Accutane- Liver

MemberMember
(@tylerjord)

Posted : 05/04/2011 5:17 pm

I have been on accutane (60mg/day) for 3 months now. People are very skeptical about accutane and drinking so i thought i would give my personal story thus far. I am a rager, i party every weekend and since I am a DJ, I often get supplied with free booze- and a lot of it. Since drinking on accutane is a "risk", I have found a way to protect my liver while drinking. I take a supplement called Liver Armor, it contains milk thistle and other active ingredients that protect your liver. I get ***faced and blacked out usually around once a week. I get bloodtests monthly and so far my liver is in pristine condition. If you are a drinker and are taking this medication- drink LOTS of water before and after drinking, and eat a meal afterwards as well. I also recommend taking some form of liver supplement as I am. Keep partying and keep the acne AWAY- safely.

Cheers

MemberMember
(@tisa)

Posted : 10/27/2014 4:30 pm

For anyone reading this original post, I have to second Liver Armor. After 6 months of being on accutane, I started to really miss my social drinking life, specially after I started dating again, (meet new ppl, go out for a drink, and so it goes), so I started taking Liver Armor and I experimented with increasing my alcohol consumption from 2 beer drinks a week, to about 8-10 drinks a week (no more than 3 drinks a day though), also venturing out and having a wine or margarita instead of only beer. Thats quite a hike, I know. I thought I was playing w fire. But I just got my liver results back, and the enzymes had actually decreased. Since I started accutane, it had gone from AST/ALT 21/12 to 25/13, and my last exam came back as 20/12. It went down! So, not to encourage drinking, but if you are planning on drinking, do so while taking this supplement. I got mine on amazon. And get your blood tests monthly! Keep an eye on it.