Notifications
Clear all

Have you tried Lactoferrin?

MemberMember
(@patalena)

Posted : 12/10/2007 5:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you. My history is that I had severe acne for several years as a teenager which cleared up when I was (finally) prescribed accutane. I was clear for about 3 or 4 years but its just come back. Its not quite as severe as before, but the worst bits are in more obvious places, and the doctor has just given me some adapelene.

I have decided to try Lactoferrin too as I saw it in a newspaper. Its quite expensive but thought I'd give it a try. I have begun taking 2 tablets a day of some tablets called Face 2 Face. This amounts to 160mg of Lactoferrin per day. It says not to take more than that on the packet. They also contain 40mg "milk protein". I was wondering if anyone has taken lactoferrin and had any success? Or lack of success?! And do you think the dosage is enough?

Thanks, Patalana x

MemberMember
(@alastair-uk)

Posted : 01/02/2008 9:22 am

Well I haven't tried it but have read about it and am considering it. Did it help?

MemberMember
(@amb401)

Posted : 07/31/2013 12:54 pm

I just bought it from the vitamin shoppe yesterday. I'm just taking 1 tablet of 250mg a day. I'm also eating organic yogurt with probiotics, so well see how it all that goes. so far i feel like my akin is gettjng smoother and it looks more even, but who knows. I'll you keep posted on my results

MemberMember
(@jmtm18017)

Posted : 07/05/2014 9:38 am

I am trying this currently. After looking up information on it, I figured it wouldn't hurt. From what I've read, it's a good supplement for allergies, immune problems, liver problems. When my son was nursing, my skin was clear and so was his--

It was a pain to find, though. Vitamin Shoppe carries it in some locations, which was convenient since I could just search their in-store inventory online and pick it up without ordering it. I wouldn't go hunting at health food stores, because you probably won't find it.