Notifications
Clear all

CURED WITH SULFUR SOAP!!

MemberMember
(@drizzler)

Posted : 06/08/2009 12:02 am

Who here has had success with sulfur? Coral Kavi soap is like the #1 ranked treatment on here, look it up. It's a sulfur+salicylic acid soap. I know there are some companies that make a similar soap too, like Sal-3. Even though it seems to work for some people, isn't salicylic acid supposedly useless unless its left on i.e. as a lotion? Does anyone know if these soaps make your skin dry?

MemberMember
(@drizzler)

Posted : 06/09/2009 4:10 pm

Damnit people we're talking about the number 1 rated acne treatment on this site. Someone has got to have something to say???

MemberMember
(@electric_feel)

Posted : 06/09/2009 4:18 pm

I can only comment about using a soap in general as a cleanser. I have had pretty good success with the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil soap, it's wonderful. :)

MemberMember
(@drizzler)

Posted : 06/10/2009 3:04 pm

That sounds great, I wish I could get Trader Joe's stuff here in Colorado. Apparently they'll never open a store here because you can't sell liquor in grocery stores in CO.

MemberMember
(@madeupmelly)

Posted : 06/17/2009 6:22 am

That sounds great, I wish I could get Trader Joe's stuff here in Colorado. Apparently they'll never open a store here because you can't sell liquor in grocery stores in CO.

I live in KY where you can sell liquor in grocery stores but I don't think they will ever open one here either. KY has such a bad rap.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/17/2009 9:58 pm

number rated soap on this site? Take into account how many people actually voted then.I've been here for years and have never heard of that brand.

I only like soapless foaming cleansers =P

I used this one bar soap with sulfur a long time ago and it just made my skin beet red and itchy. It was made for facial skin and everything...

MemberMember
(@claire-gomez)

Posted : 07/17/2009 2:01 am

I use Coral KAVI. Have for about a year and have recommended it to a number of friends. What I can tell you is that it's an awesome product, but not a "cure". Three of my friends swear by it, but my mom likes the KAVI toner a lot better for her skin. I've also tried Aqua KAVI, which has no salicylic acid and less sulfur, but I can definitely feel the zing in the Coral KAVI and prefer it for my skin.

MemberMember
(@dutchie1014)

Posted : 07/18/2009 4:03 pm

I am currently using the coral Kavi, as part of the acne regimen (III) Kavi offers.

At first I suffered from a weird break out along my jaw area but that is going away now and my skin is definitely more clear.

I'd use the soap alone first, just to see if you'll get results. Remember to moisturize though! My skin is super oily and never gets dry but this soap really dried it out.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@ceci2468)

Posted : 09/15/2009 9:48 pm

Who here has had success with sulfur? Coral Kavi soap is like the #1 ranked treatment on here, look it up. It's a sulfur+salicylic acid soap. I know there are some companies that make a similar soap too, like Sal-3. Even though it seems to work for some people, isn't salicylic acid supposedly useless unless its left on i.e. as a lotion? Does anyone know if these soaps make your skin dry?

I haven't tried the Coral Kavi soap but I did read the positive reviews on their website. Also, there are positive reviews on makeupalley also.

I use Dr. Joesoef's 10% sulfur soap which also has salicylic acid. It's working great for me. I've been using it for about 4 months. I use it for face and back acne and it also clears up my seborreheic dermatitis. I also use it as a shampoo sometimes. I think all sulfur soaps can be potentially drying and so a good moisturizer is helpful. I use unrefined shea butter for moisturizing (face and body).

This soap (which I use alternating with genuine African black soap) and the shea butter have cleared up my face, back and scalp better than anything else I've tried. And I've tried a lot. I haven't read all of the posts but I highly recommend a soap like this. :)

MemberMember
(@ms-fitness)

Posted : 09/21/2010 3:49 am

I just started using the soap a few days ago.. I'll let ya know how it works, b/c i am going through a breakout for some reason, I was getting pretty clear (before the soap). Hopefully the soap helps :)

MemberMember
(@jag221)

Posted : 09/21/2010 6:25 am

I actually just started using this a few days ago as well and purchased due to the reviews on here. I really like it so far. It's really gentle and even though they tell you that you may feel a tingling sensation, personally i do not at all. I also do not feel 'dryed out' and i do not have particularly oily skin. But i also follow it up with straight aloe and MSM.

I dont think this is a product that would prevent breakouts, seems like its just beneficial for existing acne (like aloe) and i'm just getting over a really awful breakout so maybe that's why i like it so much.

MemberMember
(@wowacne)

Posted : 09/21/2010 3:35 pm

Anybody who has oily skin tried this soap and had success with reducing oily skin??

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 09/21/2010 3:45 pm

I really want to try this product, but scared it won't work and I hate feeling defeated when something doesn't work.

MemberMember
(@wowacne)

Posted : 09/26/2010 11:17 pm

Anybody who has oily skin tried this soap and had success with reducing oily skin??

bump

MemberMember
(@riefling)

Posted : 06/18/2013 6:03 am

I've used both SAL3 and Kavi - they are both good. I prefer the SAL3 for a lotta reasons. Also, the SAL3 does not have any dyes in it.

The Kavi uses dyes- just look at the bar, it is full of dye color. Natural sulfur soap is not blue or other crazy colors! :)eusa_pray.gif