Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 644 reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Reviewed on September 22, 2015

I've tried many, many products for inflamed pimples, including benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, and face masks, and this is the one product I always come back to! I take a q-tip, dampen it with water to dilute it, and apply two or three drops of pure tea tree oil. I put it on my most irritated spots at night and I can always rely on my skin looking better the next morning. It doesn't completely clear up my spots in one night of course, but, if I hold back from popping my pimples, it'll get rid of a spot in two or three days!

Reviewed on September 21, 2015

The best spot treatment ever! I stopped using my prescribed acne medication because of this miracle worker! Beating acne the natural and cost effective way!

Great Miracle Zit Zapper!
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using tea tree oil a couple years ago, but not diluted. It did work great except it made my skin feel really dry. A couple of months went by where I would dab one drop on the affected area everyday and I felt like I needed something more, so I switched it out for other cosmetic brands until it came back into my life this year when I tried to embark on a more natural journey for my skin. I found that diluting the tea tree oil with water made it a great toner to use day and night over the whole face, or where ever I needed it. If you want extra moisture you can add an oil with benefits in like coconut oil which is very hydrating. Overall, when I sprayed the diluted tea tree oil on my face it shrunk the acne down and took it away within days! I would definitely recommend this to someone who has combination oily and acne prone skin to seriously try this one out!!!!

Not seeing any results
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

After reading all of these wonderful reviews about tea tree oil I went out and bought some for myself. It's been a few months and I have not seen any results. i had a huge pimple and applied tto as a spot treatment and nothing happened :/. I will continue using it for six months. Hopefully I will be back with a better review!

Definitely worth a try
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I first started using tea tree oil after trying a ton of products for my acne. I have anywhere from deep cystic acne to the mild occasional type but this has literally been a life saver for every type! Many people do not like the smell very much but I don't mind it. I use this as a toner after washing my face, I used to wet a cotton pad and add just a few drops of tea tree oil and wipe this all over my face but now I make my own bottle of tea tree toner using water to dilute the oil. I also use this for spot treatment and it has really worked wonders for my skin. The spots are gone within a couple days at the most! I have even been able to stop cystic acne from getting bigger/growing! The great part about tea tree oil is that you can add it to anything: face wash, lotion, or water to create your own toner, and the list goes on. Just be sure to not apply directly to the skin without diluting it. Worth a try!

Cheap & Easy!! And it works like wonders!
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

I swear by this!! I only started using this the other day and it works wonders and the feel of relief on your face when you have a pimple feels so good!!!

Wish I Knew About This Method Sooner!!!
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

Wish I had discovered this method sooner because I did the impossible: I SHRUNK A CYSTIC PIMPLE IN LITERALLY LIKE TWO DAYS

1) soak a cotton pad with warm water, apply a few drops of tea tree oil onto the cotton pad and ring out the remaining liquid into the sink. Rub the cotton pad over the affected area, it will likely tingle or sting a bit.

2) put some glycolic acid over affected area (my glycolic acid treatment is called Marine Gel and it has lactic acid, glycolic acid and aloe vera... all very good things to help prevent and get rid of acne)

3) LAST BUT NOT LEAST: dab some Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 (benzol peroxide medication) spot treatment over the pimple.

4) wait a few days, I kid you not, you will see results FAST!!!

I'm so happy I discovered this, I've never been able to stop a cystic pimple from growing. But I did. WOOO!

(in addition to all of this, you can also try a warm compress, by putting 1/3 cup of rice into a clean sock and heating it in the microwave an holding it on your pimple on and off throughout the night as much as you can... I also did this and it helped a lot, but you have to rememeber everyone's skin reacts differently to cold/warm compresses, my skin just happened to like it)

WOO go get clear skin now :)

Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I bought a bottle of tea tree oil last summer to rub into my hair, but then read about the positive effects it can have on your skin. So, every night I would dab some onto a cotton ball and put it on my face. The smell isn't for everyone (my niece always complained about the smell), but it doesn't bother me, and you definitely don't need a lot. I only used it every other day, not usually every night. The clearest my skin has ever been was when I was using tea tree oil, and I have severely bad acne. I haven't bought anymore since I ran out, but I'm considering doing it again, just because it's so cheap. Give it a try!

Reviewed on August 22, 2015

When I first started having acne I searched online how to treat acne and I think it was on wikihow where I found this product. So I went to Traders Joe and bought their 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil for $6. The first time I opened the bottle...omg that smell... then when I applied it on my skin...wow it burns but it feels good in a way. I used it for three months and I didn't really notice any difference so I stopped using it. You see they say for this product its suppose to be for long term treatment, but there's also this saying where if you don't see any difference on your skin in months then this product is not suitable for you. Also my boyfriend couldn't tolerate the smell... I would apply this every night before I go to bed. Then my boyfriend would stuff his face with his pillow so he wouldn't have to smell it. haha I felt bad he had to go through this so it was another reason I chose to stop using this product.

It's aight
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

It worked at first for me but then it just started irritating my skin alot.