Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 441 reviews

Zinc Gluconate

Zinc

A must try for people with acne.
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

The first time I ever got acne to treat it I just went on birth control so it could level out my hormones and it really worked. For a year I was clear but after about a few months after my acne came back. I went to a dermatologist and she had given me take home products, done extractions, and soft peels every two weeks. My face was getting so much more clear. She also recommended I take zinc (50MG) and fish oil(1200MG). I would take it everyday and I can tell you it has made such a difference. I know you must be saying it was cause of the extraction,peels, etc., but just to tell you I have back/chest acne as well. I did nothing for my back or chest. I started taking the zinc and fish oil in January and I am writing this review in June and my chest/back don't have acne. So give it a try and stay away from dairy!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:19
What kind of zinc did you get & how long did it take for you to see results happening
My acne cure!
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I have struggled with adult acne for years. I recently started taking 50 mg of zinc per day and my skin cleared up completely in three days. I haven't had a single blemish in over a month. I wish I had discovered this natural cure years ago! I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Give it a try!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:20
are you using zin gluconate or zinc piliconate ??
Love love love!! BEWARE OF NAUSEA!
Reviewed on May 29, 2016

I have light/moderate acne and I have noticed whenever I take zinc tablets for an extended amount of time my acne seems to die down, and I could not be any more pleased with taking zinc tablets. It is so effective. However, zinc on an empty stomach can cause nausea. Do NOT take this on an empty stomach . Especially if you have a weak stomach. Take with a meal please

it works great
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

I tried Zinc 30 mg. Thank you, internet. Zinc is great! I have 90% less breakouts than I used to have before. Much less cystic acne. My skin looks so better now.

And don't forget: If you want to try Zinc, you must take Cooper too.

GREAT
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

been taking zinc off and on for over 2 years and it's one of the most effective things for fighting acne. It doesn't completely stop some of harmone acne but it does work for the rest. One warning about zinc is that taking too much of it can cause an imbalance of vitamins and minerals in the body, one of them being copper levels. Two months on and a month off is best.

Miracle
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I have been taking 100mg chelated Zinc 50mg morning and night with a meal for about a week now and it has done wonders for my skin I am almost clear! I have not experienced any side effects of taking double the recommended amount. I will continue taking 100mg Zinc until my skin is completely clear and this I will drop down to taking 50mg in order to stay clear.

50mg Morning

50mg Night

Acne.org Regimen Morning and Night

by AlertTaxicab on 03/13/2016 12:33
which kind of zinc you are taking ?
by Johnny Witt on 03/14/2016 17:54
I am taking chelated Zinc.
It really works! Try it!
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

First of all, sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm not an english person.

I'm 21 and by February my skin started getting acné, I used to have one zit here and one there but since February my cheeks started having the worst acne that I've ever had, cystic acne. Totally desperate, I tried almost everything, I also went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics.

One day I went to an herbalist shop to buy vitamin A and E for the skin and the salesman told me that zinc is known to help acne, too. I only bought the vitamin A and E but when I got home I started my research about zinc and I read ALL the reviews on acne.org about using zinc supplements, ALL OF THEM. (Thank you universe for this). I had to buy that zinc and 2 days after my research I had my 120 capsules of zinc (50 mg of picolinate zinc).

It's been less than a week (6 days) after I started taking it and O-M-G, it really works and it really helps, I'm freaking out with this zinc, it also helps me to sleep, I'm not tired as I used to be and my face is f*cking healing. I'm not 100% clear but my skin is way better than it was. I'm totally sure that after a month or more my face is going to be perfect! (I couldn't wait to write a review).

For your information, I'm taking 50mg of picolinate zinc (Now Foods) after breakfast and I've not noticed any side effect, not nauseas, nor stomachaches, nothing. I must say that I'm taking the antibiotics with the zinc (zinc at breakfast and antibiotics at lunch) but honestly I started seeing changes after I started taking zinc supplements (I had taken antibiotics for 10 days before zinc). So, zinc is the key.

I'll keep updating this to tell you about my progress.

give it time
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

I made an account just to review this. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I started getting acne when i was about 18. (now 24) I had never had any before that and then over the course of like two months it went from nothing to full fledged cystic acne. I get it all around my mouth, chin, and jawline. Almost nowhere else. At this time, I went vegetarian and then a year later vegan. It never occured to me that could affect anything. My doctor said to make sure to pop a B12 every now and then but never mentioned anything else. Also I went from no BC to Mirena that year. I tried everything except for accutane. Antibiotics (worked but knew this wouldn't be good for me long term), BP, SA (neither did anything), retin-a (took it for almost two years. i bought into that whole "it gets worse before it gets better" but it never did. in fact it destroyed my skin.). Switched facewash from cetephil to extremely diluted dr bronners (helped some, not a ton but helped my face not itch and be as dry), started washing my face with the dr bronners + distilled water (distilled water does help. again not a lot, but whenever i live somewhere with old pipes my face breaks out because i assume the minerals the water picks up through the pipes), OCM (this helped some too, at first it helped a lot, but then my acne kinda picked back up, although not as bad as when i was on retin-a).

After trying OCM and realizing that while it wasnt perfect, it helped WAY more then retin-a, I decided to look into more "natural" things. I looked up things that actually had been studied to have an affect and one of the first things that came up was Zinc. At first i started taking it jsut to see what happened, but as i did more research i realized i was probably very deficient since im vegan and have been for years. I didn't have the white spots on my nails but i had hang nails all the time on every single finger.

Now for the timeline:

Feb 7--started taking 15mg of zinc picolinate (thorne brand) once a day

March 7--saw no change. I was willing to be patient because all the studies seemed to be over about three months, but when i looked it up i realized the studies were based off of 30mgs so i thought about uping to that. but then i read that vegans can be highly deficient so......

March 8--started taking 100mg of zinc picolinate (blue bonnet brand) a day--50mg at lunch and 50mg at dinner. make sure you dont take it with any other medicine ( i take my antidepressent in the morning to avoid interference)

March 16--started to see a difference--no new ones, current ones seemed to be shrinking

March 19--finally at the point i didnt HAVE to wear make up. decided to cut down since it was clearing up and i know that long term, high doses arent good. Cut back to 50mg

March 26--doing better. not perfect, but way way way better. got rid of all my blackheads.

April 19--great! not perfect, but im okay with that. also i think if im truly deficient it may take my body a long time to catch up. cut back to 15mg just for maintence.

So thats pretty much it. Hopefully i covered everything. Id say it cleared my acne by about 70%. My routine is: nothing in the morning, try to avoid face make up if possible. zinc at dinner. Wash face with olive or almond oil every other night (dr bronners unscented the other night, extremely diluted with distilled water) and rinse with distilled water. on occasion (like twice a month) i exfoliate with baking soda and olive oil and rinse, then use ACV after. but really the zinc is the number 1 thing. just wanted to be thorough cause i know how much it helps.

Awesome!
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

I started getting really bad cystic acne on my chin about five months ago and nothing I did worked. They just kept popping up and the old ones wouldn't go away. I happened upon this website and read the reviews about zinc supplements and decided to give it a try. I've been taking zinc for a little over a week and all of my breakouts are completely gone! I couldn't believe it. I still wash my face every day and wash my make up brush every week to take care of my skin but I am totally acne free right now. It totally blows my mind. I was about to give up and I'm so thankful I found out about this. I take the chelated zinc tablets 50 mg but I cut them in half and only take one half a day. You have to be careful with zinc because too much in your system will deplete your copper which can cause health issues. If you have a zinc deficiency it could very well be the cause of your acne.

Amazing!!!
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

My acne comes and goes, i dont want to go beyond the limits still its not accutane as what i think as the last resort. I always stick to clean diet especially nondairy diet because it is the number one culprit for my acne. But it seems like my acne wont go away permanently im so depressed because it keeps on returning back whatever i do then i keep on researching and finally read on about zinc deficiency i noticed my right nails got white patches, i got acne, and i get easily tired andnj also read about its promising effects here on this site. I started on 1st of march i bought the chelated zing 30 mg i drank once per night and wow the results are immidiate! The next day most of my cystic acnes were drying up like zinc suck out all of the pus inside im so amazed. But on my 3rd day one pimple popped but it doesnt bother me at all. I know because im having my period soon. I will still give an update after weeks of using this product. ☺️☺️

by AlertTaxicab on 03/13/2016 12:33
which kind of zinc are you taking ?
by Ih8enca on 03/16/2016 02:30