Notifications
Clear all

proactiv help...

MemberMember
(@leahgriffin499)

Posted : 10/04/2014 3:14 pm

So I read several of these posts and it sounds like alot of people have a sensitivity to BP. I have had acne for 20 years. Yes, 20 years. It started when I was 13 and never went away. I watched all my peers clear up while still suffered. I started using proactiv at age 21, which was 13 years ago. It made my skin worse at first because I had so much junk stuck in my pores but gradually it got better to the point of people stopping me in public places to compliment my skin. I did have times when my skin was overly dry. I would cut back on the lotion and it cleared up. I used the original proactiv for about 5 years and then I got poor and quit. I started using SA products and had some success but I would only clear up for a short time and the toner would always burn, bad! I tried absolutely everything over the counter. Now I am 34 years old, STILL living with this acne crap. I usually get one or 2 huge and I mean enormous zits at a time, and of course nice bumpy skin on my forehead. Last week I went back on proactiv, but this time proactiv+. It immediately cleared my healing zits and smoothed the bumps. It stung a little after the lotion but did not over dry, probably because I use an additional lotion after. I'm sorry everyone is having problems with proactiv, but I would consider using proactiv+ before writing it off. It's not as harsh as the original. I would think maybe some of you have a sensitivity or even a slight allergy to BP if it doesn't work for you. SA works for some, but did not for me