Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid Wash To Use While On The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 02/17/2015 7:24 pm

OK so I've been on the regimen for a while now, well here are the exact products I've been using if that's of any help:

morning:
- wash face with Cliniderm Gentle Cleanser
- apply acne.org BP (I use the tube but I'm guessing I use about 1 1/2 pumps)
- apply Cliniderm soothing lotion

night:
- (if wearing any) remove makeup with Cetaphil
- wash face with Cliniderm cleanser
- apply acne.org BP
- apply a mixture of Cliniderm lotion mixed with the acne.org AHA+

So here's my issue, although using the BP twice a day has reduced the amount of active breakouts I get pretty significantly it hasn't seemed to help with my blackheads. I have them mostly on my nose, a bit on my chin and then even less on my forehead... also for some reason I still have some smaller whiteheads on my chin as well? But in terms of any sort of larger break outs, pustules, whatever you want to call them, I have been getting a lot less from using the regimen.

So my question then is, do you think it would be alright for me to try to introduce a salicylic acid wash to my routine? I know outlined on the regimen it's not advised to do so but I have heard of some people on here having good success using salicylic acid and BP together. If so do any of you have any sort of drug store recommendations for a good salicylic acid wash? Preferably one that is not a scrub.

Also last question, do you guys think that salicylic acid washes are even that effective or no? I've heard some people saying that they don't do a whole lot as the product is just washed off but I figured this would be the best way for me to try out some sort of salicylic acid product with my current routine to try to treat my blackheads without irritating my skin too much (hopefully). I'm too scared to try to switch over from BP to salicylic acid gel as I'm worried I'll start breaking out in larger zits again. Thanks in advance and sorry if this post is sort of long lol.

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 02/18/2015 9:03 pm

Hey, thanks for the honest answer lol. None of the products I'm currently using are causing me to break out which is good I just have some stubborn blackheads I want to try to get rid of, I'm just not sure the best way to do so. Following the regimen as best as I can and using BP twice a day has helped prevent me from getting further break outs but it hasn't done anything for my blackheads. Anyone have any sort of product recommendations for treating blackheads? I have some sort of blackhead extractor tool I used to use like once a week to try to get rid of mine but they just come right back again so I'm probably going to try to wean myself off of using it so I don't irritate my skin more.

I need to look into it more but I've heard mandelic acid is a better AHA to treat blackheads then glycolic, I have no idea whether it would be alright to use it the same way as you do with the AHA+ on this website though or not (over top of BP).

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 03/22/2015 3:59 pm

Thanks :) nah you did a good job at answering my question lol. I could just be being a bit impatient as I've only been on the regimen for... 3 months now? So yeah, hopefully I'll start seeing fewer blackheads soon if I just stick to it. Not gonna lie, about once a week I seem to be skipping the regimen once at night so I'm starting to think that could be contributing? Like you said the best treatment for acne is prevention so that seems to be the only reason I could come up with for them coming back? Lol I'm not sure.