Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Log Moderately Severe Acne

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/16/2013 8:10 am

MONTH 2!

March 13 actaully marked the 2 month mark for me! So im actaully a litttle passed it now but Its a cool milestone non the less for me! I had one dormant cyst to start the week and as the week progressI got another cyst that merged into that one! So now have the king cyst on my forehead lol, but aside from that no other cyst! 3 weeks and only one cysts is soooo remarkable for me considering where i came from starting out. Still getting the smaller variety of acne tho, however much more managable and goes away generally in 3-4 days when drowned in bp lol. Even my marks are fading a tiny bit now that the acne has calmed down. As for flakiness, not sure if spring weather or im just getting used to bp but its greatly subsided! Finally ive solved my yellow tint problem from the moisterizer, I found that although 2 full pumps is very miosterizing its just a wee bit to much. I cut it down to 1.5 pumps in the morn and 1 pump + 1 pump aha at night and it seemed to not make me yellow anymore. So all in all, pretty progressive week, very excited and happy. Not where i want to be quite yet but getting there slowly! Happy spring break errbody! Dont party to hard lol!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/24/2013 8:12 am

WEEK 10

Aww mannnnn, broke out with two big imflamed ones one by the left side of my mouth and one right side of my nose, ughhghghghghghghgh. Im thinking its cause this week was spring break and I ate not so good lol. Back to eating healthy this week. hyperpigmentation is getting better but still not good. Im thinking by month 4 its gunna be good! Regimen has given me a lot of progress up to this point but still not perfect, hopefully these two go away fast!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:19 am

Middle of week 11

God daym it, 3 huge imflamed cyst right now FACK. One left of my nose, one right of my nose and one over my right eyebrow. Alll huge and seem like they are here to stay for awhile. Wth man ughughgughg. So mad and on top of this I'm freaking itchy as hell last few days, freaggin winter

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:35 pm

I read your whole thread, thanks so much for posting.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 04/01/2013 10:02 pm

I read your whole thread, thanks so much for posting.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the support!

So right now only one pimple thats really bothering me, its a huuuge cyst smack dab in the middle of my face. From last week, hasnt made much progress. Fell under temptation and tried to squeeze it, bad idea lol. Anyway if that one went away its pretty much just hyperpigmentation! Regimen has done great job controlling major breakouts. Getting outside more and enjoying the spring weather. Slowly even gaining some confidence back. If this huge cyst would go away that would help alot lol. So greatful for the progress ive made since starting. Hope everyone had a great easter and heres to a better tommorrow! and the day after! lol

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/02/2013 3:56 pm

Great post, positive attitude gives me hope man. I'm on week 7 and still breaking out and have like 8+ actives and over 20+ marks like wth when will the torture end?!!! Pretty much feel frustrated hard to have hope when you don't see progress. I am asian too so on my light tone skin it's hella noticeable. Well good luck man I am praying for you and all acne suffers out there for clear skin! EVERYONE DESERVES CLEAR SKIN!!!

What's your diet like do you feel like it's a big part in controlling your acne?

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 04/07/2013 9:41 pm

Great post, positive attitude gives me hope man. I'm on week 7 and still breaking out and have like 8+ actives and over 20+ marks like wth when will the torture end?!!! Pretty much feel frustrated hard to have hope when you don't see progress. I am asian too so on my light tone skin it's hella noticeable. Well good luck man I am praying for you and all acne suffers out there for clear skin! EVERYONE DESERVES CLEAR SKIN!!!

What's your diet like do you feel like it's a big part in controlling your acne?

Hang in there man, I had so many doubts along the way I wanted to quit so many times. Glad I stuck it out tho. I agree the hyperpigmentation sucks donkey balls and takes freaggin forever to fade. I lucked out and I dont have many scars, a few shallow ones only. I know its bad but im hoping the summer sun helps even out my skin tone haha. Im praying for you too dood, you can do it! As for food, I eat realitively healthy, however im not a saint , there are weeks that I eat horribly. I eat healthy more for my workouts than for acne lol. Only foods i really avoid is vitamin b6 and keep dairy intake to a minimum. I do take whey protien but other than that i dont drink milk or eat cheese very often. I beleive those are my trigger foods, everyone has different trigger foods tho. But if your considering a healthy diet, i mean its good for you in the long run anyway! Good luck to you man, its a stuggle everyday but we van pull through this madness!

PS dood your hobbies are exactly like mine haha, except skateboarding, and I assume you can actually sing. I like to sing but i sound like a horse dying when i do lolz.

Almost to dat 3 month mark!

Quick update

Really nothing new BUT of course the huge cyst smack in the middle of my face is still there.... If swear if it went away I would be acne free!!!!!! And would only be dealing with hyperpigmentation. Of course it is there and in a very embarrassing position, so ill grind out another week or two til its gone. Loving that spring is coming around, winter has not been kind to me, but heres to better days!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:08 pm

Im so glad you have not given up . I remember I was on month 3 when you started, now I'm on month 6. Face is relatively clear with a couple ice picks and blemishes but make up can conceal. Let me remind you I had severe acne when I started so by the time you get to month 6 your blemishes will be so light and your face will actually look healthy.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:47 pm

Im so glad you have not given up . I remember I was on month 3 when you started, now I'm on month 6. Face is relatively clear with a couple ice picks and blemishes but make up can conceal. Let me remind you I had severe acne when I started so by the time you get to month 6 your blemishes will be so light and your face will actually look healthy.

Haha I think you were the first one to post on my post if I recall correctly, crazy time really does fly. Really happy for you to be where you are! Acne is something of a brotherhood, only people who go through it truly understand lol. And I'm also glad I stuck with it, god knows I had my weak moments! I think you were actually a big part of that! Was really nice to have your encouragement and positive attitude here! Also was nice to have someone answer all my questions lol. So def owe you a big fat thank you! And I hope your right! Clear healthy skin by month 6? Ohh man that's sounds so nice! Just in time for summer and all that jazz lol. God bless and here's to a better tommorrow!

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/08/2013 12:39 am

Hang in there man, I had so many doubts along the way I wanted to quit so many times. Glad I stuck it out tho. I agree the hyperpigmentation sucks donkey balls and takes freaggin forever to fade. I lucked out and I dont have many scars, a few shallow ones only. I know its bad but im hoping the summer sun helps even out my skin tone haha. Im praying for you too dood, you can do it! As for food, I eat realitively healthy, however im not a saint , there are weeks that I eat horribly. I eat healthy more for my workouts than for acne lol. Only foods i really avoid is vitamin b6 and keep dairy intake to a minimum. I do take whey protien but other than that i dont drink milk or eat cheese very often. I beleive those are my trigger foods, everyone has different trigger foods tho. But if your considering a healthy diet, i mean its good for you in the long run anyway! Good luck to you man, its a stuggle everyday but we van pull through this madness!

PS dood your hobbies are exactly like mine haha, except skateboarding, and I assume you can actually sing. I like to sing but i sound like a horse dying when i do lolz.

Quick update

Really nothing new BUT of course the huge cyst smack in the middle of my face is still there.... If swear if it went away I would be acne free!!!!!! And would only be dealing with hyperpigmentation. Of course it is there and in a very embarrassing position, so ill grind out another week or two til its gone. Loving that spring is coming around, winter has not been kind to me, but heres to better days!

thanks man on week 8 now seeing minimal progress, but still breaking out T-T. Where do you live? Honestly bro I lost most interests in all my hobbies, skateboarding because I couldn't control my sweating and acne, working out I have been slacking haven't been to a gym in like months, if you are into cars like me what kind of car do you have 240? s13/14? And hey I'm not a great singer but doesn't matter if your good or not as long as you love it. I just got into raising green terror cichlids (something to pass the time with and not think about acne 24/7) if you have one we should bounce pictures off each other my Caeser has grown pretty big since I got him). Honestly my fish is the only thing i got going for me now lmao. Well gl to you too bro, I will be following your post just so I can be there when you finally clear up. Acne has really killed my drive/motivation to do anything I just want to stay home and let the Regimen work it's magic for as long as possible, I know it's stupid and I shouldn't let it effect me but that's just who I am. I am a really hard worker and I hate to lose, even to acne, so I'm exerting all my energy, time, and willpower to end this shit. Cheers to the day both of us are clear, we'll definitely get there especially with this much support from everyone!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 04/08/2013 5:43 pm

Quick update

thanks man on week 8 now seeing minimal progress, but still breaking out T-T. Where do you live? Honestly bro I lost most interests in all my hobbies, skateboarding because I couldn't control my sweating and acne, working out I have been slacking haven't been to a gym in like months, if you are into cars like me what kind of car do you have 240? s13/14? And hey I'm not a great singer but doesn't matter if your good or not as long as you love it. I just got into raising green terror cichlids (something to pass the time with and not think about acne 24/7) if you have one we should bounce pictures off each other my Caeser has grown pretty big since I got him). Honestly my fish is the only thing i got going for me now lmao. Well gl to you too bro, I will be following your post just so I can be there when you finally clear up. Acne has really killed my drive/motivation to do anything I just want to stay home and let the Regimen work it's magic for as long as possible, I know it's stupid and I shouldn't let it effect me but that's just who I am. I am a really hard worker and I hate to lose, even to acne, so I'm exerting all my energy, time, and willpower to end this shit. Cheers to the day both of us are clear, we'll definitely get there especially with this much support from everyone!

I can relate man, when my acne was at its worse I didnt want to leave my room let alone the house. Looking back Im pretty sure I was depressed for awhile. I live in Kansas where the winters are harsh, which I do think contributed to my acne. I raised some electric yellow cichlids for awhile until they got to agressive for my other fish, after awhile It was a lot of managment to keep the aquarium so I ended up getting rid of it. However I am saving up for a 125 gallon tank so I can start all over lol. Trust me man, I know exactly how you feel, I felt it and feel it still! As I said before acne sufferers are somewhat in a brotherhood, its something you cant explain to other people but all sufferers know the crazy effects acne can have. If I learned anything from my expereince tho its we all have to try not to let acne control our lives (I know its easier said that done). For me I had to find a happy medium, I started going to the gym again recently, wear a hoody and I go at times where there are very minimal people. That way I get to workout and do what I love, and the hoody and less people are my way of dealing with the insecurities. As I gain some confidence back ill shed the hoody and go at normal people times lol. Its a process to get rid of acne but its a process to recover emotionally as well. As for sweating, I play a lot of basketball and I sweat when I do, I started just playing before my nightime regimen routine so that works out well. Stick with the regimen man! As you can tell from my blog it I broke out even pass month 2! But slowly the breakouts are getting smaller and more manageable, and hopefully go away for good in the upcoming months!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 05/12/2013 7:51 pm

Its Been awhile! OVER 4 MONTHs in already!

Finals and school going and life problems making me go slightly insane lol but as far as acne itself doing really good! Nothing new occassioanl little one here and there but no cyst for a logn time time, knock on wood! Skin is STILL slightly flaky some days but more often than not its pretty good. Only thing left is the hyperpigmentation, which is fading bit by bit every month that passes by, im thinking another 2 months and some will have dissapeared completely! Happy others day everyone and good luck to all the college students out there on your finals! Life would be even better when schools over!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 05/27/2013 11:13 am

SUMMER! I got a 4.0 this semester in UNI too aww it was a small miracle i tell ya! lol. I think finals stressed me out cuz i did get a small breakout. Most of its gone already except one that I picked at and then it scabbed over and fell off now its a little pink. hopefully goes away soon! Other than that skin is doing pretty good, still have hyperpigmentation which is sloooowwly fading at least. Happy memorial day everyone happy BBQing dont burn your eyebrows off lol!

MemberMember
(@darknight188)

Posted : 06/08/2013 7:57 pm

I'm so glad I came across your thread. I'm a 25 year old male and I'm on my third week of the regiment. I tried it a couple of years ago and I think I gave up too soon. It sucks because some days you think it's improving and then BAM!, your face explodes. Shaving sucks because I have cysts and they explode and pus/blood runs all over my face. I'm going to start shaving lightly every day now. I hope to one day be clear. Thanks for your blog.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 07/02/2013 7:25 pm

Its almost been 6 MONTHS!

Whew times flies doesnt it. I actually decreased my dosage of bp over the past month or so to just one pump and its been working out great for me! Thinking back to where I was when i started and where I am now makes me so happy! I am very glad i stuck to the regimen and I definatly would reccomend it! Also special thanks to abybar for keeping me motivated and for the advice here and there. It gets better acne sufferers! Keep your spirits high! Also happy early independance day errbody!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 07/24/2013 6:49 pm

Hello again fellow org members! So for those who follow,you know i dropped my dosage of bp down to 1 pump about a month ago and so far its going really really well! flakiness is down to very very minimal and acne is still controlled! Knock on wood! Anyway ive been experimenting even further by purposely skipping the bp all together during the night time routine and so far its also been goign really well! I still do the cleanse and mousterizing part of the regimen at night tho.

Hopefully one day I can get off the bp all together!

Love you all and there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Laugh as long as you live, love as long as you breathe

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:37 pm

I read your log earlier and I have to say, your persistence is inspirational! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:15 pm

So I got a HUGE pimple on my nose a few days ago, (seems like the big ones love my nose....) Anyway its the notorious nose pimple that pretty sure we all hate. Steamed my face over boiling water for 15 mins followed by a hot hot shower. Then pop that sucker back to the stone ages lol. I know i know 90% of the time when i try to pop a pimple i regret it severely but this time I think the boiling water and shower made it work because it went kablamo with no problem! Now just dealing with redness and imflammation but at least it can start healing! Anyway I like to hear myself talk probably why i still go on this site haha.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:26 pm

So I got a HUGE pimple on my nose a few days ago, (seems like the big ones love my nose....) Anyway its the notorious nose pimple that pretty sure we all hate. Steamed my face over boiling water for 15 mins followed by a hot hot shower. Then pop that sucker back to the stone ages lol. I know i know 90% of the time when i try to pop a pimple i regret it severely but this time I think the boiling water and shower made it work because it went kablamo with no problem! Now just dealing with redness and imflammation but at least it can start healing! Anyway I like to hear myself talk probably why i still go on this site haha.

apart from that one are you still doing well with just using the BP during the day?

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:13 pm

>So I got a HUGE pimple on my nose a few days ago, (seems like the big ones love my nose....) Anyway its the notorious nose pimple that pretty sure we all hate. Steamed my face over boiling water for 15 mins followed by a hot hot shower. Then pop that sucker back to the stone ages lol. I know i know 90% of the time when i try to pop a pimple i regret it severely but this time I think the boiling water and shower made it work because it went kablamo with no problem! Now just dealing with redness and imflammation but at least it can start healing! Anyway I like to hear myself talk probably why i still go on this site haha.

apart from that one are you still doing well with just using the BP during the day?

Yep! ITs working out great I only use ONE pump and its only during the daytime now. Its a very good managment dosage i think. I even have beeen experimenenting with skipping a day entirely without bp and have only done it once but so far no ill effects. Im hoping to slpowy weed myself off bp entirely eventually.