Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea Tree Oil

Causes acne. Something this harsh should not be on your skin.
Reviewed on November 22, 2016

Used it for a giant cyst persistent on my right cheek 2 years ago and remember it did not help at all and infact caused cystic acne all over my face (blackheads whiteheads nodules etc) which i still have to deal with till this day. So a month ago i bought tea tree oil forgetting what it did to me (dried my skin ,scarred my face,caused acne) for my itchy dry scalp. I used it on my scalp go to sleep next day i wake up....'hello darkness my old friend ive come to talk with you again'. I wake up and see the giant red nodule that haunted me for ages on my cheek appear again that after a month and a half goes down (with excessive icing and drawing salve) but the redness is still there as well as it causing me to break out all over my face and even though the spots have been drained the marks are still there.

Also i forgot to mention i have eczema too and sensitive skin.

Did not work for me.
Reviewed on November 17, 2016

After all the things I had heard about Tea Tree oil, I thought it would finally help with my acne. However, it reacted badly with my skin and gave me hives.

TTO doesn't agree with my skin
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

I have mixed feelings about TTO. I am use 100% tea tree oil, undiluted. For me it seems to work best on either cysts very early on in their life cycle, or after they have popped. It seems that it might clear out the problem cyst but more little cysts pop up wherever I put it. I don't think it agrees with my skin or I may be allergic to it, which is a shame because I like natural treatments!

Get rid of those stubborn pimples!
Reviewed on October 30, 2016

Whenever I had a stubborn pimple, I just ice it down and then use a qtip and place tea tree oil on the pimple bout 3 times a day. It's completely gone in like 2 days. Works every time.

My new substitute for Benzoyl Peroxide
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

Works great as a spot treatment. I leave it on overnight on inflamed spots and by the next morning, I can bet that the pimple will be much smaller and not noticeable. On acne prone or inflamed areas such as my jawline, I would dilute tea tree oil with water and dab it lightly on the area. I no longer purchase BP as the effects of tea tree oil are exactly the same, and feels less harsh and drying on my skin than BP.

THE BEST
Reviewed on October 15, 2016

I have been using tea tree oil for 2 weeks now and i am already in love with this product. I use it once everyday before i go to bed.. it helped with reducing the size and redness of my pimples and gradually fades away the scars. Love tee tree oil <3

Caused abundance of cystic acne
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

I actually bought pure tea tree oil to treat some sort of facial fungus/yeast that is causing my skin to heel and peel repeatedly. For that purpose it has been awesome- the peeling and irritation have come to a stop and I've used tons of stuff, including harsh perscription meds from the derm-nothing worked but tea tree oil. with that being said my face is breaking out like crazy now! Very frustrating, its like it cleared up one problem and stated another. I'm 45 and since I quit using Nicotine through smoking or the gum a few years back my acne had mostly stopped, but now my face is covered in huge pimples. I do use only ONE drop of tea tree oil per 3 drops jojoba oil and a couple drops witch hazel. I've used jojoba and witch hazel for a long time so I know that's not the cause. I may try diluting the tea tree oil even more and see if it'll still kill the fungus but stop breaking me out.

by DaisyMay13 on 11/02/2016 16:22
You should try diluting it or mixing it with another oil, like avocado, coconut, or jojoba.
Stay safe
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

Tee tree oil is a powerful thing. I use it mixed in with my other acne treatments. I have seen many things online where other people mix it in with masks, when it was not in the directions, and then get a bad reaction to it, claiming it was the mask. But, it was the oil. If you put on too much your face will most likely have a reaction and turn red. Use little at a time, and mix just a little with other treatments. It works to get rid of scars but make sure your skin gets used to it because it is a very powerful oil.

Be very careful ...
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

I used to have okay skin, but after I started using this, I developed painful cysts on my cheeks and jawline.

Tea tree dried the f*** out of my skin
Reviewed on August 7, 2016

I have mild acne and large pores from coconut oil. I was on acne.org's regimen but I didn't like the BP and I did my research and leaned it was horrible for your skin in the long run. So I bumped into TTO. I mixed it with witchhazel and applied on my face as a toner. For some reason, I ditched the witch hazel and added tea tree oil in she butter as a moitsturizer. Then I stopped that and then started adding TTO on my skin by itself before apply AHA. OMG my skin is soooooooo dry now. I have oil/combination skin but I now my forehead (where most of the acne is) is so dry!! But my pores are smaller though, I noticed that. How do I get rid of this dryness plz help!

by Semaj Morrow on 08/12/2016 17:27
I have the same type of skin and my advice is to DILUTE DILUTE DILUTE. 8-10 drops per cup of water will work wonders. The oil is just to strong to use by itself, unless you're doing spot treatment.