Notifications
Clear all

Oil of Olay Regenerist

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/17/2010 8:56 pm

Hi there, so you mean to say you still are using those three products? nothing more? I have tried your regimen before but the night cream made me breakout , did it do the same for you? So I tried using only the cleanser and the moisturizer and it was doing great for my skin.... until after 2 months I started breaking out again... Right now I'm only on the 2.5 BP regimen and its been controlling my acne but my face looked better when I was using the oil of olay. Do you think that I can try using oil of alay again together with the 2.5 BP regimen? What do you think? And oh, your skin looks really amazing!

Actually, the night cream is what got me started on using regenerist products only. It felt like having a facial every night. There have been a few times that I've skipped using the BP (sometimes i run out or forgot to pack it when I travel), and that's when I'd get minor breakouts. But it taught me a valuable lesson. BP makes a LOT of difference. So, if I were you, I wouldn't skip out on it. Good luck on your next round with regenerist, and thank you for the compliment! 🙂

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/17/2010 9:04 pm

whih one do you use? a link would be much helpful im planning on to try this too.

also is it ok to use the regenreist even if ur 19?

**edited 17 July 2010*

The links I posted before are not working anymore. Sorry.

These are the products I use. Nothing else. Hope it helps. I cant think of any reason why it would not be okay for you to use regenerist, but that's just my honest opinion. A dermatologist can probably answer that more authoritively. Thanks for visiting and good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/17/2010 9:08 pm

Oh and P.S. these products seem pricey for the size of the bottle they come in. With the exception of the 2.5% BP, use them sparingly. Applying a thick blob of regenerist to your skin doesn't mean it will work faster. Have a little patience ;)

MemberMember
(@kamran)

Posted : 06/18/2010 1:08 am

o ok thanks for your help

MemberMember
(@chriss)

Posted : 06/25/2010 1:25 am

hi there, so I tried using your regimen again for the second time but now with the 2.5 BP and it's really doing GREAT! It's a good thing I gave it a shot again... It's almost two weeks since I started and I really can't believe this amazing result, can't even imagine what amazing results it will be for the long run........ hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be the "it" regimen that will Continuously manage my skin... Thank you for your regimen! :D

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 06/25/2010 11:35 pm

hi there, so I tried using your regimen again for the second time but now with the 2.5 BP and it's really doing GREAT! It's a good thing I gave it a shot again... It's almost two weeks since I started and I really can't believe this amazing result, can't even imagine what amazing results it will be for the long run........ hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be the "it" regimen that will Continuously manage my skin... Thank you for your regimen! 😀

That's great to hear! I'm glad the regimen is working for you as well. I'm telling you, I'm like a walking ad for these products but I dont care. It works and I'm going to tell anybody who is willing to listen. Pass it forward 🙂

MemberMember
(@lolitakl)

Posted : 07/02/2010 8:48 am

use the moisturizer before the bp

MemberMember
(@sydney-girl)

Posted : 07/03/2010 7:37 am

Going to try this for sure. I currently am using a similar regime. I use Cetaphil cleanser, Then 2.5% BP and then Cetaphil moisturizer. So your regimen won't be to hard for me. Just replacing a few products.

MemberMember
(@sydney-girl)

Posted : 07/03/2010 11:08 pm

I did not find any of those products. So I ended up getting Olay regenerist night intensive revitalizing cream and Olay regenerist revitalizing cream cleanser. I hope they work just as well. They are pretty expensive. So I couldn't buy the day cream just yet.

MemberMember
(@morgist)

Posted : 07/04/2010 9:31 am

i am currently using epiduo and clindatech, can i still use these products over them?

MemberMember
(@sydney-girl)

Posted : 07/13/2010 8:15 am

Just a quick update.. It's been a week and two days. I'm not CRAZY about the results yet but the results I have gotten is enough to continue with this routine. Pimples last one day. Which I love. No massive cysts that take forever to go away. There was actually two days there in the middle of the week where I had no new active pimples. Which is amazing to me considering I had not had that for about three months. I will continue with this and see how I go.. I will update again.

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 07/14/2010 10:39 pm

Just a quick update.. It's been a week and two days. I'm not CRAZY about the results yet but the results I have gotten is enough to continue with this routine. Pimples last one day. Which I love. No massive cysts that take forever to go away. There was actually two days there in the middle of the week where I had no new active pimples. Which is amazing to me considering I had not had that for about three months. I will continue with this and see how I go.. I will update again.

Hang in there! Like I have previously stated, the result isn't instant. Just go on about your daily routine and not fuss too much about it. Also, try not pick on your face too much to "speed the process". It will just irritate your skin. Try taking pictures through out your progress that way you will notice the difference more. I think because you keep checking daily your mind tricks you into thinking it's not working. Good luck! Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 07/14/2010 10:41 pm

i am currently using epiduo and clindatech, can i still use these products over them?

I'm sorry, I'm really not the right person to answer that. I'm not a dermatologist. Heck, I dont even know what those are 😀 ...I recommend you consult a dermatologist with regards to your question. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sydney-girl)

Posted : 07/25/2010 3:48 pm

Ok. So here is another update. Was three week yesterday. Pretty happy with the results. Changed around the routin just a little

Morning:Cetaphil cleanser for dry and sensitive skin

Olay complete daily moisurizer with SPF15 for sensitive skin

Night:

Cetaphil cleanser again

BP 2.5%

Olay regenerist night cream

So far, love the results. Found that the Olay regenerist cleanser was really harsh on my skin.. Made it really flaky. I have had on pimple in the last week. It's amazing. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of these pesky acne scars.

MemberMember
(@teacher-power)

Posted : 08/01/2010 3:30 am

Hello,

I'm 24 and have been battling acne sine I was 12/13 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING except accutane (I want to habe babies some day) including antibiotics, proactive, BP, salicylic and glycolic acid toners and gels, sulphur spot treatment, acid peels (which I still like and reccomend), laser peels (which made my acne way worse), microdermabrasion (which I get done every 2-3 weeks with my facials and absolutely love), ETC.

After using all these treatments and still battling acne, I realized that my skin seemed to be aging faster. I was getting wrinkles on my forehead and crow's feet at 23! In addition, my skin was super oily my 2pm, I was getting lots of milia (tiny white bumps from oil being trapped benaeath the skin) and my skin's ph balance was really off- probably as a reaction to all the drying products I was using. So I decided to try something new, as I thought that my acne has probably evolved since I was 13 to adult acne and might respond better to more adult products anyways. I also wanted to halt any wrinkles for the time being (okay...I wouldn't mind if they never progressed...). After reading these posts, I changed up my regimen a few weeks ago to include a gentle cleanser (I use Cetaphil), Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner (to balance my skin's ph level), and olay regenerist cream (night recovery cream at night and the regular regenerist day cream for the daytime). I'm also using ROC's new retinol eye cream.

So far, my skin is looking amazing! My skin looks plump and healthy, and my acne has dramatically reduced. I still have a couple pimples, but they are small and not super inflamed and infected. I just added a 2% salicylic acid toner with glycolic acid in it to use at night instead of the apple cider vinegar per my esthetician's request (in order to get all the makeup off and fight the acne a bit more). I'm still using the ACV as my toner in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm super happy with the olay regenerist and would reccomend it to anyone!

MemberMember
(@teacher-power)

Posted : 08/01/2010 3:33 am

Hello,

I'm 24 and have been battling acne sine I was 12/13 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING except accutane (I want to habe babies some day) including antibiotics, proactive, BP, salicylic and glycolic acid toners and gels, sulphur spot treatment, acid peels (which I still like and reccomend), laser peels (which made my acne way worse), microdermabrasion (which I get done every 2-3 weeks with my facials and absolutely love), ETC.

After using all these treatments and still battling acne, I realized that my skin seemed to be aging faster. I was getting wrinkles on my forehead and crow's feet at 23! In addition, my skin was super oily my 2pm, I was getting lots of milia (tiny white bumps from oil being trapped benaeath the skin) and my skin's ph balance was really off- probably as a reaction to all the drying products I was using. So I decided to try something new, as I thought that my acne has probably evolved since I was 13 to adult acne and might respond better to more adult products anyways. I also wanted to halt any wrinkles for the time being (okay...I wouldn't mind if they never progressed...). After reading these posts, I changed up my regimen a few weeks ago to include a gentle cleanser (I use Cetaphil), Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner (to balance my skin's ph level), and olay regenerist cream (night recovery cream at night and the regular regenerist day cream for the daytime). I'm also using ROC's new retinol eye cream.

So far, my skin is looking amazing! My skin looks plump and healthy, and my acne has dramatically reduced. I still have a couple pimples, but they are small and not super inflamed and infected. I just added a 2% salicylic acid toner with glycolic acid in it to use at night instead of the apple cider vinegar per my esthetician's request (in order to get all the makeup off and fight the acne a bit more). I'm still using the ACV as my toner in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm super happy with the olay regenerist and would reccomend it to anyone!

What is the name of the 2% salicyclic acid toner with glycolic acid that you are using? Also, what is BP?

MemberMember
(@teacher-power)

Posted : 08/01/2010 3:37 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a looooong time. Sorry for not getting back to you all. Life gets in the way every now and then. Anywho, just want to update everyone. Yes, I am still using the products I mentioned above. My skin has gotten used to it that the few times that I have fallen off the wagon (entirely not my fault), I started breaking out again. So, I am absolutely convinced that this is the right regimen for me. Nothing touches my face other than Olay products 😀 . I'll post new pix soon!

Do you find the at all that the deep penetrating moisturizer balls up after putting in on the BP? I love the night cream, but the one you use during the day doesn't work well over the BP...and suggestions?

I usually try to let the BP dry first before I put the moisturizer on. It dries pretty quick. I'd say maybe a couple of seconds or so.

What is BP, and where do I find it?

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 08/01/2010 3:44 am

Ok. So here is another update. Was three week yesterday. Pretty happy with the results. Changed around the routin just a little

Morning:Cetaphil cleanser for dry and sensitive skin

Olay complete daily moisurizer with SPF15 for sensitive skin

Night:

Cetaphil cleanser again

BP 2.5%

Olay regenerist night cream

So far, love the results. Found that the Olay regenerist cleanser was really harsh on my skin.. Made it really flaky. I have had on pimple in the last week. It's amazing. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of these pesky acne scars.

Good to hear you finally found your regimen! Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@zhalvajegirl)

Posted : 08/01/2010 3:46 am

What is the name of the 2% salicyclic acid toner with glycolic acid that you are using? Also, what is BP?

Benzoyl Peroxide. I get mine from acne.org.

MemberMember
(@majovsky)

Posted : 08/31/2010 1:34 pm

Still working on the pics. I'm going on vacation soon so I should have a ton when I get back. I hope my post have been useful for some of you. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that, as with any other treatment, this regimen takes a few weeks (maybe even months) before you can see amazing results. Patience is a virtue. My younger brother is enjoying the same results as I did, so I know this thing does work. If some of you tried the regimen way back when I first posted, it would be nice to hear how things worked out for you. If it worked out great, absolutely post away! I'm starting to sound like a regenerist salesgirl. I can't be the only one excited about this thing. LOL!

****************May 2010 Update*******************

Pic as promised. Still works great!

Wow...you're skin looks great!!!

MemberMember
(@postfetalphase)

Posted : 09/04/2010 10:14 am

Hey all, I use olay regenerist daily regenerating serum, although not nearly consistently enough. It doesn't break me out, and makes my skin smooth and supple and seems to even out my complexion some after a few days of using it. I think a big part of it is the niacinamide in it, which I think is an advertised key ingredient in all the products in this line. It's at a concentration lower than that which has been used in studies to show its effectiveness, but in my opinion that doesn't mean it's necessarily at too low of a concentration to work, as to my knowledge no studies have been done on the lower concentration that is in the regenerist line, so there is no evidence it DOESN'T work. I've been meaning to use a product higher in niacinamide, I know they're out there. Ironically, it does seem to help with acne inflammation, as well as increasing skin turnover rate I do believe. I think you can actually purchase pure niacinamide and mix it into your own skin care products/oils or something. I was looking into this a while back. Niacinamide seems like an underrated skin miracle, really.

MemberMember
(@sydney-girl)

Posted : 09/05/2010 9:59 pm

Hey Zhalvajegirl!! Just wanted to say thank you for bringing these products to my attention. Would never have bought them to help my acne in a million years. I have had one pimple all month and that was during a certain time of the month. Thank you so much. My confidence is up and I'm finally OK with wearing my hair up at work and feeling confident that people aren't stairing at my bad acne. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@mstoriva)

Posted : 09/16/2010 4:42 am

I recently found this post and wanted to add my story to anyone else who comes across it. I have used many acne products over the years, mostly in my teen years and nothing I've bought at wal-mart or any other local store has ever worked for me. A few years ago I started using Proactiv, which mixed with my birth control was working great for about a year. In the last year it's not been working good at all, I started getting some pretty bad breakouts near that time of the month, which hadn't happened in a very long time. I started trying a few other new products, Clean & Clear's acne kit, Organics line I found at Sally Beauty, and even just plain lemon juice. The lemon juice seemed to be okay for short time use, but not prolonged. I ended up just using proactiv again because I have been unemployed and my mother was sending it to me.

Well this past month, it's been about 6 months since I started using it again, I had a horrible reaction to it. One whole side of my face broke out like the people in the before pictures, the other side was about 1/3 as bad. I was horrified! I immediately started searching for people who had problems with proactiv and found that a lot of people had success with the Clinique acne products. I wasn't sure I wanted to use it because I am tired of putting all the chemicals on my face. The Organics stuff I used felt wonderful, just wasn't helpful when I had hormonal breakouts so I knew I wanted something more natural.

I debated it for a little while and had thought to myself about my old boss who was well in her 50's but everyone thought she was no more than 40. She said her secret was that she used Olay all her life. I thought well I don't know if Olay would have an acne line, but their products are pretty natural and good for your skin let me take a look. After reading everything Zhalvajegirl posted I decided to try her suggestion, thanks to my recent school stipend I was able to spend the extra $50 on the products.

I ended up buying the regenerist foaming cleanser, which doesn't really foam. Because it was .2 oz more for the same price. Yes I know .2oz isn't much, but hey whatever extra is extra to me. I got the deep moisturizer and the night time moisturizer and had a coupon for a free eye roller (saved $18.97!!!) I don't really need it yet, but might as well use it for anti-aging purposes, those years will sneak up on me here soon. I also ended up buying neutrogena's on the spot 2.5% BP treatment and clearasil 10% BP treatment (had coupon for this too). I figured 2.5% is what was recommended and good for existing breakouts, but the 10% would be best for new pimples around that time of the month.

Now today is my 2nd day of use, and I have to tell you my face looks incredible! I am sorry I didn't take a picture yesterday for comparison, I really didn't think it would effect me this quickly. My skin feels so great, very clean and even cool!!! I just can't even believe it. When I looked in the mirror this morning I was shocked! I have never used a product that literally had overnight results, not even those stupid acne treatments they claim work overnight. I am so happy I decided to buy these products. I did however put too much night time moisturizer on by accident and my forehead was very oily this morning so be careful a little does go a very long way.

I plan on coming back in a week or so to let people know how things are turning out. I am just so very pleased this these products, I recommend them to anyone trying to find a solution but I would let them know everyone's skin is different and it may take time, stick to it because these are just such wonderful products and they even smell good!

MemberMember
(@kasia90)

Posted : 10/02/2010 12:30 am

Hello, everyone. Absolutely love this combination of OLAY regenerist and Proactiv BP. I swear to you Nothing has ever worked for me. Nothing. For some reason this does. Its been 12 years since Iv been struggling with moderate/ severe Acne. Even dermatologists were concerned about the condition and severety of my acne, they have prescribed me everything. It Takes awhile. but don't pick and be patient!!! took me six months to see anything atall since I'm so impatient.

MemberMember
(@dudesy)

Posted : 10/11/2010 11:14 am

Still working on the pics. I'm going on vacation soon so I should have a ton when I get back. I hope my post have been useful for some of you. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that, as with any other treatment, this regimen takes a few weeks (maybe even months) before you can see amazing results. Patience is a virtue. My younger brother is enjoying the same results as I did, so I know this thing does work. If some of you tried the regimen way back when I first posted, it would be nice to hear how things worked out for you. If it worked out great, absolutely post away! I'm starting to sound like a regenerist salesgirl. I can't be the only one excited about this thing. LOL!

****************May 2010 Update*******************

Pic as promised. Still works great!

Chocolate hills from Bohol!hahaha are u a filipino?hehehe