Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen Day 1 Completed

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/26/2014 6:00 pm

Day 21 Update

That one pimple has definitely disappeared. Thank goodness! It is crazy that it has already been 21 days since starting and I am excited to continue. I cant wait to see what the two and three month mark will bring me. I will continue to let who ever is reading know what is going on. See ya soon!

thereisalwayshope

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 02/02/2014 10:04 pm

Day 28 Update

On day 22 I developed one pimple, which has since disappeared. As I am nearing the one month mark I have to say that I am experiencing fewer breakouts than before implementing this regimen. I still have two more months until I can completely judge the efficacy of the supplements, but I am excited for the future. I shall update soon, cheers my friends. :)

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 02/03/2014 11:57 am

Hey, I just finished reading your log and checking out your pics. Looks like you had really good success with DKR, but I'm really happy for you that the thyme is working out too! My sons are on DKR for 11 weeks now and I honestly wish they had better progress to date. Their main problem is the irritation and redness from the BP, they simply have never gotten used to it and can really only do the regimen once a day because otherwise their skin is a red inflamed mess. But by only doing once a day means they are still breaking out. Plus the red marks hang around forever with the BP so they look like they have more acne than they really do. So... it's been very hard to get to the right place with the regimen and starting to wonder if they should stick with it ??

Couple questions about your new routine... Do you find that the thyme helps fade red marks quicker? Do you use any BP at all anymore? And you use just regular dried thyme found in the spice aisle?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 02/04/2014 4:47 pm

KAmanda acne.org is not letting me quote you so I will send you a personal message. :) Expect one today or early tomorrow! Sorry for delays!

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 02/06/2014 12:10 pm

I saw your msg.... thanks for replying back! I'm sorry the thyme didn't work out for you, it sounded promising. At least you know BP works. And thanks for the tips on applying moisturizer prior to BP, I will definitely suggest that to my boys. As long as the BP can penetrate through the moisturizer I would think that would be a great way to do the regimen and avoid a lot of irritation. The moisturizer step has always been the most problematic step so anything we can do to improve on that is welcome advice. Right now their skin seems to be doing well at the 12 week mark... no new pimples and old ones finally look to be fading. So I'm really hoping there wont be anymore steps backward! Thanks again for your great advice!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 02/13/2014 12:37 am

Day 38 Update

Yay I am pimple free so far. Yes, I am still using BP but before these supplements I would not stay completely clear... ever so I am happy :). I am using a pure lemon juice toner so start fading my pesky hyperpigmentation and hoping to continued results for the future. I still dont know when I will be off BP completely but stay tuned! I will!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 02/21/2014 12:15 am

Day 46 Update:

No pimples still :) More updates to come!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 02/23/2014 6:16 pm

Day 46 Update:

No pimples still More updates to come!

Awesome! Im glad its working for you!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 02/28/2014 9:48 pm

Day 54 Update

So I am still pimple free! I am still taking the supplements I have listed and I have begun to reduce the amount of BP even further. I hope within another month if I continue the wonderful progress, that I will go to only using one drop of bp per application and from there I plan to reduce to once a day, and finally off it completely.

I have never been this clear ever. My skin is looking fabulous. I hope these supplements keep working their magic. New update in about a week!

thereisalwayshope

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/28/2014 9:55 pm

Awesome that this is working for you!

Can I just clarify, you're taking each of those supplements individually (all the ones you mentioned here a little while ago) or is it one pill/supplement with all those things in it?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 03/01/2014 12:32 pm

Awesome that this is working for you!

Can I just clarify, you're taking each of those supplements individually (all the ones you mentioned here a little while ago) or is it one pill/supplement with all those things in it?

Thank you for your wonderful words 🙂

You are correct I am taking these supplements individually! Many of these supplement I have listed are found in pretty well reviewed supplements made for acne, but taking these individually is much much more inexpensive....and they work it seem!!! I have been taking them as you can see for nearly two months and started to be clear after about week week three I am thinking and have not gotten a single pimple since. I am so happy with the results!

How has your skin been doing, and what regimen are you currently on???

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 03/01/2014 6:53 pm

Just curious are you going to keep taking all those supplements or are you going to try and find out which ones are working best for you?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/01/2014 6:55 pm

Day 46 Update:

No pimples still More updates to come!

Congrats! High five!

Do you have a pic yet? 😉

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/01/2014 7:56 pm

Thank you for your wonderful words

You are correct I am taking these supplements individually! Many of these supplement I have listed are found in pretty well reviewed supplements made for acne, but taking these individually is much much more inexpensive....and they work it seem!!! I have been taking them as you can see for nearly two months and started to be clear after about week week three I am thinking and have not gotten a single pimple since. I am so happy with the results!

How has your skin been doing, and what regimen are you currently on???

Crazy that it's cheaper to take them all individually!

I was also wondering if you think certain one's might be helping the most? But I guess that's harder to tell.

Hoping you keep seeing great results with this! 🙂

My skin is doing pretty good, thanks 🙂 I'm still using the acne.org regimen and it's working well. I only use a tiny amount of BP in the mornings and the full 2 pumps at night. Mostly it's just PIH to deal with and minor breakouts - but the breakouts are less often and easier to deal with. So I'm happy with that! I think I'll look into a few of those supplements though to see if they might help as well. And even better if I could reduce the amount of BP and still have things under control with the help of a few supplements 😛

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 03/01/2014 11:41 pm

I will be posting a picture very soon!

It is much cheaper. I bottle of that acne supplement was around 40$ and would only last be 16 days! lol so yeah going out and buying them individually in bulk proved to be the way to go. I posted some links to people from acne.org who were using some of the supplement where I began this regimen. But if I could guess I could think it is B5, l-cysteine, and Niacin + Vitamin C. One of the links I posted included a gentleman who had pretty bad acne and got clear with those supplements, and I honestly think is it them. But you are right it is too hard to tell exactly.

I am glad BP is keeping you relatively clear. If I would recommend you any I would recommend for sure B5 (pantothetic acid), Vitamin C, Niacin, and L-cysteine based on my progress and the story of one guy on acne.org. I have been using lemon juice as a toner every night and every evening and my brown spots are fading pretty fast. I would definitely recommend this! It has AHA which exfoliates and removes dead skin and is a natural lightening agent.

I went from using the regimen with 90% success, but now at 100% no breakouts is much better because I am not dealign with new spots to get rid of you know? I hope things work out for you, I am rooting for you!

Sorry Lily and Michelle it wont let me quote you guys by the way!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 12:16 am

I will be posting a picture very soon!

It is much cheaper. I bottle of that acne supplement was around 40$ and would only last be 16 days! lol so yeah going out and buying them individually in bulk proved to be the way to go. I posted some links to people from acne.org who were using some of the supplement where I began this regimen. But if I could guess I could think it is B5, l-cysteine, and Niacin + Vitamin C. One of the links I posted included a gentleman who had pretty bad acne and got clear with those supplements, and I honestly think is it them. But you are right it is too hard to tell exactly.

I am glad BP is keeping you relatively clear. If I would recommend you any I would recommend for sure B5 (pantothetic acid), Vitamin C, Niacin, and L-cysteine based on my progress and the story of one guy on acne.org. I have been using lemon juice as a toner every night and every evening and my brown spots are fading pretty fast. I would definitely recommend this! It has AHA which exfoliates and removes dead skin and is a natural lightening agent.

I went from using the regimen with 90% success, but now at 100% no breakouts is much better because I am not dealign with new spots to get rid of you know? I hope things work out for you, I am rooting for you!

Sorry Lily and Michelle it wont let me quote you guys by the way!

It has to do with the emoticons. Just delete the emoticon if you need to quote.

How many milligrams are you taking? It's difficult to overdose on Vitamin B5, but it is possible for Vitamin B3. If you don't feel like spending a lot of supplements, you can just get Vitamin B3 and L-cysteine from meats, Vitamin B5 from avocados and broccoli (yum!) and Vitamin C for peppers.

Be careful with lemon juice toners, especially in the morning. Lemon juice can contain photo-toxic compounds like limonene (when it oxidizes).

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:20 pm

Just curious are you going to keep taking all those supplements or are you going to try and find out which ones are working best for you?

I will be trying to find out which ones are working best for me. But for now I am going to just stay the course and when I am ready to experiment again I will start dropping what I think is not helping to keep me clear.

I want to go down to --> B5, L - cysteine, Niacin, and Vitamin C. I take vitamin D because I am deficient in it!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/21/2014 10:30 am

Hows your new regimen working out for you? Hope all is well hun - miss having you on the site more :-)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 05/14/2014 10:11 pm

Hello everyone. It has been a long time. I have gotten a little depressed about my acne recently and did not feel like coming on to talk about it unfortunately. I stopped taking all my vitamins and such because it was getting too expensive. But I can say that it did help my skin. I just could not afford buying the supplements to keep me relatively clear.

I am now on BP. 5%.

I went to a dermatologist today and discussed my skin. I have never been to one before. He wants to put me on Spironolactone . It will decrease levels of testosterone in my body and hopefully decrease my acne. And the second option we talked about was accutane. If the Spiro does not work then I am going on accutane to see if that will help curb my acne from coming back.

I am so tired of acne. So so tired.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope everyones skin is doing better than mine. I will start a log about my Spiro journey once I get my blood drawn. I will see everyone at the finish line!

***Also thank you for all those who have reached out to me via message boards and posts. I truly appreciate your words and the kindness you bring to this site :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/15/2014 5:06 am

Good luck with spiro! :) It seems to work quite well for a lot of women from what I've heard here on the forum.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/15/2014 3:19 pm

There is always hope, as your name says, there is always hope. I'm sorry that you are unable to continue a regimen that was working for you (I quite know the feeling). Spiro is a marathon drug so improvement may not be seen until 6 months in. Doing a log is an awesome idea - keep on keeping on sistah as we're in the same boat.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 05/16/2014 8:26 pm

Dont give up. If you find the topical route isn't keeping you clear then treating the underlying hormonal problem is the best way forward. I have found birth control and topical treatment to be a good combination, but give things time to work before considering accutane, not that I disagree with it, I really dont and if I needed to I would take it, but hormonal treatments take a while to work. All acne is due to some sort of imbalance or sensitivity to hormone levels, I think they spiro will work well for you ;) we're all here to support each other.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/10/2014 11:10 am

SOOOOO again I am going to say, I has been a long time since I have been on acne.org. While MIA I have been going to the Derm and trying to really figure out what was causing my acne. My hormones were normal, I have no family history of acne, my skin is not overly oily, my digestive system is normal, I have no food allergies and I eat healthy - so I am still left in the dark about where my acne stems from.

So I have started Accutane (30mg) with my first dose last night. I am to be completely honest, I am afraid of the common side affects that include skin dryness. I am scheduled to be on Accutane for 5 months, but I have a feeling I will be needing to push my doctor to keep me on it for 6 months for safe measure.

I am going to be starting an Accutane log in that specific forum and I will paste a link to that here as soon as I post. Hope you can stop by!

I hope everyones skin is doing better, or that you are still fighting strong to beat this tough opponent.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 09/10/2014 11:34 am

Here is the link!!!!!