10 Weeks On The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

10 Weeks On The Regimen...with Pics

MemberMember
(@blondie2013)

Posted : 05/12/2013 5:34 am

Hi your skin is fab, can ask how you are using the AHA,,once the BP has absorbed are you mixing the aha with your moisturiser and jojobia oil all together,then applying it together ,how much aha,oil,mosturiser do you.do you do this every night, on the night you use aha alone do you moisturise at all that night,sorry for all the questions x

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/12/2013 8:27 am

Hi your skin is fab, can ask how you are using the AHA,,once the BP has absorbed are you mixing the aha with your moisturiser and jojobia oil all together,then applying it together ,how much aha,oil,mosturiser do you.do you do this every night, on the night you use aha alone do you moisturise at all that night,sorry for all the questions x

Hello there!

Let me try to answer your questions the best way I can. Here we go...

I basically put half the recommended amount of moisturizer and the other half is AHA on the palm of my hand and then add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. I mix that together then apply it generously on my face. I put more moisturizer on at night because I don't mind my face looking greasy when I sleep.

Yes, I do that every night but every 3rd night I skip the moisturizer and jojoba oil and just put AHA all over my face. So if on Monday and Tuesday I use the moisturizer, aha and jojoba then on Wednesday I just use pure AHA.

MemberMember
(@blondie2013)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:55 am

Thanks for answering my questions,I am using dans moisturers at the moment but need to change it as for during the day it only gives immediate relief for dryness but doesn't help after that and I need something to help my liquid foundation to go on smoother ,as my skin looks dry and dehydrated ,I am 39 so not a good look.does the clinique keep your skin hydrated,I am trying to find a day moisturiser that is very moisturising that is not greasy,doesn't block pores that i can apply make up over,don't want much then hehe x

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/12/2013 8:43 pm

Thanks for answering my questions,I am using dans moisturers at the moment but need to change it as for during the day it only gives immediate relief for dryness but doesn't help after that and I need something to help my liquid foundation to go on smoother ,as my skin looks dry and dehydrated ,I am 39 so not a good look.does the clinique keep your skin hydrated,I am trying to find a day moisturiser that is very moisturising that is not greasy,doesn't block pores that i can apply make up over,don't want much then hehe x

Can I ask how long you have been on the regimen?

My clinique moisturizer works really well for me during the day. It does not look greasy and it absorbs really fast. I only use my cetaphil at night because it is very thick and if I use it during the day it takes a long time to absorb and it also makes my face look really greasy. With the clinique, it absorbs fasts and I like the way my liquid foundation look over it.

I guess finding the right moisturizer also depends on where you live. I live in a tropical country so its hot most of the time and really humid. That is why I opt for the clinique during the day. If you live in a cooler climate, I think you can use something like cetaphil or cerave.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:16 pm

Just wondering -is the glycolic acid gel / AHA you use a particular brand? I've heard the AHA is great for fading pigmentation and works as a spot treatment for some people so I want to try it at some point and am looking for product suggestions.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:25 pm

Just wondering -is the glycolic acid gel / AHA you use a particular brand? I've heard the AHA is great for fading pigmentation and works as a spot treatment for some people so I want to try it at some point and am looking for product suggestions.

No particular brand. I just ordered this locally in my country from someone who mixes this is up. But I have heard a lot of great things from Dan's AHA and Alpha Hydrox which can be found here http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Hydrox-Enhanced-percent-Glycolic/dp/B000052YM7

I'm not sure if they are all created equal but the one I use has 10% glycolic acid. Similar to Dan's and Alpha Hydrox.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/12/2013 11:51 pm

No particular brand. I just ordered this locally in my country from someone who mixes this is up. But I have heard a lot of great things from Dan's AHA and Alpha Hydrox which can be found here http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Hydrox-Enhanced-percent-Glycolic/dp/B000052YM7

I'm not sure if they are all created equal but the one I use has 10% glycolic acid. Similar to Dan's and Alpha Hydrox.

Thanks for that :)

I've done some searching online today and I think I've found a brand I can try and get in my local pharmacy... it's expensive though so I'll have to wait and see if they're doing discounts soon. I'll keep in mind that alpha hydrox too :)

MemberMember
(@blondie2013)

Posted : 05/13/2013 12:30 pm

My clinique moisturizer works really well for me during the day. It does not look greasy and it absorbs really fast. I only use my cetaphil at night because it is very thick and if I use it during the day it takes a long time to absorb and it also makes my face look really greasy. With the clinique, it absorbs fasts and I like the way my liquid foundation look over it.

I guess finding the right moisturizer also depends on where you live. I live in a tropical country so its hot most of the time and really humid. That is why I opt for the clinique during the day. If you live in a cooler climate, I think you can use something like cetaphil or cerave.

Hi, i have been on the regimen for 8 weeks, i will give you a bit of background info i am 39 now i have struggled with my skin since my teens with moderate, sometimes mild acne but i was never without a spot, and they begn to scar ( the shallow pit type) as i got older, after being on dianette, varies antibiotics, and sometimes nothing at all, my skin covered well with make up and people didnt realise that i had problem skin, then i got fed up of not having clear skin and went onto accutane for 6 months, then 6 months later i had on the NHS fully ablative co2 laser resurfacing under general anethestic(i will post the pics sometime), so spots gone scars gone, all good. then i had a baby 2011 and was fine until baby was 4 months old then started getting breakouts nothing major especially time of month, quinoderm 5 helped but then i couldnt get that strenghth anymore, so was just fed up of always having some spots, so went on the regimen, never went red but went very dry and scaly, passed that stage now just now dry and needs a good hydration, i am using dans cleaner+bp+moisturizer, desert essnce jojobia oil and alpha hydrox aha(oil free one).only been using aha about 5 days mixing it. i live in uk so it not hot often haha, maybe its my make up that i need to change, but maybe i should try just doing bp at night as i have only mild problems and it seems to dry my whole face.? also more or less clear now x

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:29 pm

Hi, i have been on the regimen for 8 weeks, i will give you a bit of background info i am 39 now i have struggled with my skin since my teens with moderate, sometimes mild acne but i was never without a spot, and they begn to scar ( the shallow pit type) as i got older, after being on dianette, varies antibiotics, and sometimes nothing at all, my skin covered well with make up and people didnt realise that i had problem skin, then i got fed up of not having clear skin and went onto accutane for 6 months, then 6 months later i had on the NHS fully ablative co2 laser resurfacing under general anethestic(i will post the pics sometime), so spots gone scars gone, all good. then i had a baby 2011 and was fine until baby was 4 months old then started getting breakouts nothing major especially time of month, quinoderm 5 helped but then i couldnt get that strenghth anymore, so was just fed up of always having some spots, so went on the regimen, never went red but went very dry and scaly, passed that stage now just now dry and needs a good hydration, i am using dans cleaner+bp+moisturizer, desert essnce jojobia oil and alpha hydrox aha(oil free one).only been using aha about 5 days mixing it. i live in uk so it not hot often haha, maybe its my make up that i need to change, but maybe i should try just doing bp at night as i have only mild problems and it seems to dry my whole face.? also more or less clear now x

I would not recommend using the regimen just once a night unless you are already clear. Look into your make-up and see if it causes breakouts. And get a better moisturizer. Jojoba oil also helps.

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/13/2013 9:46 pm

Wow I would have never thought that was you!! It's amazing though and your skin is beautiful now :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/13/2013 10:12 pm

Wow I would have never thought that was you!! It's amazing though and your skin is beautiful now smile.png

I wouldn't have thought that me either! Haha.

Thanks! I hope the regimen works for you as well as it did for me. I'm rooting for all you new regimen users. :)

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/14/2013 5:13 pm

Around when did you notice your skin start to get better?

Did your skin get any breakouts?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/14/2013 6:38 pm

Around when did you notice your skin start to get better?

Did your skin get any breakouts?

Around the 8th week on the regimen everything started to calm down. The cysts were going away, the redness wasn't so bad and overall there were no new cysts coming in anymore.

I still get a spot here and there. Mostly because I am a girl and hormones sometimes even get the best of the regimen. And also when I get stressed out, I get a zit or two. Nothing major, they go away pretty fast now that I am on the regimen.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/14/2013 6:47 pm

During the 10 week period, did you eat very healthy and avoided all the unhealthy food? What was your sleep schedule like? If you slept very little and tired, did you notice you still broke out?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/14/2013 7:23 pm

During the 10 week period, did you eat very healthy and avoided all the unhealthy food? What was your sleep schedule like? If you slept very little and tired, did you notice you still broke out?

Nope. I tried the healthy eating thing and it did nothing for me really. So now I try to eat healthier just because its good for me but I never really avoid dairy or meat like a plague. I still eat burgers and have ice cream. My sleep schedule varies sometimes. I can sometimes get up to 10 hours some days and others I get like 4 hours only. Haven't really noticed getting acne from lack of sleep. Stress though is a big factor.

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/21/2013 9:21 am

eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:03 pm

Hi nicmic! I'm back. hehe eusa_liar.gif

I was so happy on my first week.. but i got into trouble on my second..

Here's what happened.. I went to a party, i got home drunk and i forgot to put BP before i sleep (but i washed my face). In the morning i was too lazy to do the regimen and decided to do it at night. When i looked at the mirror... tadaaa! i got 2 little zits and a big one on my cheek..so shocked, i spilled out some BP on the floor then applied it on my face (supposing that the floor is clean) The day after, i got another big zit on my forehead.. tsktsk i was freaking out so i got my beauche cream (the one i used before this regimen) as a spot treatment.. and poof! now the 4zits are arleady full grown and about to explode.. i know your thinking how stupid i am now... hahahaha comfort.gif

here are few questions:rolleyes.gif

1. is it because of alcohol?

2. or is it because i failed to put BP twice?

3. or, is adding the beauche cream or any other cream to this regimen not advisable?

4. any advise for my stupidity? hahaha

eusa_pray.gif

Hello Irene! :)

Breaking out on your first month of the regimen is very very normal. I do not think it is because of the alcohol. Missing the regimen may impact your face the week or two weeks after, but I don't think it will affect you as fast as the next day. I think it is just your skin purging all of the acne out.

I do not recommend adding anything to your regimen for now. Wait till you get clear then you can slowly experiment with other products.

As for number 4...don't be too hard on yourself. Haha. We all like to enjoy ourselves from time to time. Although alcohol can be dehydrating and bad for the skin, I have noticed (at least for me anyway) that clear liquid alcohol is better for my skin (not better, but does not have as much of the bad skin effects as beer and dark liquor). It also has less calories!! I'd stick with Vodka instead of grabbing a beer or Tanduay. Hahaha.

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:52 am

Yeah, I agree that it is purging all of the acne out. That's y i am surprised that i got my skin cleared in just a week. yun pala naguumpisa palang ang digmaan hahahahah anyways thanks sgain nicmic.. i shall return hahaha mwah! hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 05/22/2013 1:24 pm

I am very happy for you cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/22/2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, I agree that it is purging all of the acne out. That's y i am surprised that i got my skin cleared in just a week. yun pala naguumpisa palang ang digmaan hahahahah anyways thanks sgain nicmic.. i shall return hahaha mwah! hifive.gif

Yup. My 3rd and 4th week was when all my acne started to come out, so I believe it is that.

I am very happy for you cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

Awww. Thanks very much! :)

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 06/27/2013 1:12 am

I was put on the same combination birth control (Krimson 35 where I'm from) for my hormone imbalance. The gynae told me it would clear up my skin. I was so happy but it didn't help one bit. I came off it in January... and it made me break out like crazy at first but my skin seems to be getting back to normal. But everything else is kinda saying that I might need to go back on it.

Anyway... your skin looks really amazing. it's really great now (you know... on its own), but when you compare it it's just inspiring. I look at your pictures and think "Yes! there is hope!" :) Happy the regimen worked so well for you. :)

AyeAye liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:25 am

I was put on the same combination birth control (Krimson 35 where I'm from) for my hormone imbalance. The gynae told me it would clear up my skin. I was so happy but it didn't help one bit. I came off it in January... and it made me break out like crazy at first but my skin seems to be getting back to normal. But everything else is kinda saying that I might need to go back on it.

Anyway... your skin looks really amazing. it's really great now (you know... on its own), but when you compare it it's just inspiring. I look at your pictures and think "Yes! there is hope!" smile.png Happy the regimen worked so well for you. smile.png

Birth control is not for everyone. I still have my PCOS but I was surprised that my regimen now has been able to control my breakouts. I'm very happy about that. And yes, there is hope. We just need a bit of help sometimes that's why we are here on the acne.org boards.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:05 pm

Im on my 5th week and im almost givin up ;( sick and tired of waiting :(

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:58 am

Im on my 5th week and im almost givin up ;( sick and tired of waiting sad.png

We all feel that way. Especially since most of us have had acne for a long time. But if you want to see great results, time goes hand in hand with it. Try not to think about it very much and just stick to the regimen. :)

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/26/2013 6:58 pm

We all feel that way. Especially since most of us have had acne for a long time. But if you want to see great results, time goes hand in hand with it. Try not to think about it very much and just stick to the regimen. :)

Awwwh :( im gonna cry seriously :( thank god i found this website. And thank you for the advice. I just feel down everytime i see another breakout each day. Im on my 6th weeks now, i hope i get cleared up at the 10th week, fingers crossed