Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea Tree Oil

TTO doesn't agree with my skin
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

I have mixed feelings about TTO. For me it seems to work best on either cysts very early on in their life cycle, or after they have popped. It seems that it might clear out the problem cyst but more little cysts pop up wherever I put it. I don't think it agrees with my skin or I may be allergic to it, which is a shame because I like natural treatments!

My new substitute for Benzoyl Peroxide
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

Works great as a spot treatment. I leave it on overnight on inflamed spots and by the next morning, I can bet that the pimple will be much smaller and not noticeable. On acne prone or inflamed areas such as my jawline, I would dilute tea tree oil with water and dab it lightly on the area. I no longer purchase BP as the effects of tea tree oil are exactly the same, and feels less harsh and drying on my skin than BP.

Reviewed on October 15, 2016

I have been using tea tree oil for 2 weeks now and i am already in love with this product. I use it once everyday before i go to bed.. it helped with reducing the size and redness of my pimples and gradually fades away the scars. Love tee tree oil <3

Caused abundance of cystic acne
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

I actually bought pure tea tree oil to treat some sort of facial fungus/yeast that is causing my skin to heel and peel repeatedly. For that purpose it has been awesome- the peeling and irritation have come to a stop and I've used tons of stuff, including harsh perscription meds from the derm-nothing worked but tea tree oil. with that being said my face is breaking out like crazy now! Very frustrating, its like it cleared up one problem and stated another. I'm 45 and since I quit using Nicotine through smoking or the gum a few years back my acne had mostly stopped, but now my face is covered in huge pimples. I do use only ONE drop of tea tree oil per 3 drops jojoba oil and a couple drops witch hazel. I've used jojoba and witch hazel for a long time so I know that's not the cause. I may try diluting the tea tree oil even more and see if it'll still kill the fungus but stop breaking me out.

Stay safe
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

Tee tree oil is a powerful thing. I use it mixed in with my other acne treatments. I have seen many things online where other people mix it in with masks, when it was not in the directions, and then get a bad reaction to it, claiming it was the mask. But, it was the oil. If you put on too much your face will most likely have a reaction and turn red. Use little at a time, and mix just a little with other treatments. It works to get rid of scars but make sure your skin gets used to it because it is a very powerful oil.

Be very careful ...
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

I used to have okay skin, but after I started using this, I developed painful cysts on my cheeks and jawline.

Tea tree dried the f*** out of my skin
Reviewed on August 7, 2016

I have mild acne and large pores from coconut oil. I was on acne.org's regimen but I didn't like the BP and I did my research and leaned it was horrible for your skin in the long run. So I bumped into TTO. I mixed it with witchhazel and applied on my face as a toner. For some reason, I ditched the witch hazel and added tea tree oil in she butter as a moitsturizer. Then I stopped that and then started adding TTO on my skin by itself before apply AHA. OMG my skin is soooooooo dry now. I have oil/combination skin but I now my forehead (where most of the acne is) is so dry!! But my pores are smaller though, I noticed that. How do I get rid of this dryness plz help!

by Semaj Morrow on 08/12/2016 17:27
I have the same type of skin and my advice is to DILUTE DILUTE DILUTE. 8-10 drops per cup of water will work wonders. The oil is just to strong to use by itself, unless you're doing spot treatment.
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This does get rid of spots and redness but over a long period of time. I find that I can't use it every day because my skin gets dry. Would recommend to those with oily / combination skin. I use the Boots own brand 100% oil and I don't dilute it, I simply apply 3 drops of it on a cotton bud and wipe it directly on my spots. Do not use it all over your face as it could severely dry it out. I would use this again however I find that I would use this every other day at most

Works great as a spot treatment!
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This works great as a spot treatment, if you have redness from a blemish or have squeezed it. It then heals very quickly and removes redness :D

Does not work as a acne cure :(

Decent Spot Treatment, but be careful.
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I have used this before as a spot treatment. I get a Q-tip, wet it and then add a few drops and apply it to spots. I think it works pretty well, but I haven't noticed it to be any more effective than the Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment that I use. I use the JASON brand, which is 100%.

I have also tried this all over my face several ways and it was awful. I tried adding a few drops into a DIY toner as well as a DIY cleanser when I was experimenting with different natural remedies. It always made my face feel so tight and dry and irritated no matter how diluted it was or how few drops I added. I don't even have sensitive skin, but this just doesn't work well with me when applied to my whole face.

If you are going to try this, start with a spot treatment before trying it on your whole face.