Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 456 reviews

Zinc Gluconate

Dooo it
Reviewed on June 28, 2017

26, moderate breakouts. 1 Zinc Chelate tablet a day 25mg. My skin hasn't been this clear in 12 years. Where has this been all my life?

Not sure
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

I thought this worked for some time, but then nothing changed. It didn't make it worse but definitely didn't cure my skin from acne.

First Online Review Ever Because This Worked For me
Reviewed on May 7, 2017

28, 10 years w adult acne, vegetarian (so lacked Zinc in my diet). Less than a week on 50 mg of Zinc (bottle doesn't specify the type) and my skin has dramatically improved. Strongly recommend this!! Made me start my period early because Zinc impacts the menstruation cycle but worth it for having clear skin.

SO much easier/cheaper/more effective than the dozens of other products I've tried. TRY IT!

Works like accutane without the side effects!
Reviewed on April 23, 2017

PROS: Started working after two days. I stopped breaking out.

CONS: Current acne took forever to go away, like (a month)

NOTE: I do break out once in a while, but not because of Zinc. It was more my diet, but even if i do breakout now, they are very small and usually does not surface, and if it does, it is a very small pimple that comes to a head the next day.

by NattyKaramazov on 06/28/2017 17:46
Congrats dude! What form, and dosage, do you use? I have just started with zinc piliconate at 22mg
Try It!
Reviewed on February 25, 2017

Hopefully this is the comment that makes you go: "Alright I'll give it a try!". One of the 600+ comments on here was that one for me, and I can't thank enough the person who took the time to write it! Good Luck!

Stops breakout but doesn't cure..
Reviewed on February 20, 2017

I started taking zinc (50) and vitamin d3 (2200)tablets and vitamin c (1000 wit rose hip) twice a day it stopped breakout , in this two months I have had very few breakdouts that disappeared in 2-3days but it didn't do anything to my red marks on face it still looks the same when I started taking ...

It does help!!
Reviewed on October 23, 2016

I am so happy I learned about zinc. it has help to clear my skin in combination with oral Vitamin D3 and a balanced diet. I try to avoid dairy, sugar and coffee. I also use Saline solution 0.9% as a toner after washing my face morning and night, it recovers the natural PH of the skin, close pores, control Oiliness and give me a nice glow, with the advantage of being chemical free and super affordable.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on January 11, 2017

After taking 40 mg of zing per night for about 5 nights, I got horrible cysts on my cheeks and the skin around my mouth and nose became red and very dry and flaky. I was upset this didn't work for me after reading the review but I guess I just have to keep going with trial and error if I want to see improvement.

At least now I know this doesn't work for me so I won't try it again.

by San20 on 05/07/2017 16:42
5 days of zinc won't do anything. 5 days of any supplement/medice wouldn't help cure anything. Just have that in mind. My face got worse too before it got better.
Zinc, Beta Glucan or D3 vitamin?
Reviewed on December 22, 2016

I'm taking beta glucan, zinc and D3 pills for month - two, and there is no single new spot on my skin and it is glowing.

Not sure what exactly helped. Year ago, I used beta glucan and D3 as well, but many other things as well - like

green tea, clay for drinking, clay and lemon masks, and lot of other teas, not drinking alcohol a lot and eating sugar, green smoothies.

My face suddenly became horrible, with a lot of break outs and cysts, then cleared and it was clear for some time., like 2 months.

Then I stopped using beta glucan, but continued to use D3 pills. After I stop using D3, my face became inflamed again, so I

started using it again at it did not help.

This year I started with beta glucan, and D3 but brought some zinc as well.

I do eat all I want, mix of fruit and vegetable salads, gluten, white breads and pasta, fried meets and some alcohol and sugar as well,

and it seems it is not affecting my face at the moment.

Above that, I'm moisturizing face with Argan or Rose hip oil (I used Rose hip oil last year when my face cleared, but I was using it as well when it became inflamed again).

AMAZING RESULTS- please read
Reviewed on November 16, 2016

I'm 22, and I've never really had what you'd call "severe" acne- however that's not to say my face isn't marred with old acne scars. In general I don't get big pimples, I get a whole bunch of tiny little pimples that are mostly the color of my skin, especially on my forehead and near my eyebrows down to the sides of my cheeks. I've tried everything- antibiotics (which worked for a while), Epiduo (which worked for a while, but then burned my skin), creams, washes, scrubs, plain water, hand soap, face mask, honey, etc etc etc in the end I attributed it to hormones. I don't wear a lot of makeup (eyeliner, blush, and that's it!)

Finally I settled on ZapZyt cream, and cetaphil face wash, which worked really well for those 1x a week painful pimples that would pop up- the soft ones that are really tender and under the skin. Ouchie. ZapZyt kept my acne at bay but my face was still populated by those ugly little pimples.

Once a week I use a lancer to clean out black heads from my nose and pop some pimples here and there but I knew I couldn't keep this up forever- I didn't want to. I'm 22!! I was annoyed with the fact that I still have acne- in HS I didn't have much, but as a college student it was frustrating.

Then I stumbled upon an article saying Zinc was necessary for those who don't eat a lot of meat- which I don't, I literally mainly eat eggs as any kind of meat (because I just don't care to make it for myself). I did more research and gathered a list of supplements I wanted to start taking to improve my overall health- and when I did even more research on each individual supplement I found out that Zinc has a correlation with acne!! Imagine my surprise! People with acne have lower levels of Zinc in their systems than those without acne by 24%- plus one study found that it was almost as effective as antibiotics (with the added advantage of your body not becoming immune to it).

So I figured, why not? I've tried everything else and spent so much- why not try a simple supplement?

I began to take 50mg of Chelated Zinc (gluconate) and found that because it's chelated, the elemental zinc is bonded to other chemicals to make it more acceptable to the stomach and body. 50mg of chelated zinc gluconate only contains about 7mg of elemental zinc- which was perfect for the recommended daily dosage of 9mg (sourced via several websites). Humans only need a little Zinc, and too much zinc could throw off the delicate balance of chemicals in the body and you could end up with a copper deficiency.

So for a week I just stuck to 50mg ZG- and within a day my skin made a huge improvement!! My skin looked luminous- what?? no way!! it has to be a fluke! and no new pimples had formed! Plus my old ones were healing quickly. I was stunned- I kept this up and by the end of the week my skin looked great. I couldn't believe a deficiency in a mineral was what was causing all of my acne! I upped my dosage to 1 and 1/4 of a tablet and saw and even greater improvement- my acne is 95% gone now. I still have a few bumps here and there but wow- I feel so much more confident in my skin. That and the oil on my face has decreased dramatically. My skin looks very matte most of the time now and my nose doesn't need much clearing out at the end of the week (black heads). So so soooo happy I took the leap and did some research.

To test that it was the zinc I skipped the Zinc for the day and I immediately, like that same night, broke out with 2 painful pimples on my chin. I hadn't gotten my period, or done anything different so I quickly took the zinc, put on some ZapZyt and woke up to a nicer complexion.

All I do now is wash my face and put on a little hemp seed oil if it gets dry. I don't use my cream that much anymore and putting on makeup is more fun because my skin looks so nice :D

Please consider trying this if you don't eat a lot of meat- or you have an odd diet and not a usual healthy omnivorous one.

by JustaRottenGirl on 11/16/2016 17:24
Also, please take Zinc only AFTER a meal, or towards the end- otherwise you're stomach is going to rebel badly. I tried to take it after eating just a pear and banana and I was nauseous for 2 hours- it was awful. I had to eat 2 bowls of cereal to get it to stop.