Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen Day 1 Completed

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/20/2013 5:21 pm

Keep on trucking. Do you plan to continue the regimen until you get on Accutane. What are some of the problems that you continue to encounter on the regimen. I am almost three months in and I'm still not clear in my problem areas. Doubt I'll ever get there either. But things are manageable.

Thank You! You are amazing! I will definitely do more research!

I want to continue the regimen while I am on accutane, but I read somewhere that you cannot use BP while on accutaneI will have to do more reading.

The problems ??? here they are:

-The HOT summer I live in cause me to breakout.THREE full pumps of BP won't do much to stop the breakouts ---- I may be using four pumps soon if things still don't look to good (Hot humid whether pushes more oil out the skin, thus more bacteria)

-Skin is starting to feel leathery

-The irritation form using so much BP is causing more breakouts

-I am almost certain BP is making my skin get fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the corners of my mouth

-It is super annoying to put on (I really don't mind this normally, but when I have to use so much BP it takes a long time to sink into my skin)

Also I think you should use a little more BP, try using like half a pump more just to get you through into the fall!

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/20/2013 5:26 pm

Keep on trucking. Do you plan to continue the regimen until you get on Accutane. What are some of the problems that you continue to encounter on the regimen. I am almost three months in and I'm still not clear in my problem areas. Doubt I'll ever get there either. But things are manageable.

Thank You! You are amazing! I will definitely do more research!

I want to continue the regimen while I am on accutane, but I read somewhere that you cannot use BP while on accutaneI will have to do more reading.

The problems ??? here they are:

-The HOT summer I live in cause me to breakout.THREE full pumps of BP won't do much to stop the breakouts ---- I may be using four pumps soon if things still don't look to good (Hot humid whether pushes more oil out the skin, thus more bacteria)

-Skin is starting to feel leathery

-The irritation form using so much BP is causing more breakouts

-I am almost certain BP is making my skin get fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the corners of my mouth

-It is super annoying to put on (I really don't mind this normally, but when I have to use so much BP it takes a long time to sink into my skin)

FOUR pumps? How does that even fit? :O

I don't think I have a small face but I have trouble finding room for 2 pumps... lol

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/20/2013 5:27 pm

FOUR pumps? How does that even fit? gasp.gif

I don't think I have a small face but I have trouble finding room for 2 pumps... lol

LOL well I have to use one pump¦wait for that to almost dry then put on the next pump¦..then wait for that to dry lol it is a process!!! A sucky one at that haha

MemberMember
(@skang)

Posted : 07/23/2013 10:13 pm

I too have had great success with acne.org's Regimen! However, the quality of my skin has mildy suffered.

You mention skin peels in your posts. I'm inexperienced with skin peels but would like to try one. Where should I start? What % and what type of brand should I get?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@kate75)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:58 am

thereisalwayshope - I hadn't read your thread for a while so had a look through just now. You have come such a long way with your skin and are looking great! so pleased for you. You deserve it as you seem such a lovely, kind person. Cheered me up! They should make you a moderator on this site.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/09/2013 7:06 pm

thereisalwayshope - I hadn't read your thread for a while so had a look through just now. You have come such a long way with your skin and are looking great! so pleased for you. You deserve it as you seem such a lovely, kind person. Cheered me up! They should make you a moderator on this site.

Oh you are just wonderful 🙂 I remember you very well hun! You helped me in my early acne days!

Hello everyone check out my NEW POST!!!! It is for a new regimen!!!!

Love you all! I cant wait to be back on this site 🙂

Link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/333227-bp-outthyme-in-new-regimen-log/#entry3381600

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/02/2014 12:02 am

Day ~ I have no clue UPDATE:

Goodness I have no clue why I have neglected coming back to update my topic. Trust me it is not because I am 100% clear. Nope. That is not the case. I blame it on a really rough semester at school.

Anyway, regarding my skin. I am about 90% or more clear at any given time. My skin is doing better now than the summer months. I still get cysts every month or so and they are like I remember then ----- bloody, big, gross. I hate them so much.

I am still wanting to go on accutane within the next few months. Because I am so fed up with using BP honestly and not begin clear to me liking. Today I was reading upon this pill sold from a line called Clearzine acne Solution. It is supposedly a pill that you take to clear your acne. You can purchase it online. I will provide everyone a link here:

https://www.amazon.com/Clearzine-Treatment-Eliminates-Blotchiness-Blackheads/dp/B004OTW48Y/

You can read though the reviews yourself. And there are more vendors selling this item if you just search amazon more thoroughly for a better deal. It seems promising. I want to give it a go. But I am concerned I am going to break out in tons of pimples. I might purchase it and use it in conjunction with BP for a couple months and then stop BP to see where the pills have gotten me. I do not know for certain if I will. I will ponder upon it in the coming weeks. What do you guys think about it??? Scam??? Legit??? I am interested in your opinions! Would you try it? Why or why not!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me on this site from day one and to all those who have helped me along the way. Very grateful and will always be.

thereisalwayshope

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/02/2014 10:42 pm

On 1/2/2014 at 11:02 AM, thereisalwayshope said:

Day ~ I have no clue UPDATE:

Goodness I have no clue why I have neglected coming back to update my topic. Trust me it is not because I am 100% clear. Nope. That is not the case. I blame it on a really rough semester at school.

Anyway, regarding my skin. I am about 90% or more clear at any given time. My skin is doing better now than the summer months. I still get cysts every month or so and they are like I remember then ----- bloody, big, gross. I hate them so much.

I am still wanting to go on accutane within the next few months. Because I am so fed up with using BP honestly and not begin clear to me liking. Today I was reading upon this pill sold from a line called Clearzine acne Solution. It is supposedly a pill that you take to clear your acne. You can purchase it online. I will provide everyone a link here:

https://www.amazon.com/Clearzine-Treatment-Eliminates-Blotchiness-Blackheads/dp/B004OTW48Y/

You can read though the reviews yourself. And there are more vendors selling this item if you just search amazon more thoroughly for a better deal. It seems promising. I want to give it a go. But I am concerned I am going to break out in tons of pimples. I might purchase it and use it in conjunction with BP for a couple months and then stop BP to see where the pills have gotten me. I do not know for certain if I will. I will ponder upon it in the coming weeks. What do you guys think about it??? Scam??? Legit??? I am interested in your opinions! Would you try it? Why or why not!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me on this site from day one and to all those who have helped me along the way. Very grateful and will always be.

thereisalwayshope

I took a look at it and Im leaning towards a scam. You have to be careful with Amazon because they pay people to leave good reviews lol. Im not saying all the reviews are fake though but I dont think may of the people on there are in situations like us (have a lot milder acne). I also looked at the ingredients and it does have stuff in it that has helped people on here so you never know! I would use it with BP to start like you said though. Thats just my opinion though!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/03/2014 11:18 am

Thank you CRW24.

I know people get paid to write reviews so that is why I was not sure myself....But again like you also mentioned, the ingredients are good. So I guess we will see. I think I will wait a bit more and I might just try it. I am trying to be positive lol.

MemberMember
(@hermanlin90)

Posted : 01/03/2014 7:35 pm

Hey! Just read your entire log and was wondering, when did the redness from the initial stages of the regimen begin to subside?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/09/2014 7:06 pm

My attempt to clear my acne internally:

Okay everyone! After hours upon hours of research to find other ways to cure my acne internally I have come to conclusion that certain vitamins do it best. First I went looking on amazon for acne pills and came across one called Clearzine Acne Solution. It is a supplement and contained wonderful ingredients, however there was a big problem with it because it was really expensive for the amount given and meant I would need to reorder every 10-20 days, which in completely unacceptable on a college student budget, albeit I still splurge on my skin every now and then. So because I was not going to order this so called "acne pill" I decided to examine its label and purchase each of its vitamins and minerals myself. This option is much cheaper in the long run. I opted out of purchasing two of the vitamins, as they did not have much scientific evidence regarding their effectiveness to control and prevent acne.

I purchased the vitamins then continued my search for more acne fighting vitamins. I found many good things on our wonderful site and others as well.

So I just want to give people quick synopsis of my skin. (Check out my gallery to see my pictures from before starting the acne.org regimen). I use the regimen still to this day. It has been about a year and a half since I started. I still breakout our every once and a while, but I manage to stay about 90% clear most of the time.

Okay now to the fun stuff. There are much more link than I have posted below for you all to read up on but these are important ones to me. Here is what I am currently taking:

-Chromium 500mg ~

-Vitamin B5 3000mg ( I take 1500mg in the morning and again in the evening and I plan on dropping this to 1000mg after a couple months) ~ Read this link I beg of you: (B6 and L carnitine have been called accutane vitamins!!)

-L-carnitine 500mg ~ This is mentioned in the B5 link. The function is to "boost" vitamin B5 absorption in the body. This means that you do not have to mega-dose B6. Which is good news because severely mega dosing B6 can lead to hair loss.

Vitamin C 1000mg - Antioxidant. Many people with acne have inflammation in their bodies, which antioxidants can help with.

-Selenium 100mg ~ Very powerful Antioxidant

-Niacin 500mg ~ I use the flush version because it is the active version. I have heard of people with success using the non flush version but I wanted to stick to this specific form. helps tremendously with cystic acne. http://www.acne.org/sundown-naturals-niacin-reviews-677/

-Biotin 200-250mg ~ B6 can deplete other B vitamins, especially biotin, so I take this amount is enough to keep levels normal. I have heard of individuals getting acne taking insane doses of biotin so I stick to the amount that my body needs to function.

-Chelated Zinc 60mg ~ Heals skin. http://www.acne.org/zinc-reviews-200/ ,

-vitamin D3 ~ sunshine vitamin. Claims to cure acne. Will find links soon.

Search these vitamins yourself to see the benefits and whether or not you are willing to try a combination of these vitamins yourself. I do understand that I am taking a bunch but this is out of desperation lol. So, frankly, I do not care tongue.png

Meanwhile I am still going to use BP for the time being to give these pills a chance to work their magic (hopefully) and then I will come off of BP! Hopefully I stay wonderfully clear! Anyway I hope this post provided you with some interesting reads and let me know if you have any questions. My laptop charger is currently not working and I am waiting for a replacement, so I have to use the family computer. This means it may take me a little longer to respond than I would like, but bare with me smile.png Also sorry for grammar I do not have much time writing this!

I will update my pill progress periodically and whenever someone requests me.

Love you all ~ thereisalwayshope

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/10/2014 6:10 am

Hey! Just read your entire log and was wondering, when did the redness from the initial stages of the regimen begin to subside?

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post till now:( to answer your question my face was red until my skin got used to BP. Which you probably know better than I having recently read my post. Lol. But if i had to guess I would say two and a half to three weeks.

And way to go reading it all lol. Must have been a long read! I hope it helps you in any way. 🙂

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/11/2014 12:36 pm

Day 5 Update

Well so far I am 100% clear. Something weird has happended though. My skin is no longer oily. At all. Vitamin B5 has been known to do this. I had 2 pimples a day before beginning this experiment and nothing new has attempted to make its way to the surface of my skin. But of course 5 days is not enough to judge the efficacy and I am still on BP.

I stay 90% clear and when I begin school it decreases to about 80-85% clear at any given time (stress) and that is using 5% BP. 2.5% could no longer keep my clear. So by around week 5 if I stay 100% clear with BP ( but this could change ) I plan on using BP once a day, then using a pea sized drop of BP, then using none at all. That might take a while to get their but I will get their.

Anyway I will update on progress, which will likely be in a week or so :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:13 pm

Day 10 Update

My face is dry! I have never experienced dry skin and now it stays matte nearly the entire day. It is quite a change. I do not mind my face being dry, however, my lips are also very dry. I have to use more lip balm to help them stay moisturized. Also my back acne is 95% clear. I have had acne on my upper back and buttox for a couple years and they are nearly 100% clear. That is kind of embarrassing to admit but I want to give honest updates. As far as my face, I am still staying 100% clear. It has been nice, I must say. The dryness is definitely from the B5 and L-Carnitine. Many supplementing these vitamins also mentioned these symptoms. I am hoping these vitamins help my skin once I choose to come off BP to truly test the efficacy of my supplements.

I hope someone is reading my updates lolteehee.gif

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:32 pm

Day 10 Update

My face is dry! I have never experienced dry skin and now it stays matte nearly the entire day. It is quite a change. I do not mind my face being dry, however, my lips are also very dry. I have to use more lip balm to help them stay moisturized. Also my back acne is 95% clear. I have had acne on my upper back and buttox for a couple years and they are nearly 100% clear. That is kind of embarrassing to admit but I want to give honest updates. As far as my face, I am still staying 100% clear. It has been nice, I must say. The dryness is definitely from the B5 and L-Carnitine. Many supplementing these vitamins also mentioned these symptoms. I am hoping these vitamins help my skin once I choose to come off BP to truly test the efficacy of my supplements.

I hope someone is reading my updates lolteehee.gif

Im reading them! haha

I took B5 / L-Carnitine last year and I definitely experienced my skin became drier too.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:01 pm

Im reading them! haha

I took B5 / L-Carnitine last year and I definitely experienced my skin became drier too.

YAY! At least one person is. Did taking B5 and L-Carnitine help your skin at all when you were taking it?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:01 pm

Im reading them! haha

YAY! At least one person is. Did taking B5 and L-Carnitine help your skin at all when you were taking it?

I really think it did but I didnt take it long enough to know how much. I think I used it for a month then ran out and never bought more lol. I was also using it with Epiduo at the time. Just cutting down the oiliness of my skin was nice though.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:05 pm

Im reading them! haha

I really think it did but I didnt take it long enough to know how much. I think I used it for a month then ran out and never bought more lol. I was also using it with Epiduo at the time. Just cutting down the oiliness of my skin was nice though.

That is very interesting. Would you be willing to try it again or is your skin under enough control that there is just no need to?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/16/2014 12:34 am

Im reading them! haha

That is very interesting. Would you be willing to try it again or is your skin under enough control that there is just no need to?

Well Im finishing up my second course of Accutane right now so my skin is perfect at the moment but Id definitely give it another try if needed after this. Thats why I have been following your updates. Ive also changed some thing since getting on my second course too. I use to only drink pop and flavored drinks ect and now I only drink water. (Doubt that has any effect on my skin but who knows) I also just wash my face with water instead of face wash. (I use to use tons of products on my face and over wash it. I think that may have made my skin breakout even more). But again Im on Accutane right now so I wont be able to tell till I get off.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/17/2014 3:36 pm

Im reading them! haha

Well Im finishing up my second course of Accutane right now so my skin is perfect at the moment but Id definitely give it another try if needed after this. Thats why I have been following your updates. Ive also changed some thing since getting on my second course too. I use to only drink pop and flavored drinks ect and now I only drink water. (Doubt that has any effect on my skin but who knows) I also just wash my face with water instead of face wash. (I use to use tons of products on my face and over wash it. I think that may have made my skin breakout even more). But again Im on Accutane right now so I wont be able to tell till I get off.

I see. How long after your first course of Accutane did you begin to break out again? And it is good to hear that you drink a lot more water now. I also try and stick to water as much as possible. And I like that you were using water to wash your face instead of using chemical laden cleansers. I was doing that, and now also include scrubbing my face with sugar to exfoliate the dead skin cells. I think it has been helping my skin since I started this methods of cleansing my skin.

Thank you for reading my updates!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/17/2014 3:54 pm

Day 12 Update

So because my skin has been doing surprising well so far, I decided to begin cutting back on the amount of BP that I use. I do not know if I am doing this too soon or not, but oh well. While using Dan's BP I needed to use 4 pumps to stay 90-95% clear (but I started breaking out more as time passed), and after switching to a 5% gel BP I found online I needed to use roughy one pump to stay 90-95% clear. Starting yesterday I began to cut that amount in half just to see if I would breakout or continue staying clear. So far after three applications my skin is still behaving. I do not trust my skin. The only thing I am worried about is my skin purging. I am praying that it doesn't! My skin and lips are still dry and the acne on my body is a couple weeks from being completely under control. I am quiet happy to continue this journey!

So far here are the Pros and Cons on this new skin regimen-

Pros:

- Helps to clear body acne

- Helps to clear facial acne (from what I can tell)

- It is better than using chemicals on the skin twice a day

- Promotes skin healing

- Shrinks pores

- Less oily skin

- Natural

Cons:

- A dry face may be an issue if you have dry skin

- Dry lips ~ So you have to moisturize well

- Remembering to take your pills

- Can be expensive depending on where you buy and the brands to choose ~ But may be cheaper than your current regimen. I would go through Dan's largest BP in about a month, so with shipping the cost was roughly $40.

- Remembering to purchase more supplements before you run out :P

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/17/2014 6:40 pm

Im reading them! haha

I see. How long after your first course of Accutane did you begin to break out again? And it is good to hear that you drink a lot more water now. I also try and stick to water as much as possible. And I like that you were using water to wash your face instead of using chemical laden cleansers. I was doing that, and now also include scrubbing my face with sugar to exfoliate the dead skin cells. I think it has been helping my skin since I started this methods of cleansing my skin.

Thank you for reading my updates!

Well I hate sharing my experience post accutane on my first course because I was in such a unusual situation than most people. About 3 weeks after I finished my first course I deployed to Afghanistan and I was not taking care of my skin well at all. (Not being able to shower everyday, sweating, etc) but with that said I was still pretty clear for about 6 months then I started breaking out more. Ok now this is where things went horrible and I regret doing it lol. I brought some Differin gel with me that I had left over "just in case" and as soon as I started using that I got a TERRIBLE initial breakout and never recovered from it lol. So Im interested to see what happens this time once I get off. Sorry didnt mean to ramble on so long haha.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/20/2014 12:09 pm

Well CRW4 I truly hope that this course of accutane will keep you clear forever so that you don't have to try taking these vitamins. You really deserve it. You are a good person!

Day 15 Update

My face is clear! Hooray! I am still using half the amount of BP and staying clear so I am happy for that. I am going to stick to this for a while more then reduce that amount to a pea size amount and hope for the best. My face is looking really healthy because I have not gotten new actives so my face doesn't have new brown spots, which I despise. I started to also use AHA so that the texture of my skin can start smoothing out a bit more as well.

Anyway have a good day everyone!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/20/2014 6:07 pm

Thank you. I hope this continues to work for you too, you deserve it as well!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/22/2014 11:47 am

Day 17 Update

I got a pimple this morning! AH! It was in very close proximity to a blackhead I have had for months. I tried to aggressively pop the blackhead two days ago. Long story short I could not pop it because it was so deep and I am wondering if that irritation caused another pimple to pop up. What ever its cause I am okay with one pimple in 17 days. It is still very early in my vitamin regimen. It took more than a month to see results from Dans's Regimen and three months to get relatively clear.I was sad to see that darn pimple but happy I am not going to give up! Anyway, I hope everyones journey to clear skin is going well! And for those of you that are clear, I hope it continues that way.