Notifications
Clear all

Starting the Regemin

MemberMember
(@lowes96)

Posted : 02/19/2011 9:58 pm

Hi everyone I've been sneaking around this Acne.org website reading and doing my own regimen with Oil of Olay night recovery treatment. Its been 3 weeks and honestly nothing has changed for me :( NOW NOW dont get me wrong! I'm absolutely obsessed with this regimen idea that Zhalvajegirl has going. She is right about repairing the skin cells and the Oil of Olay cream does work in improving the look of your skin! Now I have noticed that my acne goes away and heals because the BP 2.5% is working GREAT! BUT as the day progresses new acne replaces the old :( If anyone can tell me how long it takes for my face to clear or a time frame at least so I can TRY and shoot for a goal here. I know Zhalvajegirl saids it takes awhile but what is awhile? 2 weeks, a month, 6 months?

Now I'm not gonna give up I will keep at this regimen so here is my breakdown on what i use and do...

Nighttime:

Wash face with Centaphil Gentle Cleanser

Apply BP 2.5% Gel

Apply Oil of Olay Night Recovery Treatment

Morning:

Wash face with Centaphil Gentle Cleanser

Apply BP 2.5% Gel

Apply Neutrogena Oil Free/Combination Skin Moisturizer

So far I still breakout and have no control of it currently other than the acne clearing up and coming back again. Now I recently done an experiment on myself that my friend suggested. He told me that my skin was drying out from the BP (which is true it is) so I changed my cleanser from Centaphil Daily Cleanser to Centaphil Gentle Cleanser. That helped in terms of my skin being really dry after a shower. BUT the areas where BP were applied still get dry. I use the BP twice a day Morning and Night so that my skin can get use to it.

Area of acne location: upper and lower cheeks

NOW I spoke to my friend again telling him how discouraged I was by this and he said my skin is still dry and that dry peeling skin blocks pores and when oil, dirt or bacteria along with dry peeling skin WILL CAUSE ACNE no matter how much BP you put on your skin. So he said to try and experiment to prove the theory. I said OK what do I have to do? He told to me to look in the mirror I tell me where my acne was located on my face. I said on my upper and lower cheeks (cant you see!) He saids yes I do see but why dont you have acne anywhere where you SHAVE? He told me shaving does and excellent job of exfoliating the skin!

Experiment: Shave lightly the affected acne prone area of skin

LORD BEHOLD my skin tone even out, acne from last night disappeared in the morning, and that area of skin looked better and i didn't Breakout like I usually do throughout the day! Now i decided to see what happens if i didnt shave that area for 3 days, guess what? I BROKEOUT ughhhhh so I have come to conclusion that I have oily/combination sensitive skin but the BP is drying my skin causing dry skin which mixed with dirt or bacteria or oil or just plain dry skin peeling is causing my acne. But when I shave that affected area the acne slightly goes away and the skin tone evens out nicely.

Now I'm stuck I dont know what to do next as I dont wanna shave my upper cheeks everyday! I'm still going forward with the regemin but i'm getting quite discouraged, you know the old saying

"So close yet so far"

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions please let me know I've done alot of research so I can vouch for this info lol thanks Zhalvajegirl for giving me hope and everyone on this forum! I will keep you guys updated as I'm HELLBENT on getting the face I deserve!

MemberMember
(@zaiona1992)

Posted : 05/23/2015 4:08 pm

Hi... I'm using now the regmin but i'm not using the cleanser .. I'm using cliniqe bar soap .. My skin now is getting better .. I'm using the soap then BP then the mostrizer my skin is clearing up now .. Hope you see a good result , and sorry for my poor english.