Notifications
Clear all

WANTED: FLAWLESS SKIN

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/07/2010 9:33 pm

So... I've been meaning to do this... but I never got around before.

How should I start this post?

Hmm... Let's just say I've been struggling with acne for 10 years already. It was never a huge problem for me through my teen years, but now I am all grown up and the fact that I still have acne really bothers me...

I always wanted to sleep in for extra 30 mins to an hour... instead of getting up earlier than other people and put makeup on my face to cover all my acne and scarring. I want to be able to get up in the morning and wash my face and put moisturizer on and GO OUT!

BUT yeah, so It's been three weeks since I started Dan's regimen. I will be using full finger length of BP, starting tmr. So far... I'm not really satisfied with what I see. I see some changes in my skin, but I think the acne that are healing right now, are the acne that new regimen created. From pictures down below, some might think that week 1 and week 2 pictures are switched! BUT it's not. YES, my acne got worst after using Dan's regimen! it might be because my skin is getting use to it? or my makeup? but yes... I'm slowly healing from it. I still get crazy pimples and acne that I NEVER EVER had in my life. But reading all the logs and experiences people share here helped me to push through until I see flawless skin! or better skin :(

PUSHING THROUGH, I can't wait to see the differences it will make on my face!

ps: does anyone know what I should do with those white pimples (?) you see on week 2 pictures? i've never had those pimples but after dan's regimen, it appears constantly!

post-138198-1286505223_thumb.jpg

post-138198-1286505230_thumb.jpg

post-138198-1286505223_thumb.jpg

post-138198-1286505230_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@miss-lyss)

Posted : 10/07/2010 9:41 pm

good luck with the regimen, it will get better!! i'm on month 2 and still am not clear yet, ive been frustrated, but im definitely starting to see major changes in my red marks/new break outs.. just give it the full three months try before you try something else! ;)

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/08/2010 10:57 pm

good luck with the regimen, it will get better!! i'm on month 2 and still am not clear yet, ive been frustrated, but im definitely starting to see major changes in my red marks/new break outs.. just give it the full three months try before you try something else! ;)

thank you so much for the encouragement! I see that you've made a lot of change. I can't wait to see some changes in my skin.

So here's my picture after week 3. I'm stressed out and I wonder if it has to do with my acne. whatever it is... I dont think i see dramatic changes but i feel like the bumps are going away. which is good! verry good! I hope ramping up the dosage to full finger length helps me in some way.

MemberMember
(@twelvepm)

Posted : 10/09/2010 12:10 am

What else are you doing with this regimen?

What do you eat?

MemberMember
(@revelry)

Posted : 10/11/2010 10:03 am

Your skin is definitely less bumpy!

Good luck :D

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/11/2010 2:51 pm

What else are you doing with this regimen?

What do you eat?

I used to use AHA+ and tea tree oil for spot treatment. But it seemed like it broke me out even more. So I stopped using those and sticking back to basics and add no extras.

As for my diet, I dont do much. I try to eat healthy and cut back on fastfood. I started taking vitamin C not too long ago. I dont see changes but it's good for my body, so yay for vitamins.

LOG

3weeks+3days

5 MAJOR breakouts on my left cheek and 1 on my chin. It's been almost a month since I started Dan's Regimen. I see *good* changes but breakouts never stop! it's frustrating and sad... I was on the verge of quiting this morning... but pushing through... :(

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/14/2010 10:00 pm

4th week

breakouts. breakouts. breakouts.

it's so sad to see all these breakouts on my face! I dont know what Im doing wrong!!! but I keep having these whiteheads... like 8 so far... and it's weird. It comes up so quickly and I wanted to just leave it and let it dry, but no matter how gentle i am to my face, it POPS!!! little scratch or pressure ... leads to BURST!!! LOL

It's been 4 weeks already, i want to give up... some ppl saying it doesnt work on the discussion board, and it's making me wanna quit even more...but giving it another month...

arg!!!

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/15/2010 9:51 am

4 weeks + 1 day

I see that yesterday I wrote about endless whiteheads. So YES, I went back and read Dan's instruction on this regimen again and found out that he recommend you to use 2 full pumps of cleanser and moisturizer. I've been using only 1 pump. Also, he said applying BP should only take about 3 minutes and for moisturizer, about 2 minutes. But for me, I took too much time applying BP and moisturizer. I dont know if these changes will make differences on my face... but I feel good about this!!! TEEHEE :)

p.s. 3 pimples on my right cheek POPPED during my beauty sleep... changning my sheet and pillowcase... LOL

MemberMember
(@kelm7912)

Posted : 10/15/2010 4:20 pm

Sometimes the regimen takes a little while to get the ball rolling. I would say it took me around 5-6 weeks for the random, never-seen-before breakouts to go away. I guess it's the way my skin was reacting to the BP. I'll include a link to my log so you can see what I mean. Like many say 'it gets worse before it gets better'. Try and push through longer! I'm so glad I did. Best wishes :)

Link:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Regimen-J...ey-t257632.html

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/17/2010 6:31 pm

Sometimes the regimen takes a little while to get the ball rolling. I would say it took me around 5-6 weeks for the random, never-seen-before breakouts to go away. I guess it's the way my skin was reacting to the BP. I'll include a link to my log so you can see what I mean. Like many say 'it gets worse before it gets better'. Try and push through longer! I'm so glad I did. Best wishes :)

Link:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Regimen-J...ey-t257632.html

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

thank you so much for your encouragement!!! did you wear makeup during the regimen? because I do... i just can't go out without my makeup on :(

MemberMember
(@kelm7912)

Posted : 10/18/2010 8:21 pm

Aww I didn't want you getting discouraged with the results of the regimen so far, so keep at it! As for make up, I am not a big makeup person in general. I usually just wear lip gloss and eye shadow. Before the regimen I used powder make up, which I think may not be the best with the dry, flakyness that I sometimes get while on the regimen. I suppose something that's a tinted moisturizer that doesn't break you out would be a good bet

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/20/2010 1:24 pm

Aww I didn't want you getting discouraged with the results of the regimen so far, so keep at it! As for make up, I am not a big makeup person in general. I usually just wear lip gloss and eye shadow. Before the regimen I used powder make up, which I think may not be the best with the dry, flakyness that I sometimes get while on the regimen. I suppose something that's a tinted moisturizer that doesn't break you out would be a good bet

Thank you!!! I didnt really experience dryness few days back, but with the weather and everything, my face is so!! so!! so!!! dry and flaky. So thank you for the suggestion :)

LOG

4 week + 6 days

I must say... i feel like my skin is doing LOT LOT better. LESS BUMPS! I do have troublesome areas like around my jawline and my neck. but other than that... i guess my skin is finally fully adjusted to new regimen. I see some improvements, which is good! :)

very very dry flaky skin :( but it's okay. I can deal with it. and SCARS need to be gone!!! but since i am not 100% clear yet, I dont want to use other products like mario badescu's healing cream. It worked for my old scars before I started this regimen and it didnt break me out. But I'm worried that it would mess up my skin when it's incorporated into my new regimen, so currently I'm not using it. But will when my face clears :)

As for AHA+, I'm not really sure if it works or not. I think it's breaking me out, but not too sure. JOJOBA OIL... I bought it from trader joes... but I don't think it's really doing it's job. So I'm thinking about ordering dan's jojoba oil.

I want to post some pictures up. but my camera broke =(

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/23/2010 5:39 pm

week 5 + day 2

I thought I was getting better... but new cystic acne around my jawline and my neck... also there was one on my chin. and... FORGIVE ME. I popped it!!! :( and there's little scab on middle of my chin. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I just can't stop staring at my acne...

big family gathering today. i've been wearing makeup all day and felt like my skin wasnt breathing so I took it off as soon as i got home, now I have to put my makeup on because I dont want to go with my face like this :( putting makeup on then wash it off then put my makeup back on again...I wonder if this is okay.

MemberMember
(@ftweekend)

Posted : 10/24/2010 9:26 am

heya yokel,

I remember all the washing off and reapplication etc was quite aggrevating for my acne... so I stopped wearing make up all together. Maybe once a month I would Q-tip the really bad spots so they dont stand out at some big event. But they're going to show regardless - so I've stopped for the past two months and my face has gotten calmer and better. hope this helps!

Oh yah... 5th week is deceiving because your skin gets well... then breaks out again... then welll... then less breakouts... lol it's an annoying cycle but I'm kinda immune to reacting to it now.

x

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/26/2010 1:14 pm

heya yokel,

I remember all the washing off and reapplication etc was quite aggrevating for my acne... so I stopped wearing make up all together. Maybe once a month I would Q-tip the really bad spots so they dont stand out at some big event. But they're going to show regardless - so I've stopped for the past two months and my face has gotten calmer and better. hope this helps!

Oh yah... 5th week is deceiving because your skin gets well... then breaks out again... then welll... then less breakouts... lol it's an annoying cycle but I'm kinda immune to reacting to it now.

x

Hey, thank you for sharing. I was reading your logs too! and I was gonna comment on how much your skin improved! WONDERFUL!

and yes... I know... I should stop wearing makeup... but I still dont have guts to go out without makeup on. I do feel like my skin will get better a lot faster if I stop wearing makeup. but I just cant! I feel like everyone's staring at my face :( I am on my 5th week and I feel like my skin is doing better, but thanks for the warning, lol.

LOG

5 weeks + 5 days

HERE are some pictures!!! and as you can see my skin is doing a LOT LOT LOT better despite the fact that its my time of the month this week, LOL. Here's 2 pictures. One on week 4 and the other one is from today! hehehe.

I'm still taking VIT C, drinking more H2O, keeping up with the regimen. I stopped using jojoba oil from trader joes and I'm waiting for Dan's jojoba oil to arrive. Since I stooped using jojoba oil, I do get flaky skin but I feel like jojoba oil is making me break out! As for AHA+, I use it for spot treatment these days. I think it's working great as spot treatment. I heard that week 6 will be painful, you'll get breakouts all over again. :( gawwwd, please no. we'll see how it goes...

See you sooon, peace :)

MemberMember
(@twelvepm)

Posted : 10/26/2010 2:32 pm

Definitely see improvement, keep it up!

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/28/2010 8:59 pm

Week 6

i heard week 6 is going to be rough for some people and I think i feel it coming... it feels like it's an endless battle. I have new zits forming, but not major big ones. it's just small ones on my cheek and around my lip and my neck. :(

I ordered another set of regimen and jojoba oil last thursday and i still did not receive the products. The worst part is i ran out of cleanser and moisturizer but luckily i have some bp left. I cleansed my face using every last drop of dan's cleanser and put on bp and dan's moisturizer using scoopula to scoop it out.

I really do hope I get my package tmr. I can't wait til I try dan's new moisturizer and jojoba oil. YAY! :)

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 10/30/2010 9:45 am

week 6 + 2 days

still no package... now i'm freaking out?! lol.

as y'all know, week 6 is going crazy for me. one breakout after another. i thought my skin was doing better but i guess i thought wrong :(

urg. i just popped ugly pimples on around my lip and my neck. and I feel another one coming up on my jawline and my cheeks... it's horrible...

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 11/05/2010 10:53 pm

week 7 + 1 day

Log:

I got my package this monday! I was sooo happy+relieved when I saw my package. I've been diligently following the regimen even though my 6th week was JUST SO HORRIBLE. I really had bad breakouts on my neck, my cheeks and around my lips. Now, diligently keeping up with the regimen, gave me very satisfying results. I think I do see some improvements now and I hope to see more (keeping my fingers crossed). I would say I have about 5-6 active acnes and some minor bumps, which is a HUUUUUGGGGEEEE improvement.

Diet:

I'm horrible at "eating" period. I really do skip meals and tend to pig out when I feel like eating. But I was sick this week and ate real food on regular basis. I am still taking vitamin C. I started drinking this lemon juice to reduce scarring, i'm not sure how this will turn out, we will SEE.

AHA and jojoba oil:

I got dan's jojoba oil and i've been using it. I don't think it's breaking me out so I am using it to reduce some dryness and I think it really does help with dryness. I do feel little tight and itchy on my neck but it's a lot better than before. AHA+, I replace my moisturizer with AHA+ every third night. I started this to see if I can help with my scars. I said AHA works great for spot treatment before, but now I'm starting to think it really doesn't have any effect on active acne. But it doesn't hurt to put it on, so why not? :)

So, I am so so so happy that I am now able to say I see improvements! yay

pictures will be up later though :P

thanks yall

MemberMember
(@americaninparis)

Posted : 11/06/2010 5:22 pm

It looks like your face is really improving!

Unfortunately, there's an ulterior motive for my post. I need to get something off my chest. Whenever I read your blog the song in my head goes:

"Some folk'll never eat a skunk, and then again, some folk'll, like Cletis the slack-jawed yokel."

So sorry if your username has nothing to do with this! But I do feel a lot better now :D

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 11/08/2010 6:18 pm

It looks like your face is really improving!

Unfortunately, there's an ulterior motive for my post. I need to get something off my chest. Whenever I read your blog the song in my head goes:

"Some folk'll never eat a skunk, and then again, some folk'll, like Cletis the slack-jawed yokel."

So sorry if your username has nothing to do with this! But I do feel a lot better now :D

LOL. simpsons. I totally was singing along with your post. lol.

it's actually saying "YO. Kelcy (which is my name!)." lol, but that will work too. LOL

LOG

week 7 + 4 days

SEVERE dryness/flakes. My face is somewhat free from active acne, i have about 4 active acne on my face and neck, but so itchy from dryness. My neck is really itchy and feels leathery. I can't even put my scarf on because if it touches my neck, it itches so bad to a point where it hurts. I'm using jojoba oil, before and after bp, but I don't think it's doing much. I should put more moisturizer on. we will see how that will work.

so. redness from scars and dryness. urg.

MemberMember
(@ohdear)

Posted : 11/08/2010 8:34 pm

Hi yokel!

The most recent picture you posted looks great! Even if you're still struggling with breakouts it's clear that your skin is improving, which seems to be all we can ask for during the first couple of months on the regimen. I'm not sure where you live, but I've found that recent colder weather has been making my skin insanely dry and tight (even more so than what I was already struggling with on the regimen). Being surrounded by dry air from heaters all the time can really do a number on your skin. I really love Dan's moisturizer but I know a lot of people said they don't think it's moisturizing enough. Perhaps for the winter you could try something a little heavier and still add in the jojoba oil? I was thinking about trying Cerave but I've never used it before so I can't vouch for it. I'm a little nervous about experimenting with moisturizers though because at least I know Dan's doesn't break me out (knock on wood!).

MemberMember
(@americaninparis)

Posted : 11/09/2010 2:59 am

Oh good! I was a little inebriated when I wrote that, so I'm glad I didn't offend!

MemberMember
(@erynemu)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:14 am

Due to me living in Canadaland the weather KILLS my neck!! I had the same problem as you with the neck dryness and I know how much it hurts! I actually bought dove intensive care moisturizer(I know it's not a recommended product, but it's the only thing that helped) which I put only on my neck. I do it after I put the bp on and am waiting for it to dry and only at night. After that I put dans moisturizer on my face and again on my neck. I also put an extra pump of dans mosturizer on my neck alone in the morning. It has totally gotten rid of the dryness and pain! I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@yokel)

Posted : 11/10/2010 12:11 am

Hi yokel!

The most recent picture you posted looks great! Even if you're still struggling with breakouts it's clear that your skin is improving, which seems to be all we can ask for during the first couple of months on the regimen. I'm not sure where you live, but I've found that recent colder weather has been making my skin insanely dry and tight (even more so than what I was already struggling with on the regimen). Being surrounded by dry air from heaters all the time can really do a number on your skin. I really love Dan's moisturizer but I know a lot of people said they don't think it's moisturizing enough. Perhaps for the winter you could try something a little heavier and still add in the jojoba oil? I was thinking about trying Cerave but I've never used it before so I can't vouch for it. I'm a little nervous about experimenting with moisturizers though because at least I know Dan's doesn't break me out (knock on wood!).

Same for me too. I want to try a different moisturizer but I'm scared that it might mess up Dan's regimen and make me break out. We know we do not want that. lol. I live in michigan. crazy weather! CRAZY! one day it's hot and then the other day it's freezing cold. So, yes I think the weather and heater are really drying out my skin. If you do try cerave and you like it, please lemme know :)

Due to me living in Canadaland the weather KILLS my neck!! I had the same problem as you with the neck dryness and I know how much it hurts! I actually bought dove intensive care moisturizer(I know it's not a recommended product, but it's the only thing that helped) which I put only on my neck. I do it after I put the bp on and am waiting for it to dry and only at night. After that I put dans moisturizer on my face and again on my neck. I also put an extra pump of dans mosturizer on my neck alone in the morning. It has totally gotten rid of the dryness and pain! I hope this helps.

I guess it would be okay to apply some other moisturizer on my neck because I dont apply bp on bottom part of my neck... I think... but i'm too scared because my skin got LOT LOT better and adding more stuff to it might make me break out. which is big nono

but thank you for your help! :)

LOG

week 7 + 5 days

still dryness but adding more moisturizer seem to help. I always felt like 2 full pumps are too much of moisturizer but it helps dryness, so im using 2 full pumps. Two ugly acne around my lip, I don't know why i get all these breakouts around my lip urg. urg. other than that, my skin is behaving well. I started taking zinc 30mg and vitamin C as usual. I don't know what this will do but we will see. AND the pictures :))))))))), sorry if they are blurry or shaky, i took it with my phone camera. that's why the pictures look bad :( It's from yesterday. there's scarring and redness but other than that, few bumps and few activessss. hehehe.

peace!