Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Point Of Tea Tree Oil?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/28/2014 8:30 pm

http://www.acne.org/tea-tree-oil-reviews-99/

I was on the acne.org homepage and i saw this tea tree oil which is the exact same one i have and had been using for something else non-acne related. Anyways, ive heard that tea tree oil can be good for acne, but exactly for what, what does it do? I am on (probably) day 10 of being on The Regimen and it has been pretty good so far, already showing great results and clearing up after years of mild and recently become moderate/severe acne *knocks on wood*. I dont have any plans to use tea tree oil, but i am just interested in what people use it for and what it can help or do for skin acne problems. So, any help here would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/29/2014 6:00 pm

Bump.

Anyone at all? Anything?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/29/2014 9:41 pm

it's anti bacterial, I use it in my face wash...I really like the way it feels, and I like the smell

some use it on cysts straight, but I would dilute it with another carrier oil if your skin is senstive

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/30/2014 1:28 am

it's anti bacterial, I use it in my face wash...I really like the way it feels, and I like the smell

some use it on cysts straight, but I would dilute it with another carrier oil if your skin is senstive

So its kinda like BP?... anti bacterial i mean.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/30/2014 7:22 am

yes but it doesn't bleach everything it comes in contact with....it's one of those natural oils that have been around a long time

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 01/30/2014 1:59 pm

Tea Tree Oil treats demodex mites and little else.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:48 am

Tea tree oil also does not leave the skin as exposed to free radicals as BP does. However, if I can find the link again a study I was reading about has some type of connection between tea tree oil causing female growth of the breasts in men/boys. Something to do with tea tree playing a slight role as a endocrine disruptor

MemberMember
(@cramirez89)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:10 pm

Has anyone on here had success with tea tree oil? I'm thuinking about trying it, but super cautious about anything new I put on my face.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/31/2014 10:03 pm

Has anyone on here had success with tea tree oil? I'm thuinking about trying it, but super cautious about anything new I put on my face.

+1

MemberMember
(@achie-dee)

Posted : 02/17/2014 9:25 am

I have tried The Body Shops tea tree oil facial wash, I was so excited about it because it had such a great review on youtube and stuff so my mom bought 2 big bottles. Unfortunately, it was a waste of money because it was like my pimples got mad or something because they became reddish and had invited more pimples on my face.

MemberMember
(@missamimizuno)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:05 pm

Hi! I can take a crack at answering this. So, I have adult acne and have been trying to mostly use natural products for the better part of over a year now. I have tried a few things and think I've found what works better than others, but I am still here for answers.

About tea tree oil: I use the Trader Joe's tea tree oil that you can find on the shelves next to their bathroom and cleaning supplies. It's about $6.50 for the same size as the one they recommend here, and I use it when I have a pimple forming and I can feel it. I use a q-tip, dip it in the straight oil and apply it to the spot. HOWEVER, even though I don't dilute it (I have sensitive skin), I make sure I have moisturizer on before I apply it. I also only apply a little. I usually apply it at night instead of the morning. This way my skin has time to absorb it.

I also mix it into my fragrance-free SPF 15 moisturizer so I have it on during the day along with my moisturizer.

I think it seems to work nicely...it has definitely helped with forming pimples...I am going to pick up so Jojoba oil though, to try.

Hopefully my little stories help...? If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me!