Notifications
Clear all

Carley's Clear & Smooth Skin treatment

MemberMember
(@zitqueen)

Posted : 10/10/2004 12:57 am

Someone just mentioned this product on a post. I checked out their website [Edited link out]

And it looks like it may be good. They have a link on their site that takes you to ebay's feedback page and it has recieved alot of good/great reviews, also alot of refill orders.

So I was just wondering how truly good this product is (all natural ingredients) since the stuff I am using seems to be aging my skin. Has it worked for anyone?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Ps: they also make a lotion, any good?

MemberMember
(@adam)

Posted : 10/10/2004 12:09 pm

I have been using it once a day everyday since Sept 30th. No breakouts and no irration. My acne used to moderate now its mild even before C&C's treatment. I have a few small "bumpies" still, so I'm seeing if C&C will kill them. I'll let you know later down the road...I havent tired their lotion and dont plan it, just because.

MemberMember
(@martyandbelle)

Posted : 10/19/2004 11:49 pm

I saw an ad for Carley's Clear and Smooth treatment while searching for Exposed skin care products on Ebay. I tried ProActiv years ago when it first came out and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. Even after a month there was NO change AT ALL, so I stopped using it and decided to try to manage my acne with OTC benz. peroxide treatments.

So, I went to their website [Edited link out], did a LOT of reading and decided to give it a try. I bought the treatment scrub (which comes in a HUGE 16 oz bottle... and a little goes a long way, so this stuff will last for such a long time) and the moisturizer. With my order, I received two bars of their Finishing Soap (contains no SLS). That stuff is great! My skin feels squeaky clean with no residue and no drying.

I've been using this stuff since mid-Sept and I've seen a huge improvement in my skin. I still have little "bumpies" as mentioned by another poster, but I haven't had a serious breakout. I no longer get large pimples or zits... yeah!! :o) I think the bumpies that I have are previous impurities working themselves out... which is fine with me as long as I have totally clear skin in the long run.

The products are made from all natural plant ingredients... absolutely no animal ingredients. I love the fact that it's all natural. I feel so much better using these products on my face... and it really works!

When I first used the moisturizer, my skin felt kind of weird! lol I guess I just wasn't used to putting something on my skin that was actually being absorbed rather than just laying on the surface. When I woke up in the morning, my face wasn't an oil slick like it used to be... despite all of the "exotic butters and oils." I was so nervous about using a product that contained so many oils since I have oily skin, but this stuff actually lessens the amount of oil my skin produces (whice their costumer service actually told me it would after I sent an email in to them with my concerns). It's great! Smells fabulous, too! :o) So anyway, because this moisturizer is for nighttime use only, in the morning after I wash my face with the Finishing Soal, I put on some Neutrogena OIL-FREE moisturizer and I'm good to go!

I think my favorite thing about these products (besides being super high quality and all natural) is not having to slather on a bunch of BP or Salycidic Acid treatments. You use the scrub once a day in the shower and that's it. It's also cheaper than ProActiv or Exposed and will last much longer. I paid $30 for the bottle of scrub and the moisturizer, plus S&H. They threw the two bars of soap in for free. I can easily seeing this supply lasting for about 4 months.

I'd definitely recommend giving this product a try. You have nothing to lose as they will give you a refund (including what you paid for S&H) for any reason. And you can take as long as you want because there is no 30-day limit for the refund... there's no limit at all! I'm just in love with this product and with the company... can you tell?

So, I hope this relative novel I wrote helps you in making any decisions you need to make.

MemberMember
(@adam)

Posted : 10/20/2004 1:10 pm

I stopped using this about a week ago...it ended up irratating me. No matter what I do, I always end up scrub too hard. Anything that has to do w/ scrubbing I just over do it, even if I try to tell myself not too. Also I never used the finishing soap after the scrub, b/c I've used BP in the past, but looking back I should of. It seems my skin just like gentle soap and thats it, my skin looks good now. I dont remember my skin being so sensitive...

MemberMember
(@martyandbelle)

Posted : 10/20/2004 3:14 pm

Adam,

On the [Edited link out] website, they suggest using the soap after the scrub, so maybe skipping that is what caused your irritation. I know you mentioned that your skin looks good now, but if there's any relapse maybe you could give it another try... next time using the soap after! lol

The first time I used the scrub I went without the soap, too, and the skin just above my cheekbones got extremely irritated. Splotchy red, dry, and itchy. The next day I followed up with the soap and I didn't have any problem. I've also used BP products (Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear... gosh... every brand out there) and none of them irritated me either, so who knows?!? lol

At any rate, glad your skin is lookin' great... I'm hoping for 100% here pretty soon. I'm just thrilled with this product though. Nothing else has worked this great for me and I've been trying for almost 13 yrs! lol

MemberMember
(@californiaca)

Posted : 11/28/2004 2:45 am

I have used Carley's twice before, and both times I couldnt even use it for more than three weeks or so. I know I should give it longer to try and work, but it made me break out so much more, it wasnt worth trying any longer for me.

MemberMember
(@steveinaustin)

Posted : 11/28/2004 1:25 pm

I have used Carley's twice before, and both times I couldnt even use it for more than three weeks or so. I know I should give it longer to try and work, but it made me break out so much more, it wasnt worth trying any longer for me.

Well, break-outs are a sign that the treatment is working. If you hang in for about 2 months, you'll probably get past that. And you want at least 3 months to see any progress from base-line. About 5 months to see 90% clearing or more. That's the pattern with Carley's.

Still, if you're getting scars from it, like if it's cystic, then you're in trouble. In that case, I'd say you were right to abort it. And instead, you should do a full course of Accutane first. And when it starts to come back, then use Carley's as it would be much more effective after Accutane.

Steve

Austin, Texas USA

MemberMember
(@amyangel)

Posted : 12/23/2015 6:46 pm

I have used Carley's kickass scrub and it's very harsh to my skin but their nighttime moisturizer is probably the bestmoisturizer I have used for acne prone skin, even though it's nighttime I stilluse it in the morning after I wash with cetaphil gentle cleanser.

also if the Carley's kickass scrub is to harsh one think I used to do is dilute it with a bit of water.

anyways hope this helps and good luck!

Ps: I only use thier moisturizers