Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 419 reviews

Zinc

The Holy Grail
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

This product is astounding. Whilst I have tried every over the counter product, this by far works 10x better than any topical product I have tried. I have only been using for a week or so, and my acne has recovered IMMENSELY! I have stopped getting my painful acne and all my scars, which there were a lot of, have started vanishing.

I have struggled with acne since age 14, I am 17 now and the acne has progressively gotten worse. Only since I have changed my diet and lifestyle choices did I see some improvement, but nothing as drastic as taking Zinc. At one point I was using ten different products a day, and I must have spent at least 750$ on treatments. Now, along with Zinc, proper exsersize , tons of fresh air and minimizing chemical junk, I have gotten an AMAZING facelift. I noticed that my acne scars faded quite quickly and the two new pimples I got have almost disappeared in two days. It's an amazing feeling right now. Hope that it lasts. You should definetly try this and see if it will work for you :)

My current treatment is:

100 mg Zinc a day

1000 IU Vitamin C

Vitamin A and E

and Copper and Iron supplements, so the Zinc doesn't hurt me

For a face wash, I use Snap Clear Skin, twice a day

And use Calendula as a toner :)

That's it, aside from a diet of vegetables, fruits and healty meat

I completely cut out Pop, carbonated drinks, chocolate and Fast food

Stopped my cystic acne
Reviewed on October 27, 2014

So I've been doing the acne.org regimen religiously for about 9 weeks and my little white heads and superficial acne has completely disappeared on my forehead. My forehead is 100% clear of acne! The regimen did absolutely nothing though for my deep cystic acne on me cheeks. Which makes sense since the acne is just too deep for superficial treatment to penetrate. I decided to take a zinc supplement due to my fear of continuously taking different antibiotics and becoming antibiotic resistant (I'm a bio major). I've been taking a 100 mg zinc gluconate supplement daily as well as a vitamin d supplement and it's working! I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and no new cysts! I'm amazed!

To avoid feeling nauseous and better help absorption, I split the pill in half and eat one half with breakfast and other half with dinner.

by ira95 on 01/11/2015 05:01
hello:) what kind of vita are you taking? and do you have any suggestions on the brand(s)? thanks!
Helped, but not a cure
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I was taking 60mg of zinc daily and it did help quite a bit but I was still getting break outs regularly, just not as bad

Did not work for me
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

Made my skin go CRAZY with acne. I had to go on antibiotics to calm it down again. Just a friendly remind that everyone's acne is caused by different things, what works for one person may not for someone else.

by rpav on 10/07/2014 15:30
How long have you tried it? It made mine initially worse between weeks 1-3, but then my skin became 90% better afterwards while continuing to take zinc.
by rpav on 10/07/2014 16:14
by rpav on 10/07/2014 21:13
by msroboto on 11/23/2014 09:22
I tried it for about a month. Maybe it would have gotten better if I kept taking it but there's no way I could have it was getting way too out of control.
Cleared black heads and pimples within 1 week
Reviewed on October 4, 2014

I started off with a 50mg daily supplement by the brand "Sundown Naturals" labeled Zinc 50 mg (As a Zinc Gluconate) Taking the entire 50mg pill for the first week daily with lunch. I'd say the whole pill daily is a bit much so on the second week I split the pill into two pieces. After the first week the black heads on my nose and cheeks are almost gone, the pimples on my chin and around my jawline have completely vanished along with any white heads on my forehead and anywhere else on my face. I've noticed something interesting since taking this supplement... I sleep very deep Zzz Also, food and drinks taste very intense too. I'm 30 years of age and have had problems with acne and oily skin my entire life, I can't believe this actually worked. Check with a doctor before taking this supplement, if you're not suffering from a Zinc deficiency than you'll want to take the lowest mg possible and possibly take this along with a low mg of copper.

So helpful
Reviewed on September 22, 2014

I have been an acne sufferer for as long as I can remember. Ive tried every topical and anti-biotic there is. Ive been on accutane twice and none of them have worked for me. After getting so fed up with my acne I finally tried the hollistic approach. I drink 3 cups of green tea a day as well 40 mg of zinc. Im only 2 weeks in, but ive got to say, my skin has never looked so good. Its funny how such simple things can make a huge difference. I have not been getting any new pimples(as of now at least), and I could not be happier. I really recommend trying this approach. Ive had mild to severe acne for the past 8 years and really hope this is a long-term help with my skin.

pretty good
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

it makes a difference in your skin and pimples do heal faster however it is not something that will completely clear your skin ..make sure you take it with food !

Great Product
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

Definitely take with plenty of food, otherwise you will be nauseous.

I noticed a difference within the first week.

TERRIBLE!!! USE WITH CAUTION
Reviewed on July 5, 2014

After having flawless skin throughout my entire life, I became plagued with sudden adult acne at 23. I didn't know what was happening, but most likely hormones were to blame in my case since the acne seemed to flair around the time of my period. I came across a blog written by a girl who cured her adult acne by taking 30 mg of zinc for three months. Went ahead and got on a chelated form of zinc which is the most absorabed, worked fast in clearing the acne. However that honeymoon phase ended fairly early. After 1 month on 30 mg of zinc, I started losing my long thick hair, I began noticing tiny hairs on my chin and my skin and hair became extremely oily!! not to mention extreme fatigue and BONE PAIN!! turns out zinc deplet4es your body from iron and copper leaving you anemic. Without copper you cannot maintain strong bones and connective tissues, you can now hear my bone snapping every time I took a step. This stuff has ruined my life and messed up my hormones even worse. It also increases testosterone which is a major culprit for acne/oily skin and hirsutism. NEVER TAKE A MINERAL SUPPLEMENT without consulting a doctor first. I couldve never imagined the disastrous results from taking something that sounds as a simple mineral supplement. It has ruined my life.

Didn't hurt, didn't help
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I took 50mg of Zinc every day for almost 3 months and did not notice any worsening or positive progress. Every person is different so definitely try and see if supplementing Zinc works for you.