Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 445 reviews

Zinc Gluconate

Zinc

Great improvements with taking zinc
Reviewed on August 17, 2016

I've bought several zinc products from ebay (optizinc) and i've noticed improvement in the skin. I didn't break out as much and the inflammation went down. Zinc addresses the hormones in the body (acne is a result of a hormonal imbalance so it makes sense as to why the zinc would help. I would say try it out and find out for yourself. I've done my research and its good to do a lot of research and zinc does not have side effects from what i know of.

Take zinc with these other vitamins and your skin should clear up ! :D
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now trying to find my almighty cure and I have finally found it thanks to you guys! Im writing this on each one of the vitamin pages that I take so I can perhaps help someone out that is going through the same thing! Taking zinc alone only helped a little but when I paired it up with these vitamins it completely changed my skin!

Ever since I switched my birth control a few months ago , my skin has gone haywire. I wouldn't say its HORRIBLE, but moderate acne feels horrible to me. I do the oil cleansing method with coconut oil and take zinc which manages it but I still get bumps here and there and it sucks and took a toll on my self esteem.

I read all over that other vitamins can help cure you from the inside. I had nothing else to loose so I thought I might as well try. I bought some NOW brand Vitamin A 25,000 IU tablets, some SPROUTS brand Vitamin E 400 IU and take it with my zinc 50 mg tablets.I take one each after I eat my breakfast. LET ME TELL YOU.... I HAVE NOT HAD ONE BUMP SINCE TAKING THESE!!!!! I am in complete shock! This along side with my habits of drinking lots of water has cleared my skin! So PLEASE, if you are feeling sad and fed up with your skin, just try it you have nothing to loose! :D

good coverage
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

My skin has got loads better, only once spot since taking it and this wasn't as bad. Eat with food and its fine. I saw results almost instantly. Even pores on nose are smaller.

by SterlingMoon on 07/30/2016 02:41
What kind did you buy?
Wasn't For Me
Reviewed on July 12, 2016

I'm 14, almost 15 in a few days. I would get one pimple on my nose every few months at 11 and 12. I've had mild acne since I was 13. I was taking zinc for 43 days. I usually took 2 supplements a day, sometimes 1, rarely none. After the first day I noticed a slight difference but then my skin basically stayed the same but I had hope if I took it long enough it would work. I stopped taking zinc about a week ago because I noticed my hair was falling out. Mind you I'm 14 and have really thick hair. My hair is pretty thin now. It doesn't look that thin but if you feel it and put your hands through my hair and scalp it feels pretty scary. I have no bald spots though. It's still falling out when I brush it but not as much. It's probably due to take 2 supplements a day (50mg each). Now I'm just gonna try only washing my face with water and see how that goes, wish me luck. :(

A must try for people with acne.
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

The first time I ever got acne to treat it I just went on birth control so it could level out my hormones and it really worked. For a year I was clear but after about a few months after my acne came back. I went to a dermatologist and she had given me take home products, done extractions, and soft peels every two weeks. My face was getting so much more clear. She also recommended I take zinc (50MG) and fish oil(1200MG). I would take it everyday and I can tell you it has made such a difference. I know you must be saying it was cause of the extraction,peels, etc., but just to tell you I have back/chest acne as well. I did nothing for my back or chest. I started taking the zinc and fish oil in January and I am writing this review in June and my chest/back don't have acne. So give it a try and stay away from dairy!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:19
What kind of zinc did you get & how long did it take for you to see results happening
My acne cure!
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I have struggled with adult acne for years. I recently started taking 50 mg of zinc per day and my skin cleared up completely in three days. I haven't had a single blemish in over a month. I wish I had discovered this natural cure years ago! I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Give it a try!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:20
are you using zin gluconate or zinc piliconate ??
by eastcoastellie on 06/26/2016 01:19
I've had great results with both, but I will say that zinc picolinate seems to be easier on my stomach. Regardless of which kind you use, just make sure you take it with a full meal.
Love love love!! BEWARE OF NAUSEA!
Reviewed on May 29, 2016

I have light/moderate acne and I have noticed whenever I take zinc tablets for an extended amount of time my acne seems to die down, and I could not be any more pleased with taking zinc tablets. It is so effective. However, zinc on an empty stomach can cause nausea. Do NOT take this on an empty stomach . Especially if you have a weak stomach. Take with a meal please

it works great
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

I tried Zinc 30 mg. Thank you, internet. Zinc is great! I have 90% less breakouts than I used to have before. Much less cystic acne. My skin looks so better now.

And don't forget: If you want to try Zinc, you must take Cooper too.

GREAT
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

been taking zinc off and on for over 2 years and it's one of the most effective things for fighting acne. It doesn't completely stop some of harmone acne but it does work for the rest. One warning about zinc is that taking too much of it can cause an imbalance of vitamins and minerals in the body, one of them being copper levels. Two months on and a month off is best.

Miracle
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I have been taking 100mg chelated Zinc 50mg morning and night with a meal for about a week now and it has done wonders for my skin I am almost clear! I have not experienced any side effects of taking double the recommended amount. I will continue taking 100mg Zinc until my skin is completely clear and this I will drop down to taking 50mg in order to stay clear.

50mg Morning

50mg Night

Acne.org Regimen Morning and Night

by AlertTaxicab on 03/13/2016 12:33
which kind of zinc you are taking ?
by Johnny Witt on 03/14/2016 17:54
I am taking chelated Zinc.