Notifications
Clear all

Oratane (20mg) Log

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/11/2011 7:20 am

Today after school (still day 8). Absolutely no difference, apart from increased redness, dryness and a cyst. :/

Right cheek, cyst right in the hollow, quite a bit of redness and red marks. Have a tiny bit of pitting, but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Left cheek, similar to the right cheek, pretty much no pitting and more red marks.

Full face, not that noticeable from the camera angle, but I'm not happy with how I look...

And finally my chin, which is what I seem to have the most trouble with.

hey! thanks for the comment :) i was trying to leave one back but then my technological difficulty prevented me and i couldn't figure it out.

today was as terrible as yesterday, at least i didn't have to wear any make up so my skin could just breathe. im only on 20mg once a day so your dosage is twice what mine is! that means my skin is going to take FOREVER to clear up. argh! this sucks.

ill try and post some real photo's from a real camera tomorrow when i have some time because those webcam ones really don't do the disgustingness justice, at least then some people outside my immediate family will have an idea what the hideousness behind the foundation looks like ahahahah.

only a few more months!!!

Menante

No problem! :) Ugh. I had a crap day too, in terms of redness and flakiness and overall disgustingness.

To be honest, not even the camera I'm using does my skin justice. I'm actually afraid to use my good camera...

I didn't wear any makeup either! Sorry to hear today was bad too :( nothing more discouraging than a bad day.

However, we just have to keep in mind that this will end. It's like when I go running (I despise running...) I always have to remind myself that it will eventually be over, haha.

And don't worry! Maybe my derm thought my acne was more severe than it is? I think it's pretty bad...but I don't know.

Maybe at your next derm appointment, he/she will up your dosage?

I'll try and get some real photos too! :D

I hope you have a nice day. (:

xx

-Eliza

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/11/2011 7:39 am

Goodluck!!!

Im on my 3rd day and i also wake up everyday expecting it to be a miracle pill and al my acne will be gone. im washing my face everymorning/night with a noxema wash which is awsome on my pores and a moisturizer called aveeno active naturals with spf 15!!!

My lips are already dry and im just using neospirin or vaseline!!

i also have bad skin and i just wanna have clear skin and feel free of the prison of makeup and night life. i want daytime dates lol :)

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/11/2011 8:05 am

Goodluck!!!

Im on my 3rd day and i also wake up everyday expecting it to be a miracle pill and al my acne will be gone. im washing my face everymorning/night with a noxema wash which is awsome on my pores and a moisturizer called aveeno active naturals with spf 15!!!

My lips are already dry and im just using neospirin or vaseline!!

i also have bad skin and i just wanna have clear skin and feel free of the prison of makeup and night life. i want daytime dates lol :)

Thanks hun!! You too. :D

Nobody deserves to suffer through it. It's pure agony. Here's to hoping it (eventually) rids us of the dreaded acne. :)

Haha, I do the same thing! I wake up every morning thinking "Today's the day!", and expecting my skin to be perfectly smooth and clear.

When I look at my skin, I can never imagine it being clear. I'm just so used to having acne and living with it and basing most things around it.

I can never just spontaneously go out and do something. I'm too worried about what people will think of my skin. :/

We're pretty close then! Hopefully we can get through it together. ^-^

I use QV wash, Avene moisturiser for my face and Lucas' Papaw Ointment for my lips/nose. I love the Papaw!

xx

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/11/2011 8:18 am

Some photos I took just now on my camera.

That white head on the right side of my forehead is SO difficult not to pick at...it's painful and irritating. I just want to get rid of it.

These are high res shots, as opposed to the camera on my phone. Ick!

And here's me with makeup on...lord.

post-150110-1305119314_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305119836_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305119846_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305120370_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305119314_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305119836_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305119846_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305120370_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/11/2011 12:18 pm

Some photos I took just now on my camera.

That white head on the right side of my forehead is SO difficult not to pick at...it's painful and irritating. I just want to get rid of it.

These are high res shots, as opposed to the camera on my phone. Ick!

And here's me with makeup on...lord.

YOUR SOOO PRETTY ;) IM GONNA POST SOME SOON OF MYSELF NO MAKE=UP OH LORRRD -_-

I TRY AND IMAGINE MYSELF WITH SUPER CLEAR SKIN AND ITS LIKE HMM I BET ID BE SOO MUCH MORE CONFIDENT I HAVE NICE FEATURES ITS JUST THE ACNE OVERPOWERS IT ALL!! BUT DEF IM SO GLAD I JOINED THIS I CAN GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS WITH PPL WHO UNDERSTAND AND GIRLS MY AGE WHO ARE DEALING WITH IT. ILL BE FOLLOWING YOU AND HOEFULLY OUR AFTER PICTURES WILL BE STOOOPENDIS :D

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/11/2011 12:19 pm

P.S WHAT MAKE-UP DO YOU USE THAT AFTER PIC OF YOU WITH MAKE-UP IS CRAZYYYY I WANTTTT IT I NEED IT LOL

MemberMember
(@breetard89)

Posted : 05/11/2011 11:11 pm

You're so cute!

You remind me of one of my friends, except you have longer hair.

MemberMember
(@1-618)

Posted : 05/12/2011 5:39 am

You are.. really, really pretty :)

Like, wow.

That is all :)

MemberMember
(@mini-me)

Posted : 05/12/2011 6:26 am

Belimeza: Heyy, I have just started accutane 20mg a day and im on day 8 today.

Ok so up to now my progress is before i started accutane my face was dry and never really got oily. Since starting my face has become SO oily. Not broke out in any massive pimples yet. just 2 clogged pores which spread because i stupidly picked them and few more in the same area broke out.

No dry lips yet! skin a lot more sensitive and all red marks more inflamed.

My current acne which i had on day one of starting is still the same also. Im not sure how long a low dose of 20mg will take to kick in.

Im currently taking vitamin e and omega 3. And tomorrow im going to start taking 8 capsules of turmeric a day. I used to use them a while back and they really helped with inflammation on my face.

So i will carry on posting here with my update on my progress and let you know about the effects of turmeric. Its SO much more easier when you have people to talk to :)

Heres a pic of me before i broke out in acne, This is where i want o be again. Ill post you a pic of me now when i et my camera later :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 05/12/2011 6:33 am

A Triple Log!!!

Good luck ladies

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/12/2011 7:45 am

P.S WHAT MAKE-UP DO YOU USE THAT AFTER PIC OF YOU WITH MAKE-UP IS CRAZYYYY I WANTTTT IT I NEED IT LOL

Hey hun! Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been flat chat all day. :)

Thank you!!! Haha, I feel...so disgustingly ugly right now. I hate acne. So much.

I wish I looked the way I do with makeup on, only without it. :/ Ah well.

So the makeup I use is a combination of: Maybelline (Super Stay) 24 Hour liquid foundation [sand Biege] and Revlon Colour Stay liquid foundation (Combination/Oily Skin) in the 110 Ivory.

I set it with L'Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Powder (664 Creamy Natural) and my mascara is Max Factor 2000 Calorie in black.

Also, the brush I use is from Ecotools (the most AMAZING brush ever, softest one I've ever had).

:)

I hope that helps! I also use L'Oreal Paris blush (120)-Rose Santal/Sandalwood Pink.

Keep me up to date with your progress hun!!

xx

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/12/2011 7:46 am

Like, wow.

Aww! Totally didn't just make my night. :)

I feel a lot prettier with makeup on.

:/

I can't believe I posted those dreadful photos.

And you (hopefully) actually think I'm still pretty.

x

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/12/2011 7:49 am

You're so cute!

You remind me of one of my friends, except you have longer hair.

AHH! :D I'm actually dying of happy.

Thank you for absolutely making my night!

I don't feel too cute with the acne but hopefully this will get rid of it! :)

Also, you're gorgeous too and your moustache is awesome. That is all.

Oratane, WOO!

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/12/2011 8:30 am

SO MANY POSTS!!!

However, it's Day 9 and I wore makeup for the first time in 3 weeks.

Day 9

School today was alright. I got up a bit late which meant no moisturising or washing, and I only just had time to swallow my pill before I ran out the door.

When I got to school, I did something really, ridiculously stupid and looked in the mirror.

Why did I do that?

I've come to the conclusion I must be some kind of masochist.

Red. EVERYWHERE.

I know I always sound so negative when I post, and I feel terrible because it's just "Dur, dur, life sux!!!!!!!11!"

My life doesn't suck...my acne does.

Anyhow, my entire face was just red and splattered with red marks.

I woke up to a lovely surprise though. A brand new active on my left jaw! Haha, it's not so bad but it's just irritating.

There are no significant changes to my face, obviously...but for some reason it was super dry one day, and then completely oily the next.

Accutane, you're weird.

When I got home I took a quick shower, sloppily threw on some makeup and ran to babysit for a family friend.

The kids had sugar.

So much sugar...

I was outnumbered and overpowered. I'm not that freaking tall in the first place, and five hyperactive kids are a LOT stronger than they appear.

They decided to give me a makeover.

post-150110-1305207034_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305207045_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305207034_thumb.jpg

post-150110-1305207045_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/13/2011 7:44 am

Hey hun! Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been flat chat all day. :)

Thank you!!! Haha, I feel...so disgustingly ugly right now. I hate acne. So much.

I wish I looked the way I do with makeup on, only without it. :/ Ah well.

So the makeup I use is a combination of: Maybelline (Super Stay) 24 Hour liquid foundation [sand Biege] and Revlon Colour Stay liquid foundation (Combination/Oily Skin) in the 110 Ivory.

I set it with L'Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Powder (664 Creamy Natural) and my mascara is Max Factor 2000 Calorie in black.

Also, the brush I use is from Ecotools (the most AMAZING brush ever, softest one I've ever had).

I hope that helps! I also use L'Oreal Paris blush (120)-Rose Santal/Sandalwood Pink.

Keep me up to date with your progress hun!!

xx

AWSOME yess def a huge help :) im so itchy itchy itchy and im only on day 5 my eyes and scalp are the worst lol im posting some pics up today keep up the good fight sista and keep me posted :)

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/13/2011 8:13 am

SO MANY POSTS!!!

However, it's Day 9 and I wore makeup for the first time in 3 weeks.

Day 9

School today was alright. I got up a bit late which meant no moisturising or washing, and I only just had time to swallow my pill before I ran out the door.

When I got to school, I did something really, ridiculously stupid and looked in the mirror.

Why did I do that?

I've come to the conclusion I must be some kind of masochist.

Red. EVERYWHERE.

I know I always sound so negative when I post, and I feel terrible because it's just "Dur, dur, life sux!!!!!!!11!"

My life doesn't suck...my acne does.

Anyhow, my entire face was just red and splattered with red marks.

I woke up to a lovely surprise though. A brand new active on my left jaw! Haha, it's not so bad but it's just irritating.

There are no significant changes to my face, obviously...but for some reason it was super dry one day, and then completely oily the next.

Accutane, you're weird.

When I got home I took a quick shower, sloppily threw on some makeup and ran to babysit for a family friend.

The kids had sugar.

So much sugar...

I was outnumbered and overpowered. I'm not that freaking tall in the first place, and five hyperactive kids are a LOT stronger than they appear.

They decided to give me a makeover.

I CREATED AN ALBUM AND UPLOADED PICS BUT HOW DO I POST THEM IN MY BLOG AND OR POSTS ECT??? IM A DUNCE I KNOW

IMG01584-20110511-2242.jpg

FAIL???

MemberMember
(@breetard89)

Posted : 05/14/2011 1:15 am

They should definitely be makeup artists. Brilliant job! Haha.

I'm really worried about not moisturising my face because I have heard horror stories about people who ended up with wrinkles because their face was too dry and whatnot. I don't want wrinkles.

I'm too old for acne, but too young for wrinkles. Is there a happy medium?! Haha.

MemberMember
(@mini-me)

Posted : 05/14/2011 8:05 am

Hey Belimeza, Hows it going? Hope your ll good. Day 10 for me today aghh such a LONG process. :)

Breetard89- Why are you thinking of not moisturizing your skin?

MemberMember
(@1-618)

Posted : 05/14/2011 5:46 pm

Like, wow.

Aww! Totally didn't just make my night. :)

I feel a lot prettier with makeup on.

:/

I can't believe I posted those dreadful photos.

And you (hopefully) actually think I'm still pretty.

x

Hopefully? Psh.

Mind = Blown.

MemberMember
(@breetard89)

Posted : 05/14/2011 10:38 pm

Breetard89- Why are you thinking of not moisturizing your skin?

Oh, no. I meant that I'm more conscious of making sure that i do moisturise because I've heard those horror stories. Haha.

MemberMember
(@belimeza)

Posted : 05/14/2011 11:34 pm

Mass post coming up. :D

Well, it's been a few days since I last posted. Today marks day 12 of my Oratane journey.

Wait, no, I should reply to everyone first! Sorry guys. I've been all over the place lately. Need a job, need to work out, need to study. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME, LIFE?!

BIBIFACE-Hey hun! I'm itchy too, except...not...well, I was up until about 2 days ago. Now it's sporadic. I've found my hair is becoming a little drier, which is disappointing but not unmanageable.

I'll upload some more pictures tonight too! :D I hope Oratane's going alright for you.

Remember, moisturise, hydrate and don't pick!

(Okay, I pick a little sometimes...what?!) Haha.

Also, I just uploaded pictures straight to my log. Where it says "Browse" and "Upload", I didn't bother making a gallery! Try that xx

Breetard89-Ugh, I know what you mean!! I'm constantly racing around, going here and there and am exhausted by the time I actually get to sleep. I feel like I don't have a lot of time for moisturising thoroughly and really taking care of my skin. :(

Which...I suppose I could be doing now, instead of writing this but I didn't want to put it off any longer. :P

Makeup artists?! God no! I've just gotten so used to wearing it for years, I've had to figure out the best way to disguise my acne. :)

I feel a bit old for acne as well...in actual fact I'm not, but I've had it for so long I'm just like "GET. OFF. MY. FACE."

Read about the rash :( hope you're doing alright!! And I'm sure you'll start seeing a few positive changes soon hun.

xxx

Mini Me-Hey! It's going well thanks :D busy busy. I've noticed a few minute changes, but nothins spectacular. My face is smoother and less oily, and my uneven skin tone is evening out a bit, but I've not got major eruptions on my face. D:

Day 12 for me. We're so close!! How are you going?? Hopefully we'll see SOMETHING soon :)

xx

1.618-Just when I thought all hope was gone :D

You probably don't even realise how much that means.

I mean, especially to hear it from a guy. Thank you so much!

x

Okay, so, get ready for a SUPER SUPER DUPER LONG POST. Sorry guys. It has to be done. I'm sure you won't read it all, and I wouldn't blame you but here's to hoping you will.

Day 12

Nothing significant to report. I'm seeing a few changes. Drier lips, hair and nose. LOTS of flaking. Flaking skin everywhere! It's like Christmas in New York on my face.

(Lovely mental image, right?)

However, there are a few positives. I know I'm going to jinx myself saying this...I'm debating whether or not to get hopeful.

My uneven skin tone seems to be evening out. It's whiter now, and blends in with the rest of my skin. (It's always been red around my chin, cheeks and nose) but my jaws have always been smooth and clear and pale white.

Here's to hoping it becomes even more...even! :D

I guess it's all relative though, because as soon as all that started happening, I woke up with like, 5 eruptions on my face.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but those suckers sure as hell were. They make Kilimanjaro look like a freaking ant-hill.

The worst part of that is that even with makeup on, it's so obvious that they're there, glaring back at you. Mocking you.

"Haw haw, just when you thought you were clearing up, we came in and ruined it! Haw haw!"

Enough of my cynicism! I had all this stuff to write about but I've completely forgotten. Lucky you!

There was one thing though. I've been trying to work out a lot lately (which is slowly killing me, just FYI). I've been running and cycling and swimming (despite the fact that it's like -298417446127849431 degrees in the water). Which I guess is great but it's A) exhausting and B) makes me more self-conscious.

I'm actually fine with how I look, could tone up a bit more but who's complaining? It's just so frustrating that there's one thing holding me back from being totally confident.

My skin.

Every time I go running I think "Oh God, he's looking at my face...he's probably judging my skin. Noooo!"

So now I just duck my head when I run past and hope whoever it was didn't see.

It sounds silly but it's always in the back of my mind.

RANT OVER! I'll post some pictures soon. There's nothing that interesting but still.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys! :)

MemberMember
(@mini-me)

Posted : 05/15/2011 9:07 am

Hey Belimeza, SO happy for you that your skin it becoming smoother. I wish mine was. Yeah day 11 for me today so we are super close. Weird though my face is less oily but my lips have not at all started to dry out. I think it may be due to all the herbal tea i am drinking.

I have to say my healthy eating and gallons of water are really helping with the redness of my pimples its mad.

I am like you no major eruptions yet! *touch wood* but just tiny tiny little bumps.

anyway good look for the next week. I will carry on stalking your log

xx

MemberMember
(@breetard89)

Posted : 05/15/2011 10:45 am

Arghh, the rash! It's so bad. It's like little red bumps all over my face. It's very sore too. It's definitely from that Emu Oil, because the worst of the rash is where I put most of the Emu Oil last night. Shit fuck. So annoying. Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully things will start to look better by then.

I think I am going to asked to be upped to 40mg. I am too impatient for this! Haha.

Hope things are well with you!

MemberMember
(@bibiface)

Posted : 05/16/2011 6:57 am

Im def moisturizing and keeping hydrated im drinking WATER LIKE A MANIAC. i def have been picking not to much but heh no ones perfect. im on day 8 and im breaking outtttttttt horrribly and i have read about ib but this is freaking me out my acne has never been this bad. i keep getting reassured it will get beeter this is supposed to happpen but when you already have acne and it explodes you cant help but panic. p.s havent been out in public all weekend walking into work today was dreaddddful hope all is well with your treatment and im glad the itching has gotten better mine has aswell :)

MemberMember
(@mdp)

Posted : 05/16/2011 7:54 am

yep day 11 for me today, and there's nothing drastically different. my lips are SUPER SUPER dry. i can't believe how fast it happened as well, now i have to apply paw paw ointment every 10 minutes or so or my lips start cracking!

i want to believe that its getting better, but i used to only have one or two pimples on my cheeks but suddenly there's a heap of new ones getting ready to explode. I've also seen a big increase in the number of whiteheads (the little ones that stay under the skin and never actually emerge).

I'm doing my best not to pick but ITS SO HARD!! the other day i felt really really depressed and blue and i think it was just a combined affect of dealing with acne everyday and having to pretend like nothing's wrong. it passed but i'm just dreading the next bout of bad feelings.

hopefully it just gets better from here!

x

Menante