something she experiences often..

I'll tell you the same thing I tell her - People are dicks. People are always going to be dicks. People don't understand.

If people treat you like that, they don't see the value in you. If they don't see the value in you, they don't deserve your time, or compassion, or worry.

There are a few people you'll find in the world who'll stand by you forever, and everyone else is everyone else. You get along and you don't. And when you don't, you shouldn't ever feel like it's your fault, or that you'd be doing anyone a favour by disappearing, because you wouldn't.

You - a mindblowingly gorgeous girl shouldn't ever feel like that, so don't. You're worth more than that :3

It's all about self confidence, and it's always the nice, pretty girls who are persecuted into losing all of theirs. You can be the exception. I mean, what an exception! :3

MemberMember
(@breetard89)

Posted : 05/17/2011 1:50 am

High school is such a small part of your life, don't even worry about those girls now, just worry about yourself. Do well in school and have goals set. Because I know from experience, once school is over you never have to see those people again. You go out and meet new people, people who share the same interests as you and you end up having much better friendships.

Just remind yourself that this won't be forever. Same with your acne.

And stay positive. As hard as it might be sometimes. But we all know dwelling on things gets you no where. And you're better than that.

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/17/2011 7:02 am

yes is def gets better and life changes completely after high school alot of teens dont notice how horrible they can be but it takes a strong person to realize that this moment in life wont make or break you. i had tooons of friends in high school ppl loved me and i dont talk to any of them now (and i wouldnt want to) i grad college and i dont talk to any of my college friends well maybe one lol but the point is see how quickly life changes and the ppl around you . i know it blows cus you feel left out and ya no what screw those ppl at the end of the day family and the friends you make along life that stay no matter what are the things worth living for. :) kisses and cheer up maybe next year youll be friggin prom queen the world may never know ;)

MemberMember
(@mini-me)

Posted : 05/17/2011 10:08 am

Belimeza- Girls can be such bitches. I know its hard but you just have to think your loss not mine.

You seem like such a lovely sweet girl. And its your friends that are loosing out not you

One day you are going to be off doing different things, meeting new people and those girls wont even matter. They are probably just jealous of you, you are stunning. So just remember that.

I know you have never met any of us, but were all your friends rant to us and we will all be there for you :) Just remember karma is a BITCH, what goes around comes around, you will be the one that has the last laugh i promise. :)

Keep your head held high, and remember this is just a small chapter of your life, and soon you will be off on another adventure, like i said you seem like a lovely girl you will meet true friends soon enough :) xx

what doesn't kill you makes you 10 times stronger!!

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/18/2011 9:12 am

You guys have just absolutely turned around my entire week! Thank you all so, so much. You don't realise just how much your support and encouragement means. :)

I'm so glad I have people who understand and are there to reassure me, even if I don't know you all personally.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. Exams are coming up and I'm royally screwed. :P Haha.

I don't know how I can repay you all for your kindness. <3

Honestly, I really don't. You've all managed to put a massive smile on my face!!

And you're right, high school is almost over and I can just move on from everyone here. :)

I'm all giddy now! jkdfnksjdfhsijdfn

I promise I will make a proper update tomorrow, with photos and an actual account of how Oratane is going.

Just know your support and kind words mean the absolute world to me!

xxxx

MemberMember
(@fel_han)

Posted : 05/19/2011 7:52 am

Belimeza First of all, i just want to let u know that u come across as a really brave girl. Having to do prac on your own, tolerating those inconsiderate people in your class, and trying to compose yourself despite the situation. I applaud u. I think u are really brave. :D

When i was in my 1st tane course, there was once my manager was in a lift with me. She said it direct to my face "Why is your face full of pimples? Did u drink water??"

ok.. i seriously dont think if i had drink ENOUGH WATER, there would be no acne. Acne is definately not cured by just drinking water alone!!

I swear i was trying so hard not to cry and hope the lift would just open up the very moment when she said that. I waited very patiently for the lift to reach the ground floor (we were at the 4th floor but i swear it seems like the lonnnnnngggesssst time of my life). Once the lift open, i simply turned away from her and walked briskly to the ladies. Locked myself up and stayed there for like half an hour.

I totally feel u. I think those insensitive people around us do not know what is like to be bugged by acne. Don't be bothered by them (i know its hard and im still trying still), just know that u still have people who cares and loves u. And before u know it, acne would have given up bothering u as well.

Hang in there. We are all here for one another. *hugs*

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/21/2011 7:05 am

Okay guys, I'm back and ready to post!

It's been a very rough few days but I got through them. It sounds stupid but the littlest things set me off now. Not only is my skin sensitive, but my feelings are too.

Haha that sounded super corny!

Day 18

Well it's day 18. Early days but there are changes! Some good and some not so good.

Overall, my skin seems to be clearing up. Just in general.

Red spots seem to be fading a little bit.

I haven't been keeping up with my face cleansing regime (I'm terrible...) and even forgot to wash off make-up twice.

I've had no new break-outs or actives for the past 3-4 days which is good...however I feel I've just completely jinxed myself. :P

The cysts I've had since the first few days I started are STILL there. I hate them more than actives.

At least actives just clear up and disappear within a few days. These cysts are just persistent jerks.

The one in the hollow of my cheek hasn't budged at all!

I've got one on my chin and one next to my nose on my cheek.

:( Ah well, you can't have everything I suppose.

I'm really hoping this is just the end of acne for good. I'm so sick of having to cover myself in make-up to feel half decent. I want to walk out without it and feel fantastic.

In time! :)

I hope you're all okay! Please feel free to post your own experiences.

Thank you so much guys for your support, it's helping me get through each day without going completely nuts! :D

xxx

P.S. Photos to come in half an hour or so!

P.P.S. Totally excited because I got a major haircut. What once hung near my bellybutton, now rests just above my...chest region. I love it! YAY!!!

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/21/2011 8:38 am

Okay so it's been WAY more than half an hour, but then I had to eat and stuff because I kind of forget to today (weird, right?)

Anyhow, here are a few pictures!

As you can see, my lips are VERY chapped and red and peeling. :(

post-150110-1305984776_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305984832_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985007_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985075_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985087_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985111_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305984776_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305984832_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985007_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985075_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985087_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305985111_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@1-618)

Posted : 05/22/2011 4:26 am

What's cooking, good looking? :D

Keep it up :)

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/22/2011 6:31 am

Major, major procrastination is what's cooking!

I can't help myself. Youtube, Facebook and iPhone are probably the WORST things to offer a year 12. Seriously.

I've been sitting here playing Scrabble with my dad for the past 2 hours. I have a history SAC tomorrow.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?

What's up with you, also good-looking person?

(Sorry I completely failed to make that rhyme even a little...)

MemberMember
(@mini-me)

Posted : 05/23/2011 7:12 am

Wow, your ski looks amazing.. It has cleared up SO freaking well! xx

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/25/2011 7:31 am

Thanks so much hun! :) It's looking alright...these cysts are SO ANNOYING!

I just want them to disappear. They're popping up everywhere.

I've got major Blackhead City ALL over my nose. There isn't an area that isn't occupied by a blackhead.

Also, I've begun to break out on my shoulders, which I've never had before.

Lips/skin are SUPER dry!

But it'll all be worth it soon. :)

Also, any girls or guys wanting to know what's good to do before applying make-up, keep reading.

I'm not suggesting it'll work for every girl/guy, but for the past few days I've been struggling to find something that will make my skin look good underneath make-up.

And I'm FINALLY found out.

At first, I would just apply my make-up normally, which would make it look splotchy (where the drier areas were), it looked weird and made me feel really self-conscious.

So then I tried putting moisturiser on beneath it and it worked alright but it didn't let the liquid foundation set on my skin properly, and ultimately made me look very shiny and greasy.

So today I thought I'd try something different. I know that due to the sensitive state of my skin, I'm not meant to wash it or touch it, and especially not ex-foliate but I've found this awesome ex-foliating scrub. I mean, it is AMAZING.

It's all natural, so gentle on the skin and it doesn't sting at all, like most ex-foliating scrubs and chemical filled face wash products.

The key is to wet your face with warm water and let it sit for about 10 seconds, before squeezing out a 5 cent piece (dime sized) blob. Rub it onto the fingers from your other hand, and gently beginning to moisturise into your wet skin.

You have to be very gentle though. You don't have to scrub very hard to feel and see the effects. All that dry, itchy skin that's been there for days will come off with the tiny little apricot seed bits. It doesn't hurt (or it shouldn't) and it works wonders.

This is AMAZING to do before putting on any make-up, whether pressed/loose powder, liquid foundation or any type of mousse.

With loose/pressed powders, it's best to follow that up with a toner of sorts, just to make sure the make-up sticks to your face properly and has an even, smooth coverage.

I did it tonight (the ex-foliation) and got heaps of comments about my glowing, fresh skin!!!

I hope this works for everyone too. :D

(Also: helps to get rid of blackheads very well, gets rid of dry/dead skin and leaves it fresh and glowing...with liquid foundation there's no need to follow up with moisturiser or toner, unless you have quite oily skin!)

The product is called St. Ives "Fresh Skin" Invigorating Scrub. I'll post a picture of what the tube looks like:

post-150110-1306326686_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1306326686_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 06/01/2011 1:32 am

Just a quick update, seeing a few changes in skin, mostly less oiliness and drier lips, more flaking and a sort of smoothness?

I've got mid-years really soon and I've been flat-chat for the past week or so but I'll try to update properly in the next few days!

Keep on keepin' on guys.

xxx

MemberMember
(@tman-south-africa)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:42 am

can anyone help me settle my dam nerves, ive been on orratane for two months amd im not happy i cant see any results i want to know if this will change because i am on the verge of giving up.