Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 444 reviews

Zinc Gluconate

good coverage
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

My skin has got loads better, only once spot since taking it and this wasn't as bad. Eat with food and its fine. I saw results almost instantly. Even pores on nose are smaller.

Did not do anything for me.
Reviewed on July 12, 2016

I've tried zinc on three separate occasions. I had oily skin and stubborn pustular acne that BP wasn't able to treat very well. The first time, I took 30mg zinc gluconate 1x a day. The second time, I took 60mg zinc gluconate (30mg x 2 a day). More recently, I took 100mg zinc picolinate, once a day.

All three times, I developed deep, painful, inflamed cysts within a week as well as a bunch of smaller acne on my cheeks and neck. I didn't wait to see whether these were just "initial breakouts" - the cysts especially seemed hormonal more than anything. Most people say that zinc either doesn't do anything, or starts clearing acne almost immediately. Since my skin only got worse, I decided to cut my losses and never continued to see whether the breakout would subside.

I did notice an initial spike in libido, which dropped within a couple of days. Overall, I was disappointed that it made my acne worse, since I had read so many rave reviews about it.

by nbar on 07/16/2016 12:27
You're not the only one. I persisted with zinc picolinate 30mg for 4-5 months which caused painful cysts on my back. As soon as I stopped taking the zinc the cysts went away. Its not for everyone.
Wasn't For Me
Reviewed on July 12, 2016

I'm 14, almost 15 in a few days. I would get one pimple on my nose every few months at 11 and 12. I've had mild acne since I was 13. I was taking zinc for 43 days. I usually took 2 supplements a day, sometimes 1, rarely none. After the first day I noticed a slight difference but then my skin basically stayed the same but I had hope if I took it long enough it would work. I stopped taking zinc about a week ago because I noticed my hair was falling out. Mind you I'm 14 and have really thick hair. My hair is pretty thin now. It doesn't look that thin but if you feel it and put your hands through my hair and scalp it feels pretty scary. I have no bald spots though. It's still falling out when I brush it but not as much. It's probably due to take 2 supplements a day (50mg each). Now I'm just gonna try only washing my face with water and see how that goes, wish me luck. :(

A must try for people with acne.
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

The first time I ever got acne to treat it I just went on birth control so it could level out my hormones and it really worked. For a year I was clear but after about a few months after my acne came back. I went to a dermatologist and she had given me take home products, done extractions, and soft peels every two weeks. My face was getting so much more clear. She also recommended I take zinc (50MG) and fish oil(1200MG). I would take it everyday and I can tell you it has made such a difference. I know you must be saying it was cause of the extraction,peels, etc., but just to tell you I have back/chest acne as well. I did nothing for my back or chest. I started taking the zinc and fish oil in January and I am writing this review in June and my chest/back don't have acne. So give it a try and stay away from dairy!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:19
What kind of zinc did you get & how long did it take for you to see results happening
My acne cure!
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I have struggled with adult acne for years. I recently started taking 50 mg of zinc per day and my skin cleared up completely in three days. I haven't had a single blemish in over a month. I wish I had discovered this natural cure years ago! I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Give it a try!

by Rsj on 06/23/2016 20:20
are you using zin gluconate or zinc piliconate ??
by eastcoastellie on 06/26/2016 01:19
I've had great results with both, but I will say that zinc picolinate seems to be easier on my stomach. Regardless of which kind you use, just make sure you take it with a full meal.
Love love love!! BEWARE OF NAUSEA!
Reviewed on May 29, 2016

I have light/moderate acne and I have noticed whenever I take zinc tablets for an extended amount of time my acne seems to die down, and I could not be any more pleased with taking zinc tablets. It is so effective. However, zinc on an empty stomach can cause nausea. Do NOT take this on an empty stomach . Especially if you have a weak stomach. Take with a meal please

it works great
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

I tried Zinc 30 mg. Thank you, internet. Zinc is great! I have 90% less breakouts than I used to have before. Much less cystic acne. My skin looks so better now.

And don't forget: If you want to try Zinc, you must take Cooper too.

GREAT
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

been taking zinc off and on for over 2 years and it's one of the most effective things for fighting acne. It doesn't completely stop some of harmone acne but it does work for the rest. One warning about zinc is that taking too much of it can cause an imbalance of vitamins and minerals in the body, one of them being copper levels. Two months on and a month off is best.

Miracle
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I have been taking 100mg chelated Zinc 50mg morning and night with a meal for about a week now and it has done wonders for my skin I am almost clear! I have not experienced any side effects of taking double the recommended amount. I will continue taking 100mg Zinc until my skin is completely clear and this I will drop down to taking 50mg in order to stay clear.

50mg Morning

50mg Night

Acne.org Regimen Morning and Night

by AlertTaxicab on 03/13/2016 12:33
which kind of zinc you are taking ?
by Johnny Witt on 03/14/2016 17:54
I am taking chelated Zinc.
It really works! Try it!
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

First of all, sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm not an english person.

I'm 21 and by February my skin started getting acné, I used to have one zit here and one there but since February my cheeks started having the worst acne that I've ever had, cystic acne. Totally desperate, I tried almost everything, I also went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics.

One day I went to an herbalist shop to buy vitamin A and E for the skin and the salesman told me that zinc is known to help acne, too. I only bought the vitamin A and E but when I got home I started my research about zinc and I read ALL the reviews on acne.org about using zinc supplements, ALL OF THEM. (Thank you universe for this). I had to buy that zinc and 2 days after my research I had my 120 capsules of zinc (50 mg of picolinate zinc).

It's been less than a week (6 days) after I started taking it and O-M-G, it really works and it really helps, I'm freaking out with this zinc, it also helps me to sleep, I'm not tired as I used to be and my face is f*cking healing. I'm not 100% clear but my skin is way better than it was. I'm totally sure that after a month or more my face is going to be perfect! (I couldn't wait to write a review).

For your information, I'm taking 50mg of picolinate zinc (Now Foods) after breakfast and I've not noticed any side effect, not nauseas, nor stomachaches, nothing. I must say that I'm taking the antibiotics with the zinc (zinc at breakfast and antibiotics at lunch) but honestly I started seeing changes after I started taking zinc supplements (I had taken antibiotics for 10 days before zinc). So, zinc is the key.

I'll keep updating this to tell you about my progress.