Notifications
Clear all

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 06/03/2011 10:09 pm

Not really honestly... although I had a lot of active acne so it was hard to differentiate between red marks and general redness. My face was really red for a VERY long time though. It's just now starting to tone down. haha.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 06/06/2011 7:18 pm

Day 185

Skin seems to be doing pretty well with minor random breakouts which I can deal with.

Fancy-shmancy for a job interview!

DRAMATIC! =P

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 06/09/2011 9:42 am

Hey Candice, hope all is well? :D

Just browsing the Org - bored at work! - and decided to read through a few logs. I wasn't around when you started yours so I'm rather late to the party. Good thing about that is that I can look through the journey as whole. I find it really interesting to read through peoples' experiences, see where they've come from and how things are turning out.

I figured out a couple of months ago that a positive attitude is key to generally feeling better. It's totally obvious of course, but I guess my perspective got messed up after spending so many years focus on my skin. The great thing is, it responds to the positive attitude and the removal of the stress related to it, then from there, it creates a positive cycle so things just keep getting better. Getting there, slowly but surely...

Anybody struggling with their approach to their skin and their general outlook aught to read your log because I reckon you've got the perfect approach.

So anyway, how did the job interview go? :)

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 06/25/2011 10:09 pm

I looked at every single post on your log, and your perseverance and good attitude is wonderful. Truly, you are a beautiful person. On the inside (which is what really matters. Outer beauty is subjective and the "first impression" based only on looks lasts all of about two seconds. Personality contributes SO much to perception of attractiveness.)

I'm completely clear, and personally, I never could stand the burning. I only ever got to a half finger. That seemed to work for me. For me, irritation was just as much a contributor to my acne. So I HAD to make sure the BP didn't irritate my skin. My body's inflammatory response is epic. O.O

For your camping/ hiking question: you could try just taking a towel and moisturizer with you? pat your face free of oil frequently? (whenever you feel you need it.) Just bury your face in the towel for a couple minutes. Lol. Not hard. Then apply moisturizer. Morning and night, use cleanser or even just plain water? That sounds pretty no nonsense to me.

I actually use the towel moisturizer thing right now. I'm on vacation in India, and it helps to cut down on oil and soften my scars/ speed up red mark fading. Oil causes acne. Water moisturizes skin. Cut down the oil (towel) and put the moisture back in (moisturizer). It's a great preventive method for me. :)

For moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. Hands down the best for me! Don't rub it in your skin, just sort of pat on. It absorbs on its own. It gets rid of flakes entirely, and the price is very reasonable. You can even get a coupon for it. It has Ceramides that attract water to your skin and all ingredients are very skin friendly and gentle. The thing is that it feels SO good, that you'll want to keep using it. It just improves the quality of your skin. :)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 06/27/2011 8:23 pm

Day 206

Thank you for the replies Paul and skinnie! =) It really means a lot to me that people gain something from my log. That was, after all, the point. haha.

These days my skin seems to be doing pretty well. I still have minor breakouts, especially around that time of the month, but the regimen seems to keep it under control.

Your words made me smile skinnie, means a lot to me that you took the time to read my log as well. I will definitely try CeraVe...thank you for the recommendation. ^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 07/20/2011 9:05 pm

Day 229

Hello all! I won't be updating this often at all anymore, but I still do use the regimen. Here are the amounts I use:

Morning:

1 pump of BP

1.5-2 of moisturizer.

Night

1.5 pumps of BP

2 of moisturizer

Aquaphor under my jaw area.

I never added more BP and my skin honestly could never take more. I still have flaking problems at times, but I am hesitant to mess with it all too much. My redness is finally starting to dissipate. Remember all, patience is KEY. Red marks can take weeks or even months to heal. For me, it was more of months. And having active acne will just keep them longer, or so it'll appear.

Chin up, just have patience with yourself and your skin. And remember you are beautiful regardless. =)

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 07/24/2011 8:51 am

Are you clear?

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 07/24/2011 3:06 pm

Nice work.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 07/28/2011 7:24 pm

Pretty much! I'll be adding pictures soon. =)

MemberMember
(@sima)

Posted : 07/28/2011 7:30 pm

Candice, you are a major babe. Goodness. You have great features! Your skin is looking awesome.

MemberMember
(@xjessaminx)

Posted : 07/29/2011 2:22 am

Hi (: I just wanted to say that this blog has been fantastic to read! I'm currently on the regimen and I'm about...six weeks/seven weeks in and even though I am noticing a difference, it's easy to feel negative at times. You're so positive and it's really uplifting to read. It's also nice to gain an idea of how other people's skin reacted and what I can expect with mine etc.

I hope it keeps clear for you and continues working it's magic ! =D

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 08/12/2011 2:32 pm

Thank you all! And please let us know how your experience progresses jessamin! =)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 10/23/2011 2:59 pm

Well all, I still use the regimen and it continues to work! Here is the amounts I use:

Morning:

1 pump of Cleanser

1 pump of BP

2 pumps of moisturizer

Night:

Same for all

A little bit of Aquaphor for under my jawline where I get really dry skin.

Just have faith and patience....a lot of patience. It can be done. =)

Without makeup...

100_6911-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@lisa89)

Posted : 10/25/2011 5:35 am

Yay, so inspiring! Congratulations Kairasa! I had a skim through your whole blog and it was really enlightening. Patience really is key, right? Your skin looks amazing now. I really hope I can be heading a similar way in a few months. Right now I'm coming up to the end of Week 3, so it's early days...

MemberMember
(@zelos)

Posted : 10/28/2011 10:02 am

Looks like the redness finally went away for you, congratulations on that. :)

I'm still using BP, after a week of not using anything (and without getting new pimples meanwhile) I started again with the minimum amount.

Well... that's what I did about 3,5 months ago but my face is still red. It's not specific spots or anything. It's just red everywhere and you can see the outline at the eyes, eyebrows and hair.

I'm really not confident to continue anymore because I haven't even upped the amount of BP. I'm using about half a phalanx of the finger morning and evening and it's certainly not as red as it was when I used more but still - it doesn't even start to fade away. Funny thing is that the dryness is pretty much non-existent.

I don't know... I don't think there are any alternatives (that wouldn't make my face red) and I don't want to stop using anything because having acne is far worse than having a red face.

I hate this stupid condition so much.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/07/2012 3:52 pm

So all...just a little update! The regimen is still working for me. Here I am, recently in Paris (with another orger you might recognize =P )! ^_^

100_7651.jpg

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 02/09/2012 12:59 am

I do have a question for you all:

Have you noticed your skin becoming a bit more...aged...I cannot think of a better way to put it, as you continue to use the Regimen? I don't peer at my skin too closely but sometimes I swear I am getting premature wrinkles. I wasn't aware that BP could cause that!

I am curious as to your experiences.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 02/09/2012 1:28 am

I've only used BP here and there since my skin just doesn't seem to tolerate it, but I've read about people experiencing the same thing. I haven't come across any concrete scientific info, but the theory I'm most familiar with is BP causes free radicals, and therefore accelerates aging. I've also read the side effects go away when you stop using it, but that's not exactly practical for BP users!

Perhaps you could find a product that sits well with your skin for the purpose of anti-aging? I have sensitive skin myself, and it's always a balancing act between products that treat acne & products that are good for the skin (though there are many products out there that do both), BP & HA, SA and aloe, etc. I've been using niacinamide gel (Metazene) for about 3 months or so now, it's antiinflammatory/antioxidant, and there's research indicating it may be good for reducing oil, and just being plain good for the skin! The formulation is really simple, which is another thing I love, less is more when it comes to sensitive skin! If the wrinkles are something you want to treat, I'm sure there's a product out there for you that'll work great with the regimen.

Another thing that works is facial massages. You could take a generous amount of regimen moisturizer and give yourself a facial massage. The increased circulation brings a number of benefits, and it's relaxing! Lastly, imo some wrinkles aren't too bad! Laugh lines and crows feet may just mean you're that much happier than the average person :)

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 02/09/2012 1:46 am

There probably is a more technical answer, but my first guess is that dryness usually leads to wrinkles. Even though regimen users compensate with a gallon of moisturizer, that's still my guess. (I mean this in a top-off-the-head guess, not really my final answer)

I'm currently using BP too, and I've been wondering the same thing! While my skin might be clearing, I've been wondering if it's going to have any negatives later...wrinkles the main concern.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's been no long-term studies on the effects of using as much 2.5% BP as Dan's Regimen reccomends, and it's effects on skin quality and appearance. If it exists I'll delete this with an apology! But I'm throwing it out there. If I come across anything more I'll let you know Candice. smile.png

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 04/12/2012 11:51 pm

Thank you for your input you two. I know my reply was a long time coming, but I was away from the org for a bit!

My concerns seemed to have cleared up. I think with the weather becoming warmer (and more humid), my dry skin/appearance issues have cleared up, so to speak! haha.

I hope you all are doing well and I still check in, so feel free to ask any questions about the regimen that you wish!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 04/22/2012 6:29 pm

After a year and a half almost on the regimen, my skin is better than ever. =) Don't give up on having patience, it pays off.

VideoSnapshot-4-3.jpg

And because I look royally annoyed in the first pic...I swear I smile! haha

face.jpg

MemberMember
(@jessielynn007)

Posted : 05/18/2012 3:53 pm

wow your skin looks amazing from when you posted your first pictures. It really shows that you have come a long way and you inspire me to stick with this. I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now and getting a little upset at times, but you helped me feel better about sticking to it. I do have a question though, throughout your acne journey, did you ever pick at your blemishes or skin? at all?

MemberMember
(@ammy)

Posted : 05/18/2012 8:31 pm

Hey did you make up in the last photos? your skin looks really amazing ! Love it ! i hope it will work out well for me =)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 05/21/2012 2:16 pm

wow your skin looks amazing from when you posted your first pictures. It really shows that you have come a long way and you inspire me to stick with this. I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now and getting a little upset at times, but you helped me feel better about sticking to it. I do have a question though, throughout your acne journey, did you ever pick at your blemishes or skin? at all?

Thank you and it makes me smile that I inspire you to stick to it! I know I had my doubts at times as well, especially when I was only a few weeks in. No, I never really picked at my blemishes except to pop the ones that would have burst on contact. As for picking my skin, I did pick at the dryness for a while. My skin had never been dry and flaky before so it really bothered me. Sometimes I still get occasional dryness and I have to fight the urge not to pick it off.

Hey did you make up in the last photos? your skin looks really amazing ! Love it ! i hope it will work out well for me =)

Hello there! =) And no I am not wearing makeup in those photos...or any of them except for one or two! And thank you so much...how long have you been using the products? I hope it works for you as well! Stick with it! ^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 08/10/2012 11:21 pm

I'm still clear! The Regimen can work long term...it has for me. Just thought I'd share a few pics. I'm a sucker for pictures. haha.

In Ireland, laughing and getting rained on!

My fianc© and I!

A good post to show my skin quality.

How are you all doing? ^_^