Notifications
Clear all

Where To Get 50% Glycolic/lactic Acid Peel?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/29/2014 4:28 pm

I'm looking to get some high % DIY peels - I wrote 50% in the topic because that's the one I've seen mentioned a lot on this site, but if there are lesser % ones I'd go for those too. I want to speed up the process of getting rid of my PIH. I use Dan's 10% AHA+ every night and it's been yielding magnificent results, but it's been about 2 months now and I know I've still got a ways to go.

Peronsally, I'd prefer using a glycolic acid peel as opposed to another acid just because I feel like my skin is probably better adjusted to it since I've been using the AHA+ and I don't know as much about lactic acid peels (or salicylic). I'm from Toronto, Canada and I don't think any stores sell it (I think cause of legal issues?) but I have seen some that you can order online and I think some fellow Canadians here get it that way.

Anyone have any good recommendations for brands/sites that they use? And also some tips on how to do a peel yourself??

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/29/2014 5:09 pm

I bought 70% lactic acid off of Amazon a few months back, and I've seen lesser percentages too. You can also find Glycolic, Malic, and Acetic Acid at varying strengths on Amazon.

No wonder they own the online shopping world lol.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/30/2014 12:06 am

I bought 70% lactic acid off of Amazon a few months back, and I've seen lesser percentages too. You can also find Glycolic, Malic, and Acetic Acid at varying strengths on Amazon.

Any particular brand? Or does it not really matter?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/30/2014 12:09 am

Any particular brand? Or does it not really matter?

It really shouldn't matter, I mean it is an acid with a defined chemical composition. Lactic acid from one seller is equal to lactic acid from another, assuming you're actually getting lactic acid and the other dilution component is not harmful. Just look for anything odd in the reviews before you buy, and make sure the seller has over 50 or so reviews, and you should be fine.