Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 427 reviews

Zinc Gluconate

good results so far!
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

Just a little back history....I have been dealing with acne for the past 15 years. I'm now 30 years. Over the years, the severity of my acne has gone in waves, but was manageable for the most part. In February of this year I switched from the pill to the mirena IUD. The first couple of months my skin was ok....by ok I mean it would break out by but wasn't horrible. By the third month, my skin went haywire!!! Everyday I would wake up to 3-4 huge cystic pimples on my jawline and chin. My skin has NEVER been like that. I tried proactiv...didn't work. I tried 10% benzoyl peroxide...didn't work. So finally I broke down and went to the dermatologist. I was prescribed 80mg of Solodyn once a day along with Aczone twice a day. I was on Solodyn for all off 2,weeks when I had serious allergic reaction which caused my joints to hurt, extreme rash all over by body and swollen hands. Needless to say, I stopped taking it. As soon as I stopped the antibiotics my acne kicked back in full gear. So me not wanting to go back on antibiotics, I started doing some research on natural ways to help prevent acne. I came across Zinc for Acne. I was a little skeptical but it was cheap so what the heck. The first week I didn't notice anything. By the middle of the second I no longer had breakouts. I'm now into my 3rd and still no new breakouts. I've been using the Bragg's ACV as toner to lighten the scars. I also use the Aztec healing clay mask once a week to exfoliate. So far I'm liking the results of the zinc. I would definitely give it a try if you feel like you have tried everything under the sun or even if you are skeptical of long term use of antibiotics. I will post and update in a month or so.

Saw improvement taking zinc for my sebderm
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

I like taking zinc tablets for my seborrheic dermatitis. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Many of the shampoos also contain zinc and they work for treating sebderm. I think the most important thing zinc does is to reduce inflammation of the skin cells. I know I don't get enough zinc in my food on a daily basis so I supplement with a vitamin pill.

After a week of an initial breakout period this works wonders!
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

I wrote a previous review for this product on Amazon but I think the sellers hid it because I gave it one star and claimed it made me break out immeditely. It is true that this product made me break out but it was only the first inital week I took it and the only reason I am posting this is because I could find little information on initial breakouts with zinc. After a week my skin cleared up and I have not had a break out since. I have mild acne associated with hormones so in my opinion, depending on the person, this works for people who do not have cystic acne as well. I only take one a day (with a meal) because the doses are already over the daily reccomendations but try this out for at least a week or two and see what happens!

Breakouts
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I am currently taking birth control and it has really helped my acne. I read about how zinc could also help acne so I gave it a try. I don't know if it was counteracting what my BC was doing, but I started getting huge cysts everyday. I keep taking it for a month but it only got worse. It was worth a try though, you never know. Everything will work different for each person.

No words to describe its perfect
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

Its the only thing that works for me, in the past im tried IPL and it help me a lot but my oily skin problem continĂșes, finally i decide to take zinc for acne and the first couple days im not saw difference but the next days im see my pimples cured much faster and my oily skin problem dissapeared the bottle says took 2 pills with meals, but i take one with meals and 1 after exercise(before bed).

Acne with IUD - zinc cleared it right up!
Reviewed on February 7, 2015

I've always had hormonally-triggered acne, and when I got my Paragard IUD over the summer it got worse. A whole slew of homeopathic and nature-based blogs said that it might have been due to copper toxicity, and although I normally take those "diagnoses" with a grain of salt, I was pretty desperate. I started taking a zinc supplement to counteract the alleged effects of the copper, and I'm not sure what happened, but I've never had better skin in my LIFE. I'm 24 and have had acne since I was 13, but taking a zinc supplement has been such a serious game changer!!

I take a b-complex (I'm vegetarian), biotin, and 50mg zinc daily. I also run around 10 miles/week, but that's been consistent even when my acne was terrible.

I'd highly recommend trying zinc if you've been struggling with hormonal acne, or if you've recently had a Paragard placed.

The Holy Grail
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

This product is astounding. Whilst I have tried every over the counter product, this by far works 10x better than any topical product I have tried. I have only been using for a week or so, and my acne has recovered IMMENSELY! I have stopped getting my painful acne and all my scars, which there were a lot of, have started vanishing.

I have struggled with acne since age 14, I am 17 now and the acne has progressively gotten worse. Only since I have changed my diet and lifestyle choices did I see some improvement, but nothing as drastic as taking Zinc. At one point I was using ten different products a day, and I must have spent at least 750$ on treatments. Now, along with Zinc, proper exsersize , tons of fresh air and minimizing chemical junk, I have gotten an AMAZING facelift. I noticed that my acne scars faded quite quickly and the two new pimples I got have almost disappeared in two days. It's an amazing feeling right now. Hope that it lasts. You should definetly try this and see if it will work for you :)

My current treatment is:

100 mg Zinc a day

1000 IU Vitamin C

Vitamin A and E

and Copper and Iron supplements, so the Zinc doesn't hurt me

For a face wash, I use Snap Clear Skin, twice a day

And use Calendula as a toner :)

That's it, aside from a diet of vegetables, fruits and healty meat

I completely cut out Pop, carbonated drinks, chocolate and Fast food

by HAGAN123 on 02/14/2015 00:05
How do you take your supplements for food absorption?
by marceldia on 06/12/2015 12:55
I like your British accent :). Thanks for the tip!
by marceldia on 06/12/2015 12:55
I like your British accent :). Thanks for the tip!
by allievoight on 07/10/2015 23:43
How many days or weeks did you notice a difference and improvement in your acne when taking zinc?
Stopped my cystic acne
Reviewed on October 27, 2014

So I've been doing the acne.org regimen religiously for about 9 weeks and my little white heads and superficial acne has completely disappeared on my forehead. My forehead is 100% clear of acne! The regimen did absolutely nothing though for my deep cystic acne on me cheeks. Which makes sense since the acne is just too deep for superficial treatment to penetrate. I decided to take a zinc supplement due to my fear of continuously taking different antibiotics and becoming antibiotic resistant (I'm a bio major). I've been taking a 100 mg zinc gluconate supplement daily as well as a vitamin d supplement and it's working! I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and no new cysts! I'm amazed!

To avoid feeling nauseous and better help absorption, I split the pill in half and eat one half with breakfast and other half with dinner.

by ira95 on 01/11/2015 05:01
hello:) what kind of vita are you taking? and do you have any suggestions on the brand(s)? thanks!
Helped, but not a cure
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I was taking 60mg of zinc daily and it did help quite a bit but I was still getting break outs regularly, just not as bad

by allievoight on 07/10/2015 23:45
How many days or weeks did it take to notice a difference?
Did not work for me
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

Made my skin go CRAZY with acne. I had to go on antibiotics to calm it down again. Just a friendly remind that everyone's acne is caused by different things, what works for one person may not for someone else.

by rpav on 10/07/2014 15:30
How long have you tried it? It made mine initially worse between weeks 1-3, but then my skin became 90% better afterwards while continuing to take zinc.
by rpav on 10/07/2014 16:14
by rpav on 10/07/2014 21:13
by msroboto on 11/23/2014 09:22
I tried it for about a month. Maybe it would have gotten better if I kept taking it but there's no way I could have it was getting way too out of control.