Notifications
Clear all

AcneFree Vs ProActiv

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/18/2010 10:54 pm

I use just the AcneFree Repair Lotion and get great results. The trick is to mix a small amount with jojoba oil and spread it all over your face. Once that absorbs, apply the repair lotion very thickly directly onto the breakouts themselves (or anything that looks like it's about to break out). This really only works at night because you will have white spots all over your face, but when you wake up in the morning the results are amazing. I have never found anything that works this well to shrink pimples and reduce redness over night. Another upside is that your skin does not get as dry as it does if you spread a lot of BP all over your face.

Yeah, the AcneFree Lotion gives pretty quick results. The texture was harsh on my face, but I'd never thought of mixing it with anything. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it after it started burning out my skin, especially when I went outside into the sun, (with sunblock piled over it).

But maybe I just have sensitive skin.

I used Proactiv first though, and for me it only bleached my skin a bit and left it softer than before, making me think I had less acne because I could hardly feel the baby ones that were coming up under my skin.

In my opinion, Proactiv gives what AcneFree doesn't, vice versa. :)

But if I had to pick, long story short, AcneFree had better results when it came to clearing my skin.

Dont ever mix!!!!! By mixing the BP in proactive and the other chemicals in proactive with the acnefree organic things you create an atomic bomb for your skin. Your skin will burn like fire and your face will light up like a ruby red tomato. Your pimples wil start pussing even more and you will turn into an ugly puss mess that is hard and takes a lot of time to fix.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 01/19/2010 12:15 am

Used both.

Used proactiv for about 4 months, and acne free about 1-2.

Proactiv didn't too much, acnefree had some results at first but after the first couple weeks it made my skin worse.

MemberMember
(@butternut)

Posted : 04/25/2013 8:22 am

Hi there,

I stopped using proactiv for two months, BIG mistake, broke out terribly sad.png I recently started using just the renewing cleanser, its been two weeks and i only use it in the evening as this is the routine i had before i stopped using proactiv for two months however my skin is not getting any better or clearer sad.png

how much longer should i keep at it? and should i use the cleanser when my face is wet or damp? I moisturize like crazy yet the bumps just aren't going away sad.png how much cleanser should i use? maybe im using way too much hoping it would work faster.

-Help