Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea tree oil
Reviewed on March 24, 2017

It burns my face and my eyes are running water is that normal for it

by somedaymaybe on 03/26/2017 08:32
Are you putting it all over your face? Because I'd recommend not doing that. Use it as a spot treatment, so only apply to the affected area. And dilute the Tea Tree Oil with water. You'll have to test out how much of it your skin can handle; for me I often had more water than Tea Tree Oil because it was so strong.
It worked, and then it didn't.
Reviewed on March 22, 2017

Growing up I've always had pretty good skin, only ever had the occasional pimple that lasted 2-5 days every few weeks, sometimes months if I was lucky. But in the last 6 months my skin has broken out and nothing has seemed to work. A lot of it is cystic acne that lingers before it gets worse, and repeats the process every few weeks; so basically, the pimples I have are constant.

I tried face cleansers, such as Sukin, Clearasil, Neutrogena, and St.Ives. None of it did a thing, in fact they just brought on more pimples. I tried acne spot treatments, using the same brands, and also Benzac, and then anti-biotic creams. No change. So I decide to try more natural products; fresh aloe vera gel (which made one of my cystic pimples infected), honey, and salt water. No positive changes again. I then tried just washing my face with warm water, switched it to cold water later on, and neither had an affect. This is when I finally decided to buy Tea Tree Oil.

I read positive reviews, a lot mentioning that it's practically a miracle worker. And indeed it was...for a short while. This one cystic pimple I've had for 3 months straight finally decided to decrease in size, the inflammation was fading, and I finally thought I'd found a cure. But then a few days later I started to notice that I was breaking out around this cystic pimple; almost as if it was curing one, but bringing on a dozen more. I continued to use it however. The pimples started to fade and my confidence built back up again. Until two weeks later when I woke up to this cystic pimple staring back at me in the mirror again; it was huge, it was red, and it was painful. I continued to use Tea Tree Oil. But, it's now been almost two months since using this product, and none of the original pimples have gone, and in fact I have more than I started with.

I've always diluted the Tea Tree Oil, as it was far too strong for my sensitive skin, and the smell was awful. I first started by putting it on twice a day, and when my pimples were at their worst I used it up to six times a day. It made no difference how much and how often I used it.

I'm thinking this product is just not suitable for me, as it has been for so many other people. So in saying that, I would recommend at least trying this product as a spot treatment, as you never know which way it'll go; it could either be the miracle cure you've been waiting for, it could be the worst decision for your skin, or it could just simply not have an affect at all.

Tea tree oil saved my life (seriously)
Reviewed on March 17, 2017

I've had a severe cystic acne-like condition on my buttocks region since I was in elementary school 20 years ago. It's made my life painful, embarrassing and generally awful. I'd go through weeks where it was painful to sit down. I'd get these pea or even marble sized cysts that would ooze pus and blood. Needless to say I've tried everything. BP aggravated my skin, bleached my underwear and clothes, and never did anything significant. No other topicals seemed to have any effect. When I got into my late teens, the acne started to spread onto my back and chest, and finally in my early 20s I decided it was time to take extreme action. I went on accutane. After 4 months dealing with the annoying side effects, the steep price (since my insurance was terrible), I finally started to see improvements on my back and chest. But my buttocks was still seeing little improvement. After I finished accutane, my dermatologist looked at my buttocks and said, "hmm, that is unusual.... just wait a few months and I'm sure it will go away." Well a few months later I'm back at his office and it hasn't gone away. Puzzled, he prescribed me a very powerful oral antibiotic (not doxy, which I'd tried before and did nothing). For the first time that actually did improve my buttocks condition after just a week, but the digestive side effects were terrible, and it wasn't something I could continue long-term. After I finished that antibiotic, problems started up again almost immediately.

That was a couple years ago, and while most of my body acne is gone, the painful cysts on my buttocks kept popping up, deep and painful and awful, and seemingly getting worse and worse as the months went by. Recently, I read some research articles online about how my condition probably isn’t acne at all — but more likely to be a staph infection. Knowing that antibiotics have never worked for me, I searched around some more and found a couple more recent scientific studies that showed the effectiveness of treating staph infections with tea-tree oil. So like the dozens of other treatments I’ve tried in the past, I decided to give it a shot.

I bought a little vile of organic tea tree oil, and a bottle of organic jojoba oil from my local co-op. I added 100 drops of tea tree oil to a 1 oz dropper bottle and filled it the rest of the way with jojoba. Every night, I take a shower with Dr. Bronner’s tea tree oil soap (why not?) and then liberally apply the solution to the affected areas. I do it at night because the smell is incredibly strong and I don’t want to show up at work so pungent. After just a few days, I started to notice improvements, and after 2 weeks, for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE (since I was in 2nd grade…) my buttocks was smooth and free of bumps. Still lots of scarring but no more painful lumps and bumps. It made a grown man break down and cry. I literally owe my life to tea tree oil, an absolute miracle plant. I even add a couple dozen drops into my washer when I'm doing laundry, just to kill off any possible staph living in my clothes. If I cut myself, I put a bit of tea-tree oil on it. It's an amazing plant. Absolutely recommend to anyone who's struggling with a condition that is puzzling dermatologists and standard treatments have all failed.

by thymsjsj on 03/27/2017 00:57
it sounds like you have hidradenitis suppurativa. look into it!
cant live without
Reviewed on March 8, 2017

This is really amazing for hormonal, cystic acne. Having PCOS makes finding products for your skin super aggravating. This has made such a difference in my skin since starting. I get mine from the Body Shop, usually when its on sale. This works great if you're allergic to benzoyl peroxide or if bp did not work. BP breaks me out so bad. Tree oil has the same purpose and its all natural, so you know exactly whats going on your skin.This also leaves my skin feeling matte and not gross and oily. I use like 2-3 drops and press it into my skin (pretty much my entire face). This also works great in preventing acne as well.

Didn't really work
Reviewed on March 1, 2017

Before I used BP I tried tea tree oil for a while. It didn't really help my. I didn't saw much change.

Natural and Anti-Bacterial- I love it!
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I love tea tree oil and pretty much any product with tea tree in it! It always leaves me feeling clean with the knowledge that I haven't applied multiple chemicals to my face! I dot on spots or add a drop to my moisturiser for it's acne fighting effects.

Works like a Charm!
Reviewed on January 23, 2017

I was using benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment for nearly 7 months and it didn't seem to really do a whole lot. I did start by putting it all over my face and that really made my face irritated and much worse ,so thats when I started using it as a spot treatment. Someone recommended using tea tree oil as a spot treatment recently and I was skeptical , I tried it like twice and gave up and went back to benzoyl peroxide. 4 days ago I got rid of all the bp and said screw it , I want to use more natural products on my face . And it really does WORK! It dries my pimples out better then the bp did . The only thing I really don't love about it is that it makes the area around the pimple very red. Other then that I would suggest trying this out before bp to anyone :)

Super
Reviewed on January 22, 2017

Tea Tree Oil is great. Everyone's skin is so different. I have tough skin but my skin can't take clarisonic. Go figure. Good luck !I am highly recommended.

Super Star
Reviewed on January 22, 2017

Except I want to add that i want sunscreen as well. Does the cover girl moisturizer tall are talking about have sunscreen in it? If not, then what r some good tinted oil-free moisturizers that r non-comedic and have sunscreen.

Great Works
Reviewed on January 22, 2017

Works great as a spot treatment. I leave it on overnight on inflamed spots and by the next morning, I can bet that the pimple will be much smaller and not noticeable. On acne prone or inflamed areas such as my jawline, I would dilute tea tree oil with water and dab it lightly on the area. I no longer purchase BP as the effects of tea tree oil are exactly the same, and feels less harsh and drying on my skin than BP.