Notifications
Clear all

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@couryyyy)

Posted : 09/03/2004 10:38 am

Hi guys,

I was recently browsing online acne sights and came accross www.kiehls.com. They seem to be selling a variety of moisturizer type products; I have lately been in search of one. So, my question is, has anyone tried kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer? Either with or without SPF 15...

They claim that the product contains vitamin E, and I have heard that this is a comedogenic ingrediant. So, I'm also wondering whether or not this stuff might be comedogenic. Here is a link to the product: http://www.kiehls.com/Default.aspx?p=351&sc=227&st=251&cc=1

So, any thoughts or advice? I did a search on this and came up dry. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@smilingeyes)

Posted : 09/03/2004 11:46 pm

OMG, this stuff broke me out soooooooo badly! My hubby got it as a Christmas present, suggested I tried it, and I had the worst break out I'd had in about 7 years! Even he admitted that it was pretty bad. If you haven't bought it, I would suggest NOT going that way. But, if you feel the need to try it, make sure you buy at Nordstroms or somewhere where you can take it back when you find it won't work for you.

MemberMember
(@couryyyy)

Posted : 09/04/2004 12:18 am

yikes! thanks for the heads up, i guess i will steer clear of this stuff. still in search of a good fps 15 moisturizer, eucerin makes me SO red ;/

MemberMember
(@skid)

Posted : 09/14/2004 1:06 am

Actually Kiehl's products are awesome! I've been using the Milk Cleanser (for dry skin) and the Cucumber toner (for dry skin as well) and then using BP, and the effects have been great. The toner really gets dead skin, because everytime I use it, it literally gets all the brown dead skins out and onto the cotton ball. Plus the cleanser acts as a make up remover if you use make up. =)

MemberMember
(@jlandin1986)

Posted : 03/12/2013 9:42 am

OMG, this stuff broke me out soooooooo badly! My hubby got it as a Christmas present, suggested I tried it, and I had the worst break out I'd had in about 7 years! Even he admitted that it was pretty bad. If you haven't bought it, I would suggest NOT going that way. But, if you feel the need to try it, make sure you buy at Nordstroms or somewhere where you can take it back when you find it won't work for you.

I'm sorry it broke you out. I use the oil-free version and it's great for my skin! Also, if you purchase from a Kielh's store itself, their return policy is excellent. There is no limit on how late you can return a product. If you've used the product (doesn't matter how much, give it some time to see if it works for you) you can still return it if not completely satisfied. If you have your receipt, they will issue a FULL refund, and if you don't happen to have your receipt, they will refund you with store credit. Kiehl's carries an assortment of amazing products. Maybe try the oil-free version of the Ultra Moisture line? Good luck!