Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Log Moderately Severe Acne

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/10/2013 1:00 pm

END WEEK 4 (Feb 10, 2013)

Time goes so slow when youre in it but so fast when you look back at it. Almost been a month already! Sadly there hasnt been much notable improvement, actaully my forehead/temple exploded with 4-5 cysts at the moment. Have a shallow cyst on my right cheek and small zits on both jawlines. In better news mount everest thats been on my forehead for a few weeks finally started to shrink. I mean he was penny sized and rock hard now reduced about 50%. Also flakiness has been horrible ever since I uped the dosage of bp to full finger length, however the last few days flakiness has dramatically improved by 70%. PIH is stil horrible and the major problem right now so I think now that im getting more adjusted to the bp ill incorporate the aha at the one month mark instead of at the 6 week mark. Coincidentally my one month mark falls on ash wednesday and the start of the Lent season. All in all its been a rough first 4 weeks but I still am optimistic about month 2!

For lent I think ill give up junk food, im going to get back on a strict food regimen once again. if anyone has a meal plan figured out that they would like to share I would be happy to see it! I ate brown rice, broccoli and chicken/fish for about 2 months so it doesnt have to be very intricate meal plan. As long as I get my intake of essential nutrients and such. I also take a multvitamin and vitamin C daily. Also might add fish oil to that soon. Also going to really try to not touch my face at all except for the regimen. Im pretty good at this already but I do relapse every once in a while lol. And of course limit mirror visits. If anyone has other suggestions that might help please do tell!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/11/2013 8:06 am

DAY 29

Starting no diary, simple carbs/refined sugars, eggs, or greasy foods today. I usually eat oatmeal and eggs for breakfast but I heard eggs can be a cause. However Im finding it difficult to find a replacement for the protien/zinc/nutrients that are in eggs for my morning meal.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/13/2013 8:18 pm

ONE MONTH!!

Whoooo! Made it to the one month mark! Some of bad forehead breakout from last week is starting to calm down but still there. I can feel stuff on my jawline on both sides but hopefully BP kills it off before it cant start! First month has been hard but good news is i think im adjusted to the BP and face very little side effects from it anymore. No redness, no itching, (was severe in beginning) and minimized flaking. Still have flaking but its manageable with moisterizer. Incorporating AHA today as well! Im guilty of trying it out early tho, used it a few times already and really liking it. Helped with flaking and unlike a lot of people I kinda like the smell. I use one pump miosterizer mixed with equal part aha. Stings very minimal and subsides after a few mins. Also very good at absorbing into the skin, absorbs much faster than miosterizer alone. Hopefully aha is the answer to my PIH problem! Month two is supposably much better than month one so cheers to that! Ash wednesday is today and marks the one month mark, very excited to see how much better its gunna be by easter!

for lent im giving up junk food in general. Clean eating for next few months!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/17/2013 9:13 am

WEEK 5

Made it through week 5 and guess what today is my birthday! So yeahhh buddy! Id like clear skin please! lol For the most part it was a good week! Things started calming down and only had one breakout this week toward the end of the week =(. But good news is all small ones and willl dry out fast. Hopefully things continue to improve this week! Used aha this week as well really liking it so far, however it is a bit odd some days the flaking is really under control and some days it gets bad again, not sure why. right now my biggest problem area for actives is my forehead (odd because my forehead used to be fine), So if I cant clear that up along wtih some of the smaller stuff around my jawline and have the PIH fade away Id be golden!! Everyone on the regimen seems to have a wow things got better fast week so I hope week 6 is that week for me!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/17/2013 10:03 am

Read your entire log and i have to say thank you for putting your journey out there. It makes those of us thinking about the starting the regimen have an idea of what its all about (as not everyone clears up in a few weeks). One word of advice i have from my many years of having acne and trying different acne treatments is this: forego timelines. I think having a timeline creates more anxiety and frustration as when its not reached, we feel like a big fat failure. It's like 'oh, it says i should be clear by month 2 and since i am breaking out, i guess it doesn't work'. Everyones skin and acne is different and people will be experiencing improvement at different rates.

You have a positive minset so keep on keeping on and the rest will follow

MemberMember
(@aurielle357)

Posted : 02/17/2013 4:59 pm

Your acne journey sounds a lot like mine, LOTS of cysts in the beginning, and then tapering out to mild acne, with LOTS of hyperpigmentation. I don't know WHAT it is with cysts, but it seems like once you get one, you are doomed--they are so stinking hard to get rid of, and I know a lot of people say don't pop...but honestly, I wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of them without popping them. Cystic acne is truly dreadful. Hang in there girl!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/17/2013 9:49 pm

Read your entire log and i have to say thank you for putting your journey out there. It makes those of us thinking about the starting the regimen have an idea of what its all about (as not everyone clears up in a few weeks). One word of advice i have from my many years of having acne and trying different acne treatments is this: forego timelines. I think having a timeline creates more anxiety and frustration as when its not reached, we feel like a big fat failure. It's like 'oh, it says i should be clear by month 2 and since i am breaking out, i guess it doesn't work'. Everyones skin and acne is different and people will be experiencing improvement at different rates.

You have a positive minset so keep on keeping on and the rest will follow

no problem! When I first started I looked around for a log that would be similar to me and couldnt find one so hopefully months down the line when im all clear (hopefully lol) people can look at it and gain some information! Im guilty of being a debbie downer too lots of times but its the encouragement from people on here that really helps me stay somewhat positive. The impact of small gestures like just saying you can do it! have more influence than people realize! So truely thanks for the support!!!

Your acne journey sounds a lot like mine, LOTS of cysts in the beginning, and then tapering out to mild acne, with LOTS of hyperpigmentation. I don't know WHAT it is with cysts, but it seems like once you get one, you are doomed--they are so stinking hard to get rid of, and I know a lot of people say don't pop...but honestly, I wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of them without popping them. Cystic acne is truly dreadful. Hang in there girl!

Hello! Did you do the regimen? If so hows its going? I have a few cyst that are extremely stubborn as well! But I really really dont want to pop them because of the scarring potential. And Im not really sure how to even pop them they are so deep. Also is your PIH fading? Im a boy but I will hang in there! lolzz I do realize I talk like a girl sometimes so I can understand the confusion ;). Thanks for the support! Means more than you know!

MemberMember
(@aurielle357)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:24 am

Oh I'm sorry! Well now I'm embarrassed...yay!

Haha moving on, I actually don't use the regimen, I think the skincare system I use is in my signature, so check it out if you're interested :) I've been using that system for about three months, and I've cleared up a lot, but I still break out somewhat, and I haven't used any treatments on my PIH yet, so they've been fading a bit over time, but not dramatically or anything. I hope your journey goes well!

MemberMember
(@moontec)

Posted : 02/18/2013 7:23 am

Hope you clear up soon!!!!!

cant wait to read your next update.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:49 pm

Keep it up mate :)

I'm 4 months in the regimen and I still breakout but it's well worth it because it controls your breakouts . It goes from constant daily breakouts to 1 or 2 a week . Right now I have 3 pimples do yeah don't give up mate :) the worst has passed I hope !!!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/21/2013 11:27 am

Hope you clear up soon!!!!!

cant wait to read your next update.

You and me both! Thanks for the support!

Keep it up mate smile.png

I'm 4 months in the regimen and I still breakout but it's well worth it because it controls your breakouts . It goes from constant daily breakouts to 1 or 2 a week . Right now I have 3 pimples do yeah don't give up mate smile.png the worst has passed I hope !!!

CONGRATS on dat 4 months! Really glad youve made so much progress! And me too lol, Its diffinatly not the smoothest journey but im starting to see minor improvement by weeks and thats exciting!

MemberMember
(@moontec)

Posted : 02/23/2013 8:06 am

one question

does Dan regimen get rid of acne scars?

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:50 am

one question

does Dan regimen get rid of acne scars?

Discoloration or actual scars? Discoloration is hyperpigmentation and generally speaking will fade over time (take a llooong while tho) actaul scars are either raised or indented skin (from lost tissue). The regimen doesnt help with either really but if you incorporate the aha its supposed to promote the shedding of skin and that in turn will help with the hyperpigmentation!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/24/2013 9:07 am

WEEK 6

UGUGUGUGUHH. Two steps forward two step back type of week. Forehead EXPLODED with papuales as well as a few cyst. Got a cyst on my chin and some fresh PIH on both cheeks to add to the ones already there. It snowed heavily last few days in kansas and its really drying out my skin. The itchiness all over my body has been keeping me from a restful nights sleep even if i slap miosterizer on. I was so itchy I broke my no touch face rule and went berserker mode. Unfortunately The side that i scratched is now forming a few new pimples =(. Been using the AHA at night everyday half and half with the moisterizer and so far not much change in the PIH. PIH is still my main heartbreaker at the moment. Acne and its remains are slowly driving me to my breaking point, I think im going to explode one day.

Anywho sorry for not being upbeat but its been a depressing turn of events last few days. Cmon bring good news week 7!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/24/2013 3:22 pm

Keep up the hope man. It's still early.

Wishing you the best of luck

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/25/2013 11:44 am

WEEK 6 day one

Third day in a row that college has canceled these blizzards are crazy! Anywho was playing basketball with some buddies and realized my hair was really long so got home last night and shaved it off lol. Definitely impulse move to say the least. Anywho let the shaver slip and now have a bald spot! Haha looks like ill be sporting a hat for the next few weeks! Anywho hoping that the short hair helps with the forehead acne. Also going to try to get a humidifier if i can make it out of the driveway to see if it helps with flaking and dry skin of wintertime.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:01 am

Keep up the hope man. It's still early.

Wishing you the best of luck

Thx! Means alot, yeah still early but frusterating none the less, gunna tough it out for 3-4 months and if by then it's not better than I might just give up on the regimen :(

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:18 am

DAY 45? I think

Acne sitch is quite bad at the moment and so is pih, and it's driving me maddd lol. Anywho got a humidifier and I must say for anyone who gets dry itchy skin in wintertime get one! Itchiness on my back subsided the day I got my humidifier!

Flakiness however has returned... Idk what it is with the flakiness it comes and goes all the time. One day it'll be horrid and the next nothing, baffles me. Also I've noticed the mousterizer is leaving a yellowish tint on my skin, I'm guessing I'm using to much or not rubbing it in well enough. The yellow tint also come and goes... One day it'll be fine next day I look really yellow lol. Today I am yellow... And I'm at school all day justtttt greatttttt! Prob should be paying attention instead up updating this but hey, yolo lol.

Not sure how many pimples I have and I don't really feel like counting but it's def 10+ at the moment with 4-5 cyst. 25+ pih marks, some small some not small.

Discouraged? Yes! Frustrated? heck yussss! Angry? Very! Talking to myself? Yep. Lol.. Not ready to give up on the regimen yet but really really want some progress. Anyways long post mainly cuz I'm frustrated at the moment and bored in class, until next time!

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:47 pm

So glad I came across your logs! I just started the regimen a few days ago and it's nice to see how things are going with your journey and it gives a little insight on what may or may not happen in the coming days/weeks.

My skin sounds alot like how yours was when you started, i'm also an Asian with darker skin and hyperpigmentation is a big problem for me, as well as my skin going from mild to the moderate/severe range so its pretty cool being able to relate lol. Hope things only get better from now :)

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 02/28/2013 12:14 am

So glad I came across your logs! I just started the regimen a few days ago and it's nice to see how things are going with your journey and it gives a little insight on what may or may not happen in the coming days/weeks.

My skin sounds alot like how yours was when you started, i'm also an Asian with darker skin and hyperpigmentation is a big problem for me, as well as my skin going from mild to the moderate/severe range so its pretty cool being able to relate lol. Hope things only get better from now :)

Hello! Thx for the support! And yeah hyperpigmentation is horrible issue for Asian skin sucks pretty bad xP. And yes! I made this log for myself and partly because I when I started I couldn't find any other logs with circumstances like mine! I hope my log helps you and good luck on your journey!!! If you have questions I'm glad to share what little knowledge I've gained so far, and maybe even make your own log. It's a great way to vent on bad days lol!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/03/2013 8:58 am

WEEK 7

Good news is im down to only 3 active cysts! And zero new cyst breakouts all week! However bad news is I broke out pretty bad with papules and pustules this week, although these are smaller and much more manageable than cyst are! PIH is also still very bad on both sides, Really tempted to just tan when summer hits, ive heard both sides however to this story. Some people say its horrible and others say its good for PIH. But for now ill just stay consistent with the regimen and use the aha nightly. Only side effect of bp that remains is flakiness on some days, other than that i believe ive completely adjusted to the full finger length. Other than that same ol same ol, optimistic about week 8 and month number 3 coming up!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 03/03/2013 4:30 pm

WEEK 7

Good news is im down to only 3 active cysts! And zero new cyst breakouts all week! However bad news is I broke out pretty bad with papules and pustules this week, although these are smaller and much more manageable than cyst are! PIH is also still very bad on both sides, Really tempted to just tan when summer hits, ive heard both sides however to this story. Some people say its horrible and others say its good for PIH. But for now ill just stay consistent with the regimen and use the aha nightly. Only side effect of bp that remains is flakiness on some days, other than that i believe ive completely adjusted to the full finger length. Other than that same ol same ol, optimistic about week 8 and month number 3 coming up!

I'm so glad you are seeing positive results now.

Hoping that from here and out you receive nothing but positive results from the regimen :)

As for the sun tanning, honestly I wouldn't consider it for fading pih but when people are desperate for a cure they try all these forms of methods, out of pure desperation.

Reason being because the suns emission can alter your DNA structure within your cells causing skin cancer . I mean obvious you'd have to be expose to the sub unprotectively for a vast amount but either way you are exposing your skin to sun burns and premature aging . If you don't mind my Input on your scars and pih just allow them to heal on their own and even at times the BP will help bleach the spots . You can also try glycolic peels . I've performed a couple and it helps however, you'd have to do more than a peel. Approx. like 10 to see optimal results . Patience is a virtue . Keep it up :)

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/03/2013 6:47 pm

WEEK 7

I'm so glad you are seeing positive results now.

Hoping that from here and out you receive nothing but positive results from the regimen smile.png

As for the sun tanning, honestly I wouldn't consider it for fading pih but when people are desperate for a cure they try all these forms of methods, out of pure desperation.

Reason being because the suns emission can alter your DNA structure within your cells causing skin cancer . I mean obvious you'd have to be expose to the sub unprotectively for a vast amount but either way you are exposing your skin to sun burns and premature aging . If you don't mind my Input on your scars and pih just allow them to heal on their own and even at times the BP will help bleach the spots . You can also try glycolic peels . I've performed a couple and it helps however, you'd have to do more than a peel. Approx. like 10 to see optimal results . Patience is a virtue . Keep it up smile.png

You and me both! hopefully that is the end of all the cystic acne breakouts and its clear skies ahead :). Now hopefully no breakouts at all this week! OH how nice that would beeeeee. Oh didnt know all that lol, however in summer i get ALOT of sun usually and I dont exactly know how to avoid it so goign to be quite the dilemma. As for the peels im a wee bit scared to do them haha ( im a pansy lolol) im really hoping the aha works its magic over the next few months in regards to these pih marks. Oh and thanks for the support! Means more than you know!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:21 am

Saw a video today. powerful stuff!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/10/2013 7:55 pm

WEEK 8!

Wow time flies when your doign hw 24/7! lol. College suckssssssssss. I have a test or midterm literally everyday this week! Anyway two week in a row without a cystic breakout!!!! WHOOOO But still get breakouts whiteheads and smaller ones that are really annoying still. Flaking is still an issue some days I thought it would be gone by now but it comes and goes still, also annoying. Anyway looking through old photos and Ive noticed that my skin is 10000 times better in the summer time, anyone know why this is? Makes me all the more excited for summer to come already. Still have a few "dormant" cyst that are lingering and slowing fading tho, that combined with PIH and the small breakout it still not a good situation right now lol. But improvement is def happening which is really motivating. ALmost 2 months in, month 3 is gunna be the month were its gunna be all sunshine and rainbows, im feeling it lol. Anyway, gotta fight to make it through this week and then spring break yeah budddyy. Anyway ill pray for all the acne sufferers out there that healing comes, hope you all do the same for me!