Notifications
Clear all

Log For The Regimen

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:00 am

Hi Everybody. I just started "The Regimen" with Dan's products including jojoba oil. I have been on The Regimen for 3 full days now. I am 21 years old and have sensitive, Irish skin. I have had acne in varying forms of severity since I was about 18 years old. One of my biggest issues over the years has been popping pimples. I was intrigued by Dan's product because like most people on these forums I have tried everything to the point that I am a firm believer that we simply grow out of acne at some point in our lives. Dan's regimen is essentially a last-gas effort for me in terms of shelling out loads of money for solutions or control of my acne.

Anyways I follow Dan's regimen very strictly. I do the regimen 11-12 hours apart and try to do any exercising right before I do either one of the cleansing periods. I include the jojoba oil with the moisturizer only at night because I notice that the oil cause a weird shine on my forehead (I only use a maximum of 5 drops).

I also take 50mg of zinc, fish oil, vitamin D(winter time only), and a probiotic.

Day 4

Started the regimen with no acne on cheeks, 1-2 pimples/small cysts around the chin/mouth area and the worst acne(cysts) in the right upper corner of my forehead. I also had pimples underneath the skin of my forehead in various areas, but nothing really noticeable in that respect.

By today, my entire forehead has broken out relatively bad (8-10 small/medium cysts) and that problem area I started out with has not really changed its state for the better or worse-just more in more areas of forehead. There are now 3-4 small cysts in chin/mouth area as well.

Pros-I do like the moisturizer for what its worth and the cysts and pimples do have a much shorter lifespan.

I have followed various other regimens out there that admit an initial purging period followed by better skin over the next 2-3 months. When I reach the 10-12 week state I get told that sometimes it takes longer and so on.

I truly hope the regimen is different. I am looking forward to keeping this log.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/19/2013 12:20 pm

Day 5

Couple things I have noticed

The problem areas on my forehead are still there loud and proud, but the irratation around those spots have faded a crazy amount within 24 period from last post. I am optimistic. I probaly have about 5-6 moderate cysts on my forehead and 3-4 around chin/mouth area. the verdict is up in the air about the jojoba oil. I am now only using 3 drops with the moisturizer, but I am getting a shiny skin look from it. I will keep using it though. I will point out that I have sensitive/oily skin to begin with.

being a workout freak that I am-I am also thinking about going back to drinking a gallon of water a day especially during the winter time. flushes all the bad stuff out of your system. I just take whatever milk gallon I have finished-wash it out-and just sip on that throughout the day. cant hurt

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 01/19/2013 10:16 pm

Hey I started the regimen Jan 13 so we started about the same time! Good luck to you! Hopefully we will both be clear ASAP! I havent experienced any purging yet which is supposed to happen week one or two of the regimen, have you experienced any bad breakouts yet?

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/19/2013 11:14 pm

Hey I started the regimen Jan 13 so we started about the same time! Good luck to you! Hopefully we will both be clear ASAP! I havent experienced any purging yet which is supposed to happen week one or two of the regimen, have you experienced any bad breakouts yet?

Hey, you too! I definitely broke out hard on the 3rd day, but I have found that the breakouts clear a lot faster on this regimen compared to other methods I have followed in the past, which is good. Still expecting worse things to come before it gets good obviously.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/20/2013 6:30 pm

Day 6

tough day

acne still clearing up on the forehead about 7 whiteheads/cysts up there with some irritation...but I had a huge cyst-the kind you need a cortisone shot for-just randomly shoot up out of my right cheek this morning. Its tough to understand for me...I have never had acne like that on my cheeks...I think the cleanser may be breaking me out a little bit because I have not been using BP where I dont breakout...I only use the BP in the problem areas (forehead/chin).

I am thoroughly convinced that my acne is completely stress related. Anyone have any advice about stress related acne?

this forum for starters is very therapeutical and I am thankful for it.

Anyways I have about 13 whiteheads/cysts total right now on my face all in those problem areas except for the one lone giant cyst on my cheek.

Still optimistic about the regimen. I will give it 14-16 weeks to try and work its magic.

Thats all for now.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/21/2013 6:43 pm

Day 7

End of Week One

Again, I am very surprised at how rapidly acne comes and goes during this treatment process.

The first significant breakout I experienced a couple days now has calmed down a lot. A lot less irritation, everythings going down. I still have a terrible cyst on my right cheek, but the irritation around it is gone.

Normally when I have a breakout from an acne system I expect a full week of recovery-but on this regimen I notice almost instant recovery action. The regimen for me so far has cut that recovery period in half.

still expecting and ready for the worst of it to come. but I am in good spirits.

peace and love

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 01/21/2013 7:54 pm

Day 7

End of Week One

Again, I am very surprised at how rapidly acne comes and goes during this treatment process.

The first significant breakout I experienced a couple days now has calmed down a lot. A lot less irritation, everythings going down. I still have a terrible cyst on my right cheek, but the irritation around it is gone.

Normally when I have a breakout from an acne system I expect a full week of recovery-but on this regimen I notice almost instant recovery action. The regimen for me so far has cut that recovery period in half.

still expecting and ready for the worst of it to come. but I am in good spirits.

peace and love

Congrats on making it through week one! Im still getting breakouts in my problems areas leading to more awful hyperpigmentation. but i agree with what you said, the life span of the pimple last way shorter on this regimen. Glad to see its having good effects on your already!

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/23/2013 9:19 am

Day 9

My forehead looks the best it has looked since I have ben on the regimen. There is just one pesky area that has essentially remained unchanged since I started this. It is a pocket of cysts on the left upper side of my forehead right on the hairline. I shaved for the first time yesterday since I have been on the regimen and it revealed a bunch more acne around the mouth and jawline area. I probably have about 4 small whitehead actives and close to 8 red spots from acne that has gone away.

I have noticed that I really only get the red spots from former acne in the mouth/jawline area-but no red spots in the forehead area. I am confused.

My other issue has been the shine I get from the moisturizer which is made worse if I add jojoba oil (which I only use at night: 2-3 drops max)

I have had no problems with flaking which is nice-just the shine.

Feeling good about the regimen right now. I really hope the problem area around the hairline makes some progress at some point-its been there for 9 days outlasting any other acne I have had since I started.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/26/2013 3:12 pm

Day 12

WOW! Best day I have had since I have been on the regimen. I might have three whitehead actives on my entire face, thats it and they are pretty small too, barely noticeable.

All thats left at this point for me is a little bit of flaking, some pesky red spots, and overall redness in some parts. but truly my skin looks the best it has looked in about a year. I cannot describe how much relief I feel right now.

I called my dad on the phone the other day and he said he grew out of his acne right around the age that I am at right now so I wonder if my acne fading away has anything to do with that?

still though, I will say this forever-this regimen is the best I have used simply because the cleanser/BP forumla that Dan has put together really forces a rapid turnover for acne. I mean not 5 days ago I developed a horrid deep cyst on my right cheek and today all thats left is some redness on the skin nothing raised. Normally that kind of cyst would linger for 2-3 weeks and then I would have marks left over.

I am elated right now, but still cautiously optimistic. I will continue the regimen and expect breakouts to come.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/30/2013 7:53 pm

Day 16

Damn

All good things must come to an end right?

My entire forehead has blown up over the course of the past 3 days or so, but really the most today.

Its the only problem area though. I might have 2 active small whiteheads around mouth/chin area and one noticeable pesky red spot, but thats it.

back to the forehead issue-the forehead has always been the worst acne for me and I dont know why. I do a pretty good job of changing pillow covers on a regular basis, I drink a lot of water, I eat very healthy, I exercise a lot. what acne I have had in other areas has come and gone in really mild moderate form at worst, but I just get the nastiest cystic acne on my forehead. The only thing I can think of is that its diet-related and that my body cannot process milk or bread or all the refined shit they put in foods.

So this morning I started the paleo diet-no breads no milk-no refined stuff I just eat fruits vegetables chicken fish-really only the good stuff. I am still taking fish oil and zinc as well. I am purely just interested in seeing maybe if this will help-or at least to clarify if its diet related because I have read that forehead acne based on eastern medicine theories can be related to diet/digestive issues. I might start taking a probiotic as well.

thats all for now. still optimistic

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/01/2013 7:14 am

Day 18

just the start of the day-thought I would clear my thoughts with a good post.

so I got about 8 spots on my face right now which, besides a really good two day stretch a couple days ago, is the best i have had....problem is about 5 of those spots are huge and just placed so awkwardly on my face that it looks like I have more than I do, make sense? I got one in the left corner of my chin, one about a half inch from the right side of my mouth and three awkward ones along the forehead line...the remaining 3 are small unnoticeable whiteheads.

positives-the rest of my face looks incredibly...the best i have had since I started getting acne which is great...I started using jojoba oil again (only 3 drops with the moisturizer...any else notice it makes your face look really shiny? thats what I am getting from it---on the other hand I think it acts great as an anti-inflammatory.

thats it for now-8 spots-5 bad...my do an update again tonight before bed

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/01/2013 8:22 am

Most people say after the first month its all sunshine and rainbows! So Ill try my best to stick it out.The joboba oil does leave a shine for sure, I mean its an oil so makes sense. Have you tried just the moisturizer alone? I started just using the moisturizer alone at the recommended 2 pumps (1.5 in the morning, 2 at night) and ive noticed that alone moisturizes enough for me without leaving a shine. Good luck to you, ive noticed these first 3 weeks suck hard core but you can do it!

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/02/2013 1:29 pm

How are things going for you? Most times I just use the moisturizer but I notice that when I only use the moisturizer I get the flakiness. So for me its a trade off-do I want the flakiness or the shine? haha o well its the least of my problems.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:26 pm

Haha I choose flakiness over shine. I think the shine sticks out more lol. So far its been pretty rough, I got major breakouts and I think im still purging as I can see new stuff coming everyday eusa_wall.gif. Of course I had pretty deep cyst so Im guessing it took awhile to get some of them to the surface. Im hoping week 4 everything settles down and then starts getting better in the second month! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/03/2013 8:54 pm

End of Day 20

Wow. cant believe it has almost been 3 weeks. My skin looks not bad today. what i mean by that is that there are no actives on my face accept 1 underneath the jawline on left side of my neck. I have lingering red spots but thats about it right now...looks good...turnover for this acne is FAST.

Basically I have had TWO BADDD breakouts on this regimen so far and both cleared up really well...I hope this is not just a grace period before another breakout. because I would not say that the breakouts get better as in less acne...they stay the same. Praying right now haha.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/05/2013 7:56 pm

End of Day 22

Just passed the 3 week mark yesterday and I am more than happy with the progress so far. Below the forehead I have NO NEW acne forming and only 3 red spots leftover and 1 dark spot that has really been there a while but its small like the size of 2 freckles. I just purchased some AHA so that should help with the red spot clean up but I am very happy with what the regimen has done for the chin and mouth area which has traditionally been a problem area for me. Also my cheeks are completely clear besides the aforementioned dark spot. The forehead right now looks the 2nd best its looked since I have been on the regimen. I have one big active guy up in the left corner of my forehead but it does not have any redness around it, its just an isolated big guy. I also have some redness in some areas and a little bit of underneath the skin looking acne going on and I wonder if thats the beginning of another breakout? I hope not. But overall skin looks pretty darn good relatively speaking. also dealing with the shine from the jojoba oil.

thats all for now

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/07/2013 5:56 pm

Day 24

seems like whenever I shave theirs acne that just immediately pops up. Good thing is its mostly red spots and very small pimples. I have two small whiteheads hugging the jawline and 3 red spots that I previously could not see-hidden under the facial hair. I ordered AHA a couple days ago and I cannot wait for it to come-I think it will really help with the red spots which are the big problem in that area. On the forehead I had 2-3 new pimples/small cysts form, but it does not look too bad.

So right now the biggest thing for me is red spots and forehead. I would say the way my face looks today-its pretty much the 3rd "breakout" i have had, but its also the best breakout I have had-really manageable.

weekends coming up.

will be interested to see how this clears up

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/11/2013 8:28 am

End of Week 4-Day 28

Woke up today to some of the worst flaking on my forehead, but heavy moisturizer and jojoba oil fixed that up pretty good. Below the forehead my its all ready spots and 2 small actives that I can't see head of yet. I have about 5 pesky red spots. I cannot wait for the AHA to come in the mail so I can get rid of those spots. My forehead is mostly just flaking I only have 3 actives on the forehead. Skin seems like it breaks out weekly, but its a healthier breakout each week and the surrounding skin always looks better with less an less irritation.

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/19/2013 8:21 pm

Day 36 just getting into week 5

frustrating is the best word I can use right now.

dont have too much acne on my face right now but its the kind of acne that makes it look like you have more than you do because its big cystic spots. I got two big cysts in the pesky area on upper forehead the same spot that has been plaguing me since I began the regimen. I also got a smaller cyst that is on its way out on the other side of the upper forehead.

forehead is the one real problem area

below the forehead is manageable except for one F****** annoying case of lip acne the kind that looks like a cold sore, its acne! I swear! jesus so annoying its under control though. biggest problem below the forehead right now in the mouth and chin area is facial discoloration and that has really been something that has started up since the regimen really uneven skin tone very weird.

I really hope this improves because the regimen wastes about 2 hours of my day each day and I have revolved my entire life around it. I hope things improve. As of right now my face looks the same as it did the first day I started this regimen.

still gonna be optimistic