Starting The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen! 11.18.13

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/21/2013 3:11 pm

DAY 3:

Today is a good day so far. I woke up this morning and saw two whiteheads--I know, that doesn't seem good but to me it is :) One ended up being dry skin when I softly squeezed it -sigh- and another couple white heads that were small, so hopefully they heal well.

I noticed the ones on my cheek are getting even more flat--screams with joy-- I really think this plan is working for me!!!!! cheer.gif

On the even better side, it's RAINING IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA. AND I ran my 6 miles this morning in the rain and wind. Yeah, I feel pretty good--but crashed and took a nap after I applied my morning applications. XD

eeee I love the rain so much, I am going to the zoo tomorrow with my man so SOOOO it's going to rain and i get to see animals?! I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BETTER.wub.png

On the more acne side...lol... I can still feel that pimple forming at the base of my nose, hurts not as much as yesterday, so hopefully it doesn't come to a head!! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 11/21/2013 3:47 pm

Just saw the recent pic of your cheek and it's def better! All of your blemishes look flatter and less red and angry-looking. They look more like they're dying away - yay! My older son (15 yr old) woke up with 2 pimples on his cheek. They're not big but it was a little discouraging to see. I'm not sure if it's an initial purge or if it's because he's only been doing regimen 1x day. Needless to say, both my boys are bumping up to the full 2x a day as of today. It's been 5 days and they have no redness or dryness. So I'm hoping those new pimples heal fast! My younger son is luckier, his acne is milder and he doesn't have much on his cheeks, just forehead and chin. Those ones seem to dry up and disappear soooo much quicker than the cheek ones. Those last long and then leave a red mark that lasts long too - grrrr!

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/21/2013 4:01 pm

Just saw the recent pic of your cheek and it's def better! All of your blemishes look flatter and less red and angry-looking. They look more like they're dying away - yay! My older son (15 yr old) woke up with 2 pimples on his cheek. They're not big but it was a little discouraging to see. I'm not sure if it's an initial purge or if it's because he's only been doing regimen 1x day. Needless to say, both my boys are bumping up to the full 2x a day as of today. It's been 5 days and they have no redness or dryness. So I'm hoping those new pimples heal fast! My younger son is luckier, his acne is milder and he doesn't have much on his cheeks, just forehead and chin. Those ones seem to dry up and disappear soooo much quicker than the cheek ones. Those last long and then leave a red mark that lasts long too - grrrr!

I'm sure his skin is just purging. I haven't experienced it yet, but everyone's skin is different. I know how stubborn the cheek acne can be--BELIEVE ME-- it seems like the red spots are so easily attainable on that part of your face. I can't tell you how many pimples I've had on my chin, but I have no red marks. Only the cheeks. I assume, because the skin on the cheek is thinner and more sensitive?

I have also experienced no redness or dryness like your sons, maybe we are just one of the lucky ones? Or in week two it will be hell. saywhat.gif Since, we are upping the BP to TWO PUMPS. Oh good lord hahah. I don't get any on my forehead, just cheeks and chin, which I guess is hormonal? but when I had taken an antibiotic for my strep throat, my skin cleared almost totally-- so maybe mine is bacterial. Hmm.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 11/21/2013 4:25 pm

I sure hope it's just some initial purging. I really don't even understand why people get an initial breakout when starting BP. It's supposed to kill over 99% of acne bacteria so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone should develop new pimples after starting it. Oh well -- at least the BP will dry them up quickly.

I'm sure his skin is just purging. I haven't experienced it yet, but everyone's skin is different. I know how stubborn the cheek acne can be--BELIEVE ME-- it seems like the red spots are so easily attainable on that part of your face. I can't tell you how many pimples I've had on my chin, but I have no red marks. Only the cheeks. I assume, because the skin on the cheek is thinner and more sensitive?

I have also experienced no redness or dryness like your sons, maybe we are just one of the lucky ones? Or in week two it will be hell. saywhat.gif Since, we are upping the BP to TWO PUMPS. Oh good lord hahah. I don't get any on my forehead, just cheeks and chin, which I guess is hormonal? but when I had taken an antibiotic for my strep throat, my skin cleared almost totally-- so maybe mine is bacterial. Hmm.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/21/2013 4:35 pm

I sure hope it's just some initial purging. I really don't even understand why people get an initial breakout when starting BP. It's supposed to kill over 99% of acne bacteria so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone should develop new pimples after starting it. Oh well -- at least the BP will dry them up quickly.

Exactly, I never understood that either. I think though, it brings up the bacteria from the pores, so that's what causes it. Not too sure... Your sons, this is their 5th day? This is my third, so it's nice that we are basically on the same days :)

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/21/2013 11:47 pm

Okay so, I put makeup on today for work and omg it looked like I had no acne!!!! I have never been so confident in going to work the whole 3 years I've worked there. I could honestly say I felt confident enough to not wear makeup. (But I still wore some ;) )

Just finished putting BP on (letting it dry as I type this), as I put it on I can feel two deep pimples forming by my chin. Argh, I hope they don't come to a head tomorrow-- I'm going to the zoo with my man and I want that confidence! Since I just felt it tonight I'm hoping it won't come to a head yet . Wishing myself luck >_<

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/22/2013 10:08 am

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged! This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring surprised.gif

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay! Everything is drying up and going away. The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty saywhat.gif Today, it's healing up rather nicely cool.png . The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning. And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/22/2013 10:43 am

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged! This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay! Everything is drying up and going away. The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty O_O Today, it's healing up rather nicely . The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning. And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up :-) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/22/2013 10:52 am

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged! This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring surprised.gif

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay! Everything is drying up and going away. The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty saywhat.gif Today, it's healing up rather nicely cool.png . The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning. And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up whistling.gif) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.

The BP will really help with the deep ones...they shouldn't last as long either! And as far as the dryness, start adding the jojoba oil if you haven't already. To be honest, Dan's moisturizer didn't do it for me and I had to resort to Cetaphil with jojoba oil. That started to be a bit too much and I started breaking out a bit, so I switched to Clinique and that seems to be doing the trick.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/22/2013 1:44 pm

It may be the dreaded "purge period" for you, Alyssa sweetie...but don't discouraged! This happens with almost everyone on The Regimen! Me included! It will be sooooo worth it! The face demons making the way to the surface currently may or may not come to a full head, but just know that they will leave a lot quicker and with less scarring

Ok...so as far as my update...no new nasties to report, yay! Everything is drying up and going away. The cyst that was by my nose had it's last hurrah yesterday morning. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty O_O Today, it's healing up rather nicely . The pimple under my eye is finally going down to where it's not making my eye as puffy in the morning. And the dreaded eyebrow zit is on it's way to doomsville, hehe.

I hope it's not the purge., I just don't want to break out super bad I mean I don't mind breaking out a little bit but I just hate the really deep ones because they take forever to heal! I'm glad that yours are finally clearing up :-) the Eye seems like it's the worst one, I've never had one really close to my eye but had one just under it and it hurts so bad I don't know if the skin on the eyes are super sensitive but it hurts so bad when I touched it. My skin is also feeling a little dry today, hopefully I don't look like a snake when I go to put my makeup on.

The BP will really help with the deep ones...they shouldn't last as long either! And as far as the dryness, start adding the jojoba oil if you haven't already. To be honest, Dan's moisturizer didn't do it for me and I had to resort to Cetaphil with jojoba oil. That started to be a bit too much and I started breaking out a bit, so I switched to Clinique and that seems to be doing the trick.

we'll so far so good... I put the moisturizer on and I don't feel dry. The pimples haven't come to a head, YET; so I'm hoping it stays good until I can up my BP amount on week two :)

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/22/2013 1:58 pm

Awesome...glad the dryness subsided! I have found with The Regimen, that some cysts/or pimples will just fade and then some will come to a head rather quickly...but then they go away much faster. Stick with it, you're doing great !cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 12:06 am

DAY 4:

Today was an awesome day! My skin has kept good, it's continuously less inflamed and the acne seems to be going down with each passing day.

The two large ones came to a head tonight, and it was really easy, I hardly pushed the skin and it excreted. :) Every day that I look at my skin I get more confident and happy. I can't wait to see what more days are going to bring me. I know that I still have a long way to go, but I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing only four days in--it gives me high hopes. I'm excited to post my first week picture for you guys and anyone who is reading hehe. ;)

I can't wait for week two to start, so I can up my BP :) I hope you all had a great day as well!

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 10:23 am

Awesome...glad the dryness subsided! I have found with The Regimen, that some cysts/or pimples will just fade and then some will come to a head rather quickly...but then they go away much faster. Stick with it, you're doing great !

thanks girl!! ^_^ I do notice they go away quicker. Noticed two more forming today, small ones but they are white, and I'm guilty of trying to pop them and they wouldn't for me :( I'll have to wait them out ;)

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/23/2013 4:30 pm

Awesome...glad the dryness subsided! I have found with The Regimen, that some cysts/or pimples will just fade and then some will come to a head rather quickly...but then they go away much faster. Stick with it, you're doing great !cheer.gif

thanks girl!! amused.gif I do notice they go away quicker. Noticed two more forming today, small ones but they are white, and I'm guilty of trying to pop them and they wouldn't for me sad.png I'll have to wait them out wink.png

I know...the anticipation to get rid of the things is astronomical, trust me! So glad things are going awesome for you!!wiggle.gif I had a teeny weeny set back...I got a small pimple on my chin. But it's where one just was so I'm thinking it's a purge saywhat.gif

I did a mask of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar today....GIRL, when your face calms down a bit, you have to try this mask! I got rid of blackheads where I didn't even know I had blackheads! This stuff is just plain awesome. And the pimple just below my eye is much smaller and more calm. The infamous eyebrow pimple is all but gone, and the one that is in between the bridge of my nose and the beginning of my eyebrow looks much better too! Whoo hoo! surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 5:19 pm

thanks girl!! amused.gif I do notice they go away quicker. Noticed two more forming today, small ones but they are white, and I'm guilty of trying to pop them and they wouldn't for me sad.png I'll have to wait them out wink.png

I know...the anticipation to get rid of the things is astronomical, trust me! So glad things are going awesome for you!!wiggle.gif I had a teeny weeny set back...I got a small pimple on my chin. But it's where one just was so I'm thinking it's a purge saywhat.gif

I did a mask of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar today....GIRL, when your face calms down a bit, you have to try this mask! I got rid of blackheads where I didn't even know I had blackheads! This stuff is just plain awesome. And the pimple just below my eye is much smaller and more calm. The infamous eyebrow pimple is all but gone, and the one that is in between the bridge of my nose and the beginning of my eyebrow looks much better too! Whoo hoo! surprised.gif

OMG. That is awesome!!! I'm so glad your face is getting better!!! AND WHAT?! That mask took your blackheads away!? asldkfjal eusa_pray.gif

I have blackheads on my nose, so that would be a godsend! do you have a link to that mask that I CAN KEEP track of when I come back to this page on the forum? That would be amazing!!! :) I'm happy your eyebrow one is better ;)

when I got home from work, I took a shower and washed the makeup off my face. When I got out the ones came to a head and I popped them. YES! It's really strange because... I can actually stroke my face and not feel huge bumps. I've never felt so... inspired and optimistic about my face. I have a lot of red marks I'm discovering though. I have acne yes, but this whole time I thought my "Red marks" were acne. But now they're not... I have about 6 raised "pimples" but the rest are red marks... argh can't wait for the first month to be over so I can start adding the AHA. I heard the AHA is like a miracle in the bottle for those red marks. Do you have any red marks? It's funny because I've had WAY more acne on my chin but no red marks there...just on my cheeks. huh.png

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/23/2013 5:56 pm

Yes, I do have the red marks, but they are just scars from past breakouts...and they are fading! The AHA is wonderful! I don't know if I'm allowed to post links on here so I'll PM you some places that you can get it...and it's super cheap too! Always a plus! It's awesome to run your hand down your face and actually feel smooth skin, isn't it?! hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 6:41 pm

Yes, I do have the red marks, but they are just scars from past breakouts...and they are fading! The AHA is wonderful! I don't know if I'm allowed to post links on here so I'll PM you some places that you can get it...and it's super cheap too! Always a plus! It's awesome to run your hand down your face and actually feel smooth skin, isn't it?! hifive.gif

It really is.... and you know what? This is the first time in 8 years that I feel this way. It's just... miraculous to me. I'm almost waiting for something bad to happen because I'm not used to this. >_<

I can't wait for the AHA, i've only heard great things :D

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/23/2013 7:16 pm

So happy for you Alyssa!! I'm seeing significant improvement as well. It's like all of a sudden...everything seems a little brighter!

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 7:19 pm

So happy for you Alyssa!! I'm seeing significant improvement as well. It's like all of a sudden...everything seems a little brighter!

OMG Atn! I'm so happy that you're doing great too!!! It's amazing that it's working! I had a good feeling but this... Is way more than I ever could have dreamed!!!!! How is your skin with the drying??

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/23/2013 8:41 pm

Not dry at all. I've been adding 1 drop of avocado oil along with the recommend 4-5 drops of jojoba oil to the moisturizer. Since I've been on the regimen I haven't had any cyst breakouts, not even regular pimples. It's a miracle!!!!!!!

I'm using avocado oil only because I've used it before so I'm comfortable with it and I know how it reacts with my skin. May I make a suggestion for your red marks? I think you should look into getting some organic Shea butter for the redness on your cheeks. Do some research on it and see if you like it. Shea butter has a comedogenic rating 0 which means it's non-comedogenjc so it won't block your pores and cause any new breakouts. Shea butter possesses powerful healing properties that could possibly clear up your redness for good. They've used it for centuries in Africa. If anything it won't hurt to try.

"Shea butters healing skin care benefits are numerous. It helps fade acne and other scars, heals sunburned, cracked and peeling skin, soothes skin allergies like poison ivy and insect bites, and skin conditions like contact dermatitis and psoriasis. It is also believed to reduce muscle aches and rheumatism by stimulating the elimination of toxins from muscles."

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 11/23/2013 9:17 pm

I love reading your updates and glad to hear everything is going well! My boys are doing well too; tomorrow will be one week for them. They both got a couple new pimples this week but nothing crazy bad (thankfully they've never had cystic acne). Other than the few new pimples, it definitely seems that they're faces are far less bumpy than before. When on the Retin A, they always had a lot of colorless under-skin bumps that made their skin texture look bad up close; those all seem to be flattening out. I really hope the newer pimples dry up soon because then they will look much better. We bumped up to 2x per day on Day 5 and their skin is a bit redder and drier and my younger son complained that his face felt sore (I cut back to just a pea-sized amount for him this am), but they'll try to tough it out.

One question I have for you since you are a runner... Did your face feel any stinging or excessive redness after running? My older son is a basketball player and has a game tomorrow. I'm hoping when he sweats he doesn't get irritation. That used to happen fairly often with the Retin A. (Sometimes I think we were crazy to stick with the Retin A for as long as we did).

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 10:27 pm

DAY 5:

Face is still looking good today. :) I do have a small group of pimples forming by my right corner of my chin. neutral.gif

I've popped them, but when I rub the BP on them tonight, I could feel like they were large. You know, when you rub a pimple

and you feel like it's deeper, or like you didn't get it all? That's how I feel. So hopefully, those don't explode into small army, and this

BP will kick it in the butt tonight. >_<

It is nice now being able to run my face with the wash and not feeling so many bumps like I am used to...feeling blessed so far! I can feel my skin drying a little

more, but the lotion is REALLY Helping. Once I put the lotion on, it's good as new! :)

Not dry at all. I've been adding 1 drop of avocado oil along with the recommend 4-5 drops of jojoba oil to the moisturizer. Since I've been on the regimen I haven't had any cyst breakouts, not even regular pimples. It's a miracle!!!!!!!

I'm using avocado oil only because I've used it before so I'm comfortable with it and I know how it reacts with my skin. May I make a suggestion for your red marks? I think you should look into getting some organic Shea butter for the redness on your cheeks. Do some research on it and see if you like it. Shea butter has a comedogenic rating 0 which means it's non-comedogenjc so it won't block your pores and cause any new breakouts. Shea butter possesses powerful healing properties that could possibly clear up your redness for good. They've used it for centuries in Africa. If anything it won't hurt to try.

"Shea butter™s healing skin care benefits are numerous. It helps fade acne and other scars, heals sunburned, cracked and peeling skin, soothes skin allergies like poison ivy and insect bites, and skin conditions like contact dermatitis and psoriasis. It is also believed to reduce muscle aches and rheumatism by stimulating the elimination of toxins from muscles."

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 11/23/2013 10:51 pm

They haven't gone up to the full amt of BP yet, will prob do so in week 2. I'm keeping an eye on their skin each day for redness and irritation, I'd rather that they go slow in the beginning because I'm afraid if their skin starts to feel too irritated and sore they may want to quit the whole thing. It seems alot of people on here complain about how red and dry their skin is and that's when they start questioning the whole process and want to give up. So I sure don't want that to happen!!

I'm going to "forget" to pack a towel in my son's gymbag for his bball game tomorrow. Whenever he plays he's always rubbing the towel over his face and I'm sure that's a huge source of irritation. I'm glad you brought that up so we can ditch the towel for now - lol!

I love reading your updates and glad to hear everything is going well! My boys are doing well too; tomorrow will be one week for them. They both got a couple new pimples this week but nothing crazy bad (thankfully they've never had cystic acne). Other than the few new pimples, it definitely seems that they're faces are far less bumpy than before. When on the Retin A, they always had a lot of colorless under-skin bumps that made their skin texture look bad up close; those all seem to be flattening out. I really hope the newer pimples dry up soon because then they will look much better. We bumped up to 2x per day on Day 5 and their skin is a bit redder and drier and my younger son complained that his face felt sore (I cut back to just a pea-sized amount for him this am), but they'll try to tough it out.

One question I have for you since you are a runner... Did your face feel any stinging or excessive redness after running? My older son is a basketball player and has a game tomorrow. I'm hoping when he sweats he doesn't get irritation. That used to happen fairly often with the Retin A. (Sometimes I think we were crazy to stick with the Retin A for as long as we did).

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2013 11:09 pm

They haven't gone up to the full amt of BP yet, will prob do so in week 2. I'm keeping an eye on their skin each day for redness and irritation, I'd rather that they go slow in the beginning because I'm afraid if their skin starts to feel too irritated and sore they may want to quit the whole thing. It seems alot of people on here complain about how red and dry their skin is and that's when they start questioning the whole process and want to give up. So I sure don't want that to happen!!

I'm going to "forget" to pack a towel in my son's gymbag for his bball game tomorrow. Whenever he plays he's always rubbing the towel over his face and I'm sure that's a huge source of irritation. I'm glad you brought that up so we can ditch the towel for now - lol!

That is amazing to hear as well!!! It's amazing to only have a small amount of breakouts, which I think is just purging and not REALLY new pimples, or I like to think of it that way. wink.png Especially when we are used to breaking out constantly a day. I noticed, when I do break out, it fades and goes down much faster, I give credit to the BP!!! Since you will be starting week two, are you upping to the full amount of BP? That might help clear them out more, but just add the oil to the moisturizer, cause I heard week 2-4 is the hardest with the dry skin!!!

and no, when I run, I run outside so I don't feel any stinging. The only time I've felt that this whole time on the Regimen, was when I do workout videos inside. I think he will be fine! Just make sure he doesn't RUB the sweat off with a towel and instead dabs it off. It irritates the skin SO much to rub!

Yes, ditching the towel is the best you can do for him :) just make sure you go over with him, to avoid rubbing the sweat off with his hands. Playing basketball, the ball hits the floor. Floor=dirt, and if you rub your hands on your face you get the dirt on your face. Just have him try to watch that!

That's what I've heard too, the dryness is the main thing. They all said dryness and redness is the worst, but if you get past that point, its when you really start seeing results!

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/24/2013 9:12 pm

DAY 6:

I woke up with the two pimples that formed on my chin virtually gone. That's the good news--the bad news, my skin is really dry now. I'm using the same amount of BP and Moisturizer so, maybe it's just the BP finally catching up to my skin? I added the Jojoba oil, but it didn't really seem to do anything?? I don't know...

I kind of have the kind of dry skin, where you smile and you can't smile to large because you feel so dry. >_< I know it will get better, but the makeup doesn't make it look any better haha. My birthday is on Saturday, so I'm hoping I'm really clear by then! Or at least a little more because right now, i'm already more clear than I have been in ... years. If that is possible to believe!!

I hope the dry skin goes away soon, that's the only down side right now. I have no HUGE new pimples. Just a couple small ones that I already popped, so hoping the BP zaps those at night. :) I pop when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Unless it's like huge during the day, lol...

so dry... strongsad.gif