IT'S 'TANE TIME

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 05/01/2012 2:08 am

So I'm back from the dead for a 6 month post course update. Still clear. I have no way of communicating my delight. Honestly, for anyone to read my sad story, if u feel anywhere near my disturbing depression I had? Accutane was a true miracle. My head and mind completely recouperated. I am living life to the fullest I possibly can wo the craziness. Acne made me a complete mental disaster. I've stayed away from this site bc in part I was a bit afraid of the association of my depression and anything acne related. But I'm good. My skin is amazing. I still have scars but they r flesh colored indents that I will proudly bare in exchange for what happened to me. It's remained a mystery what went haywire w not just my face but body. Stress I guess? Hormones? But accutane to me, in hindsight, was my saving grace. I let acne become the thing all my focus and energy went to. W that gone? I can breathe again. I maybe sound dramatic, but it's truth. My whole course was a roller coaster. I had hopes of course that I'd just continually improve. But in my case I did not fully clear til I was done. It took a solid 2 months for my skin to come back from the fragility accutane caused. All the other side effects were gone in a month. I had hair thinning that I did not even realize until a ton of hair began growing back to a noticeable length a few months back.

I am just very relieved to report this positive outcome. If u r debating accutane and suffering from acne? My rec would be to do it. Most def.

I'm just using purpose liquid cleanser, and I use both paulas 2% bha lotion and cerave moisturizer. A tiny zit here or there and a clog here or there. But those r the exception. Funny thing about the one random clog I'll get every once in awhile is that they stay tiny and just surface and go wi days of noticing. I've spent the psycho time analyzing every pore, especially in the month or 2 after Tane. I don't really need to look anymore. I rarely find a thing. It's an amazing drug. I'm absolutely a fan and an advocate. If u choose accutane just take it seriously. Take care of ur body and live healthy.

Matt,

Ima hit u on ur log

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 05/01/2012 7:52 am

So I'm back from the dead for a 6 month post course update. Still clear. I have no way of communicating my delight. Honestly, for anyone to read my sad story, if u feel anywhere near my disturbing depression I had? Accutane was a true miracle. My head and mind completely recouperated. I am living life to the fullest I possibly can wo the craziness. Acne made me a complete mental disaster. I've stayed away from this site bc in part I was a bit afraid of the association of my depression and anything acne related. But I'm good. My skin is amazing. I still have scars but they r flesh colored indents that I will proudly bare in exchange for what happened to me. It's remained a mystery what went haywire w not just my face but body. Stress I guess? Hormones? But accutane to me, in hindsight, was my saving grace. I let acne become the thing all my focus and energy went to. W that gone? I can breathe again. I maybe sound dramatic, but it's truth. My whole course was a roller coaster. I had hopes of course that I'd just continually improve. But in my case I did not fully clear til I was done. It took a solid 2 months for my skin to come back from the fragility accutane caused. All the other side effects were gone in a month. I had hair thinning that I did not even realize until a ton of hair began growing back to a noticeable length a few months back.

I am just very relieved to report this positive outcome. If u r debating accutane and suffering from acne? My rec would be to do it. Most def.

I'm just using purpose liquid cleanser, and I use both paulas 2% bha lotion and cerave moisturizer. A tiny zit here or there and a clog here or there. But those r the exception. Funny thing about the one random clog I'll get every once in awhile is that they stay tiny and just surface and go wi days of noticing. I've spent the psycho time analyzing every pore, especially in the month or 2 after Tane. I don't really need to look anymore. I rarely find a thing. It's an amazing drug. I'm absolutely a fan and an advocate. If u choose accutane just take it seriously. Take care of ur body and live healthy.

Matt,

Ima hit u on ur log

Your experience makes me hopeful that my face will be clear by the end of treatment, if not sooner. I am just beginning my 2nd month & I am going through breakout after breakout. I was previously on Accutane three years ago for 3 months. I didn't get a chance to finish my course, because I lost my job & insurance. It did clear me up for about a year, but of course it came back. I'm so glad that I have the chance to be on 'tane again. It really has a bad rep, but it's a great drug. I went through years of antibiotics and topical gels in my teenage years, as my acne got worse. I can't wait to be clear and not have to worry about my face! :)

MemberMember
(@chase-walling)

Posted : 05/01/2012 9:46 am

Good luck on your journey to clear skin! I am on my 3rd month of Claravis. I started at 40mg once a day for a month and since the 2nd month I've been on 80 and so far it's kicking major ass! Just a pain in the ass to have chapped lips in the spring time! But good luck and I wish you nothing but success!

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 05/01/2012 9:54 pm

God I feel for u Kaydon. The best I can say is it will work. Make sure ur derm is shooting for that cumulative dosage of 150mg/kg. Endure the course. Count the days. Stay strong. If u read some of my posts near the beginning and when I'd breakout mid course ull see it was pretty hard on me mentally. I've been there and now I'm on the other side. U can do it lady!

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 10/08/2012 7:13 pm

New update.

I started breaking out a bit again in July. I went to my derm who said he told me so.....................

He prescribed Flutamide (anti-androgen), and it's been a god send.

Seriously. I am one happy girl. Very clear.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/08/2012 8:09 pm

Hi Crystal, i definitely was following your accutane course back in 2011. How long were you on the anti androgen before you cleared up again? Do you also do birth control with it?

Why did your derm say 'i told you so?'

Keep us posted