Notifications
Clear all

i'm clear using head and shoulder shampoo

MemberMember
(@smoothbig)

Posted : 04/09/2006 8:59 pm

great find! nice article.

i bought the silky and smooth with no conditioner, but have only started using it on my hair because im not sure if this would work just as effectively as the classic clean. it seems like in australia they dont sell the classic clean! grrr.

any ideas? i might start using the silk and smooth because im running out of ideas.

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/09/2006 9:10 pm

great find! nice article.

i bought the silky and smooth with no conditioner, but have only started using it on my hair because im not sure if this would work just as effectively as the classic clean. it seems like in australia they dont sell the classic clean! grrr.

any ideas? i might start using the silk and smooth because im running out of ideas.

I really think it's the zinc in the product thats working, so as long as it doesnt contain conditioner, give it a go. Really what do you have to lose, I mean you obviously have acne right now thats what your trying to get rid of. It couldnt make it too much worse if it doesnt work, just add it to your pile of stuff that didn't work.

MemberMember
(@smoothbig)

Posted : 04/10/2006 4:20 am

ahh thanks mate.

okay i tried it tonite and it was okay. i spose u cant really tell from one wash. let me ask u guys something, do u use anything else afterwards like moisturiser as well?

also, does it lather on your face, or is it like non foamy.

MemberMember
(@little-miss)

Posted : 04/10/2006 6:10 am

I bought my classic clean at the weekend and washed in it. I was scared at first, but it felt ok. Haven't noticed anything yet, but its only been 2 days. I will keep you posted.

I am still using BP and moisturiser too, should I stop them?

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/10/2006 7:53 am

I use a moisturizer. But Im getting ready to go onto renova if the stuff will hurry and get to me (i ordered from mexico)

MemberMember
(@rmcp2k)

Posted : 04/10/2006 8:57 am

kamstan said:

found somthing interesting that might help prove that this stuff could possibly work (im loving it so far)

[Edited link out]

great find! its said Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free, does anybody know if Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a good or bad thing?

I noticed some of you are trying it out, if you can try to use the some only and nothing else.

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/10/2006 3:29 pm

rmcp2k said:
kamstan said:

found somthing interesting that might help prove that this stuff could possibly work (im loving it so far)

[Edited link out]

great find! its said Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free, does anybody know if Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a good or bad thing?

I noticed some of you are trying it out, if you can try to use the some only and nothing else.

Practically every product out there contains that ingredient, it's a detergent. So is sodium laureth sulfate, wich that dermdoctor stuff has in it. The head and shoulders shampoo contains both ingredients, but I havent had any problems at all, in fact all my acne is going away. I want to thank the guy who started this thread, I have heard of people using dandriff shampoo, but I never knew what kind. I use it on my chest and back as well, and It's working like a charm, where as my BP stopped working for me so I was breaking out like crazy prior to this.

MemberMember
(@eudaimonia)

Posted : 04/10/2006 7:19 pm

I just finished washing my face with Head & Shoulders Sensitive Care Shampoo (moisturizing one with aloe) for the first time and immediatly after drying my face, I saw a difference. My skin was softer, cleaner, less irritated/redness, it just feels nice. I got a very good feeling that this is gonna make my skin not only healthy but blemish free. ( I have very mild acne/oil by the way)

By the way, the active ingredient pyrithione zinc is a:

Antiseborrheic

Definition

A substance that controls the excessive secretion of sebum, and reduces oiliness of the face and greasy scalp, a condition that is most common in adolescents.

I love this stuff! I highly recommend it!

I wonder if using something higher than 1% pyrithione zinc would heal my face a little faster? Hmm.

*update*

I found soap online called DermaZinc.

[Edited link out]

It has 2% pyrithione zinc along with other soothing oils. I might try this!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/10/2006 11:08 pm

How long have you been using shampoo on your face? I only ask because it seems like whenever a new product is used on the face you seem clear for a bit, but then bam you breakout worse than ever. That was the same for me when I tried Neosporin on my face. I looked great for a while, then one day it was horrible and the Neosporin made it progressively worse.

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/10/2006 11:48 pm

How long have you been using shampoo on your face? I only ask because it seems like whenever a new product is used on the face you seem clear for a bit, but then bam you breakout worse than ever. That was the same for me when I tried Neosporin on my face. I looked great for a while, then one day it was horrible and the Neosporin made it progressively worse.

I have only been using since friday 2x a day (or more if exersizing). So it may need more time, but I usually breakout right away.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/11/2006 1:01 am

Well that is good to hear. Just keep a close eye on it (I'm sure you will lol). I don't have high long term expectations with it, but I do wish you the best!

I have very mild acne, but to me it might as well be severe with how it controls my life. I've tried almost everything except for Accutane and the regimen. Accutane isn't exactly for me, so the regimen is what I'm on right now. I've always used BP with decent results, but never used it in extreme amounts like the regimen suggests. Crossing my fingers!

MemberMember
(@rmcp2k)

Posted : 04/11/2006 8:00 am

i'm so glad some you are trying and have success. This week will be my one month using headnshoulder. It feels amazing not putting on acne cream each morning and night.

if you hit the 2 weeks mark, you'll noticed your pimple will heal much faster. Some pimple will be gone overnight! That's how i noticed on my face.

MemberMember
(@keepitcoming)

Posted : 04/11/2006 8:10 am

I am also trying this method as i have always used head and shoulders for my hair and it keep dandruf away and leaves my hair smooth. I did notice that the parts where the shampoo dropped onto my face stayed clear and patches on my back had no acne where it got onto them.

At first the thought of using it for my face was ridiculous, i thought it would be extremely drying and irritating but quite the contrary. When i woke up this morning after using it for the first time my face felt really smooth and absolutely no itchy sensation, a good start i thought.

Last night i used the H&S with sea minerals in it but i've gone and bought the original like you say so im using the right one. Another thing, whats the difference between 'classic' and 'for men' ? lol.

Hope it goes well for everyone and hope we all keep updating.

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/15/2006 11:05 am

Im still loving the haed and shoulders sampoo. I use it on my chest and back and I havent had a breakout since. It's soo nice to be able to workout without worrying about breakout afterwards because before that would always happen. It was working good on my face too, but I bought the born to be mild face wash because it has 2% zinc and is supposed to be as gentle as cetiphil. I used it last night and this morning and really like it so far. I even did a chem peel and washed with it after and no probs. We'll have to see how it works as far as acne goes.

MemberMember
(@likeapimp)

Posted : 04/15/2006 4:24 pm

Well after reading everyone else's great reviews I went out and bought a 2% Pyrithione Zinc shampoo product of my own,I just used it minutes ago and my skin feels great. I'll keep everyone updated as to what occurs down the road.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/15/2006 4:44 pm

Im still loving the haed and shoulders sampoo. I use it on my chest and back and I havent had a breakout since. It's soo nice to be able to workout without worrying about breakout afterwards because before that would always happen. It was working good on my face too, but I bought the born to be mild face wash because it has 2% zinc and is supposed to be as gentle as cetiphil. I used it last night and this morning and really like it so far. I even did a chem peel and washed with it after and no probs. We'll have to see how it works as far as acne goes.

Great news! Definitely keep us updated. Thought the regimen seems to be working well for me now, who knows what the future will bring. It is nice to have a backup option should it not work out.

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/15/2006 6:57 pm

Well after reading everyone else's great reviews I went out and bought a 2% Pyrithione Zinc shampoo product of my own,I just used it minutes ago and my skin feels great. I'll keep everyone updated as to what occurs down the road.

wich one did you get?

MemberMember
(@isotopic)

Posted : 04/15/2006 7:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up! After stumbling upon this thread I remembered that long ago when I used H&S for my hair, I had very little breakouts along my forehead. As for a little history, I have been on the CSR regimen for over 9 months religiously but never got where I wanted to be (quit the CSR 2 weeks ago). I found it a pain in the a$$ and time consuming applying all that crap, er I mean product on my face. I sweat very easy and there is nothing worse than gooey, shirt bleaching sweat running down your face while excercising or working.

Well, two weeks ago I started the jessfoliation technique and love the way it is smoothing out my skin. I still have been getting breakouts but think that it may be that my skin doesn't agree well with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar the Jess recommends. So I figured since I was going to change up cleansers why not give this a try. I just picked up a bottle of H&S with no conditioner and showered using the H&S with the jessfoliation technique. So far so good. I will keep updates coming in since there are not a whole lot of experices posted here as of yet. I think I am going to continue with the BP in the evenings and spot treat with Neo cream. I still am not sure about the Neo cream but it was recommended for jessfoliation so I will try it for now.

So here is the regimen I am going to work the H&S into. I'll let you know how it works out.

Mornings:

Shower, jessfoliation with H&S

Spot treat with Neo

Evenings:

Shower, jessfoliation with H&S

BP entire face

Spot treat with Neo

MemberMember
(@angelic-harmony)

Posted : 04/16/2006 1:08 am

Hmm, glad you found something that worked!

My brother bought "Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment" a while back. Would that be any good?

MemberMember
(@xero)

Posted : 04/16/2006 1:32 pm

Found a bunch of Head & Shoulder bottles in my garage including a 1.8L bottle of Classic Clean. I'll give it a try and report any changes.

MemberMember
(@tigressjk)

Posted : 04/16/2006 2:38 pm

I just checked out the Head & Shoulders website, and they reinvented the original shampoos! "Hydrazinc" shampoos with " 6 times the moisture" Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the original shampoos and the reinvented ones?

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/16/2006 3:05 pm

I just checked out the Head & Shoulders website, and they reinvented the original shampoos! "Hydrazinc" shampoos with " 6 times the moisture" Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the original shampoos and the reinvented ones?

im using the head and shoulders classic clean with hydra zinc. It's working awsome.

MemberMember
(@souvenir)

Posted : 04/16/2006 3:10 pm

I was reading up on this via google newsgroups. Some guys were talking about this about 6 years ago and they were actually putting the shampoo onto their skin and leaving it there for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't think that it worked for them using this method.

I do think that washing with it is worth a shot and I'm gonna buy some tomorrow and give it a go. Maybe I'll just try it on a small area but I can't see it doing you skin any harm. I've nothing to lose anyway.

MemberMember
(@kixie)

Posted : 04/16/2006 3:11 pm

Has anyone notice any fading of red marks?

MemberMember
(@kamstan)

Posted : 04/16/2006 5:31 pm

I was reading up on this via google newsgroups. Some guys were talking about this about 6 years ago and they were actually putting the shampoo onto their skin and leaving it there for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't think that it worked for them using this method.

I do think that washing with it is worth a shot and I'm gonna buy some tomorrow and give it a go. Maybe I'll just try it on a small area but I can't see it doing you skin any harm. I've nothing to lose anyway.

I leave mine on for 1min.