Notifications
Clear all

The Best Moisturizer On The Planet

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/10/2009 12:38 am

well i'm officially confused.

Why? What are you confused about?

about trying out the aloe vera moisturizer for I am in dyer need of a new one.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/10/2009 12:52 am

It won't hurt to try it. Don't forget though that the original poster has only used it for a week and has a habit of singing the praises of a new product he's just started using. Also has a habit of posting things without researching. So don't base your decision on just what the original poster says. I'd research it and look up the ingredients to decide for YOURSELF if it might be suitable for you.

Aloe by itself is not moisturizing. Aloe as an additive can be soothing.

MemberMember
(@angel07)

Posted : 06/10/2009 3:11 am

I don't know why everyone always gives adamrodriguez a hard time. I've read through many of his posts and it seems like everyone is trying to put him down :(

MemberMember
(@angel07)

Posted : 06/10/2009 11:07 am

So last night I responded to this post, pointing out how I've noticed that a lot of people give adamrodriguez a hard time, and it's not here anymore! I know it worked, and I even came back to this post several times last night and it was still here.

Did one of the moderators delete it because the were upset at me??

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/20/2009 7:53 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/21/2009 1:11 am

so is this the same moisturizer u were raving about in your new post?

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/21/2009 1:54 am

yes this one im currently using is lbri oil-free moisturizer and their deep pore cleanser.. i already have results in my complexion since 3 days of using these together. ill be posting some before and after photos in a month to see if theres any significant change at all. I also have my eye on this forever living aloe gelly i might use in correlation with lbri once i get it.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/21/2009 2:14 am

yes this one im currently using is lbri oil-free moisturizer and their deep pore cleanser.. i already have results in my complexion since 3 days of using these together. ill be posting some before and after photos in a month to see if theres any significant change at all. I also have my eye on this forever living aloe gelly i might use in correlation with lbri once i get it.

mind simply breaking down your product regimen?

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 06/21/2009 2:31 am

mind simply breaking down your product regimen?

basically when i take a shower i just use the deep pore cleanser, then use the oil-free moisturizer when im dried off. but i only use moisturizer when i really need it. but lbri recommends you do this when you get up and before you goto bed.

MemberMember
(@halfpipe101)

Posted : 07/06/2009 2:00 am

adam I think your a good guy but maybe you should take a 3 month break from acne.org

I have not been on in a week or so and last week you made 3 threads about organic soap bars are the best thing out and there amazing and you wont use anything else and gave links to the bars..

next week comes by and now your using different products already

this has happened many many many many times before..

Reason why I said take 2-3 month break is because you need months and months of time to really back up a product instead of a couple days/weeks..

sometimes you even said a night

MemberMember
(@tigermike)

Posted : 07/06/2009 10:58 pm

without a doubt aloe vera is a miraculous healing plant.

the debate i have is it really a natural moisturizer or just a healing gel.

it has been used for thousands of years for cuts, scrapes, rashes, wounds, etc.

in other words...some type of abnormal condition exists on the skin and aloe vera has been shown to help speed the healing process.

Feel free to comment/disagree but here's what i'm thinking.

Aloe vera doesn't literally moisturize. It helps heal unhealthy skin.

dry skin would fall under this category. Healthy skin has no problem staying moisturized.

So the aloe vera helps heal the dry skin.

again....Healthy skin has little problem staying moisturized. so once the aloe vera has healed the skin....the skin can go about doing its job of retaining moisture properly.

just my $.02

as for L'Bri's products i can't really comment because i've only tried them in the past a couple times from a sample product.

Instead I have a couple aloe plants i grow for situations like sunburns or cuts. they work just fine and cost way less.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/08/2010 12:27 am

is contact dermatitis temporary or permanent

MemberMember
(@chocolatelover7)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:17 am

Well, I know this post is really old but I came across this when I was trying to do research about L'Bri. I looked all over the internet and there isn't much about it. I went for it and bought a bunch of the products and spent a lot of money. The sellers make profit on commission so all they care about is selling the product. Once the one month product return window went by, I got no responses to my emails... anyways, after about 2 weeks, my complexion looked amazing (still had some zits) but I was just glowing and fresh looking. After about a month, it all went downhill. I started breaking out in places I never breakout so I knew something was up. I stuck with it for another month and it didn't improve at all. I had more pimples than before I started the L'Bri regime and the nice complexion faded as well. I stopped using all the products at once and decided to forget "natural" remedies and try the regimen. I felt cheated for all the money I spent. A couple of their products are nice, but I would just like to warn people to be careful because I felt very cheated as a poor college student who spent tons of money on this stuff. I just found it so weird how these products seemed to work at first and then made things worse in the long run.